Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, June 30

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey there, O-Fam!

I am so happy that the sun is out. heh, I am struggling to find something to say that isn't me b****-ing about some level of chaos in my life. #crazy

It's fine, just silly stuff. Instead of my parents coming up here today, I am going down to them. There aren't very many nicer restaurants up here that are open for lunch that also has flexibility in their menus that they can have prepared low-salt/potassium etc. There is a better selection near them and my dad isn't supposed to be in a car for too long as it is.
Gary's bullseye rash is finally starting to fade (did I tell you that he restarted his Lyme and babesia meds/got covid/had a really bad neuro Lyme reaction/stopped abx/got a bullseye on his leg last week?). He restarted just one of the abx on Monday, all fingers and toes are crossed that he doesn't get that reaction again.
Sam is staying with us for a week or so, her roommate has Covid for the second time in 6 months. Scott stayed with them when Cait and Gary were sick, it's the least we can do to help her out. In case you haven't noticed (as my friend across the street asked since she sees Sam's car here a lot *G*), Scott and Sam are together often. Can't say anything specific, but "watch this space." [eyebrow wiggle]
Yesterday when I was cleaning I knocked over a medieval-styled- pick ax, missed my feet thankfully. <~ this constitutes a good day for Faery Bwuhahahaha!!!!
Is it just me, because I am living it, or do you all have the same kooky type of days? The medieval ax part-- I am gonna go on a limb and say that's a "just me problem." :D:D:D

But the sun is shining and I will be alone for an hour and a half in the car. That's what I now call "Me Time."
HAGD too!!

LSlycord

Good morning. Quick one from me today. Just working, fixing supper and a little scrapping. Life is so exciting. A week from today we will be in Gainesville for Preview. Two days of getting acquainted with the UF campus. That part will be fun.

I got my Mixtiles. Syd got hers with just photos...I got mine of scrapbooking pages. I'm thinking that I will do a travel collage. 8x8 and really inexpensive. I'll get a photo tonight but I recommend them.

Got to get to work...only 2 more days this week. But who is counting? And @faerywings I'm glad that you didn't chop off your foot yesterday!

Catch you all later!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva the Oprah meme has me laughing all over again.

@taxed4ever Did you have a wonderful time hiking and get lots of pretty photos? I hope it rejuvenated you
Glad to hear that Heather is going to report those scammers.

@bcgal00 how different the weather patterns must be where you are now, no more "Wet Coast?" ;)
I have this image in my head of Remi going bonkers over chasing the ball., pouncing on it as it bounces away again. I am really happy that you and the family are acclimating so well to Kamloops. I am sure you have/always will have rough days but it looks pretty peaceful in between. xo

Caitlyn's boss dropped some hints about a potential job opening in November in the academic advisement dept (what she did for her internship) so she might have another opportunity or two at the school *fingers crossed some more*

@BrightEyes whew, happy that you were able to get back to sleep yesterday, 4 am is tooooo early
That is too bad that the plants at Lowe's weren't in good shape. Hope that it cools off a bit for you too. BP is still doing good?

@tanteva good luck working today and tomorrow. Do Swedes like iced coffee? I'd send ya some through the interwebs if it isn't considered sacrilege hah

@Cherylndesigns this month really flew by, didn't it? Is everyone back home that was gone last week?
What the heck? $10 for a tomato cage? Chicken wire and some marshmallow sticks from the dollar store would work.
Oh, I adore clematis, I have tried to grow some here, but I don't; get enough sun. There is a house up the street that has it climbing all over the mailbox, sooo pretty

hugs to you all!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Back to waking up way too early... 4:15 and wasn't able to fall back asleep. Will probably #sleeping this afternoon sometime. Yes, the BP is doing just fine so am relieved to not be having any lows since those episodes last week. I even stopped wearing my knee brace around the house but do put it on if I am going to be out and about or doing any cleaning, etc. Good thing I heard my neighbor out a few minutes ago... it is trash and recycling pickup this morning and I had to stop and run out and put the bins out. Forgot it was Thursday! Decided I am going to be lazy and lounge around in a caftan today. It is roomy and cool. Will need it as it will be getting back up into the low 90's.

Woozer, @faerywings! ! ! Cleaning for your neighbor and avoid getting hit with the medieval-styled- pick ax,! ! ! Glad it missed you. Sorry to hear that Gary is suffering with the bulleye rash again. You are so nice to have Sam over while Covid is going on at her place. Will wait to hear what might "be going on...." ;)

@LSlycord I can hear the excitement as Preview at college is getting closer. Glad you both got your orders from Mixtiles and you both are happy with them.

