Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, August 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
TGIF!!
1660906411105.png

hello, my lOves! We made it through the week, who is ready for the weekend?

I had a busy but not really busy day yesterday. I cleaned, got home, and was scooping the lawn when my friend saw me and asked if I wanted to sit outside with her for a while. What a great time she had visiting her DD in FL. (Her DD is like my DD- she has called me Mama Chris since the time she could talk) . They went to Disney and a resort on the Gulf. and of course, she cried on the plane ride home... I would have been sobbing too
I made a very yummy dinner last night and had to text pics of it to my BFF. I had the Hello Fresh version at her house last month and decided to copy it. I made my own flatbreads (super easy!) and swapped out the Brussel sprouts for roasted broccoli. I didn't have "hot honey" so I mixed a couple of drops of Cholula into some raw honey. OMG, these were really good! After I texted the pics to BFF, she sent me a pic of the recipe of what she made the night before, also Hello Fresh. I asked her a few questions and then ended up LMBO. My BFF is one of the last people on earth that I would ever expect to talk about cooking and recipes. When I told her that I got a bunch of hahaha texts back. :D:D:D

Caitlyn finally talked to her boss about the job interview and he basically said that it came down to experience, that her resume and interview were fine but that someone else had more hands-on experience. What we figured but nice to know it wasn't something about "her." He gave her some suggestions on how to build her resume/experience and she seems open to all of that.

I have to do some yard work today, I realized that the liriope in the front garden never bloomed either. I am going to do some deadheading of what did bloom in it and see what else needs to get cleaned out. I am going to have to add compost to the soil and mix that in if it ever rains again ;)

I whacked my finger on the bathroom counter and opened it up again too- Gary put another butterfly on it and put two more band-aids- but since I wash my hands/dishes non-stop they don't stick. I don't have dish gloves either- although I do have latex ones... might not be a bad idea to try them out

Still working my way through ACDSee and cataloging files. booooo

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh and fab news re: Gary's blood work, endo is fine with the results, still keeping an on the potassium levels but feels that they are within a safe range for a diabetic, whew!!!

@pachimac I never hear of Free Guy, what is it about, and was it good? It is too bad that Nancy isn't still posting here, she loved those Hallmark movies. You guys could have compared notes :)
Did you and DD watch a romance movie last night?

@BrightEyes I guess that is one good way to look at waking up early, not missing garbage collection... I know, it's really dragging the bottom of the barrel looking for the good thing *wink*
Oh my, hope that the rain isn't as bad as the warnings suggest.
You really hit the guac jackpot, you got all of those avocadoes to be perfectly ripe at the same time?? Go play the lottery!

@tanteva between you and Kay, feeling cold all of the time time, I hope you are all not turning into vampires! If I become a night owl, I think we might need to worry that there is some O-virus going on LOL
Hope you had a fun time with the girls at lunch

@Cherylndesigns Gary walked the dogs yesterday while I was at work, which honestly bummed me out since I asked him if he wanted to go out when I got back from cleaning. Maybe he will want to go this morning, I def. need the exercise. Good job walking twice a day and if I know you you will be doing three walks in no time

@taxed4ever whew, that is good to hear that you are still testing negative! I am so glad that DH is feeling good enough to do house and yard work. Just let him know to not overdo it, I keep reading about people who feel better, test negative, overdo it, and test positive again. *fingers crossed his next test is negative* *fingers and toes crossed that he doesn't go full-steam ahead and rebound* hahah!!

@Cherylndesigns Is Ava ok with the breakup? Sending her hugs~~ Although it seems like she won't have too much free time to be upset, those silly girls of her must keep her hopping. Was LMBO that you had to back up against the door so they wouldn't plow you down as they ran to you hahahaha!!!
Their soundtrack:
1660909349735.png

@LSlycord I told my friend about you too and how I felt so bad - like leaving a piece of your hearts behind
That sounds like an incredible mess with the elevators! So frustrating for the families and kids. The pics of her dorm look great, loved all of the photos she had up! Dorms have come such a long way since I was in school. For real!

Love to you all!!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Today I'm going to be a cat. You know, sleep for 4 hrs, get up, lay on the floor and rest a bit, so I can muster up to eat a little snack, before I take a nap.

tired-memes-1.jpg

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow, I slept late this morning... didn't wake up until 7:30! But then I read until 1:20AM. :rolleyes: The book was "Point Last Seen" by Christina Dodd. It hooked me from the first page and kept me reading until I finished it. Woke up to cool temps this morning - 65*F - so I have the house wide open to air it out. The rains are starting some time today... probably late this afternoon. I am not worried about flooding at my house as I live up on the West Mesa (higher than down in the valley where the Rio Grande River is) but some of the roads around here will flood. So I plan on staying home while it is going on. Thank goodness the roads between here and the doctor's are all on the mesa so shouldn't have trouble getting there on Tues.

