Oscraps

Creative Cloud Photoshop 2023 will not launch---pulling my hair out

LSlycord

I'm particularly cranky today. I use CC Photoshop and it forced an upgrade to PS 2023. My OS is Windows 11. A couple of days ago, PS 2023 would not open. I have been looking through message boards like crazy and have not found lots of bugs reported. Suggestions all speak to uninstalling but when I try that, it just tells me that Photoshop is already open.

I'm getting ready to write a bug report but I'm about ready to cancel my CC subscription and go to PSE. Any thoughts?

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Hopefully your problem has been solved by now and you were able to reinstall...
On my Macbook I've installed the ps cc 2023 without problems ...
I was surprised by the new possibilities in lightroom.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I'm particularly cranky today. I use CC Photoshop and it forced an upgrade to PS 2023. My OS is Windows 11. A couple of days ago, PS 2023 would not open. I have been looking through message boards like crazy and have not found lots of bugs reported. Suggestions all speak to uninstalling but when I try that, it just tells me that Photoshop is already open.

I'm getting ready to write a bug report but I'm about ready to cancel my CC subscription and go to PSE. Any thoughts?
Linda, can you go back to an earlier version? I sometime do that if the new version is misbehaving.......... and then try the new one a couple of days later and everything is okay? As you can see below, I still have my older versions.......

1667726460992.png

LSlycord

It's working. When I opened the task manager this morning, I found that there were about 10 threads showing Photoshop running. Of course, that wasn't happening. So I killed those threads and tried again and Voila...it works. Thanks @wombat146 and @marijke for taking the time to respond. Knowing that it was working for you gave me hope to try again. A fresh set of eyes and some encouragement allowed me to fix it.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm so happy to see that you got it up and running, Linda. That drives me crazy when something won't work. I suspect it's Windows 11 that's the culprit. My laptop keeps trying to update to that and I have to go in every 25 days and stop it. UGH - there's nothing more frustrating, especially when it's PS and we can't scrap. I'm happy it decided to run. Sometimes, it just takes a couple of days and then it just magically pops on.