Oscraps

Daily Ooos:Wednesday, December 1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Did my hands shake a teeny bit when I typed December? You bet they did! haha! If time has anything left that is predictable, I will venture that December is going to go by *fast.*

BTW: You know how I am always saying that since the pandemic started, time has absolutely *no* meaning? I posted a LO the other day, one that I worked on for several days-- only to realize that I put the wrong year in --*twice.* And it isn't like it was just a typo, I used a date strip and had to consciously put brackets around the year. Here I am scrapping and journaling about a big milestone, my kids graduating college together, and I get the date wrong. Twice. Bwuhahah!

I started off yesterday not feeling so good about how my schedule and projects were moving along. I feel a bit better today. The tree is up and I think it looks really pretty.
20211130_162414.jpg
Not bad for a $100 fake tree! It really is bigger than we expected, we thought it was going to be really skimpy but by the time we put on the lights and beads- we were thrilled that there was still plenty of room for our many ornaments.
I worked on the gnomes a bit more and I think that they are 96.75% done.
20211130_142946.jpg20211130_142950.jpg
They smell really good too.

I guess that means I am still plugging along.
Oh, ya know how I said that the cookies I baked the other day were next to impossible to screw up? Guess what happened? The bottom layer of crumbs didn't set right. When I took them out of the pan, they lost most of them. They still taste good but not sure what happened. Other than it being 2021. LOL

I have to pick up my groceries this morning and after that, I really don't know- I have the whole day ahead but not sure what I should do. I cut my finger on a knife blade washing dishes yesterday and the soapy water stings (So did getting the tree needles stabbing into it. heh) so if I am going to make the coffee butter that means my finger is going to need to be in water often. I could do some of the candles/wax tarts which would not need me to wash my hands as much.
Or I could scrap ;)

Love and hugs to all of you!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Nope, not ready for December either, but here it is!
That was a really smart choice to not move furniture. Not worth it.
bwuahahah!!!-- I should have kept reading what you wrote before I replied !!
I can see your head nodding and voice saying 'that is the smart thing to do'
I wonder how you hear my voice. I wish I knew how to make a little video of me. I am sure I could do it on my phone, maybe I will give that a shot at some point. :D

@taxed4ever How did it go with the tech people? Is your modem working again?

@felis I am so sorry for your family's loss. Honestly, I think that what you are feeling about the mourning traditions is completely understandable. I know you know this, but you can't grieve for a person you don't have an emotional connection to. Blood does make a connection but that can be very superficial. Try not to feel guilty about not feeling something for someone you barely knew.
How long do you have to be in mourning and not do the things that you need and want to do? If you crocheted in secret, would that make you feel guilty?
I am happy you had a nice birthday even if it was small. The bus accident must have been a really sad time for you and your country. :(

@Cherylndesigns I played around with the app a bit and I don't think it's going to help me this year but I think that if I remember to use it early enough next year it is going to be the bomb! I am going to ask you to remind me about this in November 2022. Please. :D
I took a picture of my window to show you. Braxton was cold so he needed my hat. The dog was lonely and wanted to play.
.20211129_084401.jpg
*sobs and sobs* 73 degrees!!!! *sobs some more* It was snowing here yesterday
So cool to get the herbs and grasses cut back and ready to be used. It must have been good for the soul to be out in the sun.
I asked Scott for some gardening tools -- I need new grass shears. He asked where I used them and if I would be interested in battery-powered ones. -*absolutely not!!* As soon s I told him where and why I clip back the grass (along the edges of the yard where my toad/snake/worm friends live) he said nope, you do not want battery-powered. I cannot wait to get back into the dirt in the spring.

@tjscraps !!!!!!!!!!
Bubble wrap and some Kevlar. That is what you need to ask from Santa.
I don't think you should wait though.
Yikes, lady, be safe!
I hope that your night off did the trick and that things will be smoother for you.

Hugs!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Yay! December is here! November is over!!!!!

Cold? YES! Today we have -10 C (=14 F). It's snowing in the south of Sweden, so much so they warn people to stay home. It's snowing in the north of Sweden too - but they're so used to it, they don't need a warning. LOL Here in the middle of Sweden though - no snow! Well, maybe about half an inch or something like that - but that's basically like no snow.

Been scrapping & reading today. Not posted any layouts though, I'm stock-piling LOL I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas to scrap. Brain is not cooperating. Or maybe it's out of order?

