Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, October 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Before I say anything else, I am cheering for myself!!!! [cheer smilie] I logged into My Chart to see if my mammo results were posted and yeah babeeeee, they are and I am all good! No difference in the past years' scans. This was the first year I had a regular screening mammo and no ultrasound and that is what I will be doing going forward. I am still considered "at-risk" but I think that risk has to be getting lower the farther out I am since I was diagnosed in 2014. That *is* how it works, right? *wink* I have no idea honestly, but it sounds like it should be that way. That is what I am going with. :)

Whew!

When I got home my mom called and that took up a lot of time. She and my dad are back to bickering non-stop again. My dad is in a lot of pain and doesn't sleep which makes him super cranky. She doesn't help the matter when she nags at him. When I suggest as gently as possible that she should stop, she thinks I am turning against her. She gets mad at him for going up and down the stairs (His computer is downstairs)- and she doesn't understand that when she tells him not to, of course, he is going to do it anyway! And who is he hurting --only himself. *pounds head on desk* In my non-professional opinion, they are both struggling with their lack of independence/ability to do things they previously enjoyed and I think that is scary for them. Understandably.

Cait and Tom had the day off from school and work and they went pumpkin picking and then to the vegan restaurant by my parents' house. They stopped in afterward to visit and sent me a really nice picture of the four of them :) As of 6 pm last night my parents hadn't killed each other so that is a good sign. ha!

Food shopping is first up today and the weather is going to be nice, not sure if there is much work to be done outside, Maybe I should clean out my car. I guess I will have to see how I feel after the grocery store :D

Love to all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- How did you sleep last night? I have been in that same loop, waking at 4-4.30 and not being able to get back into a deep sleep. The full moon must have woken you up a bit too. Your dream was weird!
Enjoy the weather even if it is making you sneeze. I have the problem here as well as wanting to tear my eyes out from the itching

@tanteva I told Scott what you wrote about Rita and Patches and he suggests that you think of his pets having an average of four legs. Does that help? *G*
Are you feeling any better today, get any meditating done? Hope so!

@tjscraps good luck with your new municipal board
haha!!! Oh yes, kids can be *fun.* I don't miss those days of trekking all over.
When I was in HS, I loved the names Scott and Caitlyn and was determined to have two kids, boy and girl, and use those names. When Gary and I talked about having kids pre-wedding, I told him that I came with those names and take it or leave it. PG #1- a boy. PG#2-- I didn't know what I was having and when I had pre-term labor, I was crying to the L&D nurse that I couldn't have the baby, we didn't have a name if it was a boy. We have never considered another name. (I say "we" but it was all me. LOL) This is 1998 and you know what the #1 popular name was? Caitlyn/Kaitlyn. I named her that anyway even if in the 1980s it wasn't as common but now they are everywhere :D Personally, I think it is a beautiful name and I am glad we named her that

Sorry for the long-winded tangent, I have a tendency to do that!
I can talk about rats instead?
Rats are much more social and intelligent than hamsters and gerbils which is why it seems strange to me that those are the "preferred" small mammal pets. I know people don't like their tails but their tails are actually extremely important to how they balance and climb.

@taxed4ever OMG!!!!!!!!! Those cards are the cutest!!!!!! The boys will adore them!!! Are they pop-ups or do they have to build them? So freaking CUTE!!!
Happy b-day to your DIL! It was my SIL's b-day yesterday too. Still need to get her a gift! I shouldn't have to pay for the shingles vax. I hope not, but I should get it anyway. Everyone who has had shingles says how painful it is.
How is the weather, will you be able to get out on your hike? If it is wet, be careful on the slippery rocks.

@tanteva BTDT with honey and tofu! Good for you for getting dinner cooked in spite of burning the tofu.
Wish I could help you through the sugar withdrawal but I am not good with that either. I was determined to not have any snack after dinner but Gary was getting ice cream and I ended up caving :(
LOL at that photo!

@Cherylndesigns Yes, you speak fluent sarcasm as well. LOL!
Tex needs a gun, have you hit any dollars stores, they would have to have some in the toy section that would be small enough. And if not, -- he is from Texas, *everything* is bigger in TX!
poor Andrienne, I would be heartbroken too. Hope that you can get a booster and then fly to see Steph at some point
Do you have a recheck of your shoulder this week or next?

