Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 13-14: Weekend Edition (faerywings away)

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
62a1c97c86a38.jpeg

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
This morning. several of us were answering questions about saving/printing LOs and files, etc in yesterday's chatter thread. Many of us have different reasons for how we handle/save files. It is good to read about the different methods and what works for others.

@scrap-genie thanks for starting the thread since Chris is gone. I can see that mischief is already happening here with @faerywings - Chris - not in the house!!! @tanteva I knew you would be bringing ketchup along on your visit! And Ketchup with Ketchdown is hilarious!!! :lol23: :rotfl::floorlaugh: We may need to get out the wet noodle whip :whip3: to keep everyone in line!!! :floorlaugh:

I managed to get a LO made and uploaded last evening using Transformational Collection by Lynne Anzelc and Cheryl Budden. I was blown away by all the fabulous images and characters in it. It sure fired up my creative juices. I started with 1 idea in mind and then it totally changed as I was working with it. :giggle4:

I need to pay some bills and get them mailed and get paperwork filed into the folders. There is paperwork scattered over the kitchen island!! Decided that I will go ahead and unpack the new coffee pot. Need to get it registered in a timely manner. I am curious to see how the Vortex watering thing works. It has a spinning hot water thing - suppose to give a richer flavor to the coffee. May even start on the laundry as the hamper is getting full.

AK_Tracy

@tanteva Oh Eva!!! That was the funniest ketchup/ketchdown ever!!!!! How long have you been holding on to that one??? Waiting for the perfect time to share. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

@BrightEyes bill paying is the worst. Its such a thankless job. Sometimes we must adult though. At least you scrapped first.

Its raining today. And yesterday. It feels like August/September weather has arrived already. We have enough rain now, you can all have it for a couple days or week. We are good and watered.

Need more :coffee1: Kay I hope the new pot is amazing!!!!!
HAGD

bitzee

This morning. several of us were answering questions about saving/printing LOs and files, etc in yesterday's chatter thread. Many of us have different reasons for how we handle/save files. It is good to read about the different methods and what works for others.
Thanks, Kay for the reminder. I wasn't home yesterday and didn't see the questions and answers about saving/printing LOs yesterday. But, today I went back and found some really good information and tips in yesterday's posts.

Nonni F

Good morning, Everyone.
@BrightEyes don't you just love that Transformational kit? I haven't been able to stop playing with it. Hence, the load of laundry waiting, and the dust bunnies rolling around the living room.
I hope @faerywings if off doing something fun this weekend. I haven't managed to read all the posts yet.
I really love all the information of the different ways everyone posts and saves files. Lot of different things I never thought about. I usually feel like the odd man out as it is using Corel. (rebel at heart, I guess)
Before I toss in some laundry, I shall share pics of the new kittens from the day I brought them home six months ago and today. FOr those who you who remember my angel kitten Oliver, Odin and Otto are kittens from his litter mate, Ophelia. I was a little nervous to bring them home, but they sure have helped to mend my broken heart and remind me a lot of him in some ways.
I hope everyone has a fabulous day, if you are struggling, I wish you peace.
Hugs from my corner,
Arline
kittens.jpg

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, Oozies,

Well, I crashed and burned last night. Laid down on the couch to watch a show and didn't wake up until 1:30. I must have needed it because I never do that. I had to go to the eye doctor yesterday and it's about a 2 hour process. I paid extra for that scanner machine to prevent having my eyes dilated. I KNEW the girl wasn't getting true readings and I tried to tell her, but I think she was new. She also messed up on some of the information she wrote down. Like "I have dry eyes" but "don't use artificial tears". I use them all the time. The doctor was going over everything and she knew I used them at least 3 times a day, so that was a tip off. Near the end, when she went to look at the scans, none of them were any good. She said she was sorry but she needed to dilate my eyes after all. It's also about 60 degrees in that place - last time I went with Adrienne, we about froze to death, so I was dressed for it yesterday. It's so cold that your teeth are almost chattering. :brrr::brrr:Anyway, I got good news - everything has stayed the same but she wants to see me back in 6 months. I've decided to get bifocals but didn't even have time to look at frames yesterday. Ava said that was okay because they (she and Adrienne) want to go help me pick out frames, so we're going back next week. I need glasses that I can keep on all the time - I've been juggling 2 pairs of glasses (closeups and distance) for too long.

