Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, September 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'm so ollllllllllllllllllllllllllld!
jamie%2Blee%2Bcurtis.jpg

My baby is 23 today. *sniffs*
She came to say goodnight to me last night and said "Happy Anniversary to changing your mind about me" ROTFLMAO
Yes, I did that. I was induced and the night before I had her I put my foot down, said I changed my mind I absolutely did not want another baby. Haha. To hear her version (as if she was there! Huhn!) I said that I did;t want her. And every time she tells that story, I correct her by saying I didn't want *anyone.* Not her, not James (her name if she was a boy)

My head is a bit off today, and I have to get it back together since I have a busy day, not counting her b-day stuff. I wasn't able to do all that much with my list because her gifts didn't get delivered until 7 pm and when I was working on her card, she kept coming into my office to chat. However, all of the wine glasses over the island are now sparkly clean again. That was one of the big things I needed to do. I also worked on tidying up the patio. Guess who I saw out there??
Tif my Toad Friend. *heart* I found their home. I was cleaning up some of the dead cilantro stalks and when I bent down to the planter, there they were. They had dug a hole in it and all I could see were their eyes.

I am off to the grocery store this morning and I am struggling with what I need between regular food and party food. I am also a little concerned about my friend that I clean for-- I haven't been able to get in touch with her in the last few days, she texted me over the weekend but I haven't gotten any responses to my texts or email since then. When I get home, I have to finish Caitlyn's card and wrap her presents. She asked for Chinese food for dinner so we are going to order in - I don't have to cook!

xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sorry if the personals are short today

@taxed4ever You are so good getting the house cleaned and now working on the fireplace. I hope that you are taking lots of photos of the process. When is your Thanksgiving?
It makes me sad when the gardens look so unkempt at the end of the summer. I hope that the CA election goes the way your country needs it to go. Ugh- Raynauds it the pits, I can feel the numbness and tingling in my toes even with thicker socks today.

Kay- electronic gremlins are the worst. Thrilled for you that SIL#1 got everything working again!
OMG!!!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! I cannot imagine how happy you must have been to see him and them for him to see his sisters. Such a happy time! You must have been in heaven :D (I don't know if you can tell through my typing but I am practically bouncing up and down in my chair in joy for you!)

@Cherylndesigns I told my family about Ava and the skeletons and Eva with the website with the names for them. They all think we are a little cuckoo for cocoa puffs. :D:D:D They might be right.
Is that a bottle of vodka or tequila on your Croc? Very cute!!
Have you named your cowboy yet?

@tanteva hope that you and Urban feel better. I have a touch of the hypochondria too. My allergies are off the charts and I have been counting down the days since I was around lots of people (10 days out of the 2-14 incubation range. )
Like the name for the skeleton!

@felis In the age of digital photos, it is really helpful to me to take photos before I throw something out. I hope if you do work on your grandma's house you can do the same with some of the things you don't need to keep but have a hard time just throwing away. It is a good compromise for me at least.
The phrase is "food for thought" but I knew exactly what you meant :)
Thanks for liking the gnomes, I hope I can find time to clean them up before Sunday

hugs to everyone!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Happy Birthday to Cait!

34baa1aaadfd7f87e5641d6d027aa112.jpeg

Urban is still a bit under the weather, and will be home tomorrow as well. My hypochondria is better though LOL

We've ordered a new tablet, and it arrived in the mail today. We've had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 for ages, and it's as close to death. Also, a couple of apps don't work at that old tablet anymore. A couple of TV channel apps, eg. I've had to stream those from the puter, and that's a bit tricky, cuz TV & puter are not in the same room. (Also, I can't do it over the phone cuz I have a crap phone). Also, the YouTube are beginning to act weird as well. The tablet is to old for that sh*t.

Now we've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Lite, that will only be used for TV. NO GAMES allowed on that one - I want it to last for a looong time. Found it at a sale Sunday night, last day of the sale, so it was a quick decision. And we got it today - it was a quick delivery as well. Now to download apps and see if the tablet and ChromeCast like eachother. LOL

Classic Swedish dinner planned for today: boiled potatoes, meat balls (cheat balls for us), gravy, pickled cucumber and lingonberry jam. Can't get more Swedish than that.

