Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, November 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!
This week is gonna fly by, isn't it? Is everyone in the States ready for Thanksgiving? I was just explaining that so far for me, it looks fantastic. On paper. I have the next three days scheduled for what I am cooking and when. However-- I also know that the second it needs to go from Plan to Reality- all hell going to break loose. Thankfully, I am not cooking the turkey, my mom is doing that. Turkey is gross. My biggest challenge is to make sure I keep all of the non-vegan options separate from the regular ones.

I have to clean out my fridge/freezers a little more or I am not going to be able to fit the groceries/dishes in. A friend of ours gave us all of these jars of specialty pickles and they are still in there, no one is eating them. I should toss them, right? I don't like pickles so it's an easy decision, but the second I do that, the rest of the fam is going to be all up in arms over that. I literally have to wait until a cake is dried out and moldy before I throw it out or Scott has a conniption. LOL!!

I am plugging along with cleaning, Yesterday I dusted the DR area, plus washed all of the wine glasses. The kitchen island is still (mostly) clear!! It has to be a world record that it lasted this long. I guess it helps that no one has been around? ;)

Today is going to be more of the same. I wish it was warmer (*17*!!!!) cuz the dogs really need baths. I hate to do that when it's this cold.
Guess I should start my day. xoxo

20005030-283917063_47-s5-v1.png

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Do you all like my new Bitmoji? I got dressed up for the holidays -- I put earrings in. LOL

@LSlycord The emotions of seeing Caitklyn dressed up were strong, but what got me was when Gary came to the shop and the look on his face... We couldn't stop hugging each other. Our little girl!! ♥
No date is set but they are thinking Sept 2024. They want to make sure that they have enough saved so they have a good solid start. The plan is that they both live at home and save as much as they can. Then they want to live together for 6 months or so before the wedding, make sure it all works before it's too late. So I still have time with her here.

@vickyday and Linda, this year went by incredibly fast. When you realize that Covid has been around for three years in December, that seems astounding.
Thanks for the compliments on Caitlyn, she is *radiant* in the Dress. I wish I could share!!
I am glad that the headache finally went away. Stay healthy and I hope that Mark gets better too, the combo of flu/RSV/Colds/Covid seems to be kicking many people's butts right now. My FIL tested positive for Covid last Tuesday and still isn't feeling any better. :(

@BrightEyes I will never understand how one day the wifi and computer (and cellphone and every other electronic device!) connections work perfectly fine and the next day it all goes kablooey. Any luck figuring it out?

@bcgal00 Awwwwww!! What a great and sweet way to wake up, Remi kisses! Maybe not so much on your eyeballs but still ♥
You are so lucky that she doesn't kick you all night long, I always wonder where I get the bruises, then realize it's the dogs.
Sounds like you are on track for Christmas shopping - for yourself too! Enjoy the keto hot chocolate!

@Cherylndesigns I know it is all relative but 64*??? I WISH!!!! :D
Is Asher off from school all week (Think that is what you said?)? He seems like he is the typical growing boy, eats you out of house and home? You are going to have a good week with him

Hugs!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Going to be a busy and fun week. Sister will be here this afternoon and will spend the week with me. Doing a happy dance... tracing says all the books I ordered will be delivered today. We plan on picking up Mexican for my birthday dinner tomorrow. Will be cooking Wednesday - pumpkin pie, cornbread (for dressing) and Thursday will be cooking the turkey, dressing, gravy and the rest of the trimmings. Always love Friday and Saturday after T-day as it is no cooking - having leftovers. I probably won't be posting this week while Sis is visiting... So hope everyone who celebrates it has a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

LSlycord

Good morning. Have baked pumpkin bread and have towels in the dryer. Sydney and her roommate are on their way! I am like a little kid at Christmas...really and truly! I am so excited!

Yesterday was fun. We had a good time at the pie baking class. Syd's crust looked way better than mine and it was her first ever. The instructor asked if she had done it before and she said "No, not a pie crust. But she does (pointing at me) and I've learned everything I know about cooking from her." Shaun's spring roll was wrapped much better than mine as well. When I told him about the crust, he said "You are a really good cook. But your presentation needs work." LOL All true!

