Oscraps

Daily Ooos: April 24-25: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Weekend! I had a great time with my mom and my day. It felt amazing to be able to hug her and to be inside her house and talk and see her face. We went to the Italian place we love for lunch and we were planning on sitting outside but nope, it was freezing. My family goes there all of the time so they are friends with the owner so he was able to set us up where no one else was. My dad came by at the end of lunch and I got to hug him too.:)

It was funny when the owner came to talk to us, he asked how I had been and I said how nice it was to be out in the real world again and that I was happy to be at his restaurant- which coincidentally was the last place I was before lockdown last year. He got a kick out of that. Delicious lunch too- salad with burrata cheese (new to me, it is like fresh mozzarella but softer) and a white pizza with loads of roasted garlic, spinach, and eggplant. My mom and I split them and I was able to bring home leftovers for dinner.

I was so happy when I got him until both kids are trying to find Drs in our crappy insrance plan. Looking more into it, it looks like we are going to lose that eligibility and will have to buy the insurance, and yikes I forgot how *$@#* expensive it is. I woke up at 3 am in a panic over it.

Today, I am running to the FP, please let there be coffee!

Have fun today! xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@nancyr How exciting to be planning for all of these happy events- a wedding and a trip to AZ! Congrats on the new camera, you are going to have so many awesome pictures to scrap. Gary told me that we should be over 70* midweek and I can't wait, my toes are frozen ATM.

Hi Rae!

@felis I am relieved that you are starting to feel better. Have a wonderful Easter!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies.

@faerywings it sounds like yesterday was just about perfect! I'm so happy that you were able to have a "normal" visit with your mom. It sounds like the restaurant lunch was awesome. I just can't imagine how wonderful that hug felt.

@felis I am glad that you are feeling better. Have a very blessed Easter.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@tanteva As if we could forget you!!!!! How the heck have you been???
It is actually funny- last week I was cleaning out old emails and I still have some from you from a few years ago!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. Remi had me up at 6:30 but that is much better than the 5:30 or 6:00 of previous few wks. Her scar is almost healed from the IV site infection and it looks like her scar is a thin line about 1.5" and then a circular spot about the size of a dime. It could have been so much worse, considering how big and deep the infection had been and maybe the fur will cover it a bit more as it grows. Regardless, its a small thing as long as she is healthy which she seems to be. She gained 4 lbs in the last 3 wks, now is 20 lbs. It's looking like she'll be a bit bigger than we expected which is ok. I will be happy with whatever size she turns out to be as long as she is healthy.

I'm going to look into pet insurance, not sure if I'll get it for Remi or not and how her existing health issues will affect premiums. We have a line of credit that we could use if it were needed for costly procedures so really have to look at what might the best option.

Today I need to get some house chores done, work on tax stuff and then will scrap a bit and binge watch some shows later. D is on call for work this wkend so he could get called out at any time for work. I'll take Remi to the pet store later and maybe walk around the outside strip mall area for socialization if its not raining too hard.

I'm reading Ominous by Lisa Jackson and enjoying it.

@faerywings I never heard of that cheese either. The pizza sounds good. Sorry to hear about the insurance.

Remi is sleeping in her crate, I'm going to take advantage of the time and get some CT work done. Have a good day everyone.

felis

@tanteva is slavic family name, where are you from darling?

OK, Sweden, I saw in your profile but then from were this name came, Eva? As I'm Bulgarian.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@faerywings
How have I been??? OMG ... life's been crazy. But I'm back from the depts of despair and anxiety. Lots of therapy and meditation.
Haven't been digiscrapping for like 5 years, was wondering the other day if I should try again. But I don't even have my Photoshop Elements installed on this computer. Miss being creative. Even though I knit and crochet a lot these days, it's not the same.
Still happily married. Will never let that man go. LOL
John is 23 now, still living home being a proper nerd.
2 new cats - the old ones are by the rainbow bridge.
That's about it.

@felis
Tant Eva is Swedish for Auntie Eva. Eva is my name. Oh, and I am in Sweden.

felis

@felis
Tant Eva is Swedish for Auntie Eva. Eva is my name. Oh, and I am in Sweden.
oh, right. -ova -eva is the way that all female family cyrillic names end. And Eva Tanteva is typical name, but I guess Eva is typical name for the whole christian world. I love Sweden, anywhere, have a close friend there, lovely place. If I'm not mistaken you are very eco friendly oriented country?!

