Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, September 22

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GoooooOd morning, dear-ios!
Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes for Caitlyn. I think she had a nice day. She and Tom went apple picking in the morning, then she and Scott picked up the Chinese food together. It is a half-hour away and they enjoy the time in the car. They also picked some up for Sam and Ian and dropped that off. We finished the day with another hysterical episode of What We Do In the Shadows.
I stopped at TJ MAXX to look for one or two more things for her. After I wrapped the few things that I got for her, I realized how pathetic it looked. Some over the knee socks, some rat stickers, and a mask with s crow on it. I found a Halloween tree, with little lights on it- and I knew she wanted one. I also got a pumpkin-scented candle with the gift card Tom gave me for my birthday. Speaking of Tom, he is a *keeper.* I pulled into the driveway after grocery shopping and he came out to help me bring in the bags.

I still haven't heard directly from my friend, but she texted Cait yesterday to ask about babysitting. I am going over anyway, I know where she hides the key. I know for sure she wouldn't fire me, she most likely got my texts while she was at work, thought she would reply later, and then forgot. (At least I hope so!) Worst case scenario, she will have a clean house and I am out some cash. LOL!!

After that, I need to start making the cards for all of the birthdays. I need to do four of them and sadly, the creative part of my brain is not feeling it.

Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! @tanteva that little rattie is so cute with the hat!
BTW-Gary invited Braxton and a friend to dinner, so maybe not a rat in a hat, but skeletons in hats count?
20210921_172731.jpg
Glad that your hypochondria is better- mine is too. My eyes are itching like mad so I am 99.9999999% convinced that it is allergies and not covid :p
Congrats on the new tablet. I have an old Samsung that I "inherited" from Gary's uncle who passed away 2 years ago. I pretty much only use it to read books.s BTW- I started book two in the Swedish Trilogy last night, thanks again for the rec! I hope that it works perfectly for you!
Sooooooo... is that Pickled cucumber/lingonberry jam as in one jam or are they separate foods? Please say they are different foods.

BTW - does everyone in NJ sound like Fran Drescher in The Nanny? We're watching The Sopranos and Tony's wife sounds a bit like her.

THANK GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha!!!:p

I admit, I say cawfee and tawk, and dawg. (coffee/talk/dog) But I don't know anyone who speaks like Nanny Fran or many of the other Jersey accents in movies. @nancyr How about you?

@taxed4ever I am so sorry for your loss. That is chillingly too young to have a heart attack. Good luck finding your friend's address.
The free postage in October is an amazing promotion and I hope you can get stuff together to shop out soon. I read a news article this morning that supply chains are still going to be messed up for the holidays so buy/ship early.
How is Hunter today? Better?
I read that the election was a "snap election?" How does that work? We don't have anything like that here.

@bcgal00 Hope you had a wonderful time with the dogs!

@Cherylndesigns It was warmer in NJ than by you! We got to 73* Enjoy your fall weather. I am still wanting it to stay warm as long as possible
Fantastic news about your should and you know what I am going to say next-- don't push yourself!

@felis that was so sweet of you to let the woman go before you at the post office. I am sure she appreciated it. I try to smile and really crinkle up my eyes when I am wearing a mask in the stores, crow's feet and wrinkles be damned. LOL
I think that we read a lot more body language when we are wearing masks too and you are kind to think about that.
How fun to play outside with the "kids."
The book is The Circle by Sara B. Elfgren, Mats Strandberg, the second book is Fire.

@nancyr Oh my goodness, that is soooo exciting about the wedding invites! Have you decided on what color or dress style for you? Are they doing a "traditional" wedding with a full bridal party or something smaller? Either way is wonderful news!
So sorry to hear that your Dr is retiring.
I see you agree with me about Fran :D How do you say drawer and coffee? I saw drawer- draw. And crayon is crayn
But nothing like Fran! hahah!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all... a happy/sad day...DD#1 and hubby left for the airport about an hour ago. We had such a wonderful visit - even though it was shorter than I would have liked. DD#1 and I made a trip cross town yesterday so she could visit her favorite sewing store and catch up with friends there. I dropped her off and drove a couple blocks away to Burlington to look for a new purse. The Burlington near my house is moving across the street so didn't have much and to my surprise, the Burlington across town is remodeling so their stock was also down. BUT... I did find a purse there. It is made of a lightweight durable fabric with some outside pockets and a cross-body strap. My sister had one similar to it so know it will hold up well.

