Oscraps

Daily O's: Friday, August 12

LSlycord

I don't see @tanteva so I'll kick us off. Then I'll count on everyone else to spice it up a bit!

It's Friday...I thought it would never get here! But, as always, it did! A busy day at work...which is good, it will make the day go fast! Watched an excellent movie last night with Syd..."Rescued by Ruby" on Netflix. A very happy dog movie! Have a good one and I'll talk to you later.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Thanks for kicking off the thread this morning, Linda. Glad you and Syd had a fun evening together. BTW, like your new siggy!! We should all take it to heart ... and RELAX!

I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 PM last night then got a sales call at 9:15 that woke me up but drifted back to sleep right away. So... here I am wide awake at 5 AM!!! UGH!!! The moon is so bright it is almost like a spotlight shining on the bedroom windows. That may be part of the reason I woke up.

LOL @Cherylndesigns .... no, the pest guy DID SHOW UP and caught me in my nightgown/housecoat! The office did not call the day before to let me know he was coming or I would have been dressed before he arrived. I ended up taking yesterday as a PJ day. Easing back on computer work/time seems to be helping... BP has been in the normal range the last several days. You are the Shopping Queen... great buys this week. Bet you will really enjoy that jacket this fall.

Susie @pachimac .... so glad to see you popping in here. PS... glad you are on the CT with us. Wow, it seems like it was just the other day when your daughter was just starting school and now she is grown up!!!

Yes, @tanteva I did see your LO with the song lyrics from Grease. Great LO. Yes, do tell about what is going on with your work... are they making you a full-time employee or cutting your hours even more?? Glad you enjoy catsup on pasta but that will never be a dish I could enjoy.... have to have my Italian spices in the sauce over pasta. It is all in what a person grew up having.

@bcgal00 wow that is a long road trip in one day but know it will be a relief to have the trailer sold with no more worries/expense with it. And then you can take the cruise and relax/enjoy it fully! And so happy you got the cubes finally.

Gotta get another cup of coffee and then think about getting a shower/dressed. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
a2bb0f5c94b69d29450de88e4990d6db.jpeg

Probably not. Probably popcorn, yarn and Netflix, but ... I can party in my fantasy.

Work ... well ... it's not looking good. Remember I told you about those weird laws that had changed? Looks like they will #¤&# up my life. There has been 2 vacancies (the witch leaving + another one retiring) during summer, but both those jobs will be filled in September. Those where both jobs I couldn't apply for, cuz I don't have the right education. But since both will be filled now, the need for extra staff will be less. As far as I know, I will have job til end of October ... well, that's at least the info Urban has gotten, I haven't been working this week, so haven't met the boss. But as I understand it, I will work about 20hrs/month in September & October. But, as I said, I haven't heard from the boss myself. We'll see, I work on Monday again.

We have election for parliament this September, and we have some extra work due to that (people can vote in advance at the library), that's why I'm needed in September, not sure why in October.

Finally sat down and wrote a letter to a pen pal today! Has been such a lousy pen pal this year. Then I got a letter from my friend yesterday, she's such a sweetie. She never gets tired of reaching out, even though I'm such a bad pen pal. Started thinking about why I don't write letters anymore. Realized I'm putting way too much pressure on myself. I think I have to have something interesting to tell, big adventures or something, and my life is so boring ATM. But ... I'm sure people rather get any letter from me, than none. I need to be better! Even got a new pen pal inquiry over at Pen Pal World from a Scottish lady. And who doesn't want a pen pal in Scotland???!!! So, I've decided I need to get writing again. Better short, boring letters than none at all. Right? Soooo ... that's my weekend plans. (I admit, I'm gonna cheat a little bit - write one letter on the computer in English, then I can just alter the personal bits, and send the same letter to 6 persons. But at least I will be on top of things, and in the future I pledge to reply to letters I get within 2 DAYS!)

Dinner plans: Vegetarian kebab (& cow kebab for John) with home made fries in the air fryer & lots of veggies. That's as close as we'll get to a party this day. Well ... I'm sure Urban will drink some wine too, but I'll stick to my Pepsi. Then Netflix. We're watching a Belgian show right now: Undercover. It's about cops infiltrating a drug ring. We just started, so I can't really tell if it's good or not.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning my lovelies.

Linda @LSlycord thanks for the kick off. Eva @tanteva LOVE the teeth on the monster. Hahaha TGIF Sounds like you're going to be busy. Dinner sounds yummy too.

