Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Weekend Edition: March 22 & 23

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
No new Daily Ooo's thread - and I need to vent ... starting it myself :)

Have had a couple of crazy days, so I'm behind with my challenges, and today we have this stupid family dinner that I'm in no mood for. On Monday it will be a year since my sister passed, and for some reason my mom thinks it's a good idea to host a dinner because of this. I think it's morbid. Like it's an anniversary that needs to be celebrated or something? And since my mom is the Queen of Guilt Trips there's no way to get out of it.

How I long for this evening to come!

Now I hope I have time to make 1 layout before it's time to leave. I need to fill me up with some creative JOY before this.

petey111

Good morning Eva.

I'm so sorry you have to do the dinner. In some way, I see both of your points of view. She's craving having her family around her because she misses your sister I'm sure, and sees it as an opportunity to remember her together. But I understand you not wanting it to seem like a day to celebrate and it being a hard day. Everyone has different ways of grieving and - having been through many deaths in my family - I understand both feelings. I hope you can get through it ok. Love ya!!

Chris - I really hope you can make the design work for Cait. Prom dresses are so important. :) AND I really, really hope for a short course of treatment for you. How are you this morning?

Laurie - I have seen the son/daughter moving back home several times in my family. It's stressful! I hope he finds a job soon for everyone's benefit! What did the doctor say about your shoulder?

Nancy - Sounds like spring is hitting you! Yay! We had a couple of really nice days. We went on a walk at the lake the other evening and saw rabbits, geese, turkeys, and even the backside of two deer running away from us. Aaaaand now it's a high of 35 and it is going to snow on Monday. blerg. Our weather is so bipolar.

Trudy - You sound like a fun kind of busy. I want to come hang out with you. And Jean too - I want to try Yoga. I have a DVD for beginners...I just need to get my butt to do it! I am sooooo not a morning person. If I could just get myself to do it in the morning, I'm sure it would make me feel better! How did your organizing go? I tried to use Bridge, but my computer didn't play well with the server that all my digistuff is stored on. But, we got a new server...so maybe I need to try again.

Hi Phyils - We shared our snow blast with you. Aren't we nice?!

Hi Jean!!! - If I find time to share, I'll pass it on! LOL

I'm hoping for a combination of fun and relaxing today. I have a few errands to run. Ben has a birthday party in the town where I teach and he goes to school. We live in Omaha, but we drive about 20 miles north for school. So, hubby and I might have a lunch date while he's at the party. I have a couple of projects looming over my head I should probably work on and the dishes really need to be done. Think I can get it all in?

I hope you have a great day everyone!

tanteva

Everyone has different ways of grieving

I do understand this - that's why I am going in a way. I know mom, my sister & my niece needs this. I'm doing this for them. I'll bring the camera to hide behind - everyone's learned I'm the geek behind the camera LOL

nancyr

good morning! It is supposed to reach 60 today but first we have to get a rain storm. What is up with that. Then snow next week LOL. I keep thinking that spring is coming but I must be wrong. Today is another hockey game - a big game against our big rival the NY Rangers. Should be fun. Both teams need the points. Got some scrapping done but went for a good walk as the weather was pretty nice but too much wind. I actually made mac and cheese for dinner. Was pretty good. My son chose and shopped so I cooked not a bad compromise.

Eva I hope that you find some special moments in the dinner today. You are doing a great thing for your mom, sister and niece.

Sara I love your definition of weather - bipolar - too true!

Chris hope the prom dress search goes well. Try and get some rest this weekend too!

Trudy hope your tagging went well.

Phylis the weather is the pits.

Hope everyone has a great day!

petey111

I do understand this - that's why I am going in a way. I know mom, my sister & my niece needs this. I'm doing this for them. I'll bring the camera to hide behind - everyone's learned I'm the geek behind the camera LOL

Good! Hang in there!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning to all of you.

Eva- I am sorry that you have to go through the dinner.Def. hide behind the camera. Isn't that the great thing about digital cameras? You can take a million pics (ok, so as many as your mem card can hold LOL) and delete as many as you like tomorrow. So go ahead, take pics of the rug, the ceiling, the toilet, no one has to know.
Hang in there, I am thinking of you!