Yesterday afternoon, Son-in-law#1 got his son to come over and help move the large Barbeque grill from my back patio to grandson's place. It hasn't been used since DH became ill. I was glad to give it to grandson as his grill was old and needed to be replaced. They used my SUV to transport it.

Chris, sounds like Cait had a delightful birthday. Was LOL over Braxton and his friend dressed up for the party. Your family sure knows how to have fun and celebrate. Glad that your friend had texted Cait so you know she is probably okay.

Cheryl... I echo Chris's words... glad your shoulder is improving but don't over-do. Had to LOL over the Croc jewelry! What a hoot!!!

Trudy, so sorry to hear about the friend who died of a heart attack at 56... Way too young! Wow... hope they do offer free postage/shipping in Oct. We don't have that here in the US. Great way to encourage you to get Christmas shopping done early and presents on the way.

Eva, so sorry that Urban caught your cold. Hope you are over yours and have enough energy to tend him as he suffers through his.

Am off to try to get caught up on some other chores I let slide while the kids were here. Then need to try to get some scrapping done before the weekend.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I literally have 3 mins to say hello and then get out the door for my hike. It is a long drive to get to it but it will be good to be out in Nature this morning! I just wanted to pop in and say hey to all of you! I did find the address that I was looking for and will get the card out in the mail on my way home from the hike today. Need to stop at the store and grab some milk for DH and some zucchini for myself. I hope you all have a wonderful day, catch up with you tomorrow!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hello everyone!!! This week is whacky for me for some reason..... anybody hand make their Christmas cards? I feel I should probably get started...

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
10.30 pm & we just got home from a long Day. Super tired & I got work tomorrow. Mårten (cat) hasn't been eating for a couple of days & vomiting. Called vet after vet and everybody was fully booked. We ended up having to drive to a clinic in the next county, 4 hr drive one way! They did x-Ray & ultrasound, found nothing serious. Not totally sure what's the matter with him, but he was a bit sore around the bladder area, when the vet was examening him. Suspected some kind of infection or inflammation in the urin whatever (not sure what the english word is & too tired to bother look it up lol)

We're home now, but Mario is still at the clinic. He is getting fluid & nourishment + they will run some tests. Hopefully Urban will be able to pick him up tomorrow (yes, another 8 hrs in the car). I'm working so I will not tag along tomorrow.

Now I need to sleep. Been a crappy week when it comes to sleeping. See you all tomorrow night. No personals today, but I love you all!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello lovelies.

Quick in and out today. I'm really tired today and just got up from a nap. Very rare for me. Chris, @faerywings I knew the "gang" would be invited to the party. . Does the one standing up have on a tutu??? She(?) is really getting down. I love your skeletons. (Hahaha BTW I decided to name my cowboy Tex. Not terribly original, but that's his name. Oh, I love Braxton's wife beater. ROTFLMAO

Esther @mywisecrafts NO I don't handmake Christmas cards. I used to make a few but now I don't handmake any of them. I used to handmake all of my cards, but that went by the wayside. Good luck, though.

Kay @BrightEyes sorry your family had to leave, but it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad you got a kick out of my Croc jewelry. Haha

Trudy @taxed4ever enjoy your zucchini.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Eva @tanteva we cross posted. I'm sorry to hear about Marten. Wow, 4 hours one way. UGH That's worst than here - most everything is an hour away. Hope your sweet kitty is feeling better.

Hugs and get some sleep.

nancyr

good evening today was really warm and humid for the first day of fall. Luther just looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if he wanted to walk. But my hockey team reported for training camp today! Excited. My player Travis Zajac is the last of the core of players from 2012 Stanley Cup Final and so now it is like a new youth movement. I am still watching the show set in Australia and I will never stream a show with 224 episodes. The show is just like a soap opera. That is probably why I like it so much. So much is predictable but that is why I love it. Got 2 loads of laundry done so that makes me happy.

@faerywings Chris the birthday party guests were so awesome! As others have said you know how to party!

@tanteva I would drive that far for Luther or our cat Shadow. I am glad the vet does not think it too serious. Hope he gets well fast.

Kay how nice to have had the visit but sorry that it could not be longer. You are a great granny to give the BBQ away. I sure it will get used.

@taxed4ever Trudy hope the hike was awesome!

@Cherylndesigns and @mywisecrafts waving hi. Amazing how life moves fast!