Just have to tell about a new dessert I came up with yesterday. I had several slightly stale cinnamon rolls with strawberry and icing topping. I cut them into 1" cubes, added banana slices and instant vanilla pudding with milk and mixed it all together. Let it sit for several hours in the fridge. Oh... man..... it was so good! It was like a cross between banana pudding and bread pudding with the strawberry topping adding an extra zip to it. Will be enjoying it for the next few days.

@faerywings So sorry you broke the cut on your finger open again. Bet it is really sore. Yes, putting a latex glove on over it should help keep the hand dry as you clean, etc. I saw a new style Band-Aids at the commissary - suppose to be waterproof and not come loose when in water. Of course, they were more expensive than the regular ones!! No, I didn't buy them... but may pick them up next time I am there. I need to check to see if I have a spare pair dishwashing gloves as I have to wear them when I wash dishes. My hands are sensitive and dry out too easily. Glad that Cait talked to her mentor about the job interview and know she did fine - it was the experience factor. Great news from Gary's Endro doc.

And yes... it was a fab find on the ripe avocados. They were in the 'sale' bin (all bags $1 each) as they were all ripe. There was about 10 bags of them but I only bought 3 of them (6 avocados in each). I have had really good luck with making and freezing the guacamole so was thrilled to get more ripe avocados. I also picked up a sale bag of ripe big boy tomatoes and a bag of Clementine tangerines. I sliced a tomato for supper (it was so delicious) to go with the pork chops and seasoned cube potatoes. That is my go-to meal when want to cook for myself but not spend a lot of time cooking. Love my George Forman Grill!! My fruit stand is over-flowing with fresh apples, oranges, Clementine's with bananas over to the side. Plus can't forget the bowl of plums from my tree! Or the big bag of red grapes. I love summer when there is a lot of fresh fruit and veggies.

@LSlycord I saw the UF photos on FB... Wow... what a line to get kids moved in with only one elevator working!!! Glad she is moved in and settled. The family did a great job getting her settled. And you did good on not crying while you were there... way to go, Mom!

@taxed4ever Happy to hear your DH is feeling better. But will add my caution along with Chris... he needs to be careful to not over-do as he is recovering. Glad you are still testing negative.

@Cherylndesigns I could just see you back against the door as the dogs came running/jumping at you! Better to be braced than to get knocked down. So sorry that Ava had a break-up with BF and that you has just made a photo of the 2 of them in a LO. Glad she was so understanding when you told her about it being on FB. Glad you have the treadmill so you can still get your walking done inside with the A/C. I need to sell DH's treadmill as I can't walk very much due to my back fusion (it goes into spasms along with my hip when I walk). I really get a kick out you and the girls when you go on a shopping adventure!

The coffee cup needs a refill... hope everyone has a good weekend.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@pachimac I never hear of Free Guy, what is it about, and was it good? It is too bad that Nancy isn't still posting here, she loved those Hallmark movies. You guys could have compared notes :)

Did you and DD watch a romance movie last night?

@faerywings It was with Ryan Reynolds. It’s about a person who finds out he is in a video game and not a real person.

“When a bank teller discovers he's actually a background player in an open-world video game, he decides to become the hero of his own story -- one that he can rewrite himself. In a world where there's no limits, he's determined to save the day his way before it's too late, and maybe find a little romance with the coder who conceived him.”

It was actually pretty good. :)

Last night we watched The Broken Hearts Gallery. It was actually like an updated more cool to kids romance.

“What if you saved a souvenir from every relationship you've ever been in? The Broken Hearts Gallery follows the always unique Lucy, a 20-something art gallery assistant living in New York City, who also happens to be an emotional hoarder.”

she starts an art gallery with other peoples souvenirs they have been holding on to.

Last edited:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi ladies... quick in and out of here today! I need to get my grocery order in and then will be doing some major trimming of some of the bushes out back. DH tested positive again today, but it was a very faint reading, so hopefully he will be Negative tomorrow. I am still fine. Will make sure that my Gary does not overdo it today, he seems to know his limits and will take a break and rest when he feels he needs to. Had a nice long facetime with Heather and the boys today! Mason is having a sleepover tomorrow night with his best buddy from school and he got a hair cut the other day. He looks great and seemed this haircut went better than the last. He really hates to get his haircut! This time however he was much more at ease Hooray!! We are having thunder storms today, so ughhh hopefully no fires start because of it! Anyway no time for personals today, I gotta get dressed and get outside before it either pours rain or the temps get too warm. It's a mixed bag of weather today. Have a great Friday everyone!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Hi ladies... quick in and out of here today! I need to get my grocery order in and then will be doing some major trimming of some of the bushes out back. DH tested positive again today, but it was a very faint reading, so hopefully he will be Negative tomorrow. I am still fine. Will make sure that my Gary does not overdo it today, he seems to know his limits and will take a break and rest when he feels he needs to. Had a nice long facetime with Heather and the boys today! Mason is having a sleepover tomorrow night with his best buddy from school and he got a hair cut the other day. He looks great and seemed this haircut went better than the last. He really hates to get his haircut! This time however he was much more at ease Hooray!! We are having thunder storms today, so ughhh hopefully no fires start because of it! Anyway no time for personals today, I gotta get dressed and get outside before it either pours rain or the temps get too warm. It's a mixed bag of weather today. Have a great Friday everyone!