Sara, yeah, I am with you, I see both sides. I have stated very clearly and very often that when I die, I want a big party thrown, I want every bit of my body donated for Lyme disease research. But I know that if I died before my mom, she would not be able to handle that at all. Death and grief are difficult :(

Hope that you have a fun day with more time relaxing. A lunch date sounds nice. For you and your hubby, not me and mine. I hope to finish my taxes today and then I want to escape into neverland. LOL

I met with the social worker yesterday, I have a feeling that I will be seeing her on a regular basis. *sigh* We pretty much talked on the surface-- some practical resources on getting assistance for breast cancer patients, everything from help with meds to transportation. Then we talked a bit about treatment, why I have trouble caring for myself. And then the whole -- what has my life been like the last 10 years. Every time I talk about what my family went through, it freaks me out. I am the Queen of Minimizing and Compartmentalizing, so when it all gets laid out, even on a very superficial level, it seems almost surreal. When she said things like, You have been through so much, or You have so much on your plate, my reaction flips between Nah.Its all good to Holy Shit! Life has been pretty rough.

Then came the Rad. Onc appt. The onc nurse was super-sweet, explained everything in detail, how to care for my skin, and then.... bum bah bummmmmm.. side effects. That is the point where Gary just shut down. Most common side effects-- fatigue. Then skin issues, but she said b/c of my skin type-- I don't sunburn, I'll get tan rather then pink/red. Dealable, right? Then came the list of very rare but serious side effects, like cancer, heart/lung issues and loss of feeling in your hand. Again, she said that they are very rare, but she has to report them before I can give consent.

Then comes the dr. Goes over my medical history, describes the two options of treatment- I can either do a 4 week/higher dose or 6 week/lower dose. Amounts of rads would be the same all added up.
We ask some question re: impact on my immune system and lyme (should be none), risk of occurrence w/o rads (20-30%), and absolute "need" for this treatment since my cancer was so small and was al removed (microscopic cells can still be present even if they don't show up on Path. report).
I decide to think about everything over the weekend and call on Monday top let them know.

Get in the car and all hell breaks lose, as I expected. Gary is 100% anti-rads. Thinks it will kill me faster than the cancer. All I can think of is the stat of a 20-30% chance of recurrence. I am 45-- again, I have a LOT of years left to live. I would never forgive myself for not doing everything in my power to prevent it coming back, I want to see my currently non-existent grandkids grow up. So he thinks I am making a horrible wrong choice, I feel like I am making the best choice that I can. Bottom line it is my decision, but that makes him feel like I am not considering how he feels. I truly am, but I don't feel that it is the right one-- for *me.*

Anyway, that is my saga......never a dull moment, eh?

petey111

:-( My heart aches for you dear. Do you have anyone in your Lyme communities that has been through something similar that you can talk to? Had to choose between rad and nonrad that can give you some advice?

*hugs* I love you!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning sweet friends!! My goodness you are all in here early today!!

Eva - Yes I agree with the others it is hard to deal with all the different issues each of us have with the loss of a loved one. It is true that we all mourn in our own way. But I think you are so wonderful for going with the flow and doing this for your mom, sister and niece! I do hope that you get to have some creative scrapping time this morning too, before the difficult evening ahead for you! :hug: you are amazing!!

Sara - Wish we could have a yoga party! I just love my yoga time and I feel so good when I do it, it stretches out all those achy muscles and I think it give you such good posture too! I hope you can find time in your morning to do at least 1/2 an hour of yoga! You will certainly benefit from it, but go at your own pace and don't expect to be as flexible as the instructors on the video. LOL My tagging in Bridge is going very slowly!! Its the first time I have used Bridge in years, I used it when I first started scrapping, but got away from it and then had to figure out my Mac and did not have Bridge for Mac, so now that I do I have a gozzilion things to tag. I think maybe I might be done in roughly 5years :becky:

Chris - Oh my goodness my sweet friend you certainly have a lot going on in your life!! I don't know what to say except that you have to make the right decision for you!! Not for anyone else. I know you will choose wisely, you always do!! I think you are the most amazing strong woman!! I love you!! :love:

Nancy - It was very windy here yesterday too for my walk, but how great to get outside!! Keeping my fingers crossed for your Devils today!! Hubby is beyond happy that his team is the first to clinch a playoff spot!! Also hoping that they keep their winning streak going! Mac and Cheese sounds great! I haven't had that in a long time :hungry:

Ok DH is cooking bacon on the BBQ for me so I better get the rest of the breakfast made, have as good a day as you can have today!! :wave:

tanteva

I'm home. In my jammies with tuned chakras ... now I'm ready to do some scrapping LOL

scrap-genie

Eva, so glad you got through it and back to jammies and scrapping!

