Oscraps

Daily Ooos: November 26-27: Weekend Edition

LSlycord

Ok...our beloved Chris is in Pennsylvania and I'm not sure that she has internet connectivity so I'm going to open this thread today. And I'm going to start it by congratulating @faerywings on her GSO for Play in the Snow! Beautiful layout and wonderful recognition!

We got the tree up and decorated yesterday. We have the inflatables out in the yard. We ate lots of leftovers and there are still lots of things remaining. We went down to St. Augustine last night with the girls and walked around in the lights. We had a good time and I was reminded that my walking has been quite limited. Had more than 8,000 steps in St. Augustine and I need to get back to that. When we got home, Shaun had the UF vs. FSU football game on and Syd and I stayed up to watch the outcome with him.

We may (or may not) go get a live tree for the lanai today. Sydney has laundry that she wants to get done. They plan to leave at 9:00 in the morning. I will miss her terribly but she will be home in 3 weeks for a 3 week stay so I should be able to tolerate that. LOL

Be back in a few minutes for personals.

LSlycord

@BrightEyes hope that you got some rest yesterday and that your arm is feeling better today.

@bcgal00 I hope that yesterday was every bit as good as it sounds! And D must feel good that people are still asking him to work, even if he has settled in to the retirement lifestyle.

@Cherylndesigns great news about Steph. Glad that she sees the surgeon while you are still there. Tuesday will be a tough day for you. I know that you are anxious to get back home but I also know that a part of your heart remains here in Florida with Steph and Asher.

@faerywings I hope that the getaway was lots of fun!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I forgot that Chris would be away this morning. Good thing you remembered @LSlycord and got the chat going.

I woke up to very heavy fog. Almost can't see across the street from us. Today and tomorrow it'll be in the 30's but then it'll start to drop to the teens or lower. I'm glad the warmer temps are going to last tomorrow so I won't freeze to death when I go downtown to see the parade. I just have to figure out where I can park. We're going to visit some friends for dinner today so I'll ask if they recommend anywhere to park.

We almost caught up on Quantum Leap and the finale is in January. We'll finish it tonight when we come home from dinner. It's been a fun show to watch. Next we'll binge The Old Man (espionage/CIA storyline).

I'm going to bake keto brownies to bring to dinner today. Other than that, no plans for today.

@LSlycord Enjoy all the leftovers.

I'm getting a coffee refill and will go feed the birds (as per Remi's whining and staring). She sure takes our jobs seriously :) HAGD everyone.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Lazy weekend here ... as always, I guess. I'm working on Thursday again, have to relax LOL

We are still watching Manifest, started on season 2 yesterday. Urban has worked today, and I've been scrapping. Haven't done any shopping this Black Friday. Many great deals, but I really need to save my money. It's really INSANE these days. It's a scare everytime you get inside a grocery store.

Black Friday sales has become a thing in Sweden the last couple of years, even though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Usually they call it "Black Week" and have some sort of "buy your Christmas gifts early idea" behind it. But I heard on the radio today that the sales this year had gone down 12% in comparison with last year. I'm soooooo glad we're not on the band wagon of buying Christmas gifts for far more than you can afford.

Also read that in schools they notice that the kids eat more at lunch (we have free school lunches in Sweden), even the food that usually isn't that popular, and that the waste is way less. Kids are hungry.

Well, wasn't I really cheery today?! LOL

tanteva

Guess I was a bit depressing - let me make it happier. Here's the layout I made for the multi-photo challenge, and then noticed the kit is no longer available. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I wanted to show it.

VeryMerryMerryChristmas.jpg
I used the Home 4 The Holidays collab. Translation of the journaling:
What I love most about Christmas is all the yummy things you eat, both food and candy. There are things you only are "allowed" to eat in December.

scrap-genie

Guess I was a bit depressing - let me make it happier. Here's the layout I made for the multi-photo challenge, and then noticed the kit is no longer available. I'm really happy with how it turned out, I wanted to show it.

View attachment 384202
I used the Home 4 The Holidays collab. Translation of the journaling:
What I love most about Christmas is all the yummy things you eat, both food and candy. There are things you only are "allowed" to eat in December.