@felis I guess now that I am 53, it is time for me to be more responsible haha Although yesterday I couldn't remember how old I was currently nor how old I was when I was first diagnosed with cancer- I was trying to do the math in my head, then on the paper and gave up. They have my records. They know. LOL
Were you able to get the flowers ready for winter? I hope so!

time for me to start my day xoxo

felis

Help! I need feedback! I'm desperate and think I messed up this pattern :confused:, because I'm using bulky weight yarn.

Is that looks to you, like a Christmas tree or is more like part of Hulk's body that should be censored?
20211020_1.jpg20211020_2.jpg

Will get back later for regular post, excuse me, I'm on a rush today!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Help! I need feedback! I'm desperate and think I messed up this pattern :confused:, because I'm using bulky weight yarn.

Is that looks to you, like a Christmas tree or is more like part of Hulk's body that should be censored?
Everything crocheted looks like body parts to begin with. LOL

When you add a star on top and maybe some kind of tinsel or other decorations, it will be perfect.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm not feeling much better today. Sad, but true. Work tomorrow, and I think I'm a bit worried about that. Sucks really, cuz I love the work & all my work mates (with that one exception of course), and I really really really would like to keep working there. But feeling the tingling of my anxiety is not a good sign.

On Friday though, happy things: I'm going in to Mora again - to "fika" with my friend Anna. I cannot wait. I love sitting down & talking to her. Usually we are 3, but one of us (Julia) is currently living in Stockholm (studying), so this time it will be just Anna and me.

You do know about "fika", right?

https://www.swedishfood.com/fika

Giggling a bit over the sentence "Many Swedes consider that it is almost essential to make time for fika every day." I'd say it's essential to "fika" at least twice a day!!! LOL And also I must add: you don't always eat cake when you "fika". You could just have a "slät kopp" (flat cup), i.e. just coffee. The important thing is to sit down and chat. At work places this is usually a 30 minute break. But when Anna, Julia & I meet ... we tend to sit for 2-3 hrs.

nancyr

good morning - It seems like I am always sorry for being so absent. I have been dealing with plumbing problems. I called for my furnace to be checked out and of course it was rusted and I need a new one. OMgosh it costs a fortune but I need heat. Of course it always seems to take longer than they plan especially in an old house. Of course the home opener of the NJ Devils was on the same day they were to finish. I was going to take the train but they worked so late that I missed the train. Luckily my son came and drove me to the arena and then rode home with my hubby. So that meant that I had no heat and was so cold on Sun. They came on Monday and finished up. But of course that just as the house was finally getting warm the heat stopped. One of the new pipes was leaking and all the water was gone. So again no heat. I of course did not realize until after the office closed. Left a message. I figured that I had been so long with no heat that I could manage one more night. They fixed it and now I have heat but of course now the weather has turned warm and the temps for the next few days with be in the 70s. But besides the heat they put in new comfort high toilets and fixed faucets. It is like having new bathrooms. So happy. And of course hockey has started and my Devils are undefeated. Yes they have not played the best teams in the league but still they are defeating the teams they should. First game was won in OT and OMgosh so exciting. I have been lucky that some of my son's friends have given me a ride. It is so funny me and 5 men. And they are so sweet they let me ride in the front seat. We all talk hockey. The Devils are trying to do the right thing in that you have to be vaccinated to attend. My DH said they have not asked to his card but they have for me. I am happy, I wear my mask. But riding on the train is crazy. It is mandatory to wear masks on the train and to not eat or drink. But of course after a hockey game not sure drunk fans can do that. So there was a confrontation between a mom yelling at a non mask wearing person. Then a man stands up and screams go sit down. Then the train has a problem so we sit for about 20 mins until they get it solved. Wow being back among people again is so weird. I have been reading a lot of books. Just fun books nothing hard just a way to escape. I finally finished Ted Lasso. I really like this show. I cant wait for the next season. I started watching a show called In the Dark. I watched the first 2 season and now season 3 is out and OMgosh it makes me so nervous. I just want happy. LOL. I am trying to get back into scrapping. I am still taking photos so that is good.

@faerywings Chris congrats on the mamo results! That is awesome! Sorry your parents are bickering. And yes they probably do need to find outlets. It is hard to feel you cant do stuff you used to and to ask for help. So hard. My mom got so mad at me when we put her in an assisted living center. While it was the correct choice it was so hard.

Kay sorry you are not sleeping so well. I sneeze every time I am out on a walk.

@taxed4ever Trudy the cards are adorable. You are really creative.

@tanteva Eva I am not sure in the American workspace that taking time is looked on favorably which is so sad. Enjoy that down time.