Kay @BrightEyes don't you love it when they show up unexpectedly? NOT! That's one of my pet peeves. I hate to be caught not dressed like that. We still haven't heard back from our handyman - waiting.....waiting.....waiting. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long. Yes, the girls and I are bad - but even if I don't buy much (or anything) it's just fun to be with them. I'm absolutely going to love that jacket when the weather gets cool. We had to laugh yesterday about how we really do "shop local". They sell T-shirts that say that and we need to all get one. There are so many cute boutiques in our little town plus that locally owned dept. store we love. There's a big western store too, called Workman's - it's a 2 story building and so much fun.

I'll try to pop back on here later, too and catch up some more. Hugs

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Hi Everyone, and thanks for getting today's party started, Linda. ♥

@LSlycord That movie sounds like one I'd like. I'll be sure to look it up.

@BrightEyes Kay, I'm normally early to bed, by nine, unless I'm reading a book I just can't put down. But, I'm normally up between four and five. A text from Walmart woke me this morning at 6AM! Wow! I finally slept in. I suppose I should turn my phone off at night, but with granddaughters and family out and about, I just can't do it.

@tanteva Funny, you should mention pop corn. I've been smelling it lately, my newest neighbor is obviously a popcorn lover. I started craving it so ordered an air popper and it should be here by tomorrow. Wow! I haven't written a letter in so long, I doubt I'd remember how to. Takes all I can do to keep up with Birthday Cards and emails. I think you letter plan sounds good!

@Cherylndesigns It's great you can go shopping with your girls. I haven't been in ages. I live in a tiny mountain town, so no department stores at all. I have to drive a considerable distance just for Belks and other such stores, so order most of my stuff online. Recently I ordered a blouse from Dillard's and another from Amazon. Both the same size. The one from Dillard's I could have put another person in it with me, and the one from Amazon, same size, I couldn't even button!! So, like it or not, I'm going to have to drive and actually try on clothes soon. :rolleyes:

I've got some housecleaning that keeps calling my name, so I must get to it.

scrap-genie

Another day to make mischief while "Mom" is away, hopefully really relaxed.
@LSlycord thanks for the start. Glad you and Syd are making the most of these days. I find it hard to imagine my mother having any such feelings when I went off the college. Parents immediately got a color TV (we just had B&W) and a dishwasher. Easy to replace me it seemed.
@tanteva thanks for Animal's face today. There is an ad on TV these days that he's in and we like seeing/hearing him.
I'm host of a Zoom session in a bit and then go to PT, so have to get a move on.
Waving HI to all.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Good morning all!! I have been up most of the night with a chihuahua with hives all up and down his trunk. He got into a bush and rubbed it all over himself and I was stupid and didn't wash him off right away. Benadryl was his savior, but now I'm so darned sleepy!!!! He's better this morning, thank God! He's snoozing on the couch, where I'd like to be...

These fur babies sure get into your heart!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hi Everyone, and thanks for getting today's party started, Linda. ♥

@LSlycord That movie sounds like one I'd like. I'll be sure to look it up.

@BrightEyes Kay, I'm normally early to bed, by nine, unless I'm reading a book I just can't put down. But, I'm normally up between four and five. A text from Walmart woke me this morning at 6AM! Wow! I finally slept in. I suppose I should turn my phone off at night, but with granddaughters and family out and about, I just can't do it.

@tanteva Funny, you should mention pop corn. I've been smelling it lately, my newest neighbor is obviously a popcorn lover. I started craving it so ordered an air popper and it should be here by tomorrow. Wow! I haven't written a letter in so long, I doubt I'd remember how to. Takes all I can do to keep up with Birthday Cards and emails. I think you letter plan sounds good!

@Cherylndesigns It's great you can go shopping with your girls. I haven't been in ages. I live in a tiny mountain town, so no department stores at all. I have to drive a considerable distance just for Belks and other such stores, so order most of my stuff online. Recently I ordered a blouse from Dillard's and another from Amazon. Both the same size. The one from Dillard's I could have put another person in it with me, and the one from Amazon, same size, I couldn't even button!! So, like it or not, I'm going to have to drive and actually try on clothes soon. :rolleyes:

I've got some housecleaning that keeps calling my name, so I must get to it.
I SO know what you mean about the way clothes are sized. UGH. It's so frustrating. I hate to try clothes on, but I break down and do it, especially lately, because I'm also terrible about returning things. When I find something that fits just right, I buy in multiples. I've done that on Amazon too.

