Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, April 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunny Monday! Sunny but cold, I should add. Did everyone have a nice weekend? Mine was 50/50. Sat was great, Sunday not so much. But my computer and I-- we lived to fight another day. If only my computer would not fight *me.* Hmmmph. It has been an adjustment to only have the one monitor but that is the least of my worries- now that darn thing is rebooting itself. Just because. ugh.
Gary and I spent some time looking at new ones and that gives me such a headache. He makes all of these suggestions and I look at him and say huh?........ My goodness, I hate how computers and electronics seem to run our lives but ya can't live with them and sure as heck can't live without them.

I have no idea what I am doing today. I have so much stuff only list, but my biggest focus is going to be getting the online food order finished up while I can. I also need to go through my refrigerator and start tossing stuff that has been shoved to the back and is no unidentifiable. My friend dropped off some food for us again last night and I asked her if she still wanted me to clean, that next week my family will be fully vax'd. Talk about being excited- she was thrilled! She and her older DD are fully vax'd and the two younger ones are at school in the mornings so I will be good to go. Never thought I would be happy to clean again. OTOH-- I had a feeling that she would be pretty excited for me to come back and she was.

That is about it from me, I am going to sign off and try to figure out what to do. First I am going to do some quick personals.

HAGD!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I am so sorry that you are still feeling so many after-effects from COVID. I think most of us have gained weight this past year. I have but am trying to get myself a bit more active being outside.

@Cherylndesigns Caitlyn asked me if I wanted to go to TJ MAXX in town yesterday- literally a 5-minute trip- and I shouted "I'm driving!!!" We made it home - no accidents. ;)
Are you feeling better today? Hope so-- lots of fluids if not.

Hugs to all of you!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, I was supposed to do a lot of things today ... but it seems I've rediscovered digiscrapping. LOL
At least I did eat my lunch - major victory, I always forget to eat lunch - and I have a load of wash going.
Hubby will be so happy when I tell him - no dinner, but I've made 3 layouts. LOL

No, I'm going to make dinner. A veggie casserole & fry up some vegetarian sausages.
We've been (me & hubby, not John) vegetarians now for ... I think 6 years.

If I hurry ... there might be time to make a 4th layout before I need to start cooking. :p

scrap-genie

Last week the snow did disappear and we started seeing a very small bunny in the yard. Today is sunny and chilly but tomorrow may get to 80 again. I don't know if Rae @bcgal00 and Nancy @nancyr are a bad influence or the very best ;) I looked into their Nikon P1000 and thought it would be the perfect birthday present for my DH, well except for the price. He currently has an old Rebel and an ever older telephoto lens and doesn't do much with it. Well, I told him what I thought and about bowled him over. He looked into it plus places and prices and then decided maybe I should order one for him. So I did! Just hope it will really come before his birthday in June. He was very happy that I wanted it for him. Of course I'd use it too. :D It will definitely give him something to learn new things with and lots of trying it out.

Chris @faerywings so sorry about computer woes!!! Afraid I don't know any more than you do about things. Given the small screen I work with I can hardly image your two big monitors - must be wonderful. So laptop may not be a good option.

Eva @tanteva you've turned into a scrapping whiz! I can hardly believe all the LOs you've gotten done. Thanks for sharing the new cats. I hesitate to ask why one is called Discord. Hope your COVID symptoms are soon totally gone and the weight too. I've regained some during this time but somehow DH has lost some. I guess I've been starving him. :eek:

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns Don't think I got to comment on your beautiful hair. Sure looks wonderful. Hope your reaction to the 2nd shot is over with! Not fun time. And also hope the wi-fi is there SOON.

Hope it's the start of a beautiful week folks.

tanteva

Thanks for sharing the new cats. I hesitate to ask why one is called Discord.
He's named after one of the "villains" in My Little Pony. I put villain in ""s, cuz noones really bad in MLP. :)

felis

Felis @felis - Alzheimers Research is very near and dear to us. My mom and my grandma (her mom) both had it and we're all terrified that we'll get it. There are 4 of us kids and so far, so good. My youngest daughter, Stephanie (in the latest pictures) works for Alzheimers Research and related neurological diseases (like Parkinson's, too). She posts a lot about Alzheimer's. Her user name on IG is @stephb35. If you'd like to follow her, I'll let her know to accept your request. Her posts are private. She posts some very informative things.
Sure I want! Please tell her, I love passionate people! It's not exactly at the mental care field I'm usually follow, but it's also interesting for me.

felis

Hello girls!
I was came to talk about that at the weekend, but you knows me, news for lost pets always leaves me breathless and I ended distracted.
So Nancy @nancyr and these of you that have wild flowers in their garden may be will have interest to learn about 'No Mow May'. So basically, you just choose some place at your yard where you have wild weeds and left it unmow for May to have where all pollinators to eat. And the dandelions are one of the preferred kinds.

I definitely want to try this, at least in some small square! But will see how it will turn, as from the other side, being cat foster home I have to follow some procedures against ticks and fleas. Today one of my boys came with a huge tick on his head. This rainy wet weather is they favorite time. So I had no other choice, except to mow and treat with spray the yard. Not much fun, as I almost was finished my not mow April. :p LOL! But for now I managed to left small part wildflowers for the bees :cool:. I'm so tired, after spent the whole day outside!

Ok, I had to go for a while.

Chris, I'm sorry that you will have to replace your computer! It's never the right moment for that, right?! It always catch us unprepared. Save all files as I lost many things that I wish I was remember on time! I'm very happy that you are able to go back to cleaning, hope this will takes some of the pressure and your worries about the insurance and the other unexpected costs!

Jean, but this is great choice for birthday present! Aww little bunny how cute!

Eva, bravo for your creativity! Can you share some scraping mojo please! I feels totally bored from scraping.