Eva, it's beautiful! And that collab not being in the store makes no sense. Maybe send a query to Momma O about it?

tanteva

Eva, it's beautiful! And that collab not being in the store makes no sense. Maybe send a query to Momma O about it?
I don't know why some of the older collabs are gone from the store, but I'm sure Momma O has good reasons.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I packed away the fall decorations after Sis left to drive home yesterday. Ended up getting out a few Christmas decorations and putting them up in the living/dining room in the afternoon. I only planned on getting out the gold pinecone tree but the box it was in had 4 other boxes stacked on top of it.... so I decided to put out the 2 Santas and angels plus a couple of the wreaths as they were in the boxes I had to move. I took photos of them... then remembered this AM that the chip reader on DH's computer was not working. So had to move the ExHD over to my 'old' computer so I could use it to transfer the photos off the chip. After all that, I decided to make a LO with some of the photos. You can see it in my Gallery. Now I need to get off the computer and give my arm/hand a rest.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all. I saw Chris's GSO - big congrats to her!

Linda, sounds like you had a great time with Syd. Have you put a live tree on your lanai before? Just curious - of course, I've only lived in SWF and I wouldn't have done that. But it's hotter down here. We had a live tree when we first moved here a hundred years ago - inside in the AC and I said never again. It was a mess. We had needles everywhere and it seemed like for months. We drug it out the sliders (wrapped in a sheet) and still had them all over the lanai. Steph and I are sitting here laughing about that year right now. I just told her you were thinking about putting a live tree on your lanai. LOL

Yes, it will be sad to leave - you know my heart is in both places. I stand on the edge of two worlds at all times. I want to do an AJ page about standing in two worlds someday - if I can figure out what I want to do.

Cheers to all - hope you're recovering from your Thanksgiving comas - if you celebrated. I know I'm still full.

XOXO

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am here!! Thank you so much, @LSlycord for starting the thread.

Warning: If you thought I was date/day confusing before this weekend, just wait! Between Thanksgiving Day being here and that felt like a Saturday and then being in PA Friday/Saturday *not* Sunday--- *and* Scott working today, it feels like it is a Monday. I am sooo upside-down!! o_O:eek:o_O

We had a whirlwind of a trip to the lakehouse but it was perfect and exactly what we wanted. We left here at 3.30 pm on Friday and were back home at 6 pm yesterday. It was a lot of packing and organizing for such a short period of time away but it was 100% worth it. We reheated the Thanksgiving leftovers and then broke out the alcohol and Cards Against Humanity after dinner. Usually, the kids screen all of the extremely naughty cards from the deck (the ones you really shouldn't be saying in front of your kids/parents bwuahahah!!) but the last time they played with friends, they got mixed back in. We were dying, just from saying over and over " I can't read/play this card!"
Yesterday we played Rise of the Tribes, a tabletop strategy game, no alcohol needed for embarrassing topics in that one. ;)

Today I am unpacking and catching up on laundry. And that is about it. It was a really busy week and that is only going to speed up now that the Christmas season has started.

xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh, I guess I should mention the most important part of the trip was having Gary up there. It's really been such a long time and I know it meant a lot for each of us. ♥

@LSlycord Thank you for sharing the GSO!! Confession: I don't deserve it. The cluster/frame was from the kit-- allllll Vendula.
[ Winter Wonderland All in One natali desgns ]
I added the photo and recolored the word art. She deserves the credit. :)
It sounds like your house is looking festive! Bet it was a lot of fun decorating with everyone home. Does Gianna's (Jianna?) family do a lot of Christmas decorating?
Big hugs to you this morning as you send Syd back off to school, three weeks will go by very quickly

@Cherylndesigns I realized that I had to go back to Friday;'s thread-- I can't believe that you are heading home on Tuesday, that went by so fast. It's great news that she is able to get around a little better each day. I know that if she is even a fraction determined as her mama, she'll be ready to be on her own by Tues.

@bcgal00 I am LMBO every morning at how determined Remi is about feeding the birds, she really is a working dog at heart.
How was the parade? Wait-- rereads/calculates days- the parade is today. Have fun!!

@tanteva Three-day weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun) are a necessity when you work on Thursdays hahaha!!
I still don't know how I am going to do Christmas shopping with the prices so high. I cashed in a bunch of rewards cards so I have some Amazon points to spend but it sure is going to be tough. Food prices-- I hate even thinking about that.
I love the LO!
Can you use the kit anyway if it's retired (it shouldn't be and I agree, Ask Vicki!) I searched the shop for it just now, I must have done so before b/c the title auto-filled for me. But it's not anywhere. Sometimes a collab kit is in the Designers' category and not in the Shop by Category or vice versa. I looked in both and nope. If it was from a 12 Days/December Daily - it might not have made it to the shop as the full kit. Does that make sense?

@BrightEyes Did you have a great visit with your sister? I am sure that your house looks so festive!
So happy that you are almost back to your regular scrapping

@Cherylndesigns TY for the congrats-
I hope that you get an AJ page done on the 2 worlds, I bet you would do an incredible job and it would be a fab form of scrap therapy too

Hi @scrap-genie Are you and DH getting ready for the December bird count?

