Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, March 1 (2021!!)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We made it! I somehow survived Jan/Feb. although it feels a bit off-balance to realize that it has been a full year of March 2020 when so much of life seemed to stop. It has been a year to the day that haven't seen my family under "normal" circumstances. When you pull back a bit and think about a year, I dunno... it is a long time.
But yay for spring coming along in 3 weeks! *dances* Two weeks until Daylight Saving Time. (wish it would just stay on DST instead of this switching back and forth). It is chilly and rainy here-- but did notice what I wrote? Rainy. I will take rain over snow any day. Gary isn't as happy since he already had to pump the water out of the basement but at least he isn't out shoveling. Right? :D
I did end up spending most of the day in the kitchen. I cooked up the rice, made homemade burritos, Oreo Pudding, and corn casserole which tripped me up a bit because I didn't have any canned creamed corn so I had to make my own. Pro tip: If you ever need to sub homemade creamed corn in corn casserole, use extra milk and puree the corn a tiny bit. It was not as moist and had more corn kernels than usual. That is how I will make it if I need to next time.

Today is going to be my fight with online food shopping. I am dreading it already. I worked a bit on it yesterday and only cursed a few times. I have to catch up on a few things here for end/beginning of the month tasks. And I will keep crocheting the cat blanket I am making to donate.
One thing I am going to do is get some more coffee. I am really beat today.
Does anyone want a cup? *pours coffee and passes mugs through the monitor to everyone*

Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I am not sure if I want to hear more about your weather and ocean views or I want to yell shut up!! haha!! I am at the point in the winter when I see a TV show that takes place in FL or LA, I get kind of jealous. Kind of = A lot. :p

@felis Isn't that the truth? The more we think we know what to do about a situation, the more the dog will tell us that we are wrong. We spent the most time and money training Jaida and she is the most resistant stubborn dog we ever had. Middleton sounds like he is very active and strong so be careful, no more injuries and bruises for you.

@taxed4ever Hope that after all of the wine bottling you and your Gary did that you got to sit with a glass together at the end of the day. What changes are you going to do with the fireplace? I *really* hope that you and the family can travel this summer. I cannot imagine how hard it has to be.:(

@bcgal00 We never had a very young puppy- Ray, W, H all were between 6-7 months old when we rescued them. J was the youngest but was already 3 months so we didn't have to go through the worst of the constant supervision and bathroom trips. It is great that Remi is good in the crate, that is a lifesaver. Harley hated the crate and would freak out every time we put her in it. She would poop within minutes of going in, then kick it all over the place while crying and barking. Not fun. (but worth eventually!) Anyway, it sounds like she is on the right track and also sounds super smart so she will learn quickly. Must be hysterical watching her playing with Bella.

@Cherylndesigns how are you feeling today after that big shopping trip? Did you buy anything fun? Be careful with the bears, I am sure you already lock up your garbage but do that in case you aren't. And if you have a bear-proof garbage can, let me tell you from experience, they will still find a way to take off with it and open it up. We watched a bear run off with ours, then roll it back and forth and jump on it to make the lid pop off! Now we keep the can locked to the railing on the stairs. LOL
Please share pics of the elephant when you can!

LSlycord

Good morning lOvely ladies. Although I am getting it pretty easy right now with the weather, I have many, many years of being a Midwestern gal. And my mom always said,if we can make it until March, we will be through the worst of it. Even if something is bad, it won’t last. And so with that, I’m wishing you all an early spring.

@faerywings yes, I do love the salty smell of the ocean. We were over there a couple of times this weekend and it absolutely lifts my spirits.

@taxed4ever I need to hear more about this winemaking hobby. That sounds like so much fun! Do you but the grapes or do you grow them? Obviously, I know nothing.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! It is a rainy grey day, but the temps are nice and mild, so I might have to go for a walk in the rain today! I feel like I am getting very lazy and I really wish my hiking group was allowed to be together again! My fav time of the year to do some great hikes is in the spring, so hopefully once we all get vaccinated we will be allowed to get together again. Who knows?? I have all my housework to do today, yesterday was spent doing other things so nothing but the laundry got done. Shouldn't take me too long, after all there is just the two of us and my DH is a neat freak so the house really doesn't get that messy or dirty. Still the bathrooms need a cleaning and the floors need a vacuum. We are humming and hawwing over what to do with the fireplace, we really would like to change the tile on it and brighten it up. It was built rather oddly and is in a corner, but not even on both sides, so we would like to change that and get a proper looking mantle put on it. Anyway that is our next project, however DH was also looking at some flooring and back splash option while we were in Home Depot, so you never know what will be happening next weekend LOL.

@faerywings - Chris you are right, we made it through Jan/Feb and now the hope of a new beginning and new growth! Let's hope it all happens soon! It really is hard to believe that all of this Covid crap started really happening a year ago already! How many have lost their loved ones and how many families have been torn apart, lost their jobs, homeless and so much more! This really has been the year from HELL!! Our family has so much to be grateful for, no one has gotten sick yet and although we can't be together, at least we know that everyone is still healthy and relatively happy! I spent a lot of time in my kitchen also and made a new Keto dish - Protein noodle lasagna, in my instapot, it was so good!! The time for it to cook was fast only 10 minutes, but the prepping of all the layers took more time than I thought it would. Oh well next time I make it I will be faster at it. Yes DH and I sat down after supper and enjoyed a glass of his wine on the front porch with the propane heater going, it was so nice to sit outside! (sorry I know you don't want to hear that LOL).

