Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, August 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yup, I had to double-check the date up there, time is acting very oddly. It has felt more like September the last couple of days but I refuse to give up one day of summer too soon.
Good news-- my finger finally stopped bleeding yesterday and I vacuumed for the first time in ages. I can't run the vacuum when the AC is running or I blow a fuse. So I had to choose between dog-fur-free-for-a-minute-carpets or DH-not-complaining-about-the-heat. I think I made a good choice ;)
Since I couldn't do any yardwork (figured best to keep my hand out of the dirt), I scrapped-- got two pages up yesterday. I also spent a ton of time on recipe blogs and Pinterest looking for dinner ideas. I pinned a few but nothing I am super-excited to try. Scott is going to a festival in Ohio tomorrow through Sunday or Monday so some of the meat options will wait until he is home. I found a recipe for BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese that I know he will want to try.

I am/was supposed to be going to BFFs today but she is having a really rough time, her mom went back in the hospital again. She was going to text me yesterday to let me know if we were still on, I offered to reschedule if it was too much to "host" me for the day. I haven't heard from her yet. I could also use some good thoughts/prayers for my sister-in-law. Her father has pancreatic cancer and is now in the hospice stage. She brought my niece to OK for Vet school the other day and I know it has to be incredibly hard for them all.

Thinking of you all! xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Hugs~~~~~~ sending love and strength and encouragement to you -- every day
I shouldn't laugh but Scott and I are ready to throw just about everything away. Cait and Gary are the hoarders. Gary will not throw *anything* away -- he always "might need it or a piece/part of it at some point." Caitlyn cannot throw away any of her stuffed animals if they have names. o_O
That will be a great thing to focus on, going to Iowa- ITA, get that paper chain out!!

@Cherylndesigns Only your fam could make Scattergories a battle game :D Well. Maybe my fam too. I love when we play that. Do you play Apples to Apples? If you don't, I think that is another one your family will enjoy.
So sorry to hear about your friend, I will have to pop over to FB to see if there is any news. *fingers and toes all crossed*

@taxed4ever Welcome back!!! The photos that you posted on FB were *AMAZING!* Youallooked happy and relaxed and busy with so many good things! You will have so many good things to scrap. I hope that your Gary is feeling lots better and that neither of you has Covid. The flights sound like a total nightmare. I guess it is a good thing I am not in the market to travel :)

@BrightEyes I am getting worried, you haven't been feeling "right" most of the month. I know you said you were due to see the Dr, maybe get in sooner? Dreaming of the snow-- that doesn't sound good to me. eep
Feel better!!

@pachimac yay, you got it! I love gifs and I can see that you do too hahaha!
Glad that Gadget is better, can you give him some boiled chicken and rice to help his tummy?
Good luck with the last year of homeschooling. Time really flies

@tanteva LOL! The "me all day cat" is how I feel 24/7

I am ROTFLMAO at the DH sleeping sagas. I used to be in the "must sleep next to each other" camp, even when Gary would snore. But his restless legs/body issues are so awful that I am relieved when he stays on the sofa. He gets full body spasms where he has to crack/snap his neck or legs or ankles non-stop. If he slept next to me when that is bad (often) I would have to kill him. JK. I think. LOL So him sleeping on the sofa saves our marriage and my freedom. Not to mention, I don't look good in orange.

PS: Heard from BFF, she says she isn't going to be good company but could use a distraction-- I am heading down there for a few hours.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Well DH is still off of work today, we will test again for Covid this morning #doctor. I need to know if I will be able to see my fellow hikers or not. I have a feeling that DH will test positive, he is very ill!! Neither of us had a very good sleep last night, he tossed and turned and coughed and sneezed all night and said that he kept hearing strange noises all night, like he had super sonic hearing LOL. Is that a Covid thing???? Who knows #dk. I got up for about an hour and came online to read some of what has been happening here at the O. I am having a hard time settling in here again, but I know once that I get a page or two done, it will be easier. It is supposed to be another very warm and sunny day here and I should get out and do some trimming of my rose bushes and pull some weeds before it gets too warm! I was also hoping to pop into my my brothers for a swim after our hike tomorrow as the temps are going to be in the 30's C. The river will be so refreshing and I would love to be able to have a visit with my brother and SIL!! Guess it will all be up to what the test says.

@faerywings - Summer does seem to be passing us by too darn quickly!! I can see that some of the maple trees around here are starting to show signs of starting to turn colour already. NOOOO say it isn't so!!! I feel like we got ripped off of summer here, because of the wet and cold July that we had. I am not ready for summer to be over! Glad to hear that your finger has finally stopped bleeding!! Ouch that must have really hurt cutting it like that! I hope that you find some great recipes to try, that BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese sounds pretty darn yummy! Sorry to hear that your BFF's mom is back in the hospital again, but glad that you will be with her to keep her mind from worrying too much! Also sad to hear that your SIL's Dad is in his final stage of life, that has to be so very hard to deal with! I will send them all some gentle hugs and love!

