Oscraps

Crafting projects?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I ended up being quite the crafter this Christmas. One of the good/bad things about being on a very tight budget was having to make a lot of gifts. That made me a bit crazy at the time but the benefit of creating personal items was worth it. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with myself *pats self on the back* :D

I shared some pictures of what I made in the Daily Ooos at the time but thought that I would share them here. I would love to see some of the things that you have made as well.

This is a "family tree" that I made for my son's GF's mom- with photos of all of our two families together

A wreath for my SIL

some painted wine bottle for my BFF-- she redid her Christmas tree theme and I stalked her FB page to get it to match perfectly

and this was for my mom's birthday lasy week, made from shells that we collected when we were downthe shore last summer

I based all of these on ideas I found on Pinterest so please don't think I am super creative. I was able to copy them without becoming a Pinterest Fail - this time LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Thank you Angela- I know that you are a big crafter too.

By the way- the cost of these projects were probably less than $15 combined. The family tree is an old candle jar painted in chalk paint that I got on clearance for $2, branches from my yard. Corks for the wreath were happily donated by my family ;) and the wire frame/ribbon/leaves were from the dollar store. Wine bottles were also donated by my family. DH cut out the letters from some scrap wood. Chalk paint and glitter were things I had on hand. And the seashells were glued into a wine glass of mine that had a small chip in the edge and then glued into a painted lid from an old candle jar.

I have gotten very good at repurposing things :)

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Love your projects Chris. They look beautiful. I also get a lot of ideas from Pinterest.

I love to knit from time to time.

My last completed project was a sweater.

attachment.php

Now I'm working on an other sweatshirt.

attachment.php

The pattern for these sweaters come from a book:

boek_onder.jpg

This is the English version of the book, I have it in Dutch.

I'm knitting with circular needles, which I had never done before. I was a bit scared it would be hard to learn to knit in a different way, but I found it very easy, and enjoyable to knit like this.

I also like to crochet, and I found this wonderful site with lots of animals that were chrocheted, like this:

9e7979ccb86cd4a321ada186b2357bad_1348752756.jpg

So my next project, or maybe I will make it my first (I sometimes find it hard to finish thing) will be crocheting animals.

And on my wishlist is a blanket. I have bought the pattern already, but now have to knit it.

deken%2B-%2BRavelry%2B%2528640x480%2529.jpg

And then this other site were you can knit a blanket for on your

Attachments

• 20190114_141224.jpg
    20190114_141224.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190114_141132.jpg
    20190114_141132.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm super impressed Chris! that's a lot of work and well worth the effort.

Jeannette those sweaters are DREAMY!

I made a couple of things that were a big hit and then a total Pinterest fail. When I get the photos over to my computer I'll share.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Jeanette! Those sweaters are so darn gorgeous!!! I sort-of crochet, I am not very good at it- and I have a cowl that I started a year ago. I almost done but it got shoved t the back on my room and it is really easy to ignore. ;)

Vicki-- would *love* to see some Pinterest fails! I have a bunch of them too

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Wonderful projects Chris, love them all!
That is what I love about pinterest and all craft sites, so much inspiration to find!
I have a special board too, where i pin all things i like and want to do some day!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Gorgeous sweater, Jeanette! What city is the origin of your pattern?

I'm not completely sure anymore, but I believe it was Paesens Moddergat. I get the books from the libraby, so I have to take them back at some point.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I thought I would share some Chrissy Mice and Christmas Table mat that I made for my sister way back in 2007! LOL! Can't believe that is now 12 years ago! gah!! Anyway, I made the table mat and then found a pattern for these mice which I was able to make out of the scrap I had left over from the table mat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A few months later I made some non-Chrissy ones and had them sitting in a large glass vase on the dining room table, with all their faces looking out and some coming up of the vase. My middle son and his three kids came to visit not long after and of course Gracie fell in love with them and wanted one, so I gave her one, she would have been around 5. The funny thing is that Jack (6 at the time) came over and asked for one as well. Then Brodie (9 at the time!) came in from being outside, spotted the other kids with one and shyly came over and asked if he could have one as well! LOL! I said of course and when I gave it to him he promptly put it in his shirt pocket, with just the head poking out and that is where his mouse stayed for the rest of the day!!! :)