@LSlycord - Saw your sunrise photo on facebook, it is gorgeous and yes you should have that one framed! My Mother used to say the same that if can make it through January we will be ok! January always was a long hard month! Our winemaking hobby has been going on for years and years LOL. we do love our wine! We buy wine kits from a local place here called McBarleys https://www.mcbarleys.com/. You can either make and bottle your own or they will make it for you and you have to bottle at their place of business. So much less expensive than buying in the liquor store . Works out to be about $2 a bottle when all is said and done. My Gary makes really good wine, and we usually share half the finished product with his parents. (they pay for half also). MIL says his wine is better than any she has had from the stores, but then she might be a bit biased LOL. It's a fun hobby and we always listen to great music while we do the bottling, its a fun way to spend the time together.

Ok I have lots to do today in the way of housework and here at the O. Better hit the shower and get on with the day! Have a great Monday everyone!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening my lovelies. We JUST returned home from Braden's Induction into The National Honor Society!! We're SO proud of him!! The teacher who's in charge of NHS said this was ESPECIALLY important to have achieved this level of success during the pandemic! Braden is playing football, on the debate team and has a 4.0 GPA!! The school he attends has raised their level of admittance from a 3.0 to 3.5! He's such a cool kid - he was like "oh thanks - it was nothing". Of course we took lots of pictures which I haven't looked at yet, but hope I/we got some great ones. The school is always even more impressed when not only the parents come, but also the grandparents. My Son-in-Law is in Florida working, so I was glad Chuck could go for him.

@faerywings we literally shopped til we dropped Saturday! I did get a few things - I love $5 and Below and found some pajamas in there and they're perfect. I can't stand tight clothes, especially to sleep in, so these really fit the bill. I also found two really perfect sized storage baskets in my "pinky-beige" color. They were even lined. I found the cutest "Kitchen Rules" sign in Michael's and it looks SO cute hanging in my kitchen - the sign is red and my accent colors are red, also. It just makes me happy to see it. I'll definitely show you my elephant if I ever get it done.

We went to The Boot Barn - I'm still looking for a second pair of cowboy boots. I found a pair that I fell in love with and of course they didn't have them in my size. They even looked to see if they could order more, but couldn't. Just my luck. I did buy a BIG boot jack though. I had a small one, but wanted a bit one like the one I had years ago, from Texas. This one is identical to my old one and I don't have to stand and try to balance on one foot while I'm using it. Haha

My dd and gd leave for Michigan on Wednesday night to visit our new grandbaby - I wish I could go with them, but I'm just still afraid to get on a plane. They're both had Covid (in Florida) and have their antibodies checked and they supposedly have the immunity. I sure hope so. We're still trying to get the vaccine. Hopefully by the time we get it, we'll only need one shot.

Oh, @faerywings we have a new Bat Signal. Ava made us a new Family Group Chat - called "Cici The Dictator" (that's what they call me.) ROTFLMBO See attachment.

Attachments

• Cici The Dictator.jpg
    Cici The Dictator.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 6

nancyr

good evening - Yea we have made it to March! So sorry I have been absent but wow that second Covid shot was worse than I thought it would be. There were chills and aches and I was so tired. I did not feel right until Sunday. I went for my 6 month visit with the GP and he said he had the same thing. He also had no problem with flying come May as he is doing it too! That made me feel much better. My blood pressure was fine but as always watch the weight. I swear I try but I think I have no metabolism. Luther and I had a great walk this afternoon. The rain had stopped, the sun came out and then the wind started up. We might get wind gusts of 50mph. I really don't like wind. We had a lot of rain on the weekend and the river is very high with the rain and the snow melt as the temps were above freezing. Tonight it should get cold again. Not much else going on. Have another Dr. appointment tomorrow am to check to make sure that I have no signs of skin cancer. Too much time in the sun as a kid in AZ with no sunscreen. My poor Devils lost both games this weekend to the Capitals. Sometimes they looked good and sometimes they looked like a young team that needs practice. They play tomorrow against another good team the Islanders. Oh well.

@faerywings Chris I cant believe it has been a year of Covid. But now with the J&J vaccine I feel there is going to be progress! Hope the food ordering went well! Your dinner sounded really good. One of the recipes for this week was chocolate chipotle chili. It was really good. It can even be made vegetarian. I cant wait for DST! And it should stay year round.

@taxed4ever Trudy I cannot believe how you all are always doing these projects. We have a brick fireplace and it was painted off white before we bought the house. I always wished they have left it as real brick. I just have never figured out how to take all that paint off safely. Good luck with yours.

@bcgal00 Rae I keep seeing the photos of that sweet puppy. I imagine there will be sleepless nights. So cute! How is Taz doing?

@LSlycord Hi it is hard to hear your weather is so nice. However I am hearing birds so I know spring is close!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl how fun to shop and find what you wanted! Sorry about the boots. Congrats to Braden on NHS induction. That is awesome. It is a real accomplishment! How nice that your DD and gD get to visit the new baby. One of my girlfriends said one of her friends has had to fly twice during the pandemic and she has never seen planes so clean and the flight attendants constantly gave out wipes and masks if needed.

Waving to all!