Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: February 13-14: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy weekend, O-Fam! I hope everyone is doing great. It is Valentine's Weekend, any of you doing something special? Not us, we haven't celebrated Val Day since the kids were little.
I am really done with the winter/cold/snow. There are 5 days out of the next week that the forecast is calling for snow/ice. *&%$@%!!!! This is such BS. What can you do other than move somewhere warm? [no idea smilie] I would prefer to move somewhere warm and out of this country if I could. Any warm countries willing to take American refugees? hahaha!! The impeachment trial is horrifying and maddening. Vaccination appts are impossible to get. I was *thisclose* to getting one this morning and then the website crashed. I had the time/date picked out but by the time I entered all of the insurance information, I got a page error, tried a few more times, and then the appts were all booked. But as I was telling my mom yesterday, I am lucky to be in a position where I don't have to be around people and can keep myself and my family safe as possible. If I had to work in public every day, it would be different. So for now, I am not going to make myself crazy although it would have been nice to get that appt.
My mom and I were talking about going down the shore this summer. Since we didn't get to do that last summer, we are for sure doing it this year. And we joked that we are not going to wait until it is off-season and end up worrying about hurricanes like we dealt with the last few years prior. That will be a really nice thing to be able to do.
Not much happening this weekend, Scott went to Leah's last night and I think he will be back today. Cait and I are going to make a run to the FP. I had a tough time getting a food shopping spot for next week- not until Thursday so if I can get some coffee, bread, cheese, and TP, that will hold us over a bit.

wishing all of you a wonderful day!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I took a couple of pics of the dogs on the snow yesterday- and this is after it's starting to pack down a bit. My autocorrect want to change the "on" to "in" but they actually are on the snow :D
20210212_091612_resize.jpg20210212_122754_resize.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever How was the visit with your SIL? Bet you could have bribed her to use her oven in exchange for some banana bread. I would have! I think I will wish lots of snow for you... or rather-- for your Gary and his snowblower. Stay safe, warm, and dry!

@Cherylndesigns heh, That is the truth about going to turn on the water when you know it is not working, same with the light switches when the electricity is out. I really, really hope that by the time you read this they have the water back on. On the good hand, if it snows you can bring it inside and heat it to wash up... *not helpful, Faery*

@felis Happy Year of the Ox! Yay for the snow! So happy that you got some. I would have sworn that Middleton would like the snow, he has the fur for it. W really gets a kick out of it. In the photos I posted, you can see where we have a flatter area for them to go potty on. Yesterday W was running around and did a belly flop down the slope. Silly dog. be careful on your walks with the icy roads especially with the cars.
have, um.... fun... crocheting... I found it to be so much easier than knitting although maybe someday I will give that another shot. It isn't always calming for me especially when I am counting to keep track and I get interrupted or distracted. There has to be a trick/hack to do that better.

@LSlycord I.Hate.You. (JK, I adore you!) AC. You are killing me here, bragging about needing AC. How long is the pine going to drop pollen? Poor Shaun, hope that he gets some relief.
I am with ya-- love the Draft feature!!
Thanks-- Caitlyn is very good at what she is doing with the students. There have been a few of them (honestly more than a few) who get very stressed and anxious about all of it and she was/is right there with them. They appreciate having someone validate that. Makes such a difference.

Better get some b-fast. Love and Hugs!!!

LSlycord

I don’t miss the snow. Every morning I check the temperature here and then I check the temperature back home. It is 55 here and -5 (feels like -20) back in Iowa. That I can live without. My Andie would love to play in that snow though @faerywings. Maybe you can switch spots...she comes and plays in the snow with your dogs and you come and sit poolside with me.

I hear you on the vaccine appointments. They are just a disaster here. The governor said that he thinks it is about 2 weeks from when they can move to the next group of people who want the vaccine. I think that is me. First it was anyone in nursing homes, then it was anyone over 65, and next will be high risk. With diabetes, high blood pressure and overweight (managed to get BMI from obese to overweight during the pandemic), and at age 63 1/2, I fit the high risk profile.

But with both Brian and I working from home, it has helped reduce the exposure. The kids go to school but they are good with mask wearing and the school put shields around desks. Each one has been quarantined once but by the time they do the contact tracing they have already been through most of the 10 days.