Kay @BrightEyes thanks for the good info about printing, etc. I DO need ink, though - it just ran out and I found a black cartridge in one of the drawers, so I hope that's all I need. I'll have to order the paper you use on Amazon, because we're not blessed with office supply stores - if Walmart doesn't have it, we have to drive for an hour to get it.

Eva @tanteva you heard that Chris was gone - thanks for livening this place up and spreading a little :ketchup::ketchup: around the place.

I hope you all have a great day. Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns - You can get the cardstock from Walmart....

Pen+Gear White Card Stock, 8.5" x 11", 67 lb, 100 Sheets

Don't get the Premium Card Stock - 100 lbs... as it is the heavy-weight one that my printer had trouble with.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
I'll throw one more print comment in. I've been using Red River Paper for years with great results, I don't know how it compare pricewise with Walmart. I just feel about Wally World the same way as the people who hate :ketchup::ketchup::ketchup::ketchup: We shop Target, but it's also because it's a Minnesota company and taxes are so ridiculous that a lot of big businesses have moved out.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

@scrap-genie thanks for starting the thread since Chris is gone. I can see that mischief is already happening here with @faerywings - Chris - not in the house!!! @tanteva I knew you would be bringing ketchup along on your visit! And Ketchup with Ketchdown is hilarious!!! :lol23: :rotfl::floorlaugh: We may need to get out the wet noodle whip :whip3: to keep everyone in line!!! :floorlaugh:

I managed to get a LO made and uploaded last evening using Transformational Collection by Lynne Anzelc and Cheryl Budden. I was blown away by all the fabulous images and characters in it. It sure fired up my creative juices. I started with 1 idea in mind and then it totally changed as I was working with it. :giggle4:

I need to pay some bills and get them mailed and get paperwork filed into the folders. There is paperwork scattered over the kitchen island!! Decided that I will go ahead and unpack the new coffee pot. Need to get it registered in a timely manner. I am curious to see how the Vortex watering thing works. It has a spinning hot water thing - suppose to give a richer flavor to the coffee. May even start on the laundry as the hamper is getting full.
I'll have to go back and check out yesterday's posts, too!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning, Everyone.
@BrightEyes don't you just love that Transformational kit? I haven't been able to stop playing with it. Hence, the load of laundry waiting, and the dust bunnies rolling around the living room.
I hope @faerywings if off doing something fun this weekend. I haven't managed to read all the posts yet.
I really love all the information of the different ways everyone posts and saves files. Lot of different things I never thought about. I usually feel like the odd man out as it is using Corel. (rebel at heart, I guess)
Before I toss in some laundry, I shall share pics of the new kittens from the day I brought them home six months ago and today. FOr those who you who remember my angel kitten Oliver, Odin and Otto are kittens from his litter mate, Ophelia. I was a little nervous to bring them home, but they sure have helped to mend my broken heart and remind me a lot of him in some ways.
Hugs from my corner,
Arline
View attachment 423935
Beautiful kitties!

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
OMG this is hysterical !

I need to pay some bills and get them mailed and get paperwork filed into the folders. There is paperwork scattered over the kitchen island!! Decided that I will go ahead and unpack the new coffee pot. Need to get it registered in a timely manner. I am curious to see how the Vortex watering thing works. It has a spinning hot water thing - suppose to give a richer flavor to the coffee. May even start OMG this is hysterical !on the laundry as the hamper is getting full.
That Transformational Collection is amazing. That's so out of my comfort zone, but I think I might dip my toe in those waters. Bills are one of those necessary evils, but not my favorite either. The coffee pot sounds intriguing .
Good morning, Everyone.
Hugs from my corner,
Arline
View attachment 423935
The kittens are adorable and I LOVE the names! They do look like they have a bit of 'tude going on :giggle4: :floorlaugh: :rotfl:

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
We put ribs on the grill first thing this morning . They've been on almost 9 hours so we'll take them off soon. We worked in the garden for an hour+ Some of the wild rose bushes have multiplied and divided multiple times they needed subtraction. Some of them were about to "touch" hubs when he mows & that's a sure fire way to get the lopping shears on your butt. They look a lot better now that they've been thinned out. The Miss Kim lilac had all kinds of of suckers around the bottom we cleaned that up. I was a pail of sweat when we got done, I don't glisten I'm like a faucet someone forgot to turn off. I came in & downloaded a template and 2 kits, picked out pics to use and then my get up & go got up & went. I started doing comments in the gallery on my tablet, went fine until I lost control of my head & it started dropping & took my eyelids along with it. It took me 3 tries on a comment before I held everything up & open enough to finish it so I quit & we took ribs off the grill. OMG, ribs were phenomenal, they definitely are something ketchup :ketchup::ketchup::ketchup::ketchup:is not needed for , in fact it's outlawed in most states & if it's not it should be. Light rain, rumbles, lightning and light rain. Ugliness could be coming later, as in storm, I'm always here & ugly when I need coffee.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Thanks to @Cherylndesigns I remembered to upload my FWP LO this morning. Some how the due date for it slipped up on me...was thinking it was tomorrow. :rotfl: I changed my mind about using the new coffee pot right now plus I discovered it was made in China after all. Oh, well... the price was right. Was going to registered it but there were a lot of comments about how difficult it was to do that on the site... plus a notice that registration was not needed... just save the receipt. Then both my granddaughter and her mom called me and I didn't get the bills done... that is at the top of the list for this morning. Then it is on to laundry and a few other chores.

@JeanneMN I think you will have fun with the Transformational Collection as there is so much to play around with... so stretch those creative wings and go for it!!! Oh, the ribs sound so yummy!!! Last night, I had some left-over pork loin and cube potatoes - so I diced some onions and the pork and fried them all together until crispy... Yummy.

The outside temp is climbing so time to close up the house and get the laundry started. BBL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning, all.

Kay @BrightEyes I don't know why I remembered to upload my FWP. It "hit" me that it was time. I have trouble remembering most of them, though, especially if I do one that's a few weeks out. I put the date on the name of the layout, but still forget to look. Usually, I see others in the gallery and it hits me. :giggle4:

Eva, thanks for the picture - just oozing with yummy :ketchup::ketchup::ketchup:. Chris will love it. :floorlaugh:

Jeanne @JeanneMN those ribs sure sound good - not even barbeque sauce? I have to have that with ribs! If I didn't have that, :ketchup: is a good substitute. :giggle4:

Hugs to everybody and I'll try to stop back in later.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I am dragging my feet today. We were out for game night last night and didn't get home til about 1 am and then I fell asleep by 2ish, only to wake up twice and then got out of bed at 7. Good thing today is a quiet day, we'll head out to the dog park soon, I need to harvest some dill and freeze it, then the rest of the day I have nothing booked, maybe an afternoon nap on the couch.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Busy, busy, busy!!! Decided that since it was very calm outside... no wind at all!!! .... I donned my mask and rubber gloves and spent about an hour spraying the weeds in the front and back yards. There were a lot of them... most were small but had several in the backyard that were spreading all over. Those are "Trumpet Flower" that had spread from my neighbor's yard,,, UGH.... :rollingpin1: It is a battle every year to keep them from taking over in spots and along the fence dividing our yards. Not suppose to get rain today so it was time to get the spraying done. I like having rocks in the yard... no grass to move...but keeping the weeds out is a big challenge.

Then I got side-tracked and popped in here to see what was going on. Fell in love with Joyful Hearts' Color Crush 75 (papers 4) with the red, white and blue swirls. So put it together with Red White and Blue by et designs. I love using color plays kits together. Of course, the next thing I know it is passed noon and the bills aren't done and the laundry is still in the hamper!!! And I missed getting anything to eat yet today.

