Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday, December 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Whew!! NOW I get to yell TGIF!!!
:humble:

I cranked out another long day but I am seeing the lights at the end of a very long tunnel. I should have 1 of 5 baskets done today. 2 more are more than half done. Of the last 2, one is for my mom so I kind of can leave that until last. Oh, and I am making some stuff for Scott's GF..... but that should be easy enough.

OMG, he loved the concert!!! Had the best time, was just in AWE of it all. He would pop into a room last night and say randomly, "I saw Nirvana. With Paul McCartney." or "I saw Roger Waters. Really." And, "The Who. I saw The Who."

He said that the place was just amazing- the crowd was great and warm and friendly. Of course, he was proabably one of the younger (youngest?? LOL) in the crowd, but he really appreciates classic rock. The kid has the most eclectic musical taste- Bob Marley to Pink Floyd to the Dead to Black Sabbath to Slipknot to the Misfits. That is a wiiiiiiiide range, eh? :) And he plays a lot of music (guitar/bass somewhat/little bit of hand drums) of all of them as well. He could not ask for a better present to be there.
He took some pics with his phone and they are on FB so I am going to see if I can scrap any of them for him.

Any hints on how to make blurry camera-phone pics of a concert look good?:ranger:

:tongue:

Finish It Friday:
If I can finish the day w/o falling on my face, I will be *very* happy!!!!

::grouphug

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda S- bet your new laptop is zooming!!! Awesome awesome! Can't wait until you have some time scrap with it and see what you do!
Christmas is way to close, isn't it?

Laurie- glad the dr have you meds. I hope that you are feeling better today. And omg- can't wait to see what cool stuff you can do with your Christmas present (whatever it is ;) )

Phyllis- hope that your migraine and vision is better today, it sounds very painful and annoying.
eep! That photo of Chicago is crazy! 2 years ago that happened in NJ on the Parkway IIRC. I don't drive in the snow-- at all--but sometimes you never know when its going to start.... or where.
One time, a few years ago, the kids and I were on our way to see my parents in PA. It was sunny by us, but as we drove over the Delaware into PA, there were snow squalls. Rt 84 ended up getting closed down and it took us 4 hours to do a hour and a half trip. Thankfully we had snacks and blankets and it wasn't forever and ever. But man we all had to pee!! LOL

Trudy- IO hear ya on the sun!!! Need the sunshine!! Hope that the supp's help. Do you take B vitamins too? b-6 and b-12 are good for energy and mood. Supposedly. I take them and all ya hear is me being tired and cranky!!

Nancy- I'll have to pop over to your gallery later today to see your hawk! How was your dinner? Yum!!

terry!! Congrats to your son!!! You both must be very proud!!!

hugs to all!!

whatnext

just checking in to say hi. i have the brightness turned way down on my iPad and plan to get off the computer before the eye thing starts up . so, hi! and everyone have a happy weekend!

phylis

Last edited by a moderator:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
hugs and prayers Phylis for a better day. To the rest of the O fam- have a fun filled friday. I am off to the shower and then work. The room is emptied of what needs to be gone. We will move the bed tonight or tomorrow so that the new one can come in. Not feeling too bad, not coughing or sneezing so off to work I go. Early day, catch you on the flip side.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
TGIF everyone! Dark and gloomy outside, I guess I really should look at getting one of those lamps to make me feel like I am getting some sun! Full day of work today and then off to another Christmas Party. This one is for MG's Major Crime Unit. Sure hope that I don't fall asleep during it!! I had a heck of a time trying to watch my shows last night, fell asleep for a few minutes during Grey's Anatomy and decided to hit the bed by 10 slept all night until the alarm went at 5am. So why am I still so tired??

Chris - thanks for the link! Very interesting article! We get way more sunshine then most of the Brits do, but I think it would be a great idea to add Vitamin D to more foods! My Dr says that they are now screening everyone for Vit D deficiency and she can't believe how many of her patients need more Vit. D! How great that Scott loved the concert and that he loves such a wide variety of music! Music is such an important part of our lives! It feeds the soul!! Happy for your son!

Hi Phylis :wave: sure hope you are feeling better soon! Are you going to the Dr. to see what can be done for you?

Laurie - Have a great Friday! Hopefully work goes well for you today! You will have to send us pics of your new bedroom! Glad to hear that you are not feeling ill!