Last edited:

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns oh my goodness. I love the story of how you got back to Oklahoma...and I love the "compound". If I could, I would do the very same thing. When my parents were living, we lived about 2 miles from them. My brother and SIL lived right next door. They shared a big massive driveway. Now that Dad has died my brother and I still own that house and an adult niece lived in it for awhile and now an adult nephew and his spouse. Randy (my brother) calls it the Compound. I know he would have been happier if they were all out on a piece of land. The niece that lived there for awhile now lives about 10 miles down the road in her husband's childhood home...right across the street from her MIL.

Totally get the family compound thing! Love it!

nancyr

good day - it is cold the high will only be 27 F and of course there is wind chill. But we went out walking with Luther anyway. It was awesome. The paths were mostly cleared so that made me happy. Not many people but more than I expected - lots of joggers really. My son and his MG invited us to dinner tonight. I am excited of course. It is good to see the little ones too. Not much else except wait to see if we get an ice storm. As Chris said we have lots of storms next week and I of course have doctor appointments. Oh well wait and see. My son is really liking his new job so that makes me happy. Several from his old work have now applied to his new one. And he tells the new whether they should hire. He is honest. More hockey today of course. Still not sure when the Devils will play and the Coyotes and the Blues are in the middle of 7 games in a row. Even when there only 6 teams they never played that many in a row. What a weird season.

@faerywings love the photos of the dogs in the snow. I wonder if this snow will melt by spring. That is great that Leah got the splints out. Oh to breathe. I bet she and Scott have a great time. That is such wonderful news about Cait. She is an impressive young woman. Hope the FB has you essential.

@taxed4ever sounds like your weather is stormy and chilly. Yes it seems to cold for your MIL to be outside. Have fun with SIL. Oh no about the oven. The smell of baking in a house is the best. Enjoy the extra day with your MG.

@felis yea! I am so glad you got some snow! Our kitty likes the snow. It is pretty cute actually. I cant believe the dogs don't especially since they were in the rain correct. Me I love snow and hate rain. Rain makes you wet snow does not. Happy Year of the Ox to you too!

@BrightEyes I saw on the weather map you might be getting snow and cold. Take care!

@LSlycord I love that you check the temps in Iowa. I check the temps in AZ and often wonder but I really do like the 4 seasons.

Waving to all
Have a great day!

nancyr

Here are some photos

Attachments

• BOfWkIx7Q4C+f+PpHl4BZg.jpg
    BOfWkIx7Q4C+f+PpHl4BZg.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 7
  • jlR4E9x3Sb+Z99iahF+KWg.jpg
    jlR4E9x3Sb+Z99iahF+KWg.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ABoPtU1+TUSxBY1E56wz%A.jpg
    ABoPtU1+TUSxBY1E56wz%A.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 6

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Happy Saturday everyone! I am late getting here again today. We are getting blasted with a Winter Snow Storm and getting far more snow than what they first predicated. Of course my Gary was up before 5am wanting to see just how much snow we got overnight. He waited until 7:30 and then could not wait any longer to get out and play with his new toy LOL. It was funny to see him so happy out there blowing the driveway off and then he did four of neighbours drives too. What a guy ;) The neighbours love him!! So we are pretty much snowbound today and I will spend a lot of time here at the O catching up on a few things! Good thing that we made it to Sister-In-Law Linda's yesterday the roads are terrible today! We did have a very nice visit and got all of the to do list completed and were back home in time to watch the Bruins game. I was not following my Keto diet very well last night as we ordered Chinese food for supper, but it sure was good! I tried to keep to mostly the veggies and meat and stayed away from the deep fried stuff. Surprisingly my stomach was not bothered at all by it.

@faerywings - Nice to hear that Scott got to be with Leah again! I bet they really missed each other! That is so nice that Caitlyn is helping out so many other students! WTG girl!! Yes right now there are a whole bunch of us that would rather be sitting by the pool in some nice warm country LOL. But this gal ain't going nowhere til this Pandemic is under control!! I have not been listening to or watching anything to do with the impeachment trial, who needs the stress?? I hope that you do not get anymore snow and that what you do have quickly melts away! (wishing the same for myself).