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Good morning, all.

Kay @BrightEyes I don't know why I remembered to upload my FWP. It "hit" me that it was time. I have trouble remembering most of them, though, especially if I do one that's a few weeks out. I put the date on the name of the layout, but still forget to look. Usually, I see others in the gallery and it hits me. :giggle4:

Eva, thanks for the picture - just oozing with yummy :ketchup::ketchup::ketchup:. Chris will love it. :floorlaugh:

Jeanne @JeanneMN those ribs sure sound good - not even barbeque sauce? I have to have that with ribs! If I didn't have that, :ketchup: is a good substitute. :giggle4:

Hugs to everybody and I'll try to stop back in later.
What.jpgbbq sauce.jpgminion.jpg

Only thing that could possibly be worse would be :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup:
We eat our ribs 'neck-ed' as in the ribs are 'neck-ed' we are not 'neck-ed' that would be even worse than :ketchup::ketchup:

Apple wood smoked yesterday's, darlin, they are so good plain you would cross over to the 'neck-ed' side, not you 'neck-ed' the ribs

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
View attachment 424021View attachment 424022View attachment 424023

Only thing that could possibly be worse would be :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup: :ketchup:
We eat our ribs 'neck-ed' as in the ribs are 'neck-ed' we are not 'neck-ed' that would be even worse than :ketchup::ketchup:

Apple wood smoked yesterday's, darlin, they are so good plain you would cross over to the 'neck-ed' side, not you 'neck-ed' the ribs
I'm glad you clarified "neck-ed". You COULD eat your neck-ed ribs "neck-ed - the neighbors might get a real "kick" out of that. I won't be crossing over to the neck-ed ribs side any time soon. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:

Nonni F

Good afternoon, Everyone. Hot as you know what here in NH again today. Managed to get in an early motorcycle ride before it got too miserable, then came home to make cat food.
Ribs neck'ed or otherwise sound fabulous right now so long as someone else is standing over the grill! Just say'n.
Stay cool, everyone. I'm off to scrap.

AK_Tracy

Afternoon All!
It was suppose to rain all day today. Nice surprise to walk out of church and the sun was shining. Its still windy but its not sideways rain so I'll take it. @JeanneMN Twin those neck-ed ribs sounds amazing!!!!!! Nothing like neck-ed ribs :love: :love: :dancing6: :dancing6: Never ever never :ketchup: on them. Maybe bbq but neck-ed the best!!!!!! Me and ribs! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

@BrightEyes I hope you eventually get the laundry done, or you might be like Jeanne's ribs, neck-ed :giggle4:
Whooo my coffee was strong today! Feeling the jitters
@bcgal00 if you need it, I give you permission to nap! You deserve it after the super busy week you have had this past week.

Sorry @faerywings Chris!!!! It wasn't me who lead the :ketchup: train. I didn't stop it either but it wasn't me who started :floorlaugh::dancing6:
Love this group so much! So fun! I can just imagine a convention with us all in person :floorlaugh:goofysmile1

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
I am such a cranky parts today that I wasn't even going to come in. I'm not so much cranky as out of sorts - I came out to the garden with a cup of coffee, of course I had to go back in the house because I forgot it. Thought I would sit with my women and as long as I was sitting with those women, I'd spread my out of sorts-ness with you.
I am such a cranky pants today that I wasn't even going to come in. I'm not so much cranky as out of sorts - I came out to the garden with a cup of coffee, of course I had to go back in the house because I forgot it. Thought I would sit with my women and as long as I was sitting with those women, I'd spread my out of sorts-ness with you. Reading thru your posts it seems to be a malaise kind of day for some others.
thru your posts it seems to be a malaise kind of day for some others.
Good morning ladies. I am dragging my feet today. We were out for game night last night and didn't get home til about 1 am and then I fell asleep by 2ish, only to wake up twice and then got out of bed at 7. Good thing today is a quiet day, we'll head out to the dog park soon, I need to harvest some dill and freeze it, then the rest of the day I have nothing booked, maybe an afternoon nap on the couch.Hope you all enjoy your Sunday
I would be dragging more than my feet if I hadn't fallen asleep at 2 and got up at 7. So glad your "shedule" is clear, that right there is shocking. I think a nap sounds like a lovely idea for a Sunday afternoon.
Busy, busy, busy!!! Decided that since it was very calm outside... no wind at all!!! .... I donned my mask and rubber gloves and spent about an hour spraying the weeds in the front and back yards. There were a lot of them... most were small but had several in the backyard that were spreading all over. Those are "Trumpet Flower" that had spread from my neighbor's yard,,, UGH.... :rollingpin1: It is a battle every year to keep them from taking over in spots and along the fence dividing our yards. Not suppose to get rain today so it was time to get the spraying done. I like having rocks in the yard... no grass to move...but keeping the weeds out is a big challenge.

