Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, November 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Me~>

giphy.gif

yeah, seriously - I am not doing so hot up here *taps forehead*
Even getting my to-do list together didn't seem to help. I think (forgive me if you have heard this before *G* ) that I am trying to do too many things at once. If you have been here for more than a week, you already know that about me. So, yeah. I am doing it again.

I got two trays of cookies made, today I will get them in the freezer. I wrapped and labeled some soaps too. *and* I helped my mom do some more online shopping.
*I survived Online Shopping with my Luddite mom and all I got was this lousy t-shirt*
Bwuahahaha!!!

She is apparently so stressed about shopping that she is unable to sleep. My SIL messaged Gary about it. I don't know what to tell her!

Oh.

*gulps*

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? I wonder where I get it from?

I was able to get one more gift for Scott and it was 50% off. I had no idea until it went into the cart- Cyber Monday sale. Whoo hoo!

We are all excited that we are decorating today and are doing the traditional Christmas movie and pizza for dinner when we are done. I have all morning to stress over everything else I need to do. The biggest thing is to get to food order placed for tomorrow. I also have to make an appt to get my hair cut and colored, hoping for one day next week. If I can get the gnomes finished today that would be amazing.
I am going to need a good night's sleep tonight because tomorrow is December! :D
xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I love it-- a Tada list! I will need to get a top hat and walking stick so I can add a bit of flair to my Ta-Daaaa!
"Lucky" for me, I have a strong sense of guilt built into my sense self so I would feel bad if I skipped the harder tasks haha. How was the rest of the day at work, hope you didn't jinx anything. You can always knock wood to reverse any jinxing :p

@BrightEyes your new siggie is very pretty and festive. I should update mine, it feels very spring-y. I think that seeing everything slowly getting decorated will help my mood, just like your neighbor's lights look pretty and help you get in the spirit. Is the HOA contest a big deal?

@nancyr Bet you loved having the house to yourself. (Would it be rude of me to ask for *that* for Christmas? Just a day all by myself?? ROTFLMAO!)
You know how I feel about grocery shopping and meal planning so I can understand 100% why you were aggravated.
You have every right to whine- even though it doesn't sound like that to me. You are frustrated and I don't blame you at all. I would and do feel the same with things that happen here. I think that having some time to yourself will help your mood.
It is really cold and damp. It is only going to get worse, isn't it? Blech

@bcgal00 I am so sorry that it is still raining and that you are getting more water. :( Try to stay as dry as you can. How is your back doing today? The damp weather can't be helping
That is exciting about the Wacom and mouse, *fingers crossed that your laptop works for scrapping*
When the kids were little we had a remote for the Christmas lights that flashed in time with music. The kids loved it, but if we had that now, I think it would explode my brain!

@taxed4ever Did you finish the last calendar page? It will be awesome when you have that done.
Hmmm. I can't feel bad for your DS that much with the ski trip being canceled- since that means you get him longer
LOL (sorry I am bad heh)
How did you sleep last night? Hoping it was much better than the night before. It is hard to get things done when you are exhausted :(
ITA with you and Rae-- men's brains have to be wired so differently and we *need* that rolling pin emoji to commiserate!
Congrats on getting the Chromebook!

So smart, Kay. It isn't worth the risk of the ladders to put up lights

@Cherylndesigns That was sweet of Adrienne to come down and help with your tree. Can you put the tree skirt in the dryer with a damp towel to steam out some of the wrinkles?
yay for Chuck finding so much of your stuff!
Lexi and Tex look amazing!!!!
I have an Android Phone so that app won't work but what an AWESOME idea! I never thought of that. I looked online to see what might work on my phone and found this LINK
There are two that I am going to look at and see if they might help me. I still go"old school" with a table/list I made in Word years ago, converted it into Google Docs, and scribble all over it. Thank you for the suggestion

@LSlycord So nice seeing you back again <3 Hope the Dr appt went well. Yes, it sounds like some downtime is what the Doctor ordered. And if the Doctor has to be Dr. Faerywings- so be it!
I caved and agreed to an artificial tree this year and I think it was a good move. hahaha!! I wish I could see your pool!!!

@tjscraps Get some bubble wrap to you STAT!!! Oh my goodness, you poor thing. It is no wonder you fell after breaking your toe the day before, your balance must be totally off. Please be careful.
Ooooh, that is a great question about the apps, I will have to see if any of them are good for the other Christmas tasks- like baking. Fab idea!!!