Last edited:

tanteva

Eva, bravo for your creativity! Can you share some scraping mojo please! I feels totally bored from scraping.

You have to try it the way I did ... stay away from scrapping for about 5 years and you find the mojo again. ;):D

felis

You have to try it the way I did ... stay away from scrapping for about 5 years and you find the mojo again. ;):D
:po_O It sounds logical to me, but I'll die if I can't complain here to the girls at the Daily O, and I don't think Momma O will be happy to keeps me only for mumbling.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Sure I want! Please tell her, I love passionate people! It's not exactly at the mental care field I'm usually follow, but it's also interesting for me.
Steph was thrilled that you wanted to follow her! I gave her your username and told her that you were a friend of mine and to accept your follow request. She's always thrilled to get a new follower, especially people who are passionate!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon lovely OOOOO's.

Man, do I feel almost normal today!! We went to our cookout last night (kind of a "coming out party" for all of us getting our Covid shots.) I told you that my SIL's brother's wife was morbidly terrified of getting it and has been a total hermit. We all had a grand time! I didn't feel great all afternoon but forced myself to get cleaned up and my daughter blew my hair straight, so I had to go. Haha

Our daughter Adrienne fell in the middle of the night Sat. night - they're still in that 5th wheel and she has to "shimmy" (her words) beside the bed and go down 3 narrow steps to go to the bathroom. Well, she tripped and fell down all 3 flights! They were up all the rest of the night and she seems to be okay - just bruised. Hubby is feeling better. He was a little achy in his joints yesterday, but feels better today. I sure never expected to have these reactions! We went into it with very positive feelings. BOOM!!

Chris @faerywings yay for the computer living another day! I totally get what you mean about hating these devices that rule our lives. I've had a duce of a day - trying to make a Mother's Day Book. With no WIFI, nothing is simple and what should take 30 minutes, takes ALL day. I wasted so much time on it today and finally threw up my hands and said I quit. I'll order a couple of things on Amazon - make Jeffy Boy richer. UGH

Jean @scrap-genie thanks so much for the compliments about my hair! I actually wore it down to the party last night. Of course, all of the girls wanted to play with it. We never grow up, do we? My oldest granddaughter started it - she braided it and pulled it over to the side, then the other gd took it down and messed with it, then my dd put it up in some kind of thing-a-magig. I had taken a scrunchie and they went in and got it. The guys were just sitting around laughing at us. They don't get us. LOL

Well, I'm sure you saw my post that the little white flags are all over the property. Now, when they decide to dig the trenches and put the cable in is anybody's guess. I'm about at my wit's end with this whole thing!

It's an unbelievable 82 degrees here today!! It stayed in the mid 70's til we left the party last night, about 9.

I'm going to get off of here. Lila is here and I've got both dogs barred from my room. I'm trying to straighten things up that I've left undone since this Covid Bug hit me Thursday night.

Hugs to all.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good afternoon everyone! I am late, late, late getting here today! I am not in the best of moods today, so that is one reason that I had not posted anything until now. It was our usual busy weekend and DH and I spent time doing chores around the house mostly. I got the laundry all done and washed the floors AGAIN!! Still some sticky spots, it just doesn't seem to ever go away :mad: so the drama with the floors and what happened later in the day yesterday, really got my temper up! I decided to cook a lovely roast beef for supper and guess what happened??? Yup that's right, my oven died again!! Over $900 in new parts (that thankfully we did not have to pay for) and I now own the worlds biggest paper weight!!! I couldn't believe it when my Gary came into the living room and said your oven died again!!! WHAT????? Are you flippin kidding me???? OMG what the heck will we do now? I think my kitchen is cursed!! Never ever, ever buy a Maytag/Whirlpool anything people!! Out came the roast and thank goodness it fit in my wonderful toaster/convection oven! It turned out very juicey and tender along with the roasted vegetables. Needless to say I hardly slept all night, worrying about having to possibly buy a new wall oven again! All morning I occupied my time with face time chats with Heather and Mason and then playing around with my new silhouette machine. I am in love with it and having so much fun! Lots of trail and error of course, but I think I am getting the hang of it. I will spend this afternoon working on a layout for a soon to be released kit. I need to do some commenting too. First of all I will make a little walk to the mail box and get some fresh air to blow the cobwebs out of my brain.
So just a quick hello to all of you, sorry my mood is no good for doing personals right now, but I will catch up with you all tomorrow after I have caught up on my sleep and begin the day with a fresh new outlook!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow, what happened to Sunday??? Oh - now I remember.... I was trying to catch up on my digi-scrapping. Didn't get everything done but called it quits about mid-afternoon and kicked back in the recliner and vegged the rest of the day. Was glad to get a LO done for the White Space challenge here. Yes, Chris... the house is very quiet with just me here. Guess the late nights spent talking and visiting took a toll on my body as I have been tired in the afternoons since every one is gone.

Hope to go down to see my niece's RV sometime this week. The park she is at is about 20 miles from my house - on the western edge of Albuquerque. The RV park has a lot of beautiful metal art statues of western animals so will try to get some photos of them while I am down visiting her. She is having problems connecting to WiFi in her space so she is trying to find what type of booster she needs to get it. At least her cell and table can hookup.

Hey, Kythe/Karen.... glad to see you pop in here.

Oh, Cheryl... so sorry to hear you all had bad reactions to the Covid vaccine - but that seems to be normal for many. Hope you are getting better quickly. Sorry about your sister falling down the steps. OUCH!

Oh, Trudy.... can't believe your oven quick AGAIN!!!! Yes... sounds like it is time to get a new one. And so sorry the floors are still sticky from the wine spill. <<< hugs >>>

I am dragging so going to take a nap. CYL