Sorry about your cats, that's so sad!
Don't worry, we all are been on that place (with the depression and OCD for me), more importance is that you're feels better now! Know that here we are always opened to talk about! O is a safety place.

Last edited:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! I had a super busy day yesterday and never got in here to say Hi to all of you :( . I started my morning having a face time call with Mason, we chatted for quite awhile and he showed me all of his dinosaurs, he is dinosaur crazy!! I want to make both boys some t-shirts, so of course the one for Mason will have a dinosaur on it :). Hunter was in pre-school and apparently not too happy about it, he wanted to stay home with his brother. Pretty hard for Mason to get his on-line learning done with Hunter there always wanting him to play with him. After talking with Mason and Heather, it was time for me to get my grocery order. Came home and still had not made the bed or emptied the dishwasher. Had a bite to eat and then ran out to the paper crafting store as the owner wanted to place a Norwex order with me, she bought a lot of stuff LOL. I stayed way too long talking with her and then I needed to get to the hairdresser to have my cut and colour. My hair feels and looks so much better!! Stoped in at a neighbours and picked up another Norwex order from her. That is the longest time I have had to wear a mask, boy it sure was good to take that darn thing off once I got home. DH decided he wanted to treat me to dinner, so he picked up some great stir fry from a local place that does take out. I was happy to not have to cook!! Today we will be doing some running around, for some reason we need to pick up another white wine kit :rolleyes: and I need to run into Walmart for a couple of things. It is a rainy day here so it will be good to just relax in the afternoon and perhaps watch some TV for a change. Our son and wife have had their first vaccine shots. The military has their own supply of vaccinations, so that is good that they got that done! Hopefully it won't be too much longer for Heather and Jonah to get theirs.

@faerywings - I am so happy for you that you got to hug both your Mom and Dad! So nice that you also got to eat at the Italian Restaurant and have a visit with the owner! Hope you can get your coffee from the FP today! How will you make it through the day without coffee o_O!! Sorry that the kids are having a hard time finding Drs. Ouch on the cost of Insurance too!! Dam insurance companies that take all of your money and then always find a reason why they shouldn't cover you for something! I hate the way the world is now!

@bcgal00 - Sorry you had to get up so darn early, but glad to hear that your sweet Remi is doing so well now! Hope you can get the Pet Insurance and that the premiums won't be too high! Enjoy your day with the dogs and hope you can get your CT work done! Is it a rainy day for you too! Funny how our weather can be so different from the Mainland sometimes.

@nancyr - Great score on the camera!! How wonderful to hear about all of the wedding planning that is happening for your son and his lovely bride to be! That is strange that a business would prefer cheques to a Credit Card, weird!! Hope you get out for a nice bike ride today!

@felis - I am happy that you are feeling better sweetie! Food poisoning is the worst! I had a bad case on my 18th birthday, never want to go through that again!! Have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the time with family!

@tanteva - WOW!!! how great to see you here again! It has been way too long! I am happy to hear that you are back from the darkness and hope that you are able to get back to digiscrapping soon!!

Well I better get myself into the shower and then it is Omelettes for brunch today. I am thinking mushrooms, peppers and lots of cheese Omelettes , yummy!! Have a great Saturday everyone!

tanteva

@taxed4ever
According to my gallery, it's been 5 years since I was here! Crazy.

Just installed my PSE ... now to see if I remember how to digiscrap. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. My sister just left to head back to her home in TX. What a wonderful week we had together. So glad that my niece is planning on staying in the area for another month or two so will get in more visits with her. Got a call from DD#1 yesterday to say we was thinking about me on our anniversary. It would have been 66 if hubby had lived. Having sis here made the day easier to deal with so that was a bonus. Niece and DD#3 came over last evening for dinner and we talked, laughed and had a great "Girls night in" together. It was even more wonderful to be able give and get hugs from everyone. I think I missed the hugs the most since Covid started. DD#3 brought down a bunch of LuLaRoe leggings that she had bought (found at a huge discount) to share with us. I snagged a couple of red and gold print ones as I had just bought a tunic length short sleeve stretch tee in red earlier this week when Sis and I were out shopping. So the anniversary was a fun and happy day rather than sad one.