About that 6 am text. Can you put your phone on sleep mode? I have mine on sleep mode, but have my family's numbers set to ring through - I can sleep at night and not worry about them and no unwanted texts in the wee hours of the morning.

We do have loads of fun and we don't have any "big" stores here except Walmart. We also live by a small town, but luckily, there are some great local boutiques here - we have to drive almost an hour to get to the big box stores. We have a Dollar Tree here, too. I was leery of the boutiques, but their prices aren't inflated like the boutiques in Florida. You walk in most of those and you can smell the money. Hahaha

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning all!! I have been up most of the night with a chihuahua with hives all up and down his trunk. He got into a bush and rubbed it all over himself and I was stupid and didn't wash him off right away. Benadryl was his savior, but now I'm so darned sleepy!!!! He's better this morning, thank God! He's snoozing on the couch, where I'd like to be...

These fur babies sure get into your heart!!!
I'm glad your doggie is better today, Susie. We have to take care of them - they do get into our hearts, don't they? I always say "they depend on us for everything". I always tell the kids that when they complain about them being "high maintenance", LOL
Another day to make mischief while "Mom" is away, hopefully really relaxed.
@LSlycord thanks for the start. Glad you and Syd are making the most of these days. I find it hard to imagine my mother having any such feelings when I went off the college. Parents immediately got a color TV (we just had B&W) and a dishwasher. Easy to replace me it seemed.
@tanteva thanks for Animal's face today. There is an ad on TV these days that he's in and we like seeing/hearing him.
I'm host of a Zoom session in a bit and then go to PT, so have to get a move on.
Waving HI to all.
Hi Jean. It's good to see you in here. :)

LSlycord

And work is done!!! The boss decided that he would do a team meeting over our lunch hour...in the olden days you at least got pizza or something for giving up your lunch hour. Nowadays, you get nothing. But since I'm a contractor and they pay me for what I work, I decided I'd just go ahead and work straight through and then leave early.

@BrightEyes, a sales call at 9:15 at night. What is wrong with those people? And do they ever really sell anything at that hour? I can't imagine that people aren't always just plain irritated with them.

@tanteva sounds like the job is a bit of a mess. Hope it works out however you want it to. Sometimes it's just good to have an answer!

@Cherylndesigns maybe get a pair of jean shorts started tonight. Or maybe get caught up on my CT work. This month is flying by...
How fun it would be to go shopping with the girls.

@Betty Jo if you watch the movie, you will need to tell me what you think. We have two dogs and one sees every dog that is on TV. One day she saw Clifford the Big Red Dog...how she knew that cartoon character was a dog, I'll never know, but she did. Anyway, it took some extra effort to watch TV last night because she had a hard time getting herself calmed down. She really didn't like the scenes where the dog was at the shelter.

@scrap-genie a color TV and a dishwasher...I think that you were pretty highly valued. LOL

@pachimac your Benadryl story made me smile. Not because your poor pup was uncomfortable...I love my fur babies...but because we had a Benadryl incident at our house last night. It was 10:00 and we had just turned off the lights. I'm no night owl! The door to the bedroom opened and Sydney walks in and says, "Look at my lip. It is swollen." So lights came back on and I got my glasses and she was right, her lips were swollen. Next thing I know, Shaun has come in. "Do you see how swollen and red my eye is?" Well, yes it was swollen. I told them that I thought they would both live through the night but maybe should take some Benadryl before they went to bed. Well, we were out of Benadryl...which I couldn't believe. Then, Syd said that she had Benadryl in her first aid kit that was packed for college. So she went and dug it out and both kids got there Benadryl and they both looked better in the morning. But, I secretly enjoyed every minute of that time with them needing me.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@pachimac your Benadryl story made me smile. Not because your poor pup was uncomfortable...I love my fur babies...but because we had a Benadryl incident at our house last night. It was 10:00 and we had just turned off the lights. I'm no night owl! The door to the bedroom opened and Sydney walks in and says, "Look at my lip. It is swollen." So lights came back on and I got my glasses and she was right, her lips were swollen. Next thing I know, Shaun has come in. "Do you see how swollen and red my eye is?" Well, yes it was swollen. I told them that I thought they would both live through the night but maybe should take some Benadryl before they went to bed. Well, we were out of Benadryl...which I couldn't believe. Then, Syd said that she had Benadryl in her first aid kit that was packed for college. So she went and dug it out and both kids got there Benadryl and they both looked better in the morning. But, I secretly enjoyed every minute of that time with them needing me.
Oh no!! I'm glad they're okay as well. I can relate. I have a 19 year old and just this morning I lamented the fact that she doesn't come into my bedroom any more and cuddle after hubby. leaves for work.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
And work is done!!! The boss decided that he would do a team meeting over our lunch hour...in the olden days you at least got pizza or something for giving up your lunch hour. Nowadays, you get nothing. But since I'm a contractor and they pay me for what I work, I decided I'd just go ahead and work straight through and then leave early.