Chris, I can't imagine how hard it is to decide what's best for you and not have full support. Just gentle hugs from us all!!

Everyone, hope your weekend is off to a good start!

whatnext

Chris, don't you DARE decide not to get radiation. to hell with what anyone else thinks. this is YOU, and YOU have to do everything you can to keep this from coming back. everything. everything. and radiation is part of it. my sister was 50 when she had her BC surgery. she did what the onc. said, and she is now in her late 60s. choose life.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning O fam- spent yesterday at dance lessons and then went to upgrade hubbies phone and tablet- both overdue- that was a huge time spender. Plus side- we got lots of walking in waiting for them to get the tablet from a nearby (1-2 hr) store. Then got home and realized they never gave him the receipt for his expense report. My cardinal still has her hormones raging. bang bang bang. On the plus side, both male and female were on deck post nearest my window on Friday and I got watch him feed her seeds (beak to beak like kissing) very cool!

petey111

Eva - Glad you made it through ok!

Trudy - How was the BBQ?

Jean - How did the weekend go?

Laurie - Isn't it amazing how long that stuff takes?!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning sweethearts! I have :tea: all ready for you, would you like a cup? Yes? OK, I will brb as I go get another cup for myself. :)

I am back. I keep telling myself that I have to cut back on the caffeine. Much easier said, than done. I guess I need to focus on what will get me through the day, as healthily as possible. I could be taking speed or coke, so I suppose on that scale-- caffeine is wayyy safer! :rofl:

I need to get stuff done today. I did a little bit here. I am almost done with my taxes. Everything is entered, but I want to go over the numbers one more time to make sure that they are correct. Not that it will change anything, refund will still be $0, but I would freak OUT if I ever got audited. Although I think any IRS auditor would take one look at my medical expenses, feel so horrible about that, they would give me a pass.:violin:

I have to get ready to go food shopping tomorrow. Blech!!!!!And I want to go over the radiation therapy paperwork one more time. I spent hours and hours online yesterday and today trying to read and research on all sides of the issue. Unless I find something very radical, I am going to go ahead and get started on it. I have to, for my own sanity.

And I want to scrap-- how many times do you hear me say that and then I just don't get to it. :(

Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing day!

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Sara! Believe it or not, I have found very few people in the lyme forums who have cancer. Not that I don't think that we are out there, but just not that many I guess. My kids' dr's nurse told me that she knows of a couple of lyme/cancer pts whose lyme symptoms improved during rads treatment. Wouldn't that be awesome? :)
*hugs back*
Hey, while I am thinking of it- are you a Walking Dead fan? I just finished the first book of the "Governor Series." its not the most well written book I have read, but I liked reading it for the background of the Gov.

Trudy- the social worker I met with said how great yoga is. And journaling. I really really need to carve out some productive time for myself and try it again. Hope you tagging is going well. I am so far behind with mine in ACDSee. One more thing to add to my to-do list.

Eva- you rock!

Hi Jean! hugs to you too!

Phyllis! There you are! Its so good to see you here (even if it to yell at me :pound: ). how have you been feeling? Hope you are being back to yourself. I was going to PM you yesterday to check in. And then I forgot. What else is new? But I am glad you are here!

Hey Laurie! OMG, about the cardinal. How cool to see them sharing seeds, but how annoying with the banging.

hugs and love to ALL of you!!!

nancyr

Good morning - my hockey team was shut out by our cross river rival - it was a great game though. I ended up with two tickets so I took two young girls one who had never been to a live hockey game before. They are Ranger fans so were so nervous about going to the Devils' arena in the Ranger jerseys. I told them not to worry. I really think the Ranger fans out numbered the Devil fans. They had a great time. Came home to find my son celebrating his birthday and got drunk but at least it was at home so no driving involved. I forgot how stupid he acts when drunk. Glad this does not happen often. Now tonight I have another game this time against Toronto Maple Leafs. My son invited me to dinner at the Dino BBQ so that will be fun. Hopefully I will get some scrapping done.

Chris I have to agree with Phylis do what you have to do so that you do not have to spend time in the future wondering if you did enough.

Laurie dance lessons sound fun but the waiting for the upgrades are the pits.

Eva so glad you made it through your dinner. Hope you had fun scrapping.

Trudy hope all went well.

Have a great day all!