Anyway, I'm working tomorrow. Long day, and I need to relax today, and I've been doing that. Taken care of the litter boxes, and made a pie (quiche-ish) so that we have dinner ready tomorrow evening when we get home from work. Urban and I are working the evening together tomorrow. Best work mate ever! (For him ... ;) LOL) Had a plan for dinner today, but have to re-think cuz for some weird reason, we don't have any onions at home!!! How could this happen??? I use onions for about 85% of the food I cook, it's impossible that I've forgotten to buy new. [BRAIN OUT OF ORDER]

Waiting for our new washer to be delivered, but the driver has called Urban and told he will be late due to car problem. I will not tell him that his car got JINXED cuz he has our washer in it. Can't let people know that we are cursed. LOL

nancyr

good morning - today is the start of my annual Dec project with Anna Aspnes. She sends a prompt each day for a page. I love this as a way to tell how the year passed. Then my poor Devils forgot how to play last night and lost to the Sharks 5-2. But on the good news front the signed our #1 draft choice Jack Hughes to an 8 year contract and he is back from injury. Our coach rearranged the lines and I told my DH that they sucked and sure enough at the start of the third period he put them back and wow they scored two goals. Even though my team lost a lot of good hockey games and come backs last night. Been reading so that is fun. Thanks for words about mens' brains being different. So true but why should that be something we must accommodate LOL.

@faerywings Chris love the tree and the gnomes! Glad you got shopping done. Sorry about your mom and her shopping woes. And yes I think Dec. will go really fast!

@tanteva Eva wow for a country that is used to snow to be worried about snow that must be a lot of snow. I know though what you mean about how snow amounts vary. Just north of us in New York state is the city of Buffalo which is not far from Niagara Falls. All winter they get lake effect snows so while we get a little they are getting multiple inches.

Kay I am glad that you did not move the heavy furniture! Sorry the family is sick.

@taxed4ever Trudy wow you are often having problem with your internet provider. How is was a quick and easy fix and did not cost!

@felis felis happy belated birthday. I am glad you had such a nice day! Sorry for your loss and the events in your country.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I want 73 degrees but I will forego the heat since I really do not like tornados. You are really lucky to be living with family so near. Enjoy the outside gardening.

@bcgal00 Rae has the rain stopped. I am bet with winter coming the recovery will be hard. How is the back?

@tjscraps My DH has been having accidents lately too. Cut figure from cooking too! Maybe that is indeed what I should do wrap him in bubble wrap.

Have a great day all!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The rain has stopped for a bit this morning, thankfully. We had to put the sump pump in again yesterday as the water started flooding into the garage again. The dogs are happy about the backyard pool being back. We left the pump going all night and will leave it on until tomorrow. The rain is starting up again this afternoon so to be safe, we'll leave it running. We have a few days of no rain so that is good b/c it looks like a lot of rain coming again for the next week or so, starting on the wkend. I am so sick of this weather and I hate seeing all the devastation to the properties and homes here. Stores are really empty, I was lucky enough to get some salad greens yesterday and still no baking supplies so will try again this wkend.

I'm picking up my new glasses today. Jen is coming later in the morning for a bit so Bella can play in the pool out back. I've got CT stuff to work on later. I got my new tablet hooked up to the laptop, got a new wireless mouse as the tracking pad on the laptop didn't seem to work very well. So tonight I can see if I can actually scrap on it. Because of the monitor size I'm not going to love scrapping on it but a bit here and there as I watch tv at night might be ok.

@faerywings Your gnomes are adorable! Messy cookies that still taste good are ok in my book LOL. I have had many baking disasters as baking is really not my forte.

@tanteva Hope the washer comes soon. Enjoy relaxing today.

@nancyr My back is ok, thx for asking. Hockey and Anna project will keep you busy this month.

I'm getting another coffee and swapping out my coffee mug for a Xmas mug. I forgot today was the 1st (I'm using a regular Starbucks mug) and it is my tradition to only use Xmas mugs during the month of December. It is a fun way to kick off the holiday season. Off I go to pick out a holiday mug for today :)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello! I almost made it before noon. Adrienne and Ava surprised us with a visit which is much more fun than getting on my computer. LOL

Chris @faerywings Hahaha - poor Braxton - he looks so sad - "when can I go out and play, Mommy?" The grasses that I cut yesterday look SO big today - I put them on the porch and am going to bring them in - they'll get even bigger. Ava saw them and said she'd be back for some. We had planned to go get our boosters today, but we put it off until tomorrow. I'm going to go out and get some more work done in the garden.