Then I got side-tracked and popped in here to see what was going on. Fell in love with Joyful Hearts' Color Crush 75 (papers 4) with the red, white and blue swirls. So put it together with Red White and Blue by et designs. I love using color plays kits together. Of course, the next thing I know it is passed noon and the bills aren't done and the laundry is still in the hamper!!! And I missed getting anything to eat yet today.
Why is it no matter what the conditions weeds seem to prosper. I hope you don't have creeping Charlie creeping around your lawn as in the need , I certainly hope you don't have any human creepy charlies creeping. We had the weed variety creeping from the neighbors yard I finally had to get a lawn service to come in and get rid of it . The neighbor on the other side planted some sort of trumpet flower last year, I hope it isn't the kind you have invading. I have volunteer Joe Pye weed, phlox, and sedum already & some volunteers that I don't even know where they are volunteering from. Boy, do I know those , oh look a chicken/squirrel visits to the store and the pesky bills and laundry elves are always on your shoulder poking at you. Other than the bills & laundry it soundS like a peaceful respite scrapping
I'm glad you clarified "neck-ed". You COULD eat your neck-ed ribs "neck-ed - the neighbors might get a real "kick" out of that. I won't be crossing over to the neck-ed ribs side any time soon. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:
OMG the thought of the two of us doing that made me throw up in my mouth a little. Well definitely need to use sanitizer when I go in and will probably tip my head, plug the bottom ear and pour sanitizer in the other ear and then slosh it around a bit to get the mental picture out. Insert a repeat of above minions without bbq sauce.
Good afternoon, Everyone. Hot as you know what here in NH again today. Managed to get in an early motorcycle ride before it got too miserable, then came home to make cat food.
Ribs neck'ed or otherwise sound fabulous right now so long as someone else is standing over the grill! Just say'n.
Stay cool, everyone. I'm off to scrap.
It's 87° with humidity at least that here. It brewed up some major storms in the Twin Cities & north of there. Luckily, we only had lots of thunder & lightning t rain. There was baseball sized hail there and lots of downed trees with 50,000 customers still without power. Early motorcycle ride sounds fun, and it sounds like you had a fun day as well.

My plan was to scrap the goodies I got yesterday. It was going to be a simple layout, but of course I started fiddle farting around with it. Then PS was a total poopy head. Crash, crash, graphics processor not compatible, which yes it is, then "your "fill in the blank" could not be completed because of a program error. AACK ! Wash, rinse, repeat. I finally walked away from it before I threw something at it. Cue the minions again. When I got over that snit, I rolled it back to the previous version. Hopefully tomorrow will be a snitless, snotless, _ _ _ _ less day.

More drama in hubs family, it's painful watching a family come apart at the seams & hubs gets the brunt of it. A farm their grandmother left the 10 kids, with the one without a moral compass who has lied cheated and wheedled $$$,$$$ out of his mother thinks he deserves special treatment. He's her favorite and can do no wrong, you'd never know she has 9 more the way she talks. It's ugly, it's sad , & it's stressful, a week at the lake will feel ahhh- mazing .

