Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, July 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Is today some important day? I feel like it is... something is history? I guess not.

No wait, I think I got it!! Is today Bastille day?? If it is, congrats to France for kicking some aristocratic butt :p

Another humid and soggy day here. Seriously, this is too much. I think I gained 20 lbs just in moisture. Fun fact: Did you know that your bones are 30% water? We were chatting about the percentage of water in our bodies at dinner and lungs are about 80% water and bones are 30%. That surprised us. Speaking of water content, we are growing Bathub Gator, aka Tubs. We filled up a tub of water and dropped him in last night. I just checked on him, he is still the same size but his tail curled up.

The eye dr I saw yesterday was old-school! The place I have been going had all of the fancy machines to measure the shape of your eyes, he did a great job without them. And the best news is my insurance gives me a $100 allowance every 2 years for contacts! It isn't a lot, but I will take it. The truly "best" news is that my Rx hasn't changed so he was able to reorder the ones I am wearing and I don't have to get new glasses. He said that my astigmatism is a little different but not enough to warrant a new Rx/pair of glasses. Yahoo!

Scott had a friend over for dinner and they were so excited that it made me so darn happy. (Their pronouns are they/them so I am not being ungrammatical ). All I made was hash browns, waffles, and eggs and they said it was the first time in ages they had dinner with a family in a long time. I had to thank them because my family is rarely very excited about what I cook.

I have to go food shopping this morning and I really hope to be able to scrap a bit this afternoon. I am still copying stuff over to the new HD and then deleting it folder by folder. I am so glad that I double-checked before I started deleting because my Oscraps folded only copied two designers. That would have been a nightmare.

Wishing everyone a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Any cooler today? Brain working at all? Hang in there!
I hear ya about not making plans, even though we are vax'ed I am a bit nervous that things are going to be bad here by the time we are going down the shore in Sept. I guess at the least, you can go walk and visit with the baby cows again?
Cancer sucks. :( I hope that you are on top of all of your screenings. xo
Wow, I feel stressed just reading about how hard it must have been when Urban was sick, no wonder you gained some of that back. But you got this!!

@scrap-genie That is awesome that DH has a new H&S member. The more the merrier! Part of our redneck party is a jug band and we are making some "banjos" out of cereal boxes and runner bands. Think your DH would like us to join him? ROTF!!!

@felis I also understand that chaotic feeling, I keep wondering if it is just me that feels a constant underlying sense of unease. Probably not.
You are really lucky to have a good, kind eye dr. The last one I saw was adorable, she loved talking about eyes. But this one takes my insurance. He was very nice too but I have had some that would get aggravated when I couldn't tell which option was better than the other.
Glad to hear that Florian is ok!
I will have to go and check out IG soon. I skimmed the new post about where to buy yarn and make substitutions. A lot of the yarn I was given last winter is old/discontinued or didn't have a label.

Hugs to you all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Still hot as that place downstairs. But I just heard what sounded like thunder. Maybe somewhere on the other side of the lake. I'd love for it to pop by for just a couple of minutes and suck all that thick, heavy air away. I saw the forecast yesterday, and it was going to be some rain & thunder today, but they thought it would be further up north. Then it will be this hot for the rest of the week.

Brain is somewhat working. I've been scrapping today, made 3 layouts so far. Only posted one ... I'm stashing them up so I have some stuff to post when I'm too busy to scrap the next couple of weeks. I have this rule for myself - every kit I get, I have to make 2 layouts with them, before I move them to the designers own folder on the EHD. Then I can always go back and use them again, but 2 LOs/kit is my personal rule. So ... been doing some of those.

I really love to mix designers. I find it superhard to use only one kit! Everytime I try and use only one kit ... I remember "that frame" or "that element" from another kit ... or another designer ... that will be a PERFECT match.

Oh, it's getting a bit darker outside. Sky is still blue as far as I can see, but I think the thunder is getting closer. Time to turn off all electrics. Good thing I have books to keep me occupied. It's scary really how much we depend on out computers and internet!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out this AM. Heading to get the mammo done then the library, Post Office, Book store, Senior Citizen Center, the credit union, the veggie market... and if it is not raining by then, will stop at grocery store. It is already hot and muggy with lots of smoke in the air. Old Auther - ritis is in full swing in hands, feet and knees the past couple of days due to the higher humidity. Makes me glad I live in a semi-arid climate so he doesn't visit me that often.