I need to play catch up on my scrapping now that company is gone. It will take me a few days to do that.

Chris, so glad you got to get and give hugs to your parents. I sure that really boosted your spirits. How neat the owner of the restaurant was glad to see you again and was able to seat you with space around your group.

Trudy, I read about your wine spill.... hope the insurance will pick up whatever repairs are necessary. Wow, you really had a long day out running errands. Your Dh was so sweet to get take from your dinner so you didn't have to cook after that long day.

Rae, glad to hear that Remi is doing so much better. Hope the pet insurance premiums won't be too outrageous.

Welcome back, Eva. Will look forward to getting to know. So glad you are going to try scrapping again.

Well, have to get busy playing catch up. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning everybody! @tanteva it's so nice to "meet you".

I had a big long post last night and just realized that I forgot to hit "reply". I had a terrible reaction to my second shot and still don't feel great today. I went into all the deets on my post, and tried to c/p it but didn't get it all. My brain is still about half mush.

It hit me like a ton of bricks about 11 PM Thurs night and I didn't get out of bed all day yesterday. My arm that I got the shot in was almost completely paralyzed and my neck on that side was, too.

I can't believe I forgot to hit send. (insert the little birdies flying around the head emoji)

I'm going to make this short because I still can't seem to type very well - Chris @faerywings I'm SO thrilled that you got to spend the day with your parents and got to go out to eat.

Nancy @nancyr SO happy for you too with all the wedding joy. Yes, my planter is beautiful even w/o plants in it.

I'm very happy about one thing - WIFI is coming!! The company has put little flags all over the property - LOTS of them!

I'll try to jump on later. Typing makes my arm start aching again.

Waving to all and sending hugs - don't hug me too tightly, though. LOL

LSlycord

@tanteva of course I remember you. I’ve been gone for quite awhile myself and only made it back here in February. I felt like I was relearning everything when it came time to scrap. But, it is coming back to me gradually and I love it! Welcome back!

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns I am so sorry to hear that the vaccine hit you so hard! Hope today turns that around. And WiFi is coming? Finally! For real? It must be real if they are putting the flags up! Can’t wait for you to have that done!

LSlycord

@taxed4ever it sounds like yesterday was a really good day! Lots of visiting. I love what a good job you do with talking to your grandkids on the phone, covering the distance with love.

@bcgal00 I saw a picture on your Facebook page of Remi. what a beautiful dog she is. I’m so glad that she has healed up so well and really glad that she found you!

@BrightEyes do you miss your sister? Visits are the best, but it always feels a little empty to me when people go home. The timing of that visit was perfect for you to have a way to remember your anniversary.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Thanks SO much, Linda! @LSlycord it's been pretty bad, but I feel a lot better today.

Yes, the WIFI is coming and they say in the next 2 weeks. Of course, everybody here is on "lake time" so 2 weeks might mean a month. At least the flags are in!!

scrap-genie

EVA!!! @tanteva so very happy to see you here again. There are several I miss and think of from Daily Os of the past and you are one. Can't think of Man United (or was it Man City :eek:) without remembering you. Yea that you have PSE installed again.

Kythe

CHEERY O
I have been lurking lately. Too many things to do in one day. I really have to set the timer so that I don't sit at the computer so long.

I finally got my planters done so I am ready for summer. plant wise. We get a lot of shade on the patio so my plant choice is limited. I did manage to get some colourful ones that can survive in a mix of sun and shade,
I am so envious of those who can see and interact with friends and family once again. My DH and I both got our first shot with no problems at all. Now I have to wait for my daughter to get hers.

I became a grandaunt once again. I may have to settle for that as my daughter is in no hurry to have children of her own. Oh well it is her life and choice which I respect.

Have a good weekend everyone.

felis

Hello girls!
Anybody else ready for the big Oscars night? I'll have to sleep more today so to can stay awake as here it's into the night time. It wouldn't be the same without the red carpet and the fashion show, I'm not sure it will worth it at all, but that's are my plans for today. I'm not sure that it's so exciting for US when all actors are americans, but for me as a Bulgarian with only one nominated bulgarian actress this is really a big thing.