@BrightEyes, a sales call at 9:15 at night. What is wrong with those people? And do they ever really sell anything at that hour? I can't imagine that people aren't always just plain irritated with them.

@tanteva sounds like the job is a bit of a mess. Hope it works out however you want it to. Sometimes it's just good to have an answer!

@Cherylndesigns maybe get a pair of jean shorts started tonight. Or maybe get caught up on my CT work. This month is flying by...
How fun it would be to go shopping with the girls.

@Betty Jo if you watch the movie, you will need to tell me what you think. We have two dogs and one sees every dog that is on TV. One day she saw Clifford the Big Red Dog...how she knew that cartoon character was a dog, I'll never know, but she did. Anyway, it took some extra effort to watch TV last night because she had a hard time getting herself calmed down. She really didn't like the scenes where the dog was at the shelter.

@scrap-genie a color TV and a dishwasher...I think that you were pretty highly valued. LOL

It's SO much fun, Linda. Wish you could go with us. We act up a lot, that embarrasses my youngest gd - we don't take her unless we HAVE to..Hahaha Good luck with your jean shorts or your CT work.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I SO know what you mean about the way clothes are sized. UGH. It's so frustrating. I hate to try clothes on, but I break down and do it, especially lately, because I'm also terrible about returning things. When I find something that fits just right, I buy in multiples. I've done that on Amazon too.

About that 6 am text. Can you put your phone on sleep mode? I have mine on sleep mode, but have my family's numbers set to ring through - I can sleep at night and not worry about them and no unwanted texts in the wee hours of the morning.

We do have loads of fun and we don't have any "big" stores here except Walmart. We also live by a small town, but luckily, there are some great local boutiques here - we have to drive almost an hour to get to the big box stores. We have a Dollar Tree here, too. I was leery of the boutiques, but their prices aren't inflated like the boutiques in Florida. You walk in most of those and you can smell the money. Hahaha
Yes, we have Walmart, but ours isn't a big one. We still have to drive a distance even for a decent Walmart. I never go downtown here, so I'm not sure if there are boutiques or not. Will have to check to see. Yep, I grew up in FL and it has gotten sooooo expensive in every way.

I'm so phone illiterate. I had no idea it has a sleep mode. My son is the tech expert in our family, I'll get him to show me how to do that.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@pachimac Susie, I'm so glad your little guy is okay. I have such severe allergies I can't have pets. If I could, I'd probably have a dozen!! ;)

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@LSlycord I will do that. That is amazing that your dog knew Clifford is a dog. Wow! Glad your kids are okay and had some Benadryl. I loved it when you wrote 'I secretly enjoyed every minute of that time with them needing me.' Although my two sons are grown, capable adults, there are still times they need Mama, just in different ways than when they were younger. I always try to find ways to admire and encourage them. ♥

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
Hi all

We have got the first sunny day for weeks here in New Zealand. In fact, it's been the wettest winter in decades. When you drive around the city there are landslips everywhere. I feel for the people who have lost their yards and now their houses are balancing on the precipice. Also glad I sold my house and don't have to worry about it happening to mine (nearly all houses here are on steep hillsides)

In today's news, after 2.5 years living in this apartment and having to get out of the car and walk through the basement to manually trigger the gates to open so DH can access the car parking and we can unload our groceries/bulky furniture etc by the lift, I tried out a random swipe card I found in a drawer and thus discovered I have had a swipe card for the carpark all along ...

giphy.gif

@tanteva sorry about the job situation, that is such a shame :-( Fasinated to hear about penpal world though. I had no idea that was a thing!

@pachimac hope your furbaby is feeling better!

@BrightEyes Sorry about that late call - I hate getting woken up by a call or text grrr.