I am really looking forward to being able to do some sewing again when we buy a house.......... my sewing machine and materials that I kept are all still packed away and I haven't seen them for over a year now!!! So hopefully that will happen soon. I have also made handbags in the past and only last week one of DIL's mentioned that she still used the one I made her back in 2009! LOL! Crafts certainly do make for some lovely memories, not only in the making of them, but also in the joy of giving them to special people. :)

Attachments

• Marie's-placemat-1.jpg
    Marie's-placemat-1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 39
  • chrissy-mice-2.jpg
    chrissy-mice-2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 37
  • chrissy-mice-5.jpg
    chrissy-mice-5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 37
  • chrissy-mice-7.jpg
    chrissy-mice-7.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 38

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ona- those mice are so darn cute!! I can see why they grands wanted them for themselves. I wish I could sew but that is not in my wheelhouse at all!
Do you have any patterrns or projects lined up once you get a sewing area back?

Speaking of mice and rodents, Caitlyn has been busy sewing things for her rats. She has made them little fleece tunnels and hammocks. She hangs them from the top of the cage rungs with shower curtain hooks and the girls snuggle into them- sometimes all three babies on top of the other. She bought fleece in seasonal colors so she can decorate their cage properly. :p

I think she should sell them to other rat owners or at craft shows.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Ona- those mice are so darn cute!! I can see why they grands wanted them for themselves. I wish I could sew but that is not in my wheelhouse at all!
Do you have any patterrns or projects lined up once you get a sewing area back?

Speaking of mice and rodents, Caitlyn has been busy sewing things for her rats. She has made them little fleece tunnels and hammocks. She hangs them from the top of the cage rungs with shower curtain hooks and the girls snuggle into them- sometimes all three babies on top of the other. She bought fleece in seasonal colors so she can decorate their cage properly. :p

I think she should sell them to other rat owners or at craft shows.

I do have a project lined up, one in the making for a long time! I want to finish off a quilt, the first one I have ever attempted. I cut out all the pieces and have sewn a couple of panels together but there is LOTS of sewing to be done yet! Just after I cut all the pieces I 'discovered' digi scrapbooking so the sewing started to take a back seat, but when the urge came I would sew a few squares together. I came across the box with all the cut pieces together with the pattern and the pieces I had already sewn when I packed everything in April 2017 so it's going on for two years but hopefully I will be able to finish it off one day! lol!!

Awww how cute your daughter sewing little things for her pets....... we need photos!!! :)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
OMG!! You ladies have such amazing talent! Ona lovely work on the table mat and those sweet little mice! Chris you already know that I think you are the queen of wonderful little gifties for your family and friends and so very good at what you do!
Jeannette - I totally agree with Vicki your sweaters are dreamy!
Marie-Claire - that adorable sheep is to die for!! Those unicorns are amazing and I am in awe of you ladies and your talent for sewing, crocheting or knitting!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Ohhhh! those unicorns and sheep are divine Marie-Claire!!! While I can sew, I am a terrible knitter! My poor mother tried to teach me to knit and crochet when I was little but I just couldn't do it! lol! I kept getting the tension wrong or I would drop stitches........... tried again when I was older but still no go! lol! I start off okay but by the third row the tension is so tight I can hardly pick up a stitch!!! bwhahaaaaa! Just need to accept that I am not a knitter!!! :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ona-- too funny that after finding digiscrapping, you put away the quilting. Easier to start PS than the sewing machine and supplies, right?

Marie-Claire, they are so adorable- I love the unicorns' manes. They are so pretty and I bet your GD loved them and the sheep.

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
Chris : yes my two GD are very happy with there Unicorns ! the one Mila find it so precious, do not want to damage it, and put it in a window, and take it only from time to time to play!
my other GD Noémie is different: she drags her everywhere, makes her braids, hairdress her , and so on ...

The sheep has a quiet life by me ! lol !

Jeannette : i see you did also some crochet animals ! :thumb:

Ona : i learned knitting and swewing as girl. it seems i has always do that. It was a time we have to learn this at school. I remember we allways knitt some squares, and then assemble them as blanket. For the poor, or for Africa ! i never understood why we had to send blankets to Africa ! :fish:
Later of course i did not sew or knitt anymore. But this is like bicycle, we never forget. I now i have great fun to do this again !

felis

You all are so talented ladies!
I had fun made these macrame bracelets few years way back.
grivni.jpg

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh felis, those little bracelets are so cute!! What a lovely gift they would make!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
You all are so talented ladies!
I had fun made these macrame bracelets few years way back.
They are too cute Felis!

