Oscraps

Dailly Ooos: Friday, July 23

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am not liking how fast July is going by. Every summer seems to go past faster and faster.
It is another cold morning here and that I am thankful for, for now at least. I am going to have the oven on all day baking Christmas cookies for Sunday. I am only making two kinds, the walnut cups and walnut balls. I am bummed that Cait won't be able to help me, who else can bring sticks of butter to room temp by sticking them in her waistband? :D I hope that this doesn't take all day but I think it might. I am doubling the one recipe that I usually triple and the other one is going to be a single batch instead of doubling.

The weather was fabulous yesterday. I tried to go through the grocery store as fast as I could, unpacked everything, ate lunch, and went outside. Almost all of the tiger lilies needed to be cut back and I have neglected the morning glories in a big way. I had to untangle them in order to get them to climb on the fence properly. It is amazing how fast they knot up onto themselves. The bees are super happy in the front garden, so many delightful and busy pollinators. :)
I need to tidy up the kitchen and then make it into a bigger mess. Sound like a delicious plan!

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- I thought of you as I got out of bed this morning and felt that twinge in my lower back. It was that warning twinge- be gentle or you will be sorry.
I am so bummed that you are still in such rough shape but so smart that you are trying to make sure that you move a bit. Obviously, this isn't your first rodeo... I cannot imagine how happy you are that you have all of the DVDs cataloged so you don't have to search too hard for the ones you want.
Is your BP holding steady?

@Cherylndesigns It is really cold here still- it was 59* when I woke up. It got to a little over 80* which was perfect for yard work. I miss the days when I had Harley and Ravyn and I walked them every day to the bus stop. The kids would fight over whose turn it was to walk which dog back home. Good times. :)
Lila is too funny and very smart! I bet she and Daisy are going to be at one of your houses or the other-- put little GPS trackers or a Go-Pro on their collars so you can keep track haha!!
The one you think is hazmat is from the ArtPlay Zombie so I think he is just a zombie/creep face. Did you find the bat? I think he was the hardest one to see. FWIW *G* Tom removed the eyebrow piercings since that was taken so his face is a little less metallic. hehe.
I try to use 1-2 kits but sometimes I need more than that and lose track of stuff. I feel like I am forever renaming the layers so I can remember what I used especially when I blend layers or use clipping masks.
How is the Momma O LO coming along?

@felis before I forget, I read this article this morning and immediately thought of you.
It is basically stuff that we know already but it was helpful to me to see it written out like that. I hope that you are able to get it translated. The first part was especially helpful to me.

That is awesome that you grew leeks! That is one that I have never grown, really any of them -onions, leeks, garlic. Since I use them often you would think I should have tried them out but nope. Gary is going to make chicken saltimbocca for us one night and he will fry up some of the big sage leaves for it. mmm!!!
Woo hoo!!! Good for you getting such a great deal on unravelable sweaters. Yes, that sounds strange but since I know what you are using them for, it is a good thing.
I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos this week.:( I watched almost all of the one last week but nothing so far. The washcloth could be to wash your face or maybe dishes? I saw the photo of it and I would use it for my face. I have cotton yarn that I can use.
I think Tom will like the photo, he seems to like anything that involves Caitlyn and loves creepy things. he has to like it, right? ;)
Didn't that picture of the bee come out great? Gary took that with his cell phone. There was another bee that was so covered with pollen that looked like he wasn't going to be able to fly but he did.
Thank you so much for letting us know how Trudy is doing. I cannot wait to hear about the fun she and the kids all had together. She must be in Grandma Heaven!

Hugs!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Happy Friday all!

I'm late checking in, but it's been a busy day.

Chris @faerywings good idea to put GPS's on the dogs. I love that idea. Lila is here again today - Adrienne and Ava stopped in and Lila didn't want to leave. LOL WOW, it is really cold where you live! I honestly wish it would cool down here, but at least the humidity is low. I hated the high temps in Florida + the equally high humidity. Gross!!