Eva, I am a big fan of Karen Rose, too. Will be watching her new book. My local library only has about half of her books but I have managed to find several at the book sales. Know I have been on CTs for a long time as I usually only scrap with 1 kit at a time. Of course, I love to mix up the Fab Friday kits and use several of them together.

Chris, glad you like the new eye doctor and turns out no change to your Rx on the glasses. DD#1 told me I will have to come to AZ next spring to have Charlie do my eye exam. He has been doing them for me for the past 15+ years. Sounds like plans for the Redneck Party are moving right along. LOL over the cereal box/rubber bands banjos. I remember when my kids made those.

Time to run. Have a good day.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@tanteva @BrightEyes
Gonna have to check out this author, Karen Rose. I hardly ever read anything anymore. I listen to audiobooks on apps associated with my library. I listen while doing no-brainer-type chores, like dishes and laundry, lol! I am even listening to a daily audio bible reading this year!

Not much going on here. The weather is hot and humid! Haven't seen much rain, which we need! I'm in need of groceries, but don't even want to leave the house, lol! But my daughter and grands are coming for the weekend, so I must! :cool:

Have a great day everyone!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Thunder came & went ... still hot. But now I turned on the puter and internet ... can you believe it ... I hear thunder far away again. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I have a busy day of work and tax papers to get ready to send off so that will take up the bulk of my day aside from playing/training with Remi. I'll facetime with B before dinner and then more playtime with Remi. I have about 80 pages of my book to finish up too before its due back to the digi library by tomorrow afternoon (Awakening by Nora Roberts). The day is going to fly by. I need groceries too but don't know if I'll have time to get to the store today but tomorrow for sure.

@faerywings Glad your RX hadn't changed. I know mine has and I'm due to an eye check and new glasses this summer. Yes, we did order the phones so they should be coming in the next wk or so.

I'm getting more coffee and getting to work while Remi is resting (which doesn't last long LOL). Have a great day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all. I'm just playing catch-up. On "housekeeping" - computer stuff. UGH now I have a headache.

Chris, @faerywings glad your eye dr appt went well. Yay on the help with the cost! That doesn't happen often on eyes. You were talking about the phones - we have Spring too and they just sent us new SIM cards to update our phones with. I guess they're T-Mobil updates. Chuck put his in but I haven't yet. He told me about it, but I wasn't paying much attention. Go on your Sprint account and you can probably find out about it. It's supposed to help our coverage, too. We're thinking about switching to AT&T - most of the people we know out here are on that. My phone just got paid off and his has been for a long time, so we can go wherever we want now. I'm okay with T-Mobile, but he's checking around. Keeps him busy. LMBO

We're going out to eat tonight - shocker. We're not big fans, but it will just be 4 of us. I can't stand to go out with a big bunch of people. The professional cleaners are up at Adrienne's house today - she said there were 8 of them. It looks like they might actually be sleeping there before the weekend.

I'd better go get something done. I've been sitting at this laptop way too long.

Have a good day all.

felis

@felis I also understand that chaotic feeling, I keep wondering if it is just me that feels a constant underlying sense of unease. Probably not.
Chris, what exactly do you mean by 'unease' ? As I am failing in translation here, it could be understood on my language as 'always worried' but also 'lack of contentment'. Definitely you're not the only one who feels that way! I'm pretty sure about that, based on my improvised study this summer, about self development and people's vibrations. But again depends on how you translate it it's pretty different.
Definitely sorry to hear that you felt this way! Hug!!!
If it's 'lack of contentment', yes I'm with you, and also every woman from middle class after 30yo, that is not been able to make rich wedlock, is in the same boat. As much to 'always worried' is that possible?! Except if that person isn't in a some sort of chemical imbalance?
But both not make sense in this context about my chaotic day. Please explain me a little bit, as I do care!