Glad you found the toad @faerywings . I think I see Folke everytime I see a magpie. LOL

BTW - does everyone in NJ sound like Fran Drescher in The Nanny? We're watching The Sopranos and Tony's wife sounds a bit like her.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies! It is a very foggy, fall like day out there today! But the sky is blue behind all that fog and I am looking forward to eventually seeing the sun soon. I did not have a good sleep last night, tossed and turned half the night. Ugh I hate when that happens, so I am dragging my but this morning. I got a phone call from a high school friend yesterday, she informed me that our mutual friend and watercolour artist Alex Fong lost his sister the other day, she had a massive heart attack, she was only 56 years old :(. So I ended up not doing any work on the fireplace and spent the afternoon making him a sympathy card. The trouble is now I am having a difficult time finding his address, so I will be on the hunt for that today. Plan on taking a nice long walk after lunch and hopefully get a bit of scrapping done today also. Oh and I am hoping that Canada Post will offer their free shipping Tuesdays again this October, if so then I will get a couple of door signs made and shipped off to Heather and Jason as a part of their Christmas Gifts. Yikes it is that time of year to start thinking of Christmas and also to start making my 2022 Calendar :eek:. Tomorrow I hike, so I really hope that the weather holds out and it will be sunny! Not much else happening around here today. No facetime with Heather as Hunter is home with a sore throat. Good old pre-K a hotbed of germs, sure hope its just a bit of a cold!!

@faerywings - Chris had to LOL at your Gif's wait until your baby's turn 40!!! Please say Happy Birthday to Cait from us!! Sending her best wishes from Vancouver Island and hope she has a fabulous day! Glad you found your toad friends and hope that they are happy living amongst your Cilantro LOL. I do hope that your friend is ok! Perhaps she has taken a trip somewhere? Our election was a big waste of time and tax payers dollars, nothing has changed and the Govt remains the same with Trudeau only gaining one more seat in the house, so we have a Liberal minority government the same as before. UGH!! Oh well at least its not Trump LOL.

@felis - Hi felis, I saw your layout in the Haps! Those little hedgehogs are the cutest things!

@tanteva - Love that birthday rat!! Glad to hear that your hypochondria is better today and hope that Urban feels better soon too!

Ok off to the shower have a great day everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings Happy b-day to C! Enjoy the Chinese food...yum! That's what I want on my birthday too.
@taxed4ever Yay the sun is shining. Hope it stays til tomorrow for your hike. How I wish I was there to join you :)

I'll be getting out for a few hrs to hike with the dogs and aside from desk work, not much going on. Making a quesadilla and salad for dinner, haven't had that in ages.

I'm getting to work now. Have a great day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Happy birthday to Caitlin!! She and Ava are almost twins. Chris @faerywings you are SO not OLD!!! But that's a funny meme, anyway. I hope Cait has a wonderful birthday - are the skeletons ready to partay???? Get their party hats on! No, I haven't named my cowboy yet - Eva @tanteva hope Urban is feeling better today. Chris, @faerywings After I looked at that picture of my crocks, it DOES look like a bottle of vodka. No, it's wine - that's as "hard" as I drink. It even has a heart on it. LOL

Trudy, I'm so sorry for your loss. 56????? That's so scary - hard to believe. Lay @BrightEyes hope you're getting your computer problems straightened out.

Happy Tuesday and I almost forgot - it's only 68 here today!!! Adrienne came over for her morning coffee and had a hooded sweatshirt on! We're all so excited for fall. Also, my shoulder is getting better by the hour! I don't even have my "harness" or sling on today, but it's starting to ache slightly, so I better get it on.

Hugs to everybody.

felis

Such a lovely, lovely day! After few rainy days today the Summer was decided for goodbye to bless us with sun in its glories!
I had few errands to take from the post office at the morning. And I'm so happy that shoudn't do it in rain. There was one lady that walk very slow and she was visibly worried that she was delay the whole line, so I gived her my turn. I really hate these masks as it was so obvious that she needs to see some smiles and friendly faces at that moment!
I shouldn't, but tomorrow is big national holiday, so instead to have free day tomorrow (when will rain) I chose to free afternoons instead, and don't sorry that will have to work tomorrow morning, as todays sunny afternoon it was not to be missed. Was so funny to play outside with the kids. Adore how these little creatures needs me and seeking my attention in one moment like a human child, and in next they are totally independent like a wild tigers. Today was childish day with lots of play and funny tricks that they make to have your attention.