@LSlycord - Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with getting your vaccines in your area also. We haven't heard a darn thing as to when we will be getting ours, let alone how or where we will need to go to get them. Enjoy your nice warm weather, we are all jealous of you and totally understand how you do not miss the winter weather!!

@nancyr - Thanks for sharing your photos, looks very wintery for you also! Oh and Happy Birthday to you! I hope that you have a lovely dinner with your family! It will be great to have the little ones around to help you celebrate! Look at you two trudging through the snow! You certainly are getting your excercise! How nice that your son is loving his new job! It must be such a relief to him as well as you! Yes it certainly is a strange year for hockey! Let's hope next season will be back to a normal schedule!

@felis - Happy New Year of the Ox to you also! So glad to hear that you got the snow that you wanted! We are getting a big bunch of it today and tomorrow, so will be happy to send some of out your way!

@Cherylndesigns - Hope you are getting your water turned back on and your hubby would choke you if he knew you wanted to move back to Florida already LOL Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get your WiFi soon!

Here are a few photos of my DH out having fun with his new toy! He is now having a nap and charging up for the next round of snow blowing LOL. Have a great day everyone!!

Attachments

• IMG_1151-1.jpeg
    IMG_1151-1.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1150-2.jpeg
    IMG_1150-2.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 3

felis

Hello girls!
How many lovely snow pics! I adore!!!

What a stressful day I had! We was went to visit my aunt, when dad call to tells me that our neighbor is very upset as our dog is in they yard and is tangled in some fence. I just sobbed "No, Middle, not again!" this is a new level of troubles. So I left the others and have to run across the town on ice roads. And guess what I found Middleton to sleep in his room. What?! I checked him, his ok!! So checked the door of his room, this time it is ok, as he broke it few days ago. How he is get out and who is bring him back in, and how?
At this moment several of the neighbors are coming, all still very upset and I go to ask what happens?! The family in front of us is new and not know us well, so they are thinking they call to the lady who living in right house from us, or more precisely on her son, not to my dad. And they are all trying to calm down the dog. Poor baby was stuck in one new roll of net and his leash was, wrapped all around the net. His owner have problem with her knee, and can't just to squatting and fix it. The man in which yard this happened was constantly attacked by the dog at some reason, and they all was so scared. Fortunately the dog knows me well and allows me easily to let him free and get back home. Once when I learn that it is not my dog the whole situation was looking to me so funny. But his owner was almost cry and I can understand well this, as I was in this situation few minutes early. She slips on a icy road and dropped down the leash, the dog get run is some direction. And probably is tried to get back home directly crossing the yards, when stuck in this net, as this neighbor have storage materials for new fence construction. It's a small dog around 13 lbs :) (typo, thirteen not three, I've missed the one at front) and I can't understand why this big man was scared from him. But I'm saw how many pets react better to me, because I'm small and looks less threatening than the other vets and nurses.
The lady was so upset that he is not stop on her command and just run off. She was on a step from cry, and I wanted to bring her in and offer a cup of tea, because as british says: "the good cup of tea is the answer to every problem". But in this day I was already contact with too many people, and was better everyone to hide in our homes. She gives me a keys to let the dog home and leave it there, as it tooks her a while to apologize to the man and to come down the street. I bring the naughty boy to his buddy and left them on safe inside. Then I met her back way on the road to give back the keys.
I couldn't understand why she's been out with the dogs, usually she have other to do that for her. I didn't want to show curiosity, but I was SO curious *rolling eyes*!
I hope I explained it well as I'm still excited. I was the whole day. o_O

Chris, it's a shame to have with who to celebrate V Day and to not do it! I'm feeling so lonely! It match with local holiday of wine, but I don't drink much, so can't celebrate even that. Hope you'll find all you need at FP.
OMG, these snow pics are so adorable! Middleton wants only to run and destroy things. He's too young and too energetic for my taste. He don't feel pleasure from the snow at the way that my Biggie did. Few times slip on the snow during run and now he's not fan. Next step definitely is to watch some videos with tips for crocheting, as now I'm learning from book and it's too frustrating.