By the time that we got out of class, most of my drive home was in the dark. I never liked driving in the dark...I just don't see that well. And it sure hasn't improved with age! It may be about time to fix the cataracts. The eye doctor just keeps telling me that I will know when they are bad enough. :rolleyes:

I know that Syd has homework and I'm sure that Jianna does as well so I'm hoping that this week gives them time to relax and rest and do homework without stressing. No food prep for them. Just a good week. Before the chaos of projects due and finals!

@BrightEyes so excited for you to have this time with your sister. Your week sounds perfect! Stay healthy and have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

@tanteva happy, happy birthday to John! And to you because that C-section wouldn't have been easy!

@faerywings lovely bitmoji! The earrings are the perfect holiday touch! LOL And I can only imagine the look on Gary's face when he saw her. Ok...2024...I've got some time. Remember that line, because I feel like I might blink and we will be posting about the upcoming wedding! Oh my!

@vickyday glad that Mark doesn't have Covid. Praying that it doesn't turn into RSV and that you can get to your daughter's for Thanksgiving.

@bcgal00 the wake up call with Remi made me smile. I sometimes stay really still in the bed with my eyes closed because as soon as I open them, everyone jumps up and starts needing attention. LOL Hope that D can get the stove working. And sounds like the Christmas lights are totally ready to go!

@Cherylndesigns when we first moved here, Publix always had people making sample dishes with all of the food needed right beside them. I don't know how many times I made supper based on what Publix was demo'ing. I wish that they still did that. Last time I was in there, I had one cart so full that when they bagged the groceries, I had to have help getting to the car because I had two carts. LOL

Ok...I'm going to get upstairs and get cleaned up. Then I'll be ready when the girls get here in 45 minutes. Have a great day all.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!
This week is gonna fly by, isn't it? Is everyone in the States ready for Thanksgiving? I was just explaining that so far for me, it looks fantastic. On paper. I have the next three days scheduled for what I am cooking and when. However-- I also know that the second it needs to go from Plan to Reality- all hell going to break loose. Thankfully, I am not cooking the turkey, my mom is doing that. Turkey is gross. My biggest challenge is to make sure I keep all of the non-vegan options separate from the regular ones.

I have to clean out my fridge/freezers a little more or I am not going to be able to fit the groceries/dishes in. A friend of ours gave us all of these jars of specialty pickles and they are still in there, no one is eating them. I should toss them, right? I don't like pickles so it's an easy decision, but the second I do that, the rest of the fam is going to be all up in arms over that. I literally have to wait until a cake is dried out and moldy before I throw it out or Scott has a conniption. LOL!!

I am plugging along with cleaning, Yesterday I dusted the DR area, plus washed all of the wine glasses. The kitchen island is still (mostly) clear!! It has to be a world record that it lasted this long. I guess it helps that no one has been around? ;)

Today is going to be more of the same. I wish it was warmer (*17*!!!!) cuz the dogs really need baths. I hate to do that when it's this cold.
Guess I should start my day. xoxo

20005030-283917063_47-s5-v1.png
How about passing the pickles on to the friends and family who come for Thanksgiving?!
Mark is the same way! When I throw out leftovers I have to disguise them in the trash so he doesn't know about it, LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Do you all like my new Bitmoji? I got dressed up for the holidays -- I put earrings in. LOL

@LSlycord The emotions of seeing Caitklyn dressed up were strong, but what got me was when Gary came to the shop and the look on his face... We couldn't stop hugging each other. Our little girl!! ♥
No date is set but they are thinking Sept 2024. They want to make sure that they have enough saved so they have a good solid start. The plan is that they both live at home and save as much as they can. Then they want to live together for 6 months or so before the wedding, make sure it all works before it's too late. So I still have time with her here.

@vickyday and Linda, this year went by incredibly fast. When you realize that Covid has been around for three years in December, that seems astounding.
Thanks for the compliments on Caitlyn, she is *radiant* in the Dress. I wish I could share!!
I am glad that the headache finally went away. Stay healthy and I hope that Mark gets better too, the combo of flu/RSV/Colds/Covid seems to be kicking many people's butts right now. My FIL tested positive for Covid last Tuesday and still isn't feeling any better. :(

@BrightEyes I will never understand how one day the wifi and computer (and cellphone and every other electronic device!) connections work perfectly fine and the next day it all goes kablooey. Any luck figuring it out?