@Cherylndesigns that was a horrible price to pay for tomato cages!!! Sorry Amazon didn't come through with plants and seeds for you but glad you got a refund on them. Bet the ivy will look wonderful once it grows some. I never had good luck with growing clematis - hope you can get some and do well with it.

Need to check on last day of June stuff and make sure I am caught up them. I am more than ready for July to get here!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Woke up to a dog foot in my armpit this morning LOL. Remi was all stretched out around the pillow, on the back of my head and one foot was tucked into my armpit (my arm was stretched out straight and raised above my head).

Today Jen and I will go out to a local brewery to get some specialty beers for a friends b-day tomorrow. I got her a decorative beer sign, to go with the beer. Should be a fun day at their place tomorrow. I will get ingredients to put together a broccoli/bacon salad to bring along. Its fun going to their place and seeing all their animals and we get to bring the dogs along. They have a lot of property so there is a lot of room for all the animals.

I had a good sleep last night (for me) and slept for 5 hrs. That almost never happens.

I have to cut this short, I have a dog that is straining over the chair to get to me, to have some play time with me. She is softly whining at me LOL. Gotta go.

IMG_4097-2.JPG

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Chris @faerywings you just utterly crack me up - a prehistoric pickax??? Yes, girl, that's an "only you thing"! I don't see many of those hanging around in the houses I'm in. BWAHAHA That must be some place with all that kind of stuff. Thankfully you didn't drop it on your foot - that's where everything I drop lands! I'm sorry that Gary is having problems again. Poor guy - he always gets the worst end of it - probably because of his underlying condition. This new job that Cait got a bead on sounds interesting. So, Sam's back in (maybe)??? I'll stay tuned. I think I have the perfect sun location for Clematis when I get some. For now, I'll have to settle for ivy. It grows very fast I do know that.

Kay @BrightEyes and Chris @faerywings I told Chuck that before he ever paid that much for a tomatoe cage again, that we'd go in the woods and get some sticks and I have plenty of heavy string and we'd make our own!!! I still can't believe those things cost that much!!! I told him he'd better make sure they are usable next year - we'll store them down in the barn - those things are gold.

Kay @BrightEyes I've never grown Clematis before, so wish me luck. I just looked at a lot of climbing plants and decided that was what I wanted. I'd like some Morning Glory, too. My new arch is really big and wide and can easily accommodate both of them. Glad to hear your BP's back to normal. Try to take a nap today.

Everybody's back here except for Roger - he had to go back to work in Florida - Miami this time - they have airports at 3 different locations in FL. He's usually in West Palm. They also have an airport in Opalaca Florida. He's a busy guy.

Trudy @taxed4ever hope you have a nice day and hike.

I'd better scoot - last day of the month and all of that.

Hugs

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Woke up to a dog foot in my armpit this morning LOL. Remi was all stretched out around the pillow, on the back of my head and one foot was tucked into my armpit (my arm was stretched out straight and raised above my head).

Today Jen and I will go out to a local brewery to get some specialty beers for a friends b-day tomorrow. I got her a decorative beer sign, to go with the beer. Should be a fun day at their place tomorrow. I will get ingredients to put together a broccoli/bacon salad to bring along. Its fun going to their place and seeing all their animals and we get to bring the dogs along. They have a lot of property so there is a lot of room for all the animals.

I had a good sleep last night (for me) and slept for 5 hrs. That almost never happens.

I have to cut this short, I have a dog that is straining over the chair to get to me, to have some play time with me. She is soft whining at me LOL. Gotta go.

View attachment 375133
We cross posted, Rae. What an adorable picture - "I'm ready to play, Mom"! Glad you got "so much sleep" but a paw in your armpit? BWAHAHA

The beer sign and speciality beer somes cute (the sign) and the beer (yummy).

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Yikes!!! It's the last day of June???? How did that happen??? I need to do so many things here and am so far behind! Yesterday was a write off for trying to be on my computer. By the time I got back from the hike it was after 2pm. I was a bit stiff after our 8 km hike, so I decided to soak my bones in the jacuzzi tub for a bit. Then Heather's boys face timed with me and were very happy to have gotten the t-shirts that I sent to them. We chatted for quite a long time. Time to get supper going and then spent a nice time just relaxing and chatting with my Gary. It was a very good day! Today I am off to my Pam's with my other sister to celebrate Pam's birthday. So I need to be quick here, so I can get a few things completed here and then get ready to go. Another busy day LOL and I thought this week was going to be so quiet!