Linda, I'm not forgot that your Newfypoo (that's the breed not her name, correct?!) swim. This is something for which I'll definitely need advice once when weather here is warm enough. I hope to learn my Middle too, we don't have pool, just a big dog laver (I will show pics), but other dogs looks enjoying on these things.
Ugh pollen allergies are so bad! I'm the big fan of green live and respect to nature, but in this case maybe is better to take these pine tree down and replace it with other more friendly kind?!

Cheryl, oh it's so sweet that you implement your SIL's dream to have his whole family living together, I'm missed this part. It's so cute!

Nancy, same for me snow better than rain! Hope the storms at your area to not be too bad! How nice to have family diner, enjoy it! The snow trees looks awesome!

Trudy, so sweet, your hubby is like a boy with his toy! :D Aww, so nice to make it for the neighbours drives too. Chinese food sounds pretty good choice for the Chinese New Year to me!

@scrap-genie Jean, I miss you, pop in when you can! I know you enjoying celebrate Valentine's day, come to tell us, honey!

Last edited:

scrap-genie

IMG_2561_sm.jpg Here's more snow from me, looking across the street two days ago. We've had some cold and expect more along with two coming snows. Today I've been running on fumes because I stayed up late (as usual) then had to get up early for a genealogy meeting and then a webinar at noon. @felis you asked a while back about sponsoring a program and by that I meant that we arranged for the speaker and set up the Zoom meeting and then the speaker talked about the subject. One thing that happened while the O was off, I got my first vaccine shot Jan. 31. DH has appt for his 2nd on Friday but I still have to wait. Some of our friends have gotten theirs but others are scrambling but not getting appts.

@felis I can well imagine your upset when you thought it was Middleton in trouble. You were a sweetie to help with both the little dog and the owner. But then that's you. Glad you got across the snowy town without mishap. For Val. Day we don't really fuss but DH always gets a card and we'll have what we think is a nice dinner. Since you reminded me of the Chinese New Year, I looked at the drawing I did back at the start of the last Year of the Dragon (https://scrap-genie.blogspot.com/2012/02/drawing-29-year-of-dragon.html) and decided print it as DH's card (Dragon is his year). Sorry your dogs don't like to play in the snow, but at least you got some. Wish most of us getting more soon (or now) could send a little of it to you.

@taxed4ever Trudy, I think your snow is a coming attraction for those of us east of you. Your MG is certainly going to get his fun with the new "toy". Time for you to stay home and safe.

@nancyr Nancy, Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a good time with it. Your DS with the new job sure sounds happier so of course you are too.

@LSlycord OK, rub it in about your temps. Just wait until the heat & humidity of summer. Sorry the pine pollen is a problem, but please don't cut them down!

@faerywings Chris, sorry you didn't get the vax appt! But staying home & safe I guess you can still wait a bit. But everyone can't get it yet because there isn't that much of it to give out. Hope the FP run was a success. Funny about crocheting, I couldn't (wouldn't) learn it from my mother, but as an adult I took a class and then got way into it both with clothes and fiber art. But knitting remained a mystery to me.

Cheryl, Kay, Rae, and all, waving HI!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
No snow here just cold for us (40's) and a hard freeze on Monday night, which we rarely get in south Louisiana. this is the Mardi Gras big weekend which was cancelled and I am just as glad, as I am too old for cold day or night parades. I use to ride on one on this Saturday for 10 years, but even today would have been too cold for me! The day before it was 70??? crazy weather for sure.

LSlycord

@nancyr hope you had a fun day...especially the birthday dinner. Wow...the snow really does look beautiful! I am enjoying my warm weather but I do miss a couple of weeks of winter.

@taxed4ever well it sure looks like your DH had fun with that snowblower. I would have loved having him for a neighbor when we lived in the Midwest. So remind me, is he still working? For some reason, I thought that I remembered him retiring in. Although maybe he retired from the Mounties and took another job. Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me...one of the things that I don't really like about getting older is that my mind isn't quite the steel trap that it used to be.

@felis oh my, it does sound like you had quite the experience with the dogs. And 13 pounds certainly does not sound like it should be frightening to a grown man. I will find some pictures of our dogs swimming. You are right, Newfypoo is the breed. She is such a natural swimmer. We took her to a big lake as a puppy and she would jump out of the boat and swim but she had to have a life jacket on. In our pool, she never wears a life jacket. Her sister, the Sheepadoodle, is able to swim but not that good. She lets her back legs hang down and she looks more like she is trying to walk than swim.