Tonight, we are invited to our son's house for supper to celebrate dgd 13th birthday. This afternoon we got a message saying their keg ran out last night and we should bring our beverage of choice. OK, now I thought that was weird, I know I'm weird but is it weird because of that, or is it weird because it truly is weird, I would feel really weird if I did something that weird. End of story, but that put another crank in my already cranky pants.

Just fill the page with those minions. Thanks for letting me turn my squeaking crank her. Starting to get a sinus headache so I'm headed back to the AC. Thanks for letting me turn my squeaking crank here.

Last edited:

Terri M

Finally finished scrapping the last page of our bike tour in May and now I have to start thinking about the Disney book I've promised the granddaughters from our April trip. Holy cow, if I don't get it done I won't remember what we did. I usually try to make notes every day, but I was so tired by the end of the day that trip that notes just didn't happen.

It's so freakin' hot, upper 90s with feels-like about 100. After church I told David I am not leaving the air conditioner today. Of course, when I said that I forgot I had to go to my friend's house to water her plants. But from then on I've stayed in. I even told him that although I have a steak for dinner I'm not going out to the bbq to cook it, so he offered to do it. We've been in Virginia 10 years and it's never been this hot this long so early in the summer. Whine whine whine.....

The TCM channel had The Music Man on so I watched it last night. I had forgotten how delightful it was. I think that will be something I'll watch with the kids when they're here next month. Although there will be a thousand things I'll have to explain, like why the librarian is stamping the books instead of scanning their code. And what's the "Uneeda Biscuit in the airtight sanitary package." (I tried to look for a picture of a cracker barrel with Google, but all I got were pages about the restaurant).

When I went to the winery Thursday evening I took a picture of the ketchup bottle on the bbq table (they fire up the grills and leave a bunch of accouterments out so you can grill your dinner there). Now I just have to think of how to combine wine and ketchup.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, if you'll notice, Jeanne @JeanneMN I haven't really even posted today - just answered some of you. The malaise continues to me, too. I'm exhausted today and my girls were all gone - they do a mother/daughter weekend every year and I didn't even want to go. They hike, bike, all sleep in one room - (NO THANKS) I haven't even been able to scrap my way out of the doldrums or whatever you call them. Tried organizing my cupboards - nope not happening. My kitchen is now completely torn up with stuff out of the cupboards and not a clue what I want to do with anything.
I guess I'll pull my Scarlett O'Hara quote out - "tomorrow's another day".

AK_Tracy

I'm sorry Jeanne and Cheryl, but thank you! I am not alone in the out of sortness. I want to complain. And cry. And ugh.

Tonight, we are invited to our son's house for supper to celebrate dgd 13th birthday. This afternoon we got a message saying their keg ran out last night and we should bring our beverage of choice. OK, now I thought that was weird, I know I'm weird but is it weird because of that, or is it weird because it truly is weird, I would feel really weird if I did something that weird. End of story, but that put another crank in my already cranky pants.
Okay, so this to me is a "were out of beer, buy me some" and maybe that's wrong but yeah its weird unless you always drink when you go there. I have told my sister BYOB but never the night before because I ran out. Its because she drinks different flavors then we do and its usually thanksgiving when everyone is here for a four day weekend. So not knowing all the details or situations, I would be inclined to just take my water bottle and call it done. Again not knowing all the history, the "Keg ran out" just reads wrong. And so no, on this your not weird. All the rest, yes, weird like me Twin.:hug2:
When I went to the winery Thursday evening I took a picture of the ketchup bottle on the bbq table
This sounds like a great start to a ketchup layout!!!!!
I guess I'll pull my Scarlett O'Hara quote out - "tomorrow's another day".
I personally like the movie quote from Rhett, "frankly my dear I dont give a darn". It wasn't in the book. That's my attitude today. Despite a great church service and Sunday school lesson. The external demands on my time and "obligatory" things are making me :angry4:. Yes I've made you a cake in the past. Yes I am nice. NO I dont owe you a cake for your birthday. Not when you cant hear me and realize I am going through stuff too! oh shoot. :soapbox: Let me get down from here. That wasn't what you expected or wanted. Yep, feeling Rhett, dont give a hoot.