Nancy @nancyr there hasn't been a tornado in this area since forever (hope I'm not jinxing myself). I guess we're in some kind of lower area and from what we hear, they're very rare here. We DO have a tornado shelter on the property - it was already here. My SIL is going to build a really big, nice one eventually - just in case. We get some high winds, but not any higher than we got in SWF. There were some crazy winds there.

Chris @faerywings sorry that app isn't going to help you this late. I was looking at all my stuff last night and realized that I was missing a pajama set that I bought for Ava. I knew that Adrienne had to have it, so I looked at my app to make sure I did, indeed, buy pajamas for Ava and there it was! She's going to go through her stuff and get them to me. We were shopping together that day and just throwing everything in one cart. Had I not had that app, I wouldn't have been sure. Adrienne is the one who told me about it and like I said, we go straight to the car, after shopping, and plug our purchases into our apps.

I'd better get busy - oh, Chris @faerywings thanks for the suggestion about my wrinkled tree skirt, but it's beyond that. I am going to iron it today

Waving to everybody.

LSlycord

December...wow! Of what year? Because I feel that it might be December of 2020 but surely not December of 2021.

@faerywings I love your tree!!! Ours is up and it is pre-lit with white lights. We left the garland on from last year. But that's all we have done so far. Of course, I'm waiting for next week when I am not working. And I love your gnomes...those are so cute!

@tanteva a quiche sounds really good. I haven't made one in forever...usually it is a holiday meal for us. Not sure why. I do remember the first one that I ever made. I was in high school and our French Club had a banquet and the quiche was my contribution. My family (including my dad and brother) loved it. They never took to the Real Men Don't Eat Quiche... I was so glad. It got added to our traditional Christmas dinner...and here, almost 50 years later, it remains.

@nancyr sorry the team didn't perform last night. But glad that you are getting some reading time in. That's on my list for December activities.

@bcgal00 I love your tradition with December and coffee mugs. We gave so many away before we moved. I think that you have inspired me---I may need to get a few new mugs and start using them in December. Might even ask for a couple of new ones for Christmas.

@Cherylndesigns I know that I have said this before but I LOVE your family...I love your compound...it makes me feel like where I came from...and I LOVE that. Definitely family is better than computer time.

Now, I'm off to put together a list of what I need to do this month at the O! I'm so excited! But I know that I can't just wing it they way I used to...my multi-tasking days are over. I am pretty single threaded nowadays. I've got my post counts documented so I now need a new avatar. Be gone cruel mask. It is time for the holidays.

felis

Hello girls! It was snowing yesterday, so we start December in a marshmallow world :D. It melted during the day but it doesn't matter as we was got the view! I think we have good chances for white Christmas, and this can sounds naive, but somehow I feel that the snow world is one idea more brighter and clean!
I'm still a little bit confused, because of the change of all my plans, but will try to figure it out in moving, how to be as much as its possible festive in melancholic, respectful ways. So I think that this year big part of my 'festive' program will be reading.

Do you read Christmas books? Which titles you are choose?

Chris, these gnomes are just so COOL! Excellent job! OMG, this tree is so huge, I can't believe that is possible to keep this giant whole, around the pets!!!
The mourning is 40 days, and NO you can't do anything in secret, we speak for the Death, the most powerful force, there is no way to hide action or intention from her. She knows what is in the hearts and minds!
Thank you for your sweet words!

Eva, I completely share your thoughts about November!

Nancy, the annual Dec project sounds very intriguing, especially in this first year with the new family!
Thank you for your words of sympathy!

Rae, oh, my goodness, it sounds like this winter wouldn't be gently to your area. So scary!
But the dogs probably are so cute playing at the 'pool'.

Linda, it's a great idea to switch to holiday avatar, although I suspect that this will be task at the Christmas O party.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, here I am late in the afternoon... busy as a cat on a hot tin roof!!! :D Had some CT work that had to be done... plus other 'must do today' things that took up more time. I did manage to get to the grocery store and was a happy camper as the flavored liquid creamer I really like was on sale. And managed to get a couple of bags of oranges/tangelos.. Yummy!! and more apples!!! Couldn't believe how full the parking lot was and lots of customers shopping but I wore my mask, sanitized my cart handle and hands when I got back to the car.

Yesterday, I managed to pick up my 'on-hold' library book - plus a couple more while I was there. I devoured "Vortex" by Catherine Couture and finished it by 11PM. Well worth staying awake later than usual. ;) Will be going to the 'other' city library (3 miles away instead of 1 mile) on Friday as they will be having a big sale on books, DVDs, etc. Always worth the trip over for those sales.

@faerywings Bet those cookies still tasted good even without the extra 'crumbs'. I love your tree!!! Reminds me of one we had several years ago. And the gnomes are so cute.