Trudy, yes I was so flattered when I saw the message, although this is so old page that I'm surprised how someone is dug it up. I miss my hedgehog friends! Now they live at the apple garden of my neighbors. They just love dry cat's food, but after we adopted Middleton he bark non stop at them and terorise everybody so they not cross the net anymore. It's such a cacophony even if he see them at the other side. Biggie was so soft (body and soul), he was used to allow every smaller creature inside.
Such a sad news, I'm so sorry for your friend loss! :(

Rae, actually this sounds as a pretty good day to me! :)

Cheryl, autumn is my favorite season too! (Sorry, I hate to call it 'fall', it brings me association for rout and fail, how we can use it for such a precious time :D?)

Eva, oh, I'm sorry I wasn't understand that Urban is not feeling well, I misunderstood it as he is bothered by the weather that is cold now, silly me! But you know how tricky translation process can be! Why they don't have diferent words for cold and cold :p?! Hope he will get well soon!

Chris, I hope that Cait had a lovely day! Seems like Tif is coming especially for her party too. Pfff, I feel the same way (already old) and don't think it's matter of age.
I'm not able to make homemade limoncello, as obviously I'm not able to grown them, but love this idea, you can invited me to taste at anytime :cool:! Hhh, I can't find the book you recommended me, maybe it is with different name here, how was the author's name? Have one by Erin Morgenstern, is that?

nancyr

good evening

Happy Birthday Caitlin!

Luther did not want walk today. I guess the humidity was too much. But we did the day before and I love that he still wants to go. I miss him on walks. Got my son's wedding invitation so it is getting closer. So exciting. However it means that I have to have a dress. Ahh! I hate shopping. Found out that my NJ Devils training camp starts tomorrow and then preseason games in like 9 days. I am happy but a bit tense as being back with lots of others. Went to the grocery store and again wearing a mask. Came home and had a day of eating junk food. Chris I think I was channelling your shopping for party food. But one day not bad. Had news that makes me really sad. My GP who I have had since 1974 is retiring. He sent his patients a letter and gave recommendations for new doctors but I don't want to drive to another city. So not sure what I will be doing. It is a huge practice so anyway I see him for my yearly physical later this month and I guess we will talk then.

@faerywings Chris have fun celebrating with Caitlin! The time goes so fast. Your food sounds great. I love Chinese!

@taxed4ever Trudy so sorry about the loss of your friend. 56 is too young. Have fun on your hike tomorrow. Hope the weather holds.

@tanteva Eva sure hope the Urban is on the road to recovery. My DH is not a good patient. When I visited Sweden they hotel we stayed at in Gothenburg had the best meatballs. And a big NO most do not I repeat do not talk like Fran. She exaggerates for the show. But there are words that are different - drawer and coffee are two that my future DIL and I say differently but no where near the TV shows.

@bcgal00 Rae have fun with the dogs.

@felis Felis your day sounds glorious - how fun with the animals! Have fun on the holiday even with working some.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl wow awesome about your shoulder and not having to wear the harness all the time. But take it slow.

Waving and hugs to all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Why they don't have diferent words for cold and cold :p?! Hope he will get well soon!

LOL This is one thing I've been thinking about as well. That's why I started to use the phrase "under the weather" instead, once I'd learned it. On the other hand I'm sure Swedish (and every other language) has the same thing that they have words that are the same for different things, we just don't think about it.

felis

LOL This is one thing I've been thinking about as well. That's why I started to use the phrase "under the weather" instead, once I'd learned it. On the other hand I'm sure Swedish (and every other language) has the same thing that they have words that are the same for different things, we just don't think about it.
True. We even had a game at school who will named most homonyms. I hadn't thought about that, I guess it's confusing only in translation.