Chris, it's absolutely lovely that you hug your family at the order you wanted! Italian restaurant is lovely choice for first place to be!

Linda, I'm so happy to hear that you had funny friend's visit!

Rae, you have pet insurance? Wow, you have back up plan for everything. No such a thing here. I hope everything gonna be alright, but yes it's good to be prepared just in case. I'm been in situation to sell jeweterry and electronics to pay vet bill.

Trudy, congrats for the new haircut! Good luck in choosing new wine kit! Do your hiking group will be together soon?

Kay, your family is so resourceful to provide you some distraction on difficult day. I guess it's a bittersweet anniversary, at least you had that happiness which not comes for everybody! Sending you hugs!

Cheryl, get well soon, darling! Yay for the wifi (fingers crossed to happen this month)! When the shot side effects gone I'll be curious to learn a little bit more about your walk/marathon supporting the Alzheimer fundraising!

Kythe, congrats for became a grandaunt! Don't forget to show us your planter in bloom!

Jean, wave!

tanteva

I have to say ... it's really hard to digiscrap! I've forgotten everything. Took me forever just to install my favorite style into PSE. I have PSE 11, but I only used it for a very short time before I quit. Since then I have a new computer with Windows 10 ... both I'm not really friends with. Hence ... everything's really weird.

And since I like to make things easy ... I decided to make a LO using Anna Aspnes' designs ... lots of photo blends and stuff I don't remember ... LOL

Well ... I did get it done, and I'm so far away from the class I was. It's definetely not like riding a bike!!!

Now I have to find another profile photo. I have new glasses and gray hair. I don't recognize myself on that photo.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning...
or is it?? Dun dunnnn...
It hasn't been the greatest of mornings but it could have been way worse. I didn't sleep great, woke up at 3 am in a panic over health insurance. I fell back asleep only to have a nightmare about Caitlyn and I driving the wrong way on a highway and her hitting and killing some guy who was in the road wearing a hockey uniform. I was trying to cover him with a blanket b/c he was cold and the bystanders kept telling me not to bother, that he wasn't sleeping. After that dream, neither was I!
I finally get out of bed, turn on my computer, and nothing. It won't boot up again. This happened on Friday but we thought we fixed it by unplugging it for a bit. I tried that again and again... annnd again. Nothing. Gary takes the thing apart and tries it again with an old graphics card. That works but now I am down to one monitor- [drama smilie -- the horror!] but it doesn't run too well. I have to decide what to do about it.
I was really freaking out that if the whole thing wouldn't boot up- would I be able to get all of my stuff off the drives?? I know that you all have been there and what a horrible feeling and fear.

I might end up going back to bed for the day, pull the covers over my head and ignore life. You know I won't actually do that but it is nice for me to pretend that I could.

FP was good, no coffee but I got a huge bag of dog treats and a couple of cans of dog food. The pups were very happy when I told them I got them cookies! They sure know how to Sit and Stay when treats are involved. I spent almost three hours outside. I set up the new barrels and some pots with the morning glory and marigold seeds that I harvested last year. I have a huge clump of crocuses that needed to get split and that took forever. They were so entangled and had lilies of the valley intertwined. But I got the bulbs separated and transplanted. Just need to see if they come back next year or if I killed them. *fingers crossed they come back* At one point I just sat and laughed at a centipede. He had gotten scooped from the one bucket of soil into the new pot and he must have been confused. All he did was run along the edge of the planter in a circle like he was a race car! I have no idea how many times he went around. Finally, I took pity on him and scooped him out and put him into another planter.

I have no idea what I am doing today. I was planning on scrapping today but I am not sure if I will be able to get ACDSee and PS to run. I guess I should start looking at new computer systems. I don't even know where to start.
Any suggestions?

Wishing everyone a great day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord The hug from my mom was really awesome. Although, she was so excited to see me that she started talking a mile a minute and got herself distracted :p

@tanteva It is really so good to see you again!

