Oscraps

Daily Ooos August 13-14 ::: Weekend Edition

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Ok, dummy here. How do I paste a GIF in here? It gives me a "file too large" error.

Kythe

CHEERY O
I am so bored. I get up early to do my 3km walk before it gets hot, play Words with Friends with my sister, read a little, and put laundry in, all before 9am. Now I have the rest of the day to myself.
I have completed all but 2 challenges and got my Sept challenge ready to go.
Venting:
I refuse to try to clean up around DH's mess he leaves on the floor. The living room has had cables and electrical doodads scattered around since last fall as he is intermittently fixing the TV sound system. The office has all his computer stuff spread over the floor leaving a narrow path through to my computer area. He says he is thinking about a new computer desk. hmm he has been thinking for 4 months and counting.
I think I am suffering from cabin fever. We go nowhere, do nothing but grocery shop,watch TV and occasionally eat out at some fast food place. Oh how I would love to go to a decent restaurant. Maybe for our anniversary which is coming up but I'm not holding my breath.
Enough of the self pity party.
I will go work on another challenge.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I refuse to try to clean up around DH's mess he leaves on the floor. The living room has had cables and electrical doodads scattered around since last fall as he is intermittently fixing the TV sound system. The office has all his computer stuff spread over the floor leaving a narrow path through to my computer area. He says he is thinking about a new computer desk. hmm he has been thinking for 4 months and counting.
I think I am suffering from cabin fever. We go nowhere, do nothing but grocery shop,watch TV and occasionally eat out at some fast food place. Oh how I would love to go to a decent restaurant. Maybe for our anniversary which is coming up but I'm not holding my breath.
Enough of the self pity party.

Ugh - I'm so sorry hun. I am a homebody, so it doesn't bother me that much when I'm cooped up. I homeschooled Meli so I'm used to being at home.

When is your anniversary? Ours is October 4th!

scrap-genie

Hopefully this will be a normal lazy Sunday. Off to make popcorn soon that we eat while DH works on two crossword puzzles (and we have sports on TV for background.) It's the first day in a while that I haven't been going somewhere either in person or Zoom, or both. Yesterday, after a genealogy meeting, I cranked out three LOs that I really enjoyed and then Ona gave the last a SO to make me even happier. Oh, the popcorn is just hot air - no wine in it for us.

Chris @faerywings so good you and your mom had that time away. Sounds like she really needed it. Hope your dad gets good news on his hip. I still have trouble getting my head around goth girl going bride-to-be on us. I know it was 1968, but we told our parents a week before we got married after talking to the minister to make arrangements. Only five of us, including the minister, at the actual wedding ceremony. Still and all it worked as here we still are.

Eva @tanteva all those letters sound wonderful. What fun for your pen pals. Good luck surviving work tomorrow. And thanks for that disturbing image of the axe.

Linda @LSlycord all those photos will keep you busy for sure! How can they have hidden like that? Look forward to your scrapping the family trip to Costco! I once wrote in the family newsletter about our "dream trip" to Fort Wayne, Indiana, for the library there. Only a genealogist would think of Fort Wayne that way, similarly for Costco?

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns so sorry for your friend in the hospital! Wishing him well and his family too.

Susie @pachimac those are cute pups. Hope the one is all better and stays that way!

Betty Jo @Betty Jo that was a very scary story about the telephone and lightening! I do remember in the old days being told to stay off the phone during thunderstorms, but to have it jump like that, wow!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!