@faerywings - Sure glad you didn't cut your foot off with that axe while you were cleaning!! What an interesting place you clean at LOL. I hope that you have a great visit with your Mom and Dad today! It will be good to have at least a bit of alone time while you do your drive to their place. Enjoy your day together! Sorry that your Gary is going through all of this! It's always something right? Hugs to you both!

@BrightEyes - That is way too early to be up , sure hope you catch a nap at some point today! Glad to hear that your BP is staying normal! Good thing you heard the neighbour putting out the trash this morning! Enjoy your lounging, lazy day!

@bcgal00 - What cutie that Remi is! Sounds like you will be spending a great day at your friends tomorrow, hope you all have a wonderful time! Great gift giving too!! I bet she loves it! Craft beer is sure a big thing now!

@Cherylndesigns - I have three clematis bushes in my backyard and love them! They bloom at different times so there is lots of colour for quite awhile!
There are three categories of clematis – group 1, 2 or 3 – which require pruning at different times. If the label on your clematis doesn’t have class information or you just aren’t sure which class your clematis belongs to it’s easy to determine, just go by bloom times. Clematis that bloom in the spring are generally in Group 1, summer and fall bloomers in Group2 and repeat blooms belong in Group 3. But I am sure you probably know all of this LOL. I hope that yours does well!

Yes its time to do some catching up, so gotta run! Have a great day everyone! Happy last day of June!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
*tired*

Weird weather today. It was pouring down when I went to work. I entered the building 9.15 and all day people complained how hot it was. 6 pm when I leaved the building, it was so hot. Didn't need the jacket for sure. LOL

I've actually never tried ice coffee. Sounds weird to me, but I froze some coffee the other day. Saw that in a magazine - coffee ice cubes in a glass of milk. Thought I 'd try it a hot day. But it looks like the hot days are over for a while.

And: I think Scott & Sam seems like a good idea.....

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yikes!!! It's the last day of June???? How did that happen??? I need to do so many things here and am so far behind! Yesterday was a write off for trying to be on my computer. By the time I got back from the hike it was after 2pm. I was a bit stiff after our 8 km hike, so I decided to soak my bones in the jacuzzi tub for a bit. Then Heather's boys face timed with me and were very happy to have gotten the t-shirts that I sent to them. We chatted for quite a long time. Time to get supper going and then spent a nice time just relaxing and chatting with my Gary. It was a very good day! Today I am off to my Pam's with my other sister to celebrate Pam's birthday. So I need to be quick here, so I can get a few things completed here and then get ready to go. Another busy day LOL and I thought this week was going to be so quiet!

@faerywings - Sure glad you didn't cut your foot off with that axe while you were cleaning!! What an interesting place you clean at LOL. I hope that you have a great visit with your Mom and Dad today! It will be good to have at least a bit of alone time while you do your drive to their place. Enjoy your day together! Sorry that your Gary is going through all of this! It's always something right? Hugs to you both!

@BrightEyes - That is way too early to be up , sure hope you catch a nap at some point today! Glad to hear that your BP is staying normal! Good thing you heard the neighbour putting out the trash this morning! Enjoy your lounging, lazy day!

@bcgal00 - What cutie that Remi is! Sounds like you will be spending a great day at your friends tomorrow, hope you all have a wonderful time! Great gift giving too!! I bet she loves it! Craft beer is sure a big thing now!

@Cherylndesigns - I have three clematis bushes in my backyard and love them! They bloom at different times so there is lots of colour for quite awhile!
There are three categories of clematis – group 1, 2 or 3 – which require pruning at different times. If the label on your clematis doesn’t have class information or you just aren’t sure which class your clematis belongs to it’s easy to determine, just go by bloom times. Clematis that bloom in the spring are generally in Group 1, summer and fall bloomers in Group2 and repeat blooms belong in Group 3. But I am sure you probably know all of this LOL. I hope that yours does well!

Yes its time to do some catching up, so gotta run! Have a great day everyone! Happy last day of June!
Thanks so much for the information, Trudy! I didn't know that about Clematis and maybe I could plant from each group to have it booming all summer.