@scrap-genie no worries about us cutting down any of the trees. That is where all of our birds hang out and I love watching the birds. It really makes me happy. The heat and humidity is not my favorite. Only time I go out is in the very early morning or to swim. So this is definitely my favorite time of year!

LSlycord

Andie at Lake of Ozarks.jpg
@felis, this was Andie as a puppy swimming at the lake with the kids. You throw a ball and she will swim hard to get it and bring it back!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Late getting here today. The cold is heading our way RIGHT NOW. Temps are falling like a rock. Been getting Winter Weather Advisories for the past hour. Now sure how much snow we will get but the temps will be brutal. High tomorrow will be whatever the temp is at midnight tonight... maybe 15* at that time. And tomorrow will be even lower with wind chills at -8*! Definitely staying home for the next several days as we have 2 snow fronts coming back to back. They were concerned about water and pipes freezing so advising that a water faucet be left running slowly overnight. Playing it safe and filled a several jugs with water. They are expecting to break most if not all the temp records with below freezing and subzero temps for most of the state.

I am on the laptop right now and I mate the keyboard and touch pad. Always 'accidently' touching the pad and the cursor jumps somewhere. Grrr... So will keep this short. Hope we don't lose power.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@VickiStegall I'm SO sorry!!! :eek: I believe that we jinxed OK, too! I'm dying here - can't stand it! I told the family I was ready to go back to Florida!! I'm literally freezing to death. Our water froze up AGAIN today!! UGH. This is not what I signed up for.

It makes me feel a little better that we're in The Polar Vortex!!:eek::eek:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
@VickiStegall I'm SO sorry!!! :eek: I believe that we jinxed OK, too! I'm dying here - can't stand it! I told the family I was ready to go back to Florida!! I'm literally freezing to death. Our water froze up AGAIN today!! UGH. This is not what I signed up for.

It makes me feel a little better that we're in The Polar Vortex!!:eek::eek:
It's awful! I didn't sign up for this either! We own 2 convertibles for goodness sake lol

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@BrightEyes our water is on constantly too. I don't even notice it now but it bugged me at first. We're going down to -16!! Unheard of for her! Our water froze for the second time today! I yi yi yi yi :eek::eek:

@LSlycord we were having the time of our lives until this ghastly weather moved in! It's all good (I keep telling myself this horrid cold weather won't last long). It IS wonderful to see the family every day. They just "pop in" whenever they're out and about. We've all been hunkering down, but still get together every evening. That's so cool that you also have a "compound".

Waving to all and we're having our usual Sunday family dinner and calling it a "Valentine Dinner".

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
It's awful! I didn't sign up for this either! We own 2 convertibles for goodness sake lol
I honestly thought we jinxed it. The kids and I all went to Muskogee last weekend in our sweatshirts and were so euphoric because "if this is as bad as it gets - the winter's here aren't too bad"! BOOM!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@taxed4ever would you believe the water froze up again today??? They thought they had it wrapped okay yesterday and it froze up again! They honestly aren't used to these frigid temperatures. We're all letting one faucet run 24/7 now. We actually had ours running all last night and it still froze. The guys put heated taped - many layers around the pipes today and my son-in-law was calling around to see if anybody had bales of hay to pile on top. Awful, awful cold here -

@felis yes, this has been his dream for years. He actually wants to get his parents on the property too. Maybe even his sister. Currently, they live about an hour away and don't want to move. He just wants everybody right here. What a sweet dream, yes?

@faerywings I'm not sure if you saw an earlier post - I'm very "dingy" tonight - LOL. They got the water fixed and the pipes froze up again today!! We even had our faucet in the guest bath running a small trickle all night. The guys wrapped the pipes in heated tape and were going to wrap everybody else's pipes because of the unusual cold weather. Our son-in-law was calling around to find hay bales to put around the pipes, too.