We are having some good thunderstorms and monsoonal rain - we really need it here in the dry west!!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
@BrightEyes You said: And yes... it was a fab find on the ripe avocados. They were in the 'sale' bin (all bags $1 each) as they were all ripe. There was about 10 bags of them but I only bought 3 of them (6 avocados in each). I have had really good luck with making and freezing the guacamole so was thrilled to get more ripe avocados.

I was so excited to find fresh avocados yesterday at the store!! I mashed em up and made guacamole and ate it with tacos and nachos!!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Today I'm going to be a cat. You know, sleep for 4 hrs, get up, lay on the floor and rest a bit, so I can muster up to eat a little snack, before I take a nap.

tired-memes-1.jpg

How are you feeling today? Hopefully better than yesterday! I ate WAYYY too much guac and tacos last night and I was up with reflux most of the night. The damn dogs wanted their walk early and I cursed them all the way to the trail and back. Now they're all curled up sleeping and I'm wide awake!! Good thing they're cute.

giphy.gif

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
How are you feeling today? Hopefully better than yesterday! I ate WAYYY too much guac and tacos last night and I was up with reflux most of the night. The damn dogs wanted their walk early and I cursed them all the way to the trail and back. Now they're all curled up sleeping and I'm wide awake!! Good thing they're cute.

giphy.gif
I'm feeling better today, just tired. But soon it's time for TV and snacks, and life will be wonderful again. LOL

(Ignore the fact that I just finished dinner & is full ... LOL)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon, Lovlies,

Chris @faerywings your poor hands! Did you bum yourself up as bad as last time? You sound about as "graceful" as me. My mishaps are always my toes. I run them into everything anymore. Not sure what's going on. Sounds like you and your neighbor had a good visit. That's so nice, every once in awhile. Adrienne surprised us by coming down about 8 oclock last night. She brought her glass of wine, so that "forced" me to have a glass with her. I was debating on having a glass and when she walked in with hers, that did it. She's coming down in a few minutes, so my post will probably be in parts. I'm glad Cait found out that it wasn't "her". That's always nice to know. They always want "experience" but how is a person to get "experience"? It's a vicious cycle in the beginning. She'll get something.

Ava seems to be ok about the breakup. She's kind of been on the fence for a while, but she'll be ok. Of course, now he's promising "the moon". LOL Those "girls" of hers - they're like big loping small horses. Good thing I braced myself - Ellie jumped completely up on me and started licking my face. She's the ornery one - she's the chocolate. I saw her coming - fast - and knew I'd better get ready. LOL

Kay @BrightEyes that desert you "whipped up" sounds delicious! Sometimes, just experimenting brings the best results. You'll enjoy every bit of that. Glad to hear that you don't think your doctor will be affected, if they're flooding, and that you'll still be able to get there. You really need to go! Yes, those crazy dogs are still pretty wild and getting bigger every time I see them. I knew I'd better brace myself for Ellie - she came running from around the other side of our car and she was coming fast! Tomorrow, hopefully, will be a fun shopping day with the girls. We always find something to get into trouble with. Did you see my LO of the "flower wall"? There are SO many cool, painted walls on the building out here and we always have to pose in front of them. That was in the little town we went to last week. We had a new "girl" with us last week, so it changed the dynamics a bit. We don't want anybody new to be scared off by our shenanigans. Hahaha I don't think we scared her too badly because she wants to go out with us again. She's pretty cool - one of Ava's friends.
I was glad that Ava was cool about the LO of she and Ryan. It has already been turned in to the designer, so it was out of my hands. :(

Trudy @taxed4ever good news that you're still testing negative. How is your Gary feeling today? Glad you're going to get some rain, too. Since we got ours, it's cooled off a little, but we were standing outside last night and we could actually feel a tiny "chill" in the air. it felt SO good.

I'd better go - I didn't get interrupted - got my whole post done.

Happy Friday everybody.

pachimac

CHEERY O
I'm feeling better today, just tired. But soon it's time for TV and snacks, and life will be wonderful again. LOL

(Ignore the fact that I just finished dinner & is full ... LOL)

Good!!! I ate so much yesterday that my stomach still feels full!!