One big regret that I have is when I was a kid, my grandmother wanted to teach me how to knit and crochet. I guess I thought I was too cool for that and I blew her off. Now I wish I had someone to help me, especially with knitting. I was able to teach myself how to crochet fairly well. Knitting-- I could not get my hands to work the needles together at all. And if you miss a stitch and you don't realize it- SMH. I pulled out row upon row. :frusty: At least with crocheting, it is easier to fix/fudge it.

Danesa

Danesa
Oh my goodness. I feel like such a slacker after looking at all your beautiful creations! How wonderfully talented you are! I love seeing your creativities. Keep sharing. :)

Just finished sketching/painting 17 individual (a simple painting I had done a couple years ago) - 6x6 linen invitation cards for a bridesmaids party event for my niece. Whew. Finished with 3 days left before deadline. haha When she saw my dress a couple years ago she asked if I'd do this for her wedding gift. haha Hey sounded easy at the time. :)

The watercolor brushes, gems & glitter are all put away and I'm breathing a sigh of relief~
PromPartyinvite-L.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Felis I love, love those sweet bracelets! and Danesa your watercolour invitations!! So beautiful, but yes it would be tedious work LOL. I love to paint and have dabbled in a few different things this year. Made these for my grands for Christmas and had so much fun doing them!Made this one for myself LOL
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1509.JPGIMG_1510.JPGIMG_1490.JPG

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh my!!! what a talented bunch we are!!

Your invitations are just so very unique and creative Danesa, what a lovely thing to do for your niece! I bet everyone that received one would still have them or will keep them forever!

Trudy, of what fun. The steampunk theme happening in the first one is fantastic and love the splash of pink on the second. wow, the one you made for yourself is just stunning as well! what a great idea!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Danesa-- they are a true labor of love and are so beautiful!

Trudy- you know that I love all of your paintings

We really are so talented :love:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Maybe your crochet isn't a big succes :rofl: your crafer ideas are amazing !

I ended up being quite the crafter this Christmas. One of the good/bad things about being on a very tight budget was having to make a lot of gifts. That made me a bit crazy at the time but the benefit of creating personal items was worth it. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with myself *pats self on the back* :D

I shared some pictures of what I made in the Daily Ooos at the time but thought that I would share them here. I would love to see some of the things that you have made as well.

This is a "family tree" that I made for my son's GF's mom- with photos of all of our two families together

A wreath for my SIL

some painted wine bottle for my BFF-- she redid her Christmas tree theme and I stalked her FB page to get it to match perfectly

and this was for my mom's birthday lasy week, made from shells that we collected when we were downthe shore last summer

I based all of these on ideas I found on Pinterest so please don't think I am super creative. I was able to copy them without becoming a Pinterest Fail - this time LOL

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I have had a knitting machine (now in the attic) and I have also made many sweaters, but because she almost never fitted, I stopped.
I like yours !

Love your projects Chris. They look beautiful. I also get a lot of ideas from Pinterest.

I love to knit from time to time.

My last completed project was a sweater.

attachment.php

Now I'm working on an other sweatshirt.

attachment.php

The pattern for these sweaters come from a book:

boek_onder.jpg

This is the English version of the book, I have it in Dutch.

I'm knitting with circular needles, which I had never done before. I was a bit scared it would be hard to learn to knit in a different way, but I found it very easy, and enjoyable to knit like this.

I also like to crochet, and I found this wonderful site with lots of animals that were chrocheted, like this:

9e7979ccb86cd4a321ada186b2357bad_1348752756.jpg

So my next project, or maybe I will make it my first (I sometimes find it hard to finish thing) will be crocheting animals.

And on my wishlist is a blanket. I have bought the pattern already, but now have to knit it.

deken%2B-%2BRavelry%2B%2528640x480%2529.jpg

And then this other site were you can knit a blanket for on your

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
My gosh i wish i had this talent !!!

Felis I love, love those sweet bracelets! and Danesa your watercolour invitations!! So beautiful, but yes it would be tedious work LOL. I love to paint and have dabbled in a few different things this year. Made these for my grands for Christmas and had so much fun doing them!
IMG-1509.JPG

IMG-1510.JPG

Made this one for myself LOL

IMG_1490.JPG