Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, May 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, Lovely O-Fam! I am trying to be sunny since it looks like Mother Nature isn't cooperating.
The weather better change soon. From the looks of the forecast for the next 2 weeks, we are going to be cloudy/rainy and only in the 60s. That isn't very nice and May-like. On the bright side, maybe it will mean that my poison ivy will be gone before I get back out there and get more of it. *eye roll* At the rate it is going, it is unlikely since I am still getting some new blisters here and there.

The good news is that I am blond again! It doesn't look like it so much in the photo but it is.
20210504_122417.jpg
And I survived the 2 hours at the salon. The woman I go to has horses and a dog so that is always a decent/easy topic to chat about.

Gary just shouted over to me that today is 6 years since we got J! Time is so weird, feels much longer and much shorter than that at the same time.
No much excitement here today. I am off to pick up groceries and then I *have* to work on so many loose ends in my life. I am so tired of having messes everywhere. Today is my nephew's birthday - he turns 21. That is craziness. I haven't finished his card yet but he is still at school so I am bringing it with me when I see him on the 15th for my niece's grad "party." It is almost done but not quite.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva That is fantastic news about getting your shot today!!! Good luck! It is amazing to me that a nurse contacted you to get the appt. The hoops I had to run through trying to get ones for the 4 of us were pretty wild.
I saw your additions to the Vegetarian Recipe Thread and I am hoping that I can start trying out some new dishes soon. TFS!

Kay- the weather that we are both having is the pits! But when Eva says it was snowing, then I am going to breathe a sigh of relief that at least we don't have *that!*

@Cherylndesigns whew, good news that Chuck is feeling better. The pasta sounded yummy! Hope that the rains stop soon too.
And I scrolled all the way down and I see there were no further cat updates-- I will have to check in later and see if you have Sam!

*waving hi to everyone- we miss you!*

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Vaccinated!!!!

Turns out we were in phase 3 instead of phase 4 like we thought, because we're eating medicine for high blood pressure. Here in Sweden the vaccinationis being given in 4 phases. Roughly these are 1st are people living and working at homes for the elderly, 2nd are all elderly people in order of age down to 70 yo + selected risk groups, 3rd 69-60 yo + selected risk groups (in which aparently blood pressure is one), and 4th everyone else 18-59 yo.

Now we're sitting here waiting for the side effects to kick in ... hopefully not.

Will be celebrating at dinner with pizza. Bought a kit (dough + sauce) and will make it with mushrooms, onion, zucchini, chili, bell pepper and maybe olives.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello you lovelies,

@faerywings Chris - your hair looks amazing!!! It's so curly! It looks like it's as curly as mine! The day I went to the salon, she blew mine out straight. Was I wrong about how good it felt to be pampered??? I didn't want to go either, but it felt so good! We DID get Sam!! I didn't get back on here after we got home. We didn't meet the lady at the Humane Society until 5:30, then we didn't leave there until about 6:45. She gave us a litter box, litter, food, even a scooper and kitty treats. We tried to pay her and she said they were all donated. She even loaned us a small crate to bring him home in.

Daisy LOVES him - I knew she would. Sam doesn't love Daisy - but I think she will. He's never been around a dog. He's very social until Daisy gets in his face and then he smacks her and she backs off. I keep telling Daisy that she's going to get smacked, but she just keeps getting in his face again. He's under my bed now. Last night, I had both of them in my office with me and they semi-settled down. I took these pictures of "King Sam" laying right in the middle of the bed. The family came over last night to meet Sam and of course, he ran and hid.

So, Lila's here today and we were all in the bathroom and Mr. Sam came sauntering in. Me, 2 dogs and a cat in there. ROTF I told them that room wasn't big enough for all 4 of us.

sam2.jpgsam.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@tanteva Eva - YAY for getting your vaccine, even if it's not the phases you expected! At least you're on the way! I'm sending you good feeling/no side effect vibes! SO happy for you!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Time got away from me today. Had plans on posting before noon but I just finished supper! I had called a dear friend yesterday and left a voice mail as she wasn't home. She called me back this morning and we chatted for well over an hour getting caught up on each's lives. Haven't talk to her in almost a year so we had plenty to get caught up on. So glad I took the time to call her and that she returned the call.

When I took the recycles out to the bin on the side of the house after that call, I saw that the weed killer didn't seem to be doing the job. So with gloves on and a bag in hand, I started pulling weeds from the front yard. At one point I had to get down on my knees to pull up a dead clump... then realized that I wasn't sure how I was going to get back up! ! ! ! Realized that the legs/knees were trembling and too weak to push my body up without some type of support. Managed to crawl (on small-rocks covered ground) to a tree and get myself back up to my feet. That was the end of my weed pulling. Was only out there for about 20 minutes but was a bit breathless and slightly dizzy so called it quits. Checked my blood pressure and Oxygen level and they were normal. Ended up resting most of the afternoon so won't be working in the yard any more. Guess it definitely time to hire someone to take care of the yard from now on. I had talked to a couple of yard maintance services last year but they said there was not enough to be done so they weren't interested in the job. Will talk to our neighborhood coordinator and see if they know of someone - maybe a teenager - who would be willing to do it 3-4 times a year for me.

Hey, Chris... I just finished reading the 6 library books!!! 2 more of my "on hold" requests are being processed and should be ready for pickup tomorrow or Friday. In the meantime, I am reading some of the Troubleshooters books by Suzanne Brockmann.

Cheryl, Sam is adorable. Had a feeling that you wouldn't be able to resist once you saw her.

The steam has run out of the body - so going to head for bed to read and rest. CYL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Time got away from me today. Had plans on posting before noon but I just finished supper! I had called a dear friend yesterday and left a voice mail as she wasn't home. She called me back this morning and we chatted for well over an hour getting caught up on each's lives. Haven't talk to her in almost a year so we had plenty to get caught up on. So glad I took the time to call her and that she returned the call.

When I took the recycles out to the bin on the side of the house after that call, I saw that the weed killer didn't seem to be doing the job. So with gloves on and a bag in hand, I started pulling weeds from the front yard. At one point I had to get down on my knees to pull up a dead clump... then realized that I wasn't sure how I was going to get back up! ! ! ! Realized that the legs/knees were trembling and too weak to push my body up without some type of support. Managed to crawl (on small-rocks covered ground) to a tree and get myself back up to my feet. That was the end of my weed pulling. Was only out there for about 20 minutes but was a bit breathless and slightly dizzy so called it quits. Checked my blood pressure and Oxygen level and they were normal. Ended up resting most of the afternoon so won't be working in the yard any more. Guess it definitely time to hire someone to take care of the yard from now on. I had talked to a couple of yard maintance services last year but they said there was not enough to be done so they weren't interested in the job. Will talk to our neighborhood coordinator and see if they know of someone - maybe a teenager - who would be willing to do it 3-4 times a year for me.

Hey, Chris... I just finished reading the 6 library books!!! 2 more of my "on hold" requests are being processed and should be ready for pickup tomorrow or Friday. In the meantime, I am reading some of the Troubleshooters books by Suzanne Brockmann.

Cheryl, Sam is adorable. Had a feeling that you wouldn't be able to resist once you saw her.

The steam has run out of the body - so going to head for bed to read and rest. CYL
Thanks so much, Kay! Sorry you had a bad spell today. Hope you're feeling better by now.