Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, April 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, O-Fam! I can't believe that it is almost the end of April and I am still waiting for the weather to get warm enough to be outside in short sleeves. Tomorrow should be a great day -near 80*- but then it is going to get chilly again. It was so sunny outside a little bit ago and now it's all grey. grr

You are going to laugh but I had a very peaceful and productive day yesterday. That is not the "funny" part- that is the reason *why* it felt so peaceful. Gary went down to Leah's to help Scott rewire a switch in the house and I had the house (Cait was home but was in meetings most of the day upstairs) to myself for a few hours! What a difference. I have no idea why it is like that but I got so much done. I cleaned the kitchen and the fridge, sorted out some canned goods, did the food shopping order, laundry, baked brownies, talked to my mom, prepped dinner- all before he got back home.

We spent a lot of time looking at computers too. I don't know what to do. I hate to spend so much money. I have it-- I have been putting aside any money I get for gifts over the last few years just for this kind of rainy day but when it comes down to it, I have a hard time parting with it. It becomes a security blanket for me. I know, I am strangeo_O

I had planned to do yard work this afternoon, but unless it dries up a bit I might just save it all for tomorrow.
I hope that you have a fab day! xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva You are back scrapping like you never stopped- are all of the tricks and skills coming back? The LOs are all fantastic. I LMBO over the one of you making a face :p Did you get that 4th one done before you have to be responsible and cook dinner?

@scrap-genie Congrats on the camera for your DH! I vote with both hands up that Rae and Nancy are the best influence. It is one more example of why I love being here every day. Sometimes I wonder if I should keep this up, the Daily Ooos, and then I see everyone here getting something really positive out of it. This group is the BEST!!! I hope it gets shipped so he can have it by his b-day. Bet you can't wait to try it out too!
I am so darn spoiled by the two monitor set up I have. (had. *cries* ) I would have ACDSee open on the second monitor and PS in the main one and just dragged everything over from one screen to the other.

@felis I love the idea of no-mow May but I would have the same issue with ticks. My lawn is basically dead but where it does grow is long enough where they will hang out.
Please don't take Eva's advice and stay away so long!

@Cherylndesigns I am so happy that you are feeling better! The party sounds like it was a blast- you must have been in heaven having everyone together. Poor Adrienne, hope that she isn't still sore anymore. Sounds like it is tough to get around in the camper. You are going to have the biggest happy dance party ever when you get your wifi. I bet I will be able to hear the bass all the way out here. :)

@taxed4ever As soon as I saw the bad mood and oven in the same paragraph I knew that the oven died again. OMG, what a mess!! What in the world are you going to do? Is there any recourse with the company? Between the floor and the oven you must want to torch your kitchen, in your mind of course.
Good to hear that you are having lots of fun with the silhouette!

@BrightEyes I was tired just from being with my parents for a few hours, it takes a lot out of you to be social after not having to be social for so long. Good for you to know when it is time to put the feet up. Has the BP been stable while you are scrapping?

Time to make sure that Caitlyn is up. xoxo

scrap-genie

It's partly sunny, warming up, but a bit windy & we are going birding! We saved the day hoping it would be good weather. Wanted to get together with my nephew, but he has other commitments, so we're going to one of our favorite spots that we really see any more. Yesterday we did a brief bit of birding and saw signs of migrants like a swift and swallows, so hope it'll be fun today.

Chris, @faerywings I think you underestimate the pleasure the Daily Os bring. When you can't open them, everyone is at a loss but wanting it there. And it is a great place for letting off steam! And sometimes we get lucky and Linda and Eva come back. ;)

Need to get ready, so see you later.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... In a bit better mood this morning! (sorry about yesterday's rant). It was good to vent though!! Lap swimming this morning should help put me in a better frame of mind too. I managed to get a page done in the afternoon and a bit of commenting, but need to catch up on so much more today. FIL and MIL will be stopping by today to pick up some wine that we made for them, so will most likely have a chat at the bottom of the driveway. MIL has great difficulty climbing the stairs, so we usually just talk a bit while she stays in the car. Not much else happening here today, so I will be a bit more social and start in on personals right away.

@faerywings - How lovely to have the house to yourself (sort of). I am sure Caitlyn was far too busy for you to even notice that she was around LOL. Glad that you enjoyed a bit of productive peacefulness! Isn't it amazing how much we can get done when no one else is around wanting anything ;). I hear ya about not wanting to part with all that money that you have been saving for so long! I sure as heck don't want to spend more money on yet another Wall Oven!! What happens if we do and the same thing happens to a new one???? (where is that darn gahhh smiley??). My Gary is going to pull the wall oven out once again and check the wiring, but really we should have an electrician come and check out the whole kitchen. That's my opinion anyway, because you know it couldn't possibly be that my DH wired the darn thing wrong when he installed it!! :rolleyes:. If he did then am I ever going to be hard to live with LOL. I hope you get to be outside in short sleeves tomorrow! We have cooler temps this week, but still not too bad and probably normal for this time of year! We did enjoy the warm temps last week though! I sure hope you can find a good computer system that won't break the bank and that you get to keep your two monitors also! I have two monitors and love it!!

