Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 8

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
uggggghhhhhhhh I am hating this weather. Not the temps, that isn't the problem but the lack of rain. :( I want to be outside doing things but unless I want to rake the leaves dropping from the trees there isn't much to do. It *might* rain tomorrow night or Wed. Any of the "passing showers" the past few days have passed us by. It's just frustrating to be stuck inside while trying to not freak out over the electric bill. I turned the AC off this morning, Gary stuck his head outside and said-- nope! He has a chronic pneumonia condition that makes it hard for him to breathe in the humidity. So I am stuck listening to the AC units humming and buzzing and it is starting to drive me up a wall.

Ok, enough of that, Faery.

My parents popped up yesterday, they missed the kids. Scott was able to switch his 30-minute break around and stopped in to see them too. That makes my parents happy. My mom is looking so much better. My dad's hip, however, is still very painful but only in the motion of going up stairs. I suggested that he call the Dr and get it x-rayed to make sure that the joint is healing properly, that is something that should be looked at sooner than later. (So said Dr. Faery with her non-medical license LOL) It will be two months post-surgery tomorrow. IMHO, I feel like pain (not stiff/sore) in only one area/range of motion feels wrong.
I did a bit of scrapping yesterday too. I made a page with a bright pink color palette that is so outside of my norm but it was fun to change it up.

Today I am going to be working on my food shopping list and searching out budget-friendly meals. Scrapping a bit. Caitlyn goes back to work today, she had off all last week. Poor Scott has to be out in the mucky weather for 10 hours. I should go make sure Cait is out of bed -- TTYS!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
She can sleep until 9, she goes in very late today. She is happy about that :D

@Betty Jo I wish I knew how to get around that self-doubt. It is frustrating how often I tell myself "I told you so." ha!!
ROTFLMAO about the packing cubes!! Maybe they will come in time and Rae can squish you in there :D:D:D
So sorry that your friend passed away, it is hard when you lose touch but wonderful to focus on the good memories you had with her.
Happy birthday to your DS! Hope he enjoys his root beer floats and lots of family laughter

@BrightEyes Do you think you should talk to your Dr about your BP being so wonky? It does seem to coincide with stress/ overwork but you want to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Just keep an eye on it...
That is a bummer about the SD card, I bet you can't wait to scrap those pictures.

@bcgal00 Enjoy your break from scrapping-- save up all of the mojo for when you get home from the cruise!!
You know me, I live for lists- good luck getting everything packed and crossed off of yours. I bet Jen's pink hair is awesome!

@Amandajk
Noooooo- oh the poor kids, seeing the pool but not being able to swim. My nephew goes down the shore but always prefers to swim in the pool than in the ocean, he would have been bummed. The park sounds incredible, in spite of the rain. Sounds like you guys did a lot of fun things and now you have a reason to go back again -- LOL at having to climb on the carousel horses! The last time I was on one, I gave up and sat in one of the benches

@Cherylndesigns made it undet the wire! hope you are sleeping well right now

hugs!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping just long enough to check on my challenge and say I'm okay. BP is back up to normal this morning. It was low most of yesterday so I just read and relaxed most of the day. I did have to go out and cut one of the branches off the plum tree.... it broke even more and was trailing on the ground. Then I pulled all the plums off of it.... 20 lbs of them!!! No wonder that the branch broke! They will ripen over the next week even off the tree. I bagged up a couple of bags for the neighbors and some for the RH gals who will be here for lunch tomorrow.

@faerywings Yes, I will be talking to my primary care doctor about the BP swings soon. It is time for my yearly check-up...once she is back from vacation. I have my mammo on Wednesday then will set up an appt with the doctor. I need a refill on the BP meds but have a feeling that she may change/adjust the dosage on it.

You are right about encouraging your dad to have his hip looked at... and glad to hear your mom is looking/feeling better. Sorry that Gary's breathing is affected badly by high humidity and needs to have the A/C on most of the time.

Boy, talk about rain... we had a huge thunder/lightening storm early this morning... it woke me up at 3AM... I drifted back to sleep then had a nightmare and woke myself up trying to scream at 5AM. Can't remember what the nightmare was about - just that I was making moaning noises. It is still overcast so we might get more rain today. Better get my shower as I don't like to take one when there is lightening going on. CYL

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu

This is my favorite of her recipes:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Yesterday was a quiet day other than popping out for groceries. It was in the 90's and the car was almost 100 when I first got in. Yikes. I ordered a small set of packing cubes from Bed Bath & Beyond and can pick them up today. Of course, when I looked at my amazon app it said my cubes are finally coming today. So now I'll have more than I need but now I'll have enough for everyone to use LOL.

