Oscraps

Color palette or theme

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
If you were asked if you prefer to make a layout with a color palette or a theme, what would you choose? forget the photo for a moment, a layout may not have a photo.

For me it´s simple ... a color palette. What about you?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Color palette. Sometimes, a theme just may not fit me. It's much easier to make a color palette work for you than a theme.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'd say I've never thought about this. I often start with the photo or a wordart, and go with that.

One thing I love tomdo though, is to make a layout with a themed kit and NOT go with the theme. Like using a Christmas kit for a road trip layout, or a baby boy kit to scrap about spring or something like that.

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Theme... There are colors I really hate to work with but there are very few topics I have nothing to say about... even if it's little more than 'I don't know much about it but would love to learn' :cool:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
That is actually a lot harder of a question than you would think... ;)

Probably--- theme, I think. I need something to kick-start my mind on *what* I want to scrap. Colors would be secondary.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I would say theme for the most part, but I admit I would be more likely to work with a particular kit if the colors appealed to me.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Mostly it would be colour. I sometimes make a page with the kit and no photo in mind, then search for a photo. Then again I may start with a photo, use the colours from that to find a suitable kit.
I don't often start with a theme as I tend to take it too literally.

newbie2digi

I refuse to choose. :rolleyes:;) I think it all depends on my state of mind when I sit down to work. My work more is based on the mood of what I'm trying to accomplish. If I feel like I want to tell a particular story from our family memories, it will most likely be a theme. I tend to organize my photos by events. So, theme comes first and then the palette comes from matching up the photos and the feel of the event. If I'm creating a scene, then obviously when I choose my background page, the color palette is then set. But the page choice comes from how I'm feeling at the moment.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I refuse to choose. :rolleyes:;) I think it all depends on my state of mind when I sit down to work. My work more is based on the mood of what I'm trying to accomplish. If I feel like I want to tell a particular story from our family memories, it will most likely be a theme. I tend to organize my photos by events. So, theme comes first and then the palette comes from matching up the photos and the feel of the event. If I'm creating a scene, then obviously when I choose my background page, the color palette is then set. But the page choice comes from how I'm feeling at the moment.
So, in this case you don´t need to choose. Follow your hearth!! xx

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If you were asked if you prefer to make a layout with a color palette or a theme, what would you choose? forget the photo for a moment, a layout may not have a photo.

For me it´s simple ... a color palette. What about you?
Theme for me. I get mental blocks when I start a page, if I have a theme in mind its easier to get some ideas rolling around

ETA: I forgot that I already answered this-- and y answer was exactly the same as the first time around :D