Last edited:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Valentine's Day to all of my Galentines <3
I see that I opened yesterday's post by being pretty cranky. I don't think I am any less cranky and sadly, a bit achier. My big "project" yesterday was pulling chunks of snow and ice off of the hedges. My neighbor called to let us know that the snow had bent them over and with the additional ice we were getting overnight, she was concerned that they would snap. Since theyare what is holding our patio in place, it is really important they don't do that. Because the snowbanks are so high, I had to go through their driveway and yard to get to the hedges and what I thought was going to be shaking some snow off turned into climbing into them and pulling large chunks of hard snow from them, and digging the branches out from under 6-10 inches of snow.
FP was ok- got some coffee and a chicken and pumpkin donuts :) On the way home, Cait noticed that the tiny chip I had in my windshield is now a 5" long crack so we are going to have to get that replaced. pfft. The afternoon was spent working on a puzzle and screaming at the TV during the trial with her. Cait is telling me a lot about her crush, he sounds like he is very nice and they can't wait until they are vaccinated so they can go on a date. 2021... SMH...

Other than the usual laundry/dishes/tidying up I have nothing that I have to do. No rush on the food shopping since my spot is not until Thursday. I will try to work a bit more on the album for Christopher.

Have a fab day, my O-zies!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thanks for liking the pics of my pups in the snow. Anyone want to guess whose car is in the photo on the right? :D You might not be able to see since the image is small (still trying to figure the best way for me to upload/insert images!), but the white sticker on the back is a rat.

@LSlycord I bet you are happy to be in FL and not IA. I think you are onto something-- I will pack a bag and a bathing suit and be on my way to you. We still have plenty of dog supplies so your pup will have food and a bed and lots of treats! FL seems to be in its own special level of COVID hell. Congrats on the BMI!!! *high 5*

@Cherylndesigns Before I forget- there is a podcast episode with Rebecca Nagel about "This Land" --link to the Apple Pod HERE.

I adore the idea of a family compound but I have a strange sense if we had that, I would have to put down some firm boundaries with the parents and ILs LOL I really wish we lived closer 45 minutes away from everything is just far enough to make it a pain to visit as much as I wish we could.

@nancyr Happy birthday!! The weather channel says that we are going to get above freezing today. I sure hope so since it was 17* when I woke up. How was your birthday dinner with DS and MG?
I hope that the storms/ice don't mess up your Drs appts. Scott has an MRI on Friday but I think that's it for us to be out and about this week. Be safe! Love the pic of Luther in the snow!! Have you seen any of the photos of Champ and Major at the White House? GS's are gorgeous dogs. Just gorgeous. Luther is a beauty and a good boy!

@taxed4ever Your Gary is so funny!! What is it with guys and their toys? :p That is really nice of him to snow blow for the neighbors. How much snow did you end up getting? I have been craving Chinese food recently too, My mom sent us some money for V Day to order some but the closest place that makes decent vegetarian options is 25 mins away so no one has wanted to go out in the cold. heh. Really happy to hear that your stomach was ok after eating it.

@felis- OH my goodness what a stressful day, your heart must have dropped when you thought it was Middleton that got out. I am glad that he was safe and sound. You are so nice that you went and helped the dog (I know you couldn't do otherwise!). The poor baby must have been terrified and his mom must have been frantic. I would be the same way. I have been the same way when my dogs have gotten out. Absolutely frantic. You must have such a caring and kind way with animals.
Maybe someday Middle will calm down a bit in the snow. Ray was never too happy in it but W-- she goes bananas. Do you have enough videos to watch for crocheting? I have a few websites bookmarked that I can share.

@scrap-genie Have you and DH been able to get everything you need in between snowstorms? Be safe if you have to go out. This is a PITB to have it every few days. Were you able to sleep in a bit today to catch up on the buy days with the genealogy meetings? That is great news that you got the vaccine! My dad got his 2nd dose last week and had no reaction to it. Hopefully, it will be easier to get appts scheduled soon. This Admin seems to be on the ball with it so *fingers crossed*

@scrapinmom that is quite a big drop in temps to go from 70 to 40. Yikes. Yeah, 40 sounds balmy to me about now but I bet in LA has to feel like it is 20 below here. It is Mardi Gras already? My niece went to NO right after it last year and I was so worried about her going as the cases were really ramping up. She ended up cutting her trip short by a few days. Feels so weird to think back to last year. What a different world.