@scrap-genie - What a great gift for your DH!! He will love it and yes Nancy and Rae are the best influence!! Have fun on your birding date today! I hope you get to see a ton of birds!! Cute that you saw the little bunny, we have many around here, but they don't usually stick around, there are far too many eagles, falcons and hawks here. Enjoy your day and I hope that the wind goes away!

@tanteva - Had to laugh about you not doing any cooking because you are so busy scrapping! I haven't had that much mojo for quite some time!

@felis - Let us know if you manage to get that small part of your garden to be the way you want it. Poor kitty, hope you managed to remove that darn tick! Sorry you are feeling bored with scrapping, I think a lot of us have lost the desire to do a lot of things! Covid has not helped any of us feel more productive.

@Cherylndesigns - Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Your poor daughter, I hope that she is ok and that she isn't too bruised and sore! Sure hope it doesn't take too much longer for them to get the WiFi done! Don't they know how much you are depending on them!!

@BrightEyes - I bet you are missing your sister and the late night talks! Thanks for the sympathy about my dam oven and the floors!! I wash the floors everyday, I don't think that they will ever be the same again. Oh well c'est la vie!

Ok better get busy and get the bed made before the Heather and the boys call! Wonder what kind of games we will play today? Hope all of you have a great day!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm having a blast here with scrapping again! Seems all skills aren't forgotten. Today I reminded myself on how to bend a photo. I have made all the challenges I can do. Will not buy any new supplies ... I have tons, and even though they are old, I can still use them. I might tweek the rules a bit for the 52 inspirations challenge .... I can interpret them as I want ... cuz I am the Queen. :D

We really need to hold on to our money right now. Thing is - the chimney sweeper firm has complained about our ladder on the roof for years. When corona made us stay at home last vacation, we decided to spend the money we would have spent on hotels and gas for our usual road trips on fixing the house. First thing we decided to do was to get a new ladder on the roof to the chimney. A friend came to help us .... and when he removed the tiles on the roof, he couldn't drill in the wood, it was so dry. Ended up with us having to get an entire new roof! House looks great, but it got way more expensive than just getting a new ladder. Now we pinch every penny to be able to pay back the extra loan ASAP.

On the plus side: I can scrap old photos from trips we've done before Corona ... it's almost like travelling again. Maybe maybe maybe we will be able to do some travelling again this summer. By the sound of it, it might be our turn to get the vaccine in late May/early June. Crossing my fingers, toes, ears and legs!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my lovey OOOOOOO's!!

It's SO good to feel good again! Today is even better than yesterday. That shot really took me down! Adrienne is VERY sore and stoved up and last night her hip looked terrible! I told her that I thought it was "localizing" - seems like anytime you fall, it takes the bruise a couple of days to "come together" and it looks worse before it looks better. That seemed to help her feel better. They're hoping to be in their house by June 1! We still walked yesterday - I've encouraged her to try to keep moving. We didn't walk fast, but she said it helped. The more you don't move, the stiffer you get.

We have NO idea when WIFI is coming but it can't be soon enough! If we get much wind/rain - those flags will be in the next county, so they better not mess around too long. What a PITA this has been - since December!!!

Chris @faerywings we had the best time at the cookout! Loud music, lots of adult beverages and food and cornhole. I had never played before and it was pretty funny. I finally hit the piece of wood. Hahaha Of course, NOBODY made fun of anybody. Ava took a picture of me looking over my shoulder like "what happened?" She says it's her new favorite picture of me. Haha They found out I love Bob Seger, so we had LOTS of him! Adrienne told everybody our "Bob Seger stories". He used to live about a mile from us in W. Bloomfield. We quite often saw him at the corner gas station/mini mart. I followed him home (chased) one day and Adrienne was with me. We almost made it until he opened the automatic gate and squeaked in and shut them in time. He turned around and blew us a kiss and laughed. He recognized me because I had a red Corvette.

Trudy @taxed4ever sorry I missed your rant yesterday. I love hearing other people's. I have enough of my own. How's the floor situation coming along? Speaking of floors, Chuck just came back up from the "community dumpster" and tracked white paint all over our dark wood floor. He said he knew he had it on him, but didn't realize it was on the BOTTOMS of his shoes. Somebody dumped a can of white paint by the dumpster and just left it there!!! I got the paint off his shoes immediately - it was water based, thankfully. I told him to get his jeans in the washer and now we're cleaning the floor. It's never a dull moment around here. He had on new high top tennis shoes. I think I got them cleaned off.

Eva @tanteva it's exciting to hear that you're digi scrapping again. Hopefully, it will come back to you. You might need to experiment a little, but if I don't know how to do something, I go to Rick Peterson's YouTube Channel. He's my PSE Guru!

Gotta go and make sure that paint's off the floor.

Waving to all.