So @Betty Jo get those limbs limbered up to climb inside a cube, looks like you are coming with us :) The biggest cube is 15 x 15, that's biggest enough for you, right :)

I will stock up on dog treats today since I'll be in the area picking up the packing cubes I ordered online. I need to make sure I have enough treats for the dogs for the week (for the kennel). If the ranch has the paperwork ready, we will head out to WA on Wed or Thurs to meet the buyer and transfer over the trailer to him. We'll just go for the day, Jen will watch the dogs. It'll be a long day with about 8 hrs of driving but at least it'll be done, no more trailer.

Busy week ahead. It'll be hot so I'll be in the pool.

@faerywings Hope your dad gets checked out. Cheap meals...throw some stuff into a crockpot or IP and make soup/stew.

@BrightEyes Glad your BP is ok. You sure are getting a lot of plums from your tree.

I'm hopping in the shower and want to get out to run my errands soon. BFN

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello!

I made it before midnight today. Chris @faerywings I DID make it yesterday by the skin of my teeth.) Yesterday was SO busy - Adrienne, Ava and I decided to go to lunch. We got highjacked by the whole family to all go to Nancy's together. We had a lot of people in our party and the place was packed with the after-church bunch. We were there forever, but it's always good eats at Nancy's.

Then, Adrienne, Ava and I headed into town. We went to our favorite local department store - this was tax free weekend, so it was packed with back-to-school shoppers. I got a pair of cozy sweatpants - they were on clearance so I HAD to have them. LOL They actually match a hooded, long sweatshirt I got there awhile ago. It will make a cute outfit when the weather turns cold. Then, Ava said there was a new boutique in town and it was open on Sunday so we headed there. I found the cutest handmade bag for my plastic bags. I think we were all talking about these once upon a time. You stuff the plastic bags in the top and pull them out at the bottom. I had to get it for old time's sake. It's red and white checked. I bought THE cutest denim jacket!! It's coral and distressed and fit like it was made for me. I wore it last night to family dinner and Chuck and Roger both asked me if I got it 50% off because it has rips in in. They're SO funny and alike. Alyssa has a new bf and Ava's bf were both there, too and Roger's gd is still here. We had a big table full.

Aren't you glad my chatty self is back??? Chris @faerywings sorry your dad stlll has so much pain. That doesn't sound right to me. Discomfort is one thing, but pain is something else. I still have discomfort in my shoulder if I do too much, but no real "pain". He really needs to go have it looked at. Glad youf mom looks good, though and I'm sure seeing you and the kids makes them so happy. We got about an hour of decent rain today - we could use more, though. I got out yesterday (between meals) and picked some more herbs and dehydrated them until about midnight last night. It smells so good in the kitchen.

Kay @BrightEyes glad to hear that you're going to get your bp checked, too. You've been having too many ups and downs. Do you take bp meds? If so, maybe you need them adjusted. Glad you're going to see your dr soon.

Rae @bcgal00 I'm sure you're all getting excited! I know you're all looking so forward to your get away. You certainly need it.

Betty Joe @Betty Jo I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. You didn't need that on top of all the other things you've been dealing with.

I'm going to go and see what I need to do on the board. I managed to get one layout done - I worked on it off and on all day yesterday and finished it last night - for Karen S. Use It All Challenge.

Happy Monday all.

LSlycord

A quick one from me. Since I didn't make it in yesterday, and who knows how today will turn out...I'll catch up here for now.

@BrightEyes glad that the relaxing is getting your BP back to where it needs to be. It will be very good to get the doctor's insights however.

@Cherylndesigns I'm glad that your chatty self is back! You are such a ball of energy...I feel like a tortoise compared to your hare!

@bcgal00 are you counting sleeps yet? I can't wait to hear all about that trip. Alaska is a bucket list item for me!

@faerywings glad that the kids got to see your parents. That was so sweet of Scott to rearrange his break so that he could see them.

@tanteva hope you get out of the doldrums soon...and take me with you!