@LSlycord Look at the little swimmer! Love the life jacket, but a very smart idea. W loves to swim but we have to keep her on a leash when we do that b/c she would probably keep on swimming forever. *G*

@BrightEyes I hope that you are warm and snug inside, stay safe! This is such crazy weather. Good thoughts for your power to stay on!

@VickiStegall You might get 2 feet of snow?? Oh my goodness. Are you ready for it? You guys stay safe and warm too.

@Cherylndesigns argh!!! I really hope that your pipes don't freeze up again. What a mess!!! Hang in there.

xoxo to you all!!

LSlycord

Good morning @faerywings. Get your bags packed. We will have such a good time. It's a little chilly this morning (56) but still nice enough to drink my coffee on the lanai while listening to the birds and checking out the O's! Sounds like it was a good idea that you got out and knocked the snow and ice off the bushes. I used to hate it when that happened.

We spent some time yesterday at the nursery looking at plants. Now that really does feel like springtime.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Woke up to a white landscape outside. We don't have a lot of snow... yet.... maybe 2"-3". It was 8* and -17* wind chill. It just started snowing again but tiny flakes right now. Stepped out front to snap a few photos and couldn't see the mountain due to the snow in the air. Last night I was smart enough to open all the cabinets doors where the sinks are... kitchen and bath rooms... as most are along an outside wall. Just glad that our water pipes are buried underneath the concrete slab so no exposed pipes as there is no crawl space. Even so, I left one of the faucets with a trickle of water running. I know compared to many of you, we are getting off lightly in the amount of snow... but the frigid temps are horrible.

Cheryl, so sorry about your water freezing on you again! Those frigid temps are so unusual for your area. I remember my uncle using hay bales stacked around his house in northern NM to help insulate the crawl space. Hope your family was able to get enough heater tape and hay bales to help.

Chris, I remember when we lived on Long Island, NY have snow piles in parking lots that didn't melt away from Nov to May. What a chore to have to climb into the bushes to get the hard-packed snow off of them. Please be careful when you are out. My son-in-law in MO took 2 falls in 1 day when he slipped on his icy driveway.

Uh, oh.... power was just flickering so closing this out. CYL

LSlycord

@BrightEyes we lived about 2 years in Texas many years ago and we had a couple of cold snaps (for Texas, nothing compared to what we were used to) but we would open the cupboard doors and leave some water run.

nancyr

good day - Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yesterday my birthday dinner at my son's was so fun. Pork Chops and brussel sprouts and broccoli. And chocolate cake for dessert. Livie helped her mom make it. How cute is that. They are my bubble people and Jackie and Chaz have had their first vaccine shots and have tested negative so we are doing this safely. While my other son who works on lots of car from NYC did not come as they did not think it was safe. Jackie took out a new toy, a nerf rocket launcher and omgosh the kids had such a good time attacking my DH with the little nerf rockets. Each time they hit they would scream. He would fall to the ground and they would scream some more. So so cute. And so fun. You would have think they had won a championship. They were also all happy that tomorrow is President's day and now work or school. My DH's school is not taking any holidays so he has work tomorrow. Now today we went out with Luther to a different park. It is still beautiful and we saw a red tailed hawk. So exciting. And we did not get the ice they had thought as it stayed to the south. Yea! Still more storms possible but I am hoping they go south too!

@faerywings Chris hey we did not get ice! I am so happy about that. Glad you got some stuff at the FP. The snow took down some of our bushes too. Hope they will bounce back in the spring.

@taxed4ever I loved the photos of your MG out with his snow blower. That is awesome he did other drive ways too! Glad the visit went so well. Did you get your banana bread baked?

@BrightEyes wow that is cold. Sorry you have to keep the water running to prevent pipes from freezing. I remember in Wisconsin we did too but it finally got better insulation so that helped. Keep care and stay warm!

@LSlycord have fun in the sun! If I went to the nursery and bought plants they would die. I am horrible and have no green thumb! And I am hope for a soon spring.

@Cherylndesigns your compound sounds so cool! My son and his MG live in the city she was born and raised. It is like the whole city is a compound. Her whole family is within walking distance of each other. It is wonderful to see their closeness. Enjoy and keep the water running!