@felis felis I agree a star is needed. very impressed.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I hope you get the booster. I even had NJ Health call me and tell me I was eligible for the booster and if they wanted them to find a spot. I was glad I was able to tell them I got it already. She was surprised.

Waving to all.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Guess my body decided I need more rest... I slept in until after 9 AM this morning! Still trying to get woke up and get the brain cells working. Definitely going to be a 2 or 3 cups of coffee morning. LOL I didn't get all the errands done yesterday - just ran out of steam. Stopped at $Store but they were out of fall stuff. Did the WM run and got my flavored creamer and picked up a throw rug to go under the computer desk - chair area. Turned out to be too small and the color wasn't right... so will have to take it back for a refund. By the time I made it to Post Office and then to the library to drop off books, I was ready to call it quits. Didn't even check-out any library books. Never made it to the grocery store so that is still on my to-do list. The good news is the wind has died down alot so not sneezing so far this morning.

Chris, so glad that your mammo results were good. So sorry your parents are bickering again... it is hard when they are not able to do some of the things they used to be able to do.

Nancy, glad to see you popping in again . Wow, you have had quite a time with the repairs/replacement of heater, etc. Hope all is finished and you are set for the coming cold weather.

Trudy, loved the cards... you are so talented. Saw the photo of the bush and it definitely was over-grown. Hope it survives the cutback.

Cheryl, are you still wearing your brace??? Hope you get good news when you see the doc and can leave it off. <<< hugs >>>

Eva, how neat that you can take a coffee break with a friend. That should boost your spirits alot.

Yikes... just remembered I had not turned the heat up yet... it is too cool in the house to hop into the shower. Need to reset the timing on the heater controls for winter... if I can find the instructions on how to do it.
Hope you all have a good day.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I've been busy (ha ha...when am I not lol) but in a good way. I am happy with my work schedule, my time with the dogs, have been scrapping a lot and in the evening I binge a few shows with Darrell and play with the dogs in the living room at the same time. I'm sleeping better than I have in a long time, not thru the night of course b/c that'll never happen but at least I wake less frequently and always fall back asleep within a few minutes. Maybe its the softly snoring muzzle snuggled up by my head (of course that is Remi lol), she lulls me to sleep.

I'm guesting at a scrap site that was one of the first I ever bought from many yrs ago which is fun. It challenges me to scrap a little differently than I have been doing for awhile (less clusters and layers which I tend to get carried away with sometimes). Do you find your scrap style has changed over the years? Mine has a bit. My pages are much busier than they used to be and I work with patterned paper a lot more than I used to. I still like to cluster and love brushes/masks/stamps, that will never change.

We're getting lots of rain now which makes me sad, I don't think I'll be getting many fall photos this year. There hasn't been a lot to photograph yet and with all the rain we're getting I think its going to become a big soggy mess soon.

@faerywings Congrats on the mammo results. Love to hear your good news. Are you guys putting up your Halloween display this year? So far our neighborhood is quiet, only one house has started putting out decorations.
@nancyr Ugh...plumbing problems. We've had to get our furnace serviced this year and it cost a fortune so I can relate..
@BrightEyes 9 am sleep in...I wish LOL.
@felis I agree, decorate a bit and you'll get the look you want.
@tanteva sorry you are not feeling well.

I'm getting to work now (Remi is napping beside my chair so I need to take advantage of that) b/c she'll soon be up and bugging me to play and go outside. Have a great day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all.

Chris, @faerywings great news about your mamo! No guns yet - they'll have to be tiny. I do need to go to the 2 Dollar Tree and look, but they'd have to be tiny. Did you get that? It's not The Dollar Tree anymore, you know. :(

I got great news FIRST thing this morning! Steph and Asher are COMING HERE for Christmas!!! They're coming from the 22nd to the 29th!! Her ex is paying for their round trip airfare for a Christmas gift!! We're all over the moon! I told you all that Alliegient Air just added a non-stop flight from Punta Gorda to XNA (Arkansas - an hour's drive). Punta Gorda is about 45 minutes from Ft. Myers. It has just opened up MAJOR possibilities for us!!

Kay @BrightEyes I'm still wearing my brace. I start out in the morning and don't need it, then as the day goes on, I just feel more support with it on. Especially if I'm going to be typing very much. I go back on the 27th and they'll X-Ray it again. The dr said that they'd probably turn me loose after that. I'm not sure if they'll send me to PT or not. Glad you're feeling a bit better. You reminded me that I need a throw rug for under my chair. My wood floor is very slick and I don't want to "miss my chair" again. That's how I broke my clavicle.