@tanteva You had me almost spitting out my drink when I saw your post.... ROFLOL.... can't tell you are glad that November is over... :D:p:D Hoping that December will be a much better month for you... and all of us.

@nancyr Sorry your team didn't do well. Hoping they play better soon. I agree that reading is a great thing to do with your time. hehehe

@taxed4ever Yikes... modem and internet problems!!! So sorry that you are having to deal with them.

@Cherylndesigns how nice that you had some family over for a nice chat today! That always makes me feel good all day.

@LSlycord I am with you trying to think about getting ready for the fun Christmas activities that will be happening here at OScraps. December is always different with the 12 Days of Christmas event going on.

Call coming in from family... CYL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, here I am late in the afternoon... busy as a cat on a hot tin roof!!! :D Had some CT work that had to be done... plus other 'must do today' things that took up more time. I did manage to get to the grocery store and was a happy camper as the flavored liquid creamer I really like was on sale. And managed to get a couple of bags of oranges/tangelos.. Yummy!! and more apples!!! Couldn't believe how full the parking lot was and lots of customers shopping but I wore my mask, sanitized my cart handle and hands when I got back to the car.

Yesterday, I managed to pick up my 'on-hold' library book - plus a couple more while I was there. I devoured "Vortex" by Catherine Couture and finished it by 11PM. Well worth staying awake later than usual. ;) Will be going to the 'other' city library (3 miles away instead of 1 mile) on Friday as they will be having a big sale on books, DVDs, etc. Always worth the trip over for those sales.

@faerywings Bet those cookies still tasted good even without the extra 'crumbs'. I love your tree!!! Reminds me of one we had several years ago. And the gnomes are so cute.

@tanteva You had me almost spitting out my drink when I saw your post.... ROFLOL.... can't tell you are glad that November is over... :D:p:D Hoping that December will be a much better month for you... and all of us.

@nancyr Sorry your team didn't do well. Hoping they play better soon. I agree that reading is a great thing to do with your time. hehehe

@taxed4ever Yikes... modem and internet problems!!! So sorry that you are having to deal with them.

@Cherylndesigns how nice that you had some family over for a nice chat today! That always makes me feel good all day.

@LSlycord I am with you trying to think about getting ready for the fun Christmas activities that will be happening here at OScraps. December is always different with the 12 Days of Christmas event going on.

Call coming in from family... CYL
Hi Kay. Yes, it was nice to have family time. We decided one day wouldn't make or break us on getting our boosters. It was unplanned and felt so good to be visiting with them.

LOL to "a cat on a hot tin roof" - I hadn't heard that one for awhile.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
December...wow! Of what year? Because I feel that it might be December of 2020 but surely not December of 2021.

@faerywings I love your tree!!! Ours is up and it is pre-lit with white lights. We left the garland on from last year. But that's all we have done so far. Of course, I'm waiting for next week when I am not working. And I love your gnomes...those are so cute!

@tanteva a quiche sounds really good. I haven't made one in forever...usually it is a holiday meal for us. Not sure why. I do remember the first one that I ever made. I was in high school and our French Club had a banquet and the quiche was my contribution. My family (including my dad and brother) loved it. They never took to the Real Men Don't Eat Quiche... I was so glad. It got added to our traditional Christmas dinner...and here, almost 50 years later, it remains.

@nancyr sorry the team didn't perform last night. But glad that you are getting some reading time in. That's on my list for December activities.

@bcgal00 I love your tradition with December and coffee mugs. We gave so many away before we moved. I think that you have inspired me---I may need to get a few new mugs and start using them in December. Might even ask for a couple of new ones for Christmas.

@Cherylndesigns I know that I have said this before but I LOVE your family...I love your compound...it makes me feel like where I came from...and I LOVE that. Definitely family is better than computer time.

Now, I'm off to put together a list of what I need to do this month at the O! I'm so excited! But I know that I can't just wing it they way I used to...my multi-tasking days are over. I am pretty single threaded nowadays. I've got my post counts documented so I now need a new avatar. Be gone cruel mask. It is time for the holidays.
Awwwww Linda you made me feel all warm inside. I forget that you came from a "family compound". I don't need to tell you how special that is, do I? Last night, our DD, Adrienne, came down for coffee, then here came her hubby, Roger and the 4 of us all sat together in the living room and we started the fireplace and just had the nicest chat. Then about an hour later, our grandson Braden came in with a plateful of food for us! We had NO idea Adrienne was sending food down. She loves to cook and we love being the recipients!