Love to all of you!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning O's... glad to say goodbye to November - but not sure I am ready for December!!! Was looking at the living room and wondering if I should go ahead and put up the 6' Christmas tree even though I have been waffling about it. As I stood looking at the room and the front window where the tree always goes, it dawned on me that would mean moving the heavy love seat and a chair as that is the only spot where there would be space to put the tree. Let's see... bad back, bad knee that is still 'iffy'... and no one to help move furniture!!! And all of DD#3's family including her are sick with RSV. Nope... not going to happen. Will do like I did the past 2 years and put up a small 3' gold pinecone tree that can sit on the buffet... no furniture moving... :) Yes, Momma Chris... I can see your head nodding and voice saying 'that is the smart thing to do'. (Your voice in my head keeps me from doing a lot of foolish things.) The gold pinecone tree was my Aunt Mary's, then went to my mom who used it for several years and finally came to me about 7 years ago... so it has a special place in my heart.

@faerywings The HOA Christmas decorating contest has a $250 grand prize and a $100 2nd prize so many of the residents go ALL OUT for it. And then there are others... like me... who just sit back and enjoy the displays. Way to go on getting the cookies baked and ready to put in the freezer. I am amazed at what all you get done...so don't be too hard on yourself for not getting more done. BTW... love the LO about the kids' graduation... fabulous!

@nancyr So good to see you back and posting again. You were missed. Understand your frustrations and wanting some time to yourself. <<< hugs >>>

@tjscraps Oh, NO... so sorry about BOTH of your falls and the broken toe. OUCH!!! Your poor aching body. Bubble wrap might be the best thing to dress in for awhile. ;) All kidding aside, hope you get to feeling better soon.

@taxed4ever What a shame that your son had to cancel the ski trip but happy that means he gets to spend more time with you. Hope you got the last pages of the calendar finished.

@Cherylndesigns so glad that your DH found all the Christmas stuff and how fabulous that Adrianne will let you store it at her house afterwards. I was always concerned when my DH went into the attic to haul stuff down - so that should be a relief that it won't need to be taken up or haul down any more.

@LSlycord Hoping for a better report from the doc's visit. Yes, resting sounds like a good prescription. Enjoy the pool time. I won't be adding any Christmas decorations even those that sit on the ground... don't have any space to store them.

Just got my 2nd cup of coffee and waiting for the house to warm up to take my shower. Then it is off to run a couple of errands. See you all in December... :rolleyes::p:D

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! I am late getting on the computer this morning and waiting for a tech person to show up from our internet provider. Our modem is doing weird things and its making it impossible for me to get my online things done! So sorry no personals this morning. Its just to hard to keep waiting for my internet to kick back in. Grrrr!! I love technology when it works, but when it doesn't it is so frustrating. Hopefully will have a new modem soon and life will go on LOL. Gotta run. TTYL!!

felis

Awarning: Do NOT read this if you have happy day!!!
I'm going to talk about loss and mourning and I want to apologize in advance for spreading of so low vibration! Just skip it if you have good day. Although usually I hate talk about loss and sadness and I'm keeping it for myself I considered it carefully and believe that in this story have a purpose.
November was... hmm... Chris was called it roller coaster, but my british friends use helter skelter and I think it will be more accurate metaphor for my case, so
The end of November was like a helter skelter for me and I ended it up emotionally exhausted. So many unexpected things happened in short term. I met my 35th birthday happier than ever after. Some of my wildest dreams are near to come true and it happened suddenly and very easily. I've got really the best gifts ever, but that wasn't surprised as I send to my family the concrete links from where to bought LOL.
But then at that same week happened few very terrible accidents in my country, was so awful that I wasn't surprised that even Chris (who as we all well know is addicted to the news watching) was watch about them. And in days of national mourning it was looking so shamelessly and rude to make big birthday party, and I'm not a big fan of party at all, so preferred small family diner, with really delicious cake. And still was the happiest woman ever (but keeped it quiet and private).