@bcgal00 Awwwwww!! What a great and sweet way to wake up, Remi kisses! Maybe not so much on your eyeballs but still ♥
You are so lucky that she doesn't kick you all night long, I always wonder where I get the bruises, then realize it's the dogs.
Sounds like you are on track for Christmas shopping - for yourself too! Enjoy the keto hot chocolate!

@Cherylndesigns I know it is all relative but 64*??? I WISH!!!! :D
Is Asher off from school all week (Think that is what you said?)? He seems like he is the typical growing boy, eats you out of house and home? You are going to have a good week with him

Hugs!
I remember our oldest (DD#1) getting married. Boy, oh Boy! The tears when we saw her in her dress! My husband put something in the bulletin the week she got married and then "tried" to read it to the congregation! He was choked up the whole time! I cried the whole time he was reading! When our third child married (DD#2) she bought the dress, grew out of it, came home one night and said, Dad, Brad and I want to get married tonight (Thursday)! Tim let Brad wear one of his suits (for the few pictures we took), Liz had her dress on (unzipped) and had her sister (DD#1) listening in on the cell phone to the "ceremony"! It all happened too quickly to get teary, LOL! :D Oh, the memories!

Mark stayed home from church yesterday, took a COVID test (negative) and had me stop and get DayQuil and NyQuil on the way home. He went to work today but wasn't feeling totally great! I think he should have stayed home to rest another day.......
My headache had subsided quite a bit by supper time Saturday. It never goes completely away. I have a slight one today but not the kind that keeps me down, LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Going to be a busy and fun week. Sister will be here this afternoon and will spend the week with me. Doing a happy dance... tracing says all the books I ordered will be delivered today. We plan on picking up Mexican for my birthday dinner tomorrow. Will be cooking Wednesday - pumpkin pie, cornbread (for dressing) and Thursday will be cooking the turkey, dressing, gravy and the rest of the trimmings. Always love Friday and Saturday after T-day as it is no cooking - having leftovers. I probably won't be posting this week while Sis is visiting... So hope everyone who celebrates it has a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Have a wonderful time with your sister, Kay! And Happy Thanksgiving to you! I love the not-having-to-cook leftovers, too! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving Week to those in the States!
I'm getting ready to go to the store for frozen veggies and a few other things. I won't be cooking the Thanksgiving meal, but I will be cooking a turkey today or tomorrow, so I want to get a few things for that. Mostly we will pick the meat off of the bone and freeze it, but you've got to have at least one hot turkey dinner off the bird, right?! ;)
I will be doing laundry and some light cleaning before we leave for my daughter's house Wednesday night or Thursday. Other than that, I'll be doing my challenge CT work and posting my daily gratitude pages! Oh, and finishing up Ilene's bucket hat I started yesterday.
Have a safe, healthy, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Jen took the day off work since it was going to be a slow day and they really didn't need her. We spent the afternoon together doing some Xmas shopping. We haven't been out together for months b/c she's been working so this was an unexpected girl's day together. We shopped for about 5 hrs and then got dinner to eat while we watched TWD pre-show and then the finale. By the time we finished it was 10ish so she took Bella and headed down to her apartment and then I went upstairs with the dogs to get ready for bed and put Taz's jammies on. I bought an oversized sweater for him for bedtime, so he's have a little more wiggle room. He loved it, he slept soundly.

Today we are going to pull the Xmas stuff out. I'll sort thru it tomorrow and pull out whatever I want to use but probably not much b/c I bought a lot of new stuff this year. D will put the tree up on Wed morning and then Jen and I will decorate it. I was going to wait until the wkend but she'll be working so it makes sense to do it now. Then she leaves next Sun morning for the week, to go to Vancouver so it'll be nice to have all the decorating done before she goes. D put up a new set of lights on the back porch and got the timer working so that's done too. I saw a coat I just loved and Jen and I both said at the same time that Bailey would have absolutely loved this as much as me. None in my size left though. I had not seen this anywhere else in the mall so I told Jen I was going to wander through the Bay looking everywhere in case there was one just randomly put down somewhere. I was about to give up and head out when I spotted it, draped over a rack, not on a hanger, just scrunched up and tossed. I ran to it, checked the size and went to the cashier. I love my pink tweed coat! I'll have to do a LO about it.