@bcgal00 I am so happy and relieved that Remi is doing so well. When do you go back for a recheck? How big do you think she will end up being? We looked at pet insurance at one point for J, I think it was after we found out about her patellar luxation. They wouldn't cover anything related to her knees so we figured there wasn't much point. Maybe you can find a good plan for her, I hope so! And even better maybe the Addison's will be the temporary kind.

@tanteva How did you make it through the last year, were you and your family able to stay healthy? You have a good man so that makes me happy that you are still solid! I am sorry to hear that your cats are gone- we lost all of our cats and one dog since you left, but we have two new dogs (no cats anymore).
I am still crocheting- winging it like I always have. I wish I had your skill and talent. I hope that the scrapping comes back to you quickly.

@felis So true about the depression and anxiety and this being such a safe place. I would be in such a miserable place if I didn't have you ladies for support! <3

@taxed4ever Woah, you were non-stop on Friday and I bet any $$ that your Gary kept ya busy yesterday too. How cute that Mason is dino-crazy. Scott loved and still loves dinosaurs, his favorite is spinosaurus. Poor Hunter must have been bummed to be at school but it has to be a good thing on occasion for both Mason and Heather. How has the new job been?

Eva-- five years!? It can't be that long!

Kay- Bet that your house feels quiet without your sister. I am thrilled that you had such a good time with her and happy that your niece will be around. It had to be such comfort that your sis was with you on a sad day. The Girls' night must have been a blast.

@Cherylndesigns I don't know how long it lasts but you should be able to retrieve your drafts, maybe along as you haven't closed out the website? I am so sorry that you had a bad reaction as well.- How did your DH do? Hope that you are feeling lots better. GREAT NEWS about the wifi!!!!!

@scrap-genie and @Kythe Hope you are doing good today!

@felis- I don't watch a lot of movies and have no idea which star is who. But I hope that you have fun watching the Oscars tonight and don;t have to stay up too late :)

HAGD!!

tanteva

@faerywings We had Covid back in April 2020, can't believe it's been a year already. I'm soooo sick of this %&¤%! I was hardly sick at all, if it hadn't been for the fact that hubby was worse (coughing for 5 weeks) + people at his work that had it, I'd probably wouldn't have known it was covid. But it took about 8 months for my tasting and smelling to get back to normal. Worst part for me was probably that I gained back 31 of the 38 lbs I had lost with Weight Watchers from Aug 2018 to Feb 2020. When I get anxiety, I eat! Back on WW again since March 1, but so far only lost about 5 lbs. So annoying to have to do this again. But I need to. My blood pressure is high, and I get terrible heartburn when I'm overweight. Also - I bought the most comfy bra ever .... I want to be able to use it again. :D

Stay safe folks!!! Covid is NO game. I was sick for 3-4 days, really mildly sick ... lost taste and smell for 8 months. Before I was able to run short bits on my long (1-2 hrs) daily walks (was trying to get in shape and be able to run properly), after I got out of breath from the shortest of walks.

Hoping to get the vaccine before summer, but we are classed no risk and young enough to be in the last group of 4 to get it. Can't wait!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good afternoon all. Chris, @faerywings what horrible dreams you have!! Dreams about our insurance, or lack of, are bad enough, but that last one was enough to make you get up. Then your computer wouldn't boot up? That's a terrible feeling!

I'm still fuzzy-headed, that's the lingering side effect and it frustrates me to concentrate too much, so I'm not going to be as chatty as usual. Welcome to Eve and Kythe, good to see you on here. I'm usually Chatty Kathy, if you come back, you'll see that. Haha

Felis @felis - Alzheimers Research is very near and dear to us. My mom and my grandma (her mom) both had it and we're all terrified that we'll get it. There are 4 of us kids and so far, so good. My youngest daughter, Stephanie (in the latest pictures) works for Alzheimers Research and related neurological diseases (like Parkinson's, too). She posts a lot about Alzheimer's. Her user name on IG is @stephb35. If you'd like to follow her, I'll let her know to accept your request. Her posts are private. She posts some very informative things.

I'm feeling better today, just tired still. My oldest dd, Adrienne said she'd come over and blow my hair straight this afternoon. I need to wash it and was just going to let it go curly. It will feel good for her to blow it straight, though. This is the first day I've felt like worrying about it.

Waving to all and hoping you have a good Sunday.