@scrap-genie Hi Jean good to see you. Glad your zoom meetings are going so well. I saw on news someone lawyer logged on while using a cat filter. It was so funny. I figure that might happen to me LOL. So have the Indians left for spring training yet?

@felis Omgosh that story about the dogs had to be so scary. They had to be so thrilled that you were there to help. But I know that you are that kind giving person. Glad it all worked out so well! They will never forget your goodness. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

Have a great day!

felis

Hello girls!
Thank you so much, your presents finally start to arrive and we get 20-30 centimetres of snow. We could not agree, as my parents measure it on different places. The news said 28 centimetres for my area, and I don't know where the 2cm to 30 are gone lol. I think this is around 11 inches. Blessings! I spend the afternoon making trails. And mom was worried that I will be outside so long, but kind of relief that I expressly refused any form of help! Dad was hurry after work to do that and I think he was also relief to see that it is already done! Just don't tells him that there is not trail to the backside building (Seriously I don't get it why we need trails, when can just use my boots to cross the snow and get wood!).

Happy valentines day, to these of you that celebrate it!
At first my plan was to hide at the bed for the whole day and multiple time to rewatch "Benjamin" (its have one of the most lovely movie ends ever!!!) :oops:, but then somehow I start conversation with one of the girls I follow on IG and she reminds me how stupid it is to compare yourself to others. I don't even care so much, but it's kind of harmful your phone to be so quiet on Valentine's days! Oh wait, this is so funny: few days ago some idiot sends me offer to be 'my valentine'. I wish I was get screenshot to can together laugh on that, but it was so gross that I blocked him instinctively, before to get copy. 56, he explained how he is 56 and how quality he live in US. OMG why he think this is acceptable years difference, 20 years, 22, he is older than my mom!!! At first I decided that he maybe think I'm near to 50 years too. But then friend told me that, no, just some men search for 'lambs', thinking that it's impressive for east europeans when someone say that he is american (and it's mostly also lie), so ridiculous and grossly!!! And in general how is possible someone to be so stupid to not make difference between Instagram and Tinder? LOL

Jean, great idea about the dragon card! Oh, then this sponsoring a program sounds as a very helpful organizing support! Yes, cutting the tree definitely was bad idea from my side!

@scrapinmom I remember you was explain me about Mardi Gras few years ago, sorry it was canceled this year, sounds as a lot of fun even in the cold!

Linda, awww so cool! Personally I'm afraid from the deep, but dog in pool is always cute view! Wow your kids are brave with this lake! :D

Cheryl, if they live about an hour away and don't want to move, then the only decision to can the whole family to be together is to buy the whole property between. LOL! Part of our buildings (technically the apartment where my cats living now, but it was my grandparent home,) is old and now we have to stop the water there for the whole winter, it's realy very uncomfortable and in list for repairs! So I completely understand your pain!

Chris, It sound frustrating and kind of dangerous (because of the ice), but I'm sure that the hedges are grateful to you for the assistance to lose some weight! Ugh, the young love shouldn't wait, self isolation is the key! My sister was telling how she is never spend so many days alone as now with all these quarantines. There they are together, but here she stay isolated alone.
Oh, yes please, if you can recommend me some beginners or low level crocheting, this would be awesome and highly appreciated, as I have no idea from where to start!

Kay, smart of your site to take action pipes to not freeze! Hope power to stay or at least to not go for too long! Do you have candles or lantern around, just in case?

Nancy, your birthday party sounds so cute and so fun! So sorry that you wasn't able to be with both of your sons! I'm sure that for him is been very difficult too!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@nancyr it's wonderful to have the whole family so close. Especially now that the kids are getting to be so big (and strong). Haha My grandson is 6'3" and can reach almost everything. Our water went out again this morning. Son-in-law has found out it's a switch. He's gone to try to get a new one right now.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@felis that would be the answer - buy the whole property in between. You understand the "no water" thing then. Ours froze up again today - day number 3.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Hi ladies. It’s been a busy wkend with the snow and taking the dogs out as much as we can to play in it. Bella is in heaven, loving it. Taz is so-so about it but he’s a good sport and plays with her. Other than that we’ve been binging some shows. Maybe I’ll get to scrap a bit tomorrow.

Loving all the pics shared this wkend :)