No surprise, Remi is pawing at me and whining. We went out and fed the birds but she wants me to go upstairs and shower, get dressed, etc and get on with my day. She is such a slave driver LOL. She sure loves a routine.

@faerywings It sure sounds like C and T have a good plan for their future. Such smart kids. I know you are very proud of C.

I don't have time for any more personals. Remi has pulled my decorative pillows off my chair and is staring at me. She needs to have some training and attention right now. Gotta go. HAGD everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Jen took the day off work since it was going to be a slow day and they really didn't need her. We spent the afternoon together doing some Xmas shopping. We haven't been out together for months b/c she's been working so this was an unexpected girl's day together. We shopped for about 5 hrs and then got dinner to eat while we watched TWD pre-show and then the finale. By the time we finished it was 10ish so she took Bella and headed down to her apartment and then I went upstairs with the dogs to get ready for bed and put Taz's jammies on. I bought an oversized sweater for him for bedtime, so he's have a little more wiggle room. He loved it, he slept soundly.

Today we are going to pull the Xmas stuff out. I'll sort thru it tomorrow and pull out whatever I want to use but probably not much b/c I bought a lot of new stuff this year. D will put the tree up on Wed morning and then Jen and I will decorate it. I was going to wait until the wkend but she'll be working so it makes sense to do it now. Then she leaves next Sun morning for the week, to go to Vancouver so it'll be nice to have all the decorating done before she goes. D put up a new set of lights on the back porch and got the timer working so that's done too. I saw a coat I just loved and Jen and I both said at the same time that Bailey would have absolutely loved this as much as me. None in my size left though. I had not seen this anywhere else in the mall so I told Jen I was going to wander through the Bay looking everywhere in case there was one just randomly put down somewhere. I was about to give up and head out when I spotted it, draped over a rack, not on a hanger, just scrunched up and tossed. I ran to it, checked the size and went to the cashier. I love my pink tweed coat! I'll have to do a LO about it.

No surprise, Remi is pawing at me and whining. We went out and fed the birds but she wants me to go upstairs and shower, get dressed, etc and get on with my day. She is such a slave driver LOL. She sure loves a routine.

@faerywings It sure sounds like C and T have a good plan for their future. Such smart kids. I know you are very proud of C.

I don't have time for any more personals. Remi has pulled my decorative pillows off my chair and is staring at me. She needs to have some training and attention right now. Gotta go. HAGD everyone.
WOOHOO! The coat was meant to be yours!!! Can't wait to see the LO you do with it! Glad you got some girls shopping time! Sounds like fun! Busy, Busy, Busy, you are! ;)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, lovelies,

It's 74 already - yay. I ended up walking again in the drizzle yesterday so I'm happy to see the sun. I took two walks today - the second one was my daily walk to the trash dumpster, and I made Asher go with me to help.

Tomorrow is Steph's visit to the doctor, so hopefully we'll know something after that. She's had a tough day, but I think she's feeling better this afternoon.

Chris @faerywings love your bitmoji! SO cute and fun. Yes, Asher's off all week and I told him maybe Wednesday I'd feel comfortable taking him out and leaving Steph alone. He's been busy Facetiming and gaming with his friends, anyway. That's really all he wants to do. I'm not sure how so many kids FT and game at the same time, but they do. Whenever I walk in his room- I'm sharing it while I'm here, he says "Cici, say hi to so and so". I wave and say hi. Haha

Linda @LSlycord I'm so happy for you - looking so forward to having the kids home. I'm sure youre as happy as a clam. No, Publix doesn't have the food demos anymore - I do remember that, though. Costco's the place to go to sample food. I've heard people say they go there to eat. LOL I'm sure you go to Costco, though - I miss that place, too.

Kay @BrightEyes how fun that your sister will be with you. Have a great time!

Eva @tanteva happy birthday to your son and have "birth" day to you. One of our friends recently brought me a nice bottle of my favorite wine on my dd's birthday. She said I gave birth to Adrienne, so I deserved a gift, too.

I'm gonna fun - I need to wrestle up something for dinner. Now that we have food, I have to cook. Haha

Hugs to everybody!!