Then at the morning after, we learned that member of my mom's extended family is passed away and this just cracked us. On my birthday, I'm terrified, is that some kind of sign?! There was some complications with the organizing the rituals and the funeral is actually today, so many days later, which is unusual. I'll not go, neither my cousin, as the elder members decided that they don't want to be around not vaccinated people. But honestly I'm relieved. And here is where the essential part of the story is.
Actually I'm see that lady only twice in my life and once I was wrote letter to her (she was very eccentric and refused to use modern technologies). The sad truth is that now people are more upset that we will have to be in mourning on Christmas, than for the actual loss. I can believe when I become such a cold heart b***! Of course I'm sad today and spent time to remember our 3 total conversation, as the tradition want. But she was constantly complaining, very negative about everything new, always criticize the others about their life choices. Made the life of her daughter very poorly (last time when the daughter visited us she was so depressed and offended, so we was try to convince her that the suffering from the sickness is make her mother so heartless and she shouldn't take it personally). I don't think she was only bad, although my mom constantly remind us stories when she is treat other people unfair, but my mom love to dramatize everything. I'm kinda disappointed that I wasn't able to hear stories from the other, so to be able to remember her as a good person, as I believe she was. But can you imagine how sad is this, to be that kind of person where people don't truly suffer for you, but they are annoyed that you are messed up their plans?!

And this is something like ''A Christmas Carol'' for me, a note to live at a way that not make you a person for which no one will cry!!!

Now we are trying to figure out which rituals and traditions we have to follow. And the fact that she lives at other town make some mess up at the traditions. As she did not live in our house we are free to listen music (thank goodness). But as the bloodline connect us we shouldn't sew, knit, craft stuff, which mean back to searching for gifts . I think we will have to decorate later and more discreet, but as she was lived in different town we are allowed to do this, and also decoration is in glory of baby Jesus, so his needs beats the others. Also I can imagine what drama this will cost, as my sister come back especially for the holidays and she absolutely not respect the old traditions. I can smell all the conflicts that will become.
So as you can see I wasn't sure do and what I have to share. I don't want to make you sad, but also I'm not sure how to explain you my strange attitude in the future days if you don't know about all the traditions.

Chris, you really do too many things, I admire your initiative, but don't forget that holidays are for celebrating not duty!

Kay, the story for the gold pine cone tree is so special, I definitely want to see this on pic, please!

Trudy, it's just the pits to not have working modem! Hope this isn't problem for your Facetime with the kids!|

Aww, Nancy, I totally understand how frustrating is to not have captured important details of the wedding. Talk with the guests that are take phone pictures.

Trina, so sorry to hear for your injurity!

Cheryl, is that pregnant skeleton? I'm a little bit confused. The Christmas shopping app sounds awesome, thank you for sharing it, now I use this information with friends and will look smart!

Linda, can't wait to see your St. Augustine photos!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Boy am I late! It's 73 here and gorgeous so I've been outside working in the front garden. I worked in the back yesterday and harvested the last of my herbs. I have one huge bunch of brown mustard ready to grind and got two more huge bunches yesterday! I also got some more mint and cilantro. Today, I moved all the porch furniture and swept it off and then started cutting my Zebra Grass down. It said to cut it down to about 2". I got the most beautiful fluffy blooms off of it first. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it will make good wreath fillers and I'm sure Adrienne and Ava will want some. Mom used to grow gorgeous Pampas Grass and every year when she cut it to the ground, we all got a new "crop" of the beautiful blooms. I need to also cut my day lillies down as well as my hydrangeas. It's been so mild here that they don't look that bad. Well, the lillies do.

Chris @faerywings I knew you'd love the pics of Lexie and Tex. Haha They look so cute sitting on the front porch.

Let's see, what else have I done today? Wrapped a few gifts, worked on the tree, did 2 layouts for another CT. Really enjoyed being outside though. I sound REALLY energetic, don't I? I'm actually not - the sun is shining and my brain feels good, so that has given me some sense of energy, I think.

Kay @BrightEyes I am SO glad that Chuck won't have to go into the attic very many more times. I told him that all the Christmas stuff will NOT go back up there - it will go in the car and be taken to Adrienne's. The kids will go up there whenever I ask, but you know how we are - when we want something, we want it. Haha

I'm going to get off here and go see what end-of-month stuff I need to take care of.

Hugs all around.

tjscraps

I will take you up on that bubble wrap, and apparently sharp instruments need to be limited too. Tried to cut my fingertip off while making supper. That's 3 now though (accidents) so I should be good to go! I've had so much on my mind I guess I'm not paying attention. I need a day to just veg ... but 'tis the season to be busy, and add in extreme circumstances at work I'm not going to get one of those for awhile.

I do plan to take the evening off though - I have been working every night until 9 or 10 (from home, in front of the TV but not a real break). I will go in early tomorrow to get caught up (before everyone is there and starts interrupting me lol), but tonight is for SCRAPPING and relaxing.