LindaS - was that you speeding through here?? :bolt: have a great day!

Have to work in the Kiosk in the yard this morning, but that's ok its pretty dead over there and sometimes I can actually get online and visit the "O", not much happens over there, so I really try to bring work over from the store to catch up on, only there for 2 & 1/2 hrs then back to the store to work in the back office and relieve on the till. The day should fly by pretty quickly, then home to get gussied up and party. Wish I felt more like living it up!! Have a great Friday everyone and see you here again tomorrow! :wave:

hondachicc

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...............today....lots of cleaning...gotta fold up all my laundry...and hopefully get some presents wrapped and under the tree ..... which I am happy to announce is up and FULLY DECORATED this year :pound: WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!

Mike got the yard decos up too!!! the kids are so happy!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not even bothered by the fact that Mike's kids seem to have NO time for us during the actual Christmas holiday!! Yes...that's right....I planned to have our entire family the Sunday before Christmas but I was told they can't come because their GRANDMOTHER is having her get together that day (she has done it on Christmas day for the last 100 years)....so I said well we could do it on Saturday evening....NOPE....Jamie is having her Mom and the sisters and brother over that day for their Christmas....so she suggested we do it the Sunday AFTER Christmas...well...by then....we are over it all...my tree will be in the attic and we will be DONE with the Christmas spirit...................BUT......it's fine....I am just not letting it bother me.....no need...it won't do any good!!!!!!

I think I am done with my Christmas shopping....the only thing I need to do is get a couple of Christmas money holders for Alison's kids. She did send a text message and is stopping by for about an hour on her way home after spending the weekend with her Mom and Grandmother............pffft.......

okay..............I have got to get busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LITTLE TIME!!! tomorrow is suppose to be 60 degrees...I want to get out of the house and enjoy it........

donnagoar

Morning all!

Checking in to say hello. Good Morning and hope all is well.

Chris- What an amazing experience to see that concert. chance of a life time for sure.

Phylis- Take care and feel better, lady.

Laurie- Have a good day and gald you are feeling better.

Linda- Happy shopping and hope you find what's on your list and on sale!

Trudy- Enjoy the party and hope you catch up on your sleep this weekend.

Nana-You sound ready for the holidays and now Enjoy those temps!!!

I've been up for a couple of hours and hitting the coffee a bit too hard, but I'm getting lots done................probably need a nap by noon!!
Happy Friday all and check out the new AnnaLift if you have time.
donna

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Happy Friday!! Busy busy weekend for me and I haven't started sewing PJs for Christmas Eve yet!!! eeeeek!!! Off to work...

Love you all!!!!

(Keep singing those carols LOUD for ALL to hear!!!)

tanteva

Mistress of Mayhem
Only tip I have for blurry photos is to blend them into the background. Don't know if that is any help though for concert photos. I'm green with envy!!!!

Howdy, everyone! I'm SO exhausted today... my son didn't go to bed until 6:30 am due to teething. Now we're watching the news in CT.... so sad. :(

Chris, I think the pics will be fine, no matter the quality, because it's the memories that count! :)

terryb

I'm late to the game today.

Been busy. I looked at my schedule today and realized I only have 4 days left (three days next week and Christmas Eve) in the office this year. Two days next week I'll be working out of town. Lots to do before year end. I'm taking off on the 26th and heading out of town and returning on the 31st. Have to work on the 1st to hit all the IRS deadlines. Oh well---at least I have a job.

Got a call from a social worker today--we are having a home study done. We were put on the "list" as possible family members that might take my niece's 4 year old son for a time. Couldn't believe the social worker wants to come here tomorrow at 1:30! They work on Saturday's!! Unbelievable. I thought all governmental folks had the weekend off.

Tomorrow my husband and I are volunteering to work the annual community wide Christmas dinner that is hosted by our church. We expect to serve at least 1,000 people tomorrow between 11AM-1PM.

Think I might scrap a little tonight. Need to find that creative bone!

My son's graduation was really nice. Had planned on taking my mom, dad, and another couple (the people who sort of looked after my son while he was in the academy) to dinner. Planned on 7. Well---ended up being 15 people! My mom said "you just threw your son a celebration party." Not at all what I was planning on---good thing it wasn't one of those 5 star restaurants!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful and relaxing weekend.