@LSlycord - Sending you lots of love today too, it will be so hard to send your daughter off to college, empty nest syndrome is hard to go through and I still feel it every time I say good-bye to our Son and Daughter! Takes a while to get back to our old routine, but you will be so very proud of your children and the great adults that they have become! That makes it a bit easier for sure!

@pachimac - Had to laugh over you being the snorer, guess I snore too, but DH used to blow the roof off of the bedroom with his snoring! Now he doesn't snore so much, I think its because he took off all that weight! 30lbs now and a better pillow with more neck support has really helped! Hooray I don't have to smother him in his sleep now!!

giphy.gif

@Cherylndesigns - So sad to hear about your friend in the hospital!! That is terrible that he is burned so badly! Sending healing vibes to him and his family! I hope that things improve for him and that one day he will be back to doing what he loves to do!

@BrightEyes - Yes I agree with Chris you have not been feeling well for some time now! Best make an appointment with your Doctor and find out what the heck is going on! We are all starting to worry about you!!

@tanteva - Ha, ha, love the cats and that is how I will be feeling most of the day today, yawning like the first kitty!!

@scrap-genie - Hi Jean!! I totally love your new siggie!! I need to work on a new one for myself!

Ok off to get some thing to eat for the sick guy! He probably won't want too much, then we better get this test over and done with! Have a great day everyone!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
It's so hot today! We had about 1 hr of rain & thunder, but now it's hot again. It's almost 6 pm, I hope it will get cooler soon.

Before the rain today, I went to the store to get zucchini (made a great soup for dinner today). Ran into some friends from the church at the parking lot, and witnessed something that will warm my heart forever. I think I told you about the woman who didn't recognize me at the funeral in June? Her and her husband was in that group I met today. The woman was the youth leader at church when I was a teen. A warm lovely woman, and her and her husband has always been my role models when it comes to marriage. Total love and dedication to eachother. The love and respect between them was (is) tangible.

Today, when we were talking, I saw how she walked over to her husband, and they were whispering a bit. I'm sure she was asking who I was, and he explained. I guess she recognize the people she meets regularly, but a heathen like me, that she hasn't met for a couple of years are forgotten. Then her husband told an anecdote about me from when I was a teen, a story he's told me before. But I realized, he wasn't telling us this, he was telling her. I'm sure this was a story they had talked about (it was about me, being the clown as always), and probably something they had laughed about before. It was such a powerful act of love, bringing tears to my eyes even now. Imagine the love he has for her! So many would give up on their partners, but he just goes on loving her. I'm gonna keep having them as my role models.

Love conquers all!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning lovelies.

I got up early today - so I'm on here early. Chris @faerywings glad your finger stopped bleeding and that you got to run the vacuum. Sounds like fun - not. LOL It's still hot here, but is starting to cool down just a tad. Our flowers and plants sure took a hit during the heat wave. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's father. That's a bad one and mostly incurable. My cousin actually had surgery - I guess only a very specific kind can be surgically removed. She's done pretty well for the last several years. It threw her, immediately, into diabetes, but she deals with it pretty well. It's just awful - in the pancreas. Hope you get to go to your BFF's today.

We got an update on our friend - he spiked a fever so he's back in danger again. They're looking at lots of skin grafts and a long road to recovery. I'm trying to keep updates on my FB page.

Yes, only yours and my fams could make a battle out of any game. We play very aggressively and when more than one gets the same answer, it cancels you out. We don't take that very well. LMAO We're loud under any conditions, though, so throw a game at us and the noise level goes way up.

Trudy @taxed4ever welcome back! Sorry to hear your Gary is so sick. Poor guy! Did you have smooth flights both ways? I though about you and have enjoyed seeing your fun family times on FB. Hope you get to hike soon.

I did a page for a pre-releasee last night and got it posted. Not much going on today - Adrienne will be wandering down soon and Ava is going to come over this afternoon.

HAGD everybody.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
It's so hot today! We had about 1 hr of rain & thunder, but now it's hot again. It's almost 6 pm, I hope it will get cooler soon.

Before the rain today, I went to the store to get zucchini (made a great soup for dinner today). Ran into some friends from the church at the parking lot, and witnessed something that will warm my heart forever. I think I told you about the woman who didn't recognize me at the funeral in June? Her and her husband was in that group I met today. The woman was the youth leader at church when I was a teen. A warm lovely woman, and her and her husband has always been my role models when it comes to marriage. Total love and dedication to eachother. The love and respect between them was (is) tangible.

Today, when we were talking, I saw how she walked over to her husband, and they were whispering a bit. I'm sure she was asking who I was, and he explained. I guess she recognize the people she meets regularly, but a heathen like me, that she hasn't met for a couple of years are forgotten. Then her husband told an anecdote about me from when I was a teen, a story he's told me before. But I realized, he wasn't telling us this, he was telling her. I'm sure this was a story they had talked about (it was about me, being the clown as always), and probably something they had laughed about before. It was such a powerful act of love, bringing tears to my eyes even now. Imagine the love he has for her! So many would give up on their partners, but he just goes on loving her. I'm gonna keep having them as my role models.