LSlycord

Good morning @faerywings. Welcome back! So glad that you were able to get away to the lake house with all four of you! I was thinking yesterday that I don't remember many times when Gary felt like going anywhere with you guys so that was really special!

Yesterday was spent decorating. @faerywings Jianna's family decorates a tree but she says that it is much smaller than ours (and I think ours is small here).

@Cherylndesigns we put a tree out on the lanai each year and it holds up until Christmas. The needles will be falling all over the floor by the time that we are done for sure. But we will pour water into it like crazy and it is the compromise that I make with the family so that I can have the artificial tree in the house. ;) The things that we do for the family! And maybe an AJ page when you get home and it seems more difficult than usual to have family split in two places.

The girls just left here so I am feeling sad. But Syd will be back in less than 3 weeks and Chris is so right...it will fly by.

@tanteva I love the layout. I struggle with multi photo layouts and this one is just so cute with all of that layering underneath!

@bcgal00 we enjoyed the leftovers but I am now ready for salads. LOL

@BrightEyes glad that you feel up to popping in on occasion.

@scrap-genie waving hi!

tanteva

I got my "revenge" with the layout - it got GSO at Just Art LOL Probably was Universe that deleted the kit from the store, since I was double-dipping. I used a template from another designer, and entered the layout to her monthly challenge (she allows double-dipping, not sure about the challenges here at the O). (Me been a CheeryO and should know? .... No, you must have mistaken me for someone else LOL)

The Advent time has officially begun. It's the first Sunday in Advent. I love this time of the year, more than the actual Christmas. The radio channel I prefer has started with their 100% Christmas songs period. Can't play when Urban is home (he would divorce me if he had to listen to Christmas songs 24/7 for weeks LOL). But when he's at work ... ***CHRISTMAS PARTY***

202111301143580.dancing-rudolph.gif

Only problem is ... there's so much yummy you absolutely NEED to eat this time of the year. I'm completely failing at my WeightWatching right now. LOL

afcbce1563ff3f5fad46f77baf55eb12.jpeg
Opened my first bag of yarn. Got 1 skein of a variegated yarn in blues & a glitter thread - really nice. Then some "plain" skeins, 2 green, 2 red, and 2 different blue ones. I'm gonna make me another hat of a pattern I've used in red. The pattern that I shared with you, @faerywings - this: https://www.hookedonhomemadehappiness.com/crochet-messy-bun-beanie-pattern/

BTW - never tried Cards Against Humanity, but it sounds fun. But I guess one would have to have friends to play with? #SocialButterfly

LSlycord

Good morning @faerywings. Welcome back! So glad that you were able to get away to the lake house with all four of you! I was thinking yesterday that I don't remember many times when Gary felt like going anywhere with you guys so that was really special!

Yesterday was spent decorating. @faerywings Jianna's family decorates a tree but she says that it is much smaller than ours (and I think ours is small here).

@Cherylndesigns we put a tree out on the lanai each year and it holds up until Christmas. The needles will be falling all over the floor by the time that we are done for sure. But we will pour water into it like crazy and it is the compromise that I make with the family so that I can have the artificial tree in the house. ;) The things that we do for the family! And maybe an AJ page when you get home and it seems more difficult than usual to have family split in two places.

The girls just left here so I am feeling sad. But Syd will be back in less than 3 weeks and Chris is so right...it will fly by.

@tanteva I love the layout. I struggle with multi photo layouts and this one is just so cute with all of that layering underneath! I love that you got a GSO on that!

@bcgal00 we enjoyed the leftovers but I am now ready for salads. LOL

@BrightEyes glad that you feel up to popping in on occasion.

@scrap-genie waving hi!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Welcome back @faerywings

We had a lovely dinner with friends and then came home to visit with Jen before we all called it a night. She leaves for Vancouver in an hour or so. The house is going to seem so quiet with her and Bella gone, until Wed or Thurs. I am going to see if I can find parking and take a few photos downtown during the Santa parade this afternoon. It's going to be cold and icy so if its too bad I won't walk around much. Don't want to fall with the camera.

@faerywings Sounds like a wonderful time with the family. You guys always have fun playing games.

@LSlycord Its nice to have the decorating done, isn't it? The time will fly by, then your daughter will be home for the holidays.

@tanteva Congrats on your GSO at Just Arts.

I'm getting coffee and getting on with my day. Remi is bugging me to go on the floor and do my stretches. She does not let me slack off LOL.

HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all. We are having a 'warming' trend... getting up into the mid-50's with partly cloudy skies. Nice to see the blue skies peeking through. Have been seeing a few hot air balloons up in early mornings and late afternoons. :) I have been enjoying the turkey dinner left-overs and no cooking. LOL Will finish packing up the turkey into small zip-bags to go into the freezer today and will enjoy the last piece of pumpkin pie. Must admit that this has been the easiest and most laid-back Thanksgiving in a few years. I was joking with Sis that I won't have to cook for Christmas as I will be sure to save at least 1 or 2 frozen meals from Thanksgiving. :D I may make another pumpkin pie but that should be it.

Have to admit that seeing the Christmas decorations in the living room - dining room brings a smile to my face each morning. Haven't started listening to Christmas music yet but am sure I will be hearing it when I go to the stores. It will be fun here when the Christmas event kicks off.

Glad you had a good time in PA @faerywings... and so glad Gary went and enjoyed it, too.

Can't believe you will be heading home @Cherylndesigns. So happy to hear your DD is recovering and you feel you can leave her. Yes, it is hard when part of the family is in different areas. Mine are scattered from east coast to west and in between.

@LSlycord I had to LOL over you putting a real Christmas tree on your lanai and an artificial one in the house. Yes, dealing with the pine needles from the real one for months afterwards is a PITA. We went to artificial one many years ago as all the needles dropped off the tree the week before Christmas (we were living in San Diego, CA and had a hot Santa Anna all month).

@tanteva Congrats on the GSO at JA on that LO... it is beautiful!!! Glad you are excited about Advent starting.

@bcgal00 You were smart to tell DH that the new town has less shopping that the big city. Enjoy the parade and be careful and don't fall.

It is great to do some personals but the hand is telling me it time to give it a rest. HAGD.

scrap-genie

I'm never feeling that chatty but even less so this last week. I had dental surgery Thursday, but it couldn't be completed as it went on so long, was painful, and my blood pressure went way up. This was with a periodontist who doesn't have all the equipment of an oral surgeon, so she made me an appointment for tomorrow morning with oral surgeons she works with. Meanwhile, the part she finished is coming along well but the tooth partially removed is sometimes annoying. Also haven't been able to eat normal food too much. Will be missing our normal Sunday popcorn today. More than you wanted to know! Not that bad really, but I don't deal well.

@faerywings so good you four got away to PA for a fun time. About the Christmas bird count, we retired a few years ago. The first year was hard to accept, but not doing all that walking in the cold/snow is now just a relief.

@LSlycord thought about you while watching the Florida-FSU game so cheered for your side. ;) Does Syd care about the football there?

@tanteva so glad that LO got the recognition it deserved. Love the latest with the Bohemian Waxwing. Are you just working Thursdays now? Once a week sounds pretty good. The first day of yarn bags makes me envious even though I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Running out of steam but waving HI to all!

tanteva

@tanteva so glad that LO got the recognition it deserved. Love the latest with the Bohemian Waxwing. Are you just working Thursdays now? Once a week sounds pretty good. The first day of yarn bags makes me envious even though I wouldn't know what to do with it.

It's not Thursdays every week. It all depends when I'm needed. So, Bohemian Waxwing, you say. In Swedish they are called "Sidensvans", which means Silk Tail. They're really beautiful, I hope we'll see them again this winter.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening girls. It's been a busy day - Asher left (boo hoo) to go back to his dad's. Good news is that he's going to be coming out again this summer for two weeks!!! I get him for 2 weeks. YAY. I hope they have that Ninja Warrior Camp again - I follow them on FB, so I'll be able to keep up with their schedule.

Chris @faerywings sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and how fun that Gary got to join you. Your games sound like so much fun. Chris, Linda @LSlycord and Kay @BrightEyes I agree with all of you - I can't believe that tomorrow is my last full day here. It sure has flown by and it's so hard to have family in more than one place. That makes the time spent together even more special - I have to look at it like that, anyway. Kay @BrightEyes I'm sure you do the same. My mom used to lament that us kids were scattered all over the country, too. When we lived in Michigan, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive to Indiana, but when we moved to FL it was a 19-hour drive. I always got home as often as possible while they were still with us, though.

Jean @scrap-genie it's so nice to see you in here - I hope to see you often.

Eva @tanteva, your post cracked me up.

I just got Steph's tree up and decorated. She loves it - I know it perked her up. We found some LED tree lights at Walmart and she really wanted them. I gave her my credit card and they arrived today!! They're so cool - came with a remote that changes the colors - I think there are 6 different colors and you can program them to change colors periodically if you want. She has them set on blue right now and they look so pretty. I might get some for myself. They plug into a USB cube (like the phone chargers) then into the wall. Quite a great idea for the tree.

Waving hello to Rae @bcgal.

giphy.gif