Nancy @nancyr so, did you have ANY reaction to your booster? I got so sick after my second shot that I'm not looking forward to getting it.

Well, I haven't done anything (productive) yet, so I think I'll make my bed. Oh wait - I can't wake the cat up. He's curled up in the quilt snoozing away. Haha

Waving to all.

felis

Everything crocheted looks like body parts to begin with. LOL

When you add a star on top and maybe some kind of tinsel or other decorations, it will be perfect.
Eva, you are genius. I have small beads and think this will make the tic! The star was planned.;)

felis

Me again and I didn't fall in hysteria (not for long)! I love the idea for decoration and have to make some from small beads I have, but for that definitely needs the day light. Or I have another, more practical idea, as this is Pinaceae and don't mind needles, it can be decorated with colored pins and to be used for pincushion. Actually I had to go back and redo some rows that was misunderstood, so when I finished it and stuffed it's looks more like green cake, than alien dildo. Definitely will can use it as a gift. As it's supposed to be part of my sister and BIL's gift, it has gone so wrong, and I didn't think that will be useful! Will share some pictures later, as it's too early at the morning and my phone camera needs way more light.

Chris, congratulation for the good scan results! That's was what I mean with my thumbs up. Definitely I'm not some psycho enjoying to your parents' marriage problems :confused:! But I was in rush and the good results are something to celebrate, I think.
I guess now that I am 53, it is time for me to be more responsible
Nah, that don't sounds logical to me, I'm just getting better in procrastination and excuses with the years.

Eva, sending hugs to you, girl! I had not heard about fika, but sounds as lots of fun, enjoy it!

Oh, Nancy, it's so awful to have to stay at cold house. Is that mean that you have only one source of heat?

Rae, I'm so happy to hear that things are all good for you! And how exciting to post on more places and meet new people or renewed friendships!
I'm afraid that my scraping style is not evolved much, and I'm feeling more and more like I'm stuck to 2-3 composition, almost as if I'm constantly using some invisible template.

Cheryl, OMG, this is the best news, family Christmas is a dream, I'm so happy for you!
:D:cool:Sam become the boss so quickly, but I totally understand you, it's heartless to wake up sleeping cat!

:) The little one was our big surprise (8 years between my girls) but she is a hoot and keeps us entertained. We would be so bored without her antics!
oh, that's a difference indeed, are they close or more competitive?

tjscraps

oh, that's a difference indeed, are they close or more competitive?
They fight like they're less than a year apart lol At least they don't fight over toys and such (more so just over snacks!!). The big one babysits her sister after school for an hour until I get home and today didn't pay much attention to her, and the little one ended up finding my self-inking return address stamp and going to town on herself. Forehead, hands, back, her sheets, her stuffies .... everything is covered in black ink. Just as I got that cleaned up while she was in the bath I went to finish off her bath (hair, etc) and saw she had got water literally everywhere in the bathroom. Even the ceiling. Some days I wonder if I will be sane once she grows up.

690EEEE2-4E44-42D7-B549-23D40B3E00A3.jpeg

I'm sorry I didn't have time to chat much today or reply - I like hearing about all you guys' little bits of life though :) Tomorrow the full moon will be over and my life should return to a lot more normal (it seems to make my children crazy, and work crazy too).

felis

I'm so happy, today it's turned so well.
Thank you again to Eva for the idea, and to others that supported it! It works just perfectly! I even left black thread to looks like the traditional Christmas lights cables. :p Just have to make the star on top.

20211021_2.jpg20211021_1.jpg
I don't think that it's visible on the photo, but actually have layers. 20211021_3.jpg
And I already have one for us and one for them. 20211021_5.jpg

Now have to go on making the personal accessories and to shop some scents or candle. At least I can say that I'm started the gifts.

scrap-genie

I'm so happy, today it's turned so well.
Thank you again to Eva for the idea, and to others that supported it! It works just perfectly! I even left black thread to looks like the traditional Christmas lights cables. :p Just have to make the star on top.

View attachment 360098View attachment 360097
I don't think that it's visible on the photo, but actually have layers. View attachment 360099
And I already have one for us and one for them. View attachment 360100

Now have to go on making the personal accessories and to shop some scents or candle. At least I can say that I'm started the gifts.
They're adorable!