Love conquers all!
Eva, we cross posted. I just read your post and it warmed my heart, too. Thanks for sharing. ♥

LSlycord

Well...not quite good morning...but close. I'm on a lunch break. Thanks to all of you ladies who have continued to wish me well on this empty nest stuff. It really is harder than I thought it would be...I thought I could power through and power through I will...but it is darned difficult. I think that it is starting to hit Shaun pretty hard...he insisted that we need to go out to do something special tomorrow night since it will be Syd's last night at home.

@faerywings I sooooo loved the story about your mom leaving out the mug and spoon for your coffee. It made me feel so warm inside! Yes, the trip to Iowa to see my babies...because they are all my babies...no matter what their parents think...will give me some deep joy!

@taxed4ever love that you had such a good time with your family. And I can imagine how it must be hard each time they (or you) leave. But, the pride in them as adults must be pretty special I think.

@tanteva sorry about your heat wave. But just remember that it will be snow soon...nope...not helpful Linda. I do love the story of the couple that you saw today. Definitely love goals.

@Cherylndesigns it was only 69* when I got up yesterday morning. Sitting on the lanai, it was actually chilly. Of course, it got up into the 90's and this morning I stuck my head out at lunch and it was really hot! But, someday, it will cool down here too. I am praying for your friend. It sounds so serious.

I'll be back later. Going to get some lunch and then head back to work!

tanteva

Was it here someone said they watched Rescued by Rudy? That dog movie on Netflix? I'm thinking of watching it, but I need to know: is it a happy ending? I don't need you to tell me exactly what's happening, I just need to know if the dog dies or something. Cannot cope with sade endings!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Well DH tested positive for Covid #angry2 he is now banned from getting too close to me and I will be sleeping in another room. Not sure it will make much difference now but oh well it is what it is. I am still negative and sure hope to stay that way! However we will not be seeing anyone anytime soon. No hiking and no swimming at the river at my brothers house. Darn it!!

@tanteva - the story of the loving couple warmed my heart too! Thanks for sharing! Sorry I have not seen that movie, but I would not want to watch it if it has a sad ending either.

tanteva

Oh, no. @taxed4ever Can someone please tell the universe we've had enough of covid already! Hope you don't get it, and that your hubby gets well quickly. Weird about his hearing! When I had covid the first time, I could smell stuff that weren't there. Long time after too, like 8 months. It could be like someone was sitting next to me on the sofa smoking. Or as if someone was barbequeing meat inside. Super weird.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Someone help me. I am pigging out on homemade guacamole and touch of lime chips!! My SIL made some on Sunday and sent it home with us. I have weight to lose for our renewal of vows on October 2!! Why am I eating like a pig????

giphy.gif

scrap-genie

Someone help me. I am pigging out on homemade guacamole and touch of lime chips!! My SIL made some on Sunday and sent it home with us. I have weight to lose for our renewal of vows on October 2!! Why am I eating like a pig????

giphy.gif
If you find a fix, I could really use it too!!!! #dk

scrap-genie

I'm trying to read everyone's posts with shades under my glasses as I had an eye exam this afternoon and it takes me forever to get un-dilated. Good news is basically no news. At my age that's all I can hope for.

Trudy @taxed4ever I am so sorry about your DH's COVID! It is still possible you won't get it, fingers crossed on that. It's going to be hard for both of you even if you don't. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Going to give the eyes a break now. Wishing everyone a healthy day! (And, Kay @BrightEyes , I've got to agree with the others: see.your.doctor!)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am really late getting in here. I had to go to the base and pick up my meds... and went on over to the commissary/grocery there. I wore my mask the whole time. It wasn't busy at all.... but YIKES... the prices have really JUMPED! And spent more and got a lot less than the last time I went. But... it isn't just the commissary prices but all the grocery store prices that have shot up. I was dragging by the time I got back home. Put the frozen stuff away, toss fridge stuff in it, and then had to sit and rest. Will repackage the chicken and bacon tomorrow morning early when I don't feel so tired.

I got an appt with my primary care doc next Tuesday morning. Will see what she has to say.

Trudy, so sorry about your DH getting Covid.... hope you don't get it.

Need to go rest some more. CYL

Last edited:

LSlycord

@tanteva I recommended Rescued by Ruby and 100% happy! You will feel so good after watching...the ending is wonderful...and no deaths of any kind (which is my only spoiler alert)!

tanteva

@tanteva I recommended Rescued by Ruby and 100% happy! You will feel so good after watching...the ending is wonderful...and no deaths of any kind (which is my only spoiler alert)!
Thanks, I'll watch that then. I ended up watching Purple Hearts yesterday, that was a sweet movie. I can handle death, disaster, mayhem, slashing, whatever, as long as I get a good ending, and no animals dies. LOL