I'm giggling over Tom removing some of his piercings. Do you LOVE the "delicate way" I addressed his piercings??? I have NO problem with them, BTW. I believe in "live and let live". I just didn't expect that. But, there's nothing wrong with it (as Seinfeld used to say). I'm a member of the "Whatever Floats Your Boat" Club. NO, I didn't find the bat - MUST go back and look for BAT! I need that ArtPlay Zombie kit - must have!!!

I really struggled with my LO for Vicki - I don't know why - you know how sometimes the "vision" just doesn't work out? I FINALLY got something and posted it - I'm not sure it's exactly what my vision was, but I was finally happy with it. It's in her challenge gallery.

We thought everybody was coming here for dinner, but that fizzled out. We're OK with it - one way or the other. One thing we are is flexible.

Hugs and waving all around.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
OK Chris @faerywings I've found a rat! I'm really good at Where's Waldo, but I haven't found the bat yet. I see a lot of skeleton teeth too. Still looking.

felis

Aww, Chris, thank you SO much and huge hug! Bear's hug!!! This is exactly what I'm feeling, but I wasn't able to express it right. You call it 'compassion', but compassion included attempt for helpful actions, which I don't have. It's exactly contagious emotions that feed toxic thoughts. I'll dedicate more attention to the methods to cope with that at this article, as I just scrolled fast at the first read.
Thank you so much! You always know how to help!
Now about the washcloth, hehe, I was thought it's today, but no, it's next Friday ::roll:: so typical for me, to put something on a wrong date in my schedule. Umm " to wash your face or maybe dishes", you mean as an wash sponge? That's very unusual for my family, not surprising that I wasn't able to understand the results in google search.
I found the video for color changing and today's for stacking pieces very helpful. But the previous 2 was basic for very beginners, there wasn't anything for me, and for you I think, so you can skip them with clean conscience! ;)
The bee picture is amazing! Mine are always so small, I'm kind of jealous. I can watch pollinators for hours (shhht, don't tell anybody but I actually do it way too often)!
Oh, yes my family is huge fan of all kind of onions too. But this year the harvest wasn't good many of the plants didn't come at all. We have huge empty bed now, it's so frustrating. The onion, cabbage, eggplants didn't come at all. :rolleyes:
Yummy your Christmas cookies always sounds so delicious. And yes that story with the butter at the waistband always makes me laugh. I think she was with Grinch sweatshirt?! Or at least that's it how it is pictured on my mind. Have fun on the party!!!
I think I have tiger lilies too, but we call them Lilium. Is that?
IMG_20210707.jpg

Cheryl, I just hate plans to be changed! Flexibility is against everything in my nature, so you have my admiration about that! I just hope you wasn't start to prepare meals when the plans changed!

Eva, hope that the works day wasn't too exhausting!

It was mostly working day here, I had to go to the office for the materials this morning and then I don't think it happened something interesting. But the next week will be hmm... let's call it intriguing. My parents took summer leave as dad start to renovate the porch. His projects start from nowhere and left on state 'in progress'. After he gets retired at the beginning of this year, he don't have strict schedule for work, as he still holding his job but not on full month, I can't find the word on english. Did 'on call' make sense? And so we usually don't know what he will do before the last minute. I love these little renovation projects, but the problem is that they both are so nervous, it's looks like a recipe for madhouse around!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
8am Saturday, and I've already been up for an hour! Don't know if that ever happened before?!! LOL

Today, the library is open 11-15 (that's 11-3 for you Americans :) ) I'm guessing we'll be completely alone Today! Who goes to the library on a sunny Saturday in July??! But I might be wrong. LOL

Urban is excited. 3 pm his 4 week vacation starts. Usually I'm excited for it as well, since we usually have some nice travel plans, but this year I think we'll just stay home. Though the restrictions are less now, I still think we should take it easy. Especially since it feels like everyone else just don't give a #&@* anymore. People are truly partying like it's 1999. Also, I'm still working a couple of days the next few weeks. NO vacation for mama.

Not complaining! I've not been working for 12 years, I've had plenty of free time. LOL Also, I really like the job! Never had such a fun job.

Today, we're taking "a day off" from WeightWatchers. Going to eat a nice dinner - with french fries. Gee, have I longed for french fries lately! Then some snacks and chocolate in front of the TV. Urban will have some wine and maybe a whiskey too. I'm sticking to my Pepsi.