Oscraps

Christmas Event - Questions and Answers

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
If you have any questions about the Christmas Event then please ask them here. :)

We hope you will join us in the festivities that are set to begin at 12.01am Saturday December 4th (PST).

Kaye

I'm here in Ca on Dec. 4 at 2:44 am which is pst and I couldn't download day 1, I hope there isn't something wrong with my computer because I really would like to download it

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I'm here in Ca on Dec. 4 at 2:44 am which is pst and I couldn't download day 1, I hope there isn't something wrong with my computer because I really would like to download it
Kaye the download was uploaded earlier than normal so it is available until midnight PST on Sunday ........... so when you say you can't download........ what happens when you try to?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O

It is a direct download, so when you click the link it starts downloading immediately. Some browsers don't make that obvious. Please check your download folder and see if it snuck it in there. If not, please let us know if you get an error message or anything.

Kaye the download was uploaded earlier than normal so it is available until midnight PST on Sunday ........... so when you say you can't download........ what happens when you try to?

One note on the download times:

They are going to be switched out at 10pm CST because I can no longer stay up until midnight! Some nights I don't even make it 10 pm lol midnight PST would be 2 am for me and I definitely can't make that anymore lol

ouisiekelly

Where is the tracking thread for the Christmas challenges? Also, my picture of Santa with the reindeer won't download anything. I hate to be a pest, Im sorry.

Last edited:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Where is the tracking thread for the Christmas challenges? Also, my picture of Santa with the reindeer won't download anything. I hate to be a pest, Im sorry.

The tracking thread is in with the challenges & games area of the Special Event area.

The downloads are an automatic download. So when you click the image or the text link below, it will automatically download. Please check your downloads folder or see if you have a blocker on your browser.

Also, make sure you are on the daily download post and not the informational post! Each day has it's own blog post. You can find day 1 here: https://oscraps.com/12-days-of-december-2021-day-1/

@ouisiekelly @Kaye

spenny

Hello ladies !!!
On day 1 of the challenge, I posted my LO to the wrong challenge. I did not realize it until today. I have edited it to include the additional challenges and I would like to know if the is ok or if not how do I fix it (It does show up in the Special Events thread)
Thanks

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hello ladies !!!
On day 1 of the challenge, I posted my LO to the wrong challenge. I did not realize it until today. I have edited it to include the additional challenges and I would like to know if the is ok or if not how do I fix it (It does show up in the Special Events thread)
Thanks
Hi there, that's fine. As long as it is in the challenge thread and you have the link to your tracking thread then its all good. Thanks for letting us know. :)

ouisiekelly

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the links to my pages get all wrong and skip a day. I had to delete my recording #27 and created a new one at the end. The same thing happened. Can you please fix it and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've done days 1-4. Luisa

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the links to my pages get all wrong and skip a day. I had to delete my recording #27 and created a new one at the end. The same thing happened. Can you please fix it and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've done days 1-4. Luisa
Luisa, I fixed up the post in your tracking thread, it is #41 HERE

To update your tracking thread, make sure you are clicking on the Edit button first. This 'opens' your own post and allows you to make changes. Paste your challenge link in from the gallery. Remember to then click the Save button which then saves your changes before closing down your post.

Don't worry about the actual calendar date, just go by the DAY 1, DAY 2, etc. So you have completed the challenges for Days 1, 3 and 4. Day 2 was a game day (Scavenger Hunt) not a challenge. Did you play in that?

If you want to be eligible for one of the big prizes then you need to participate in all the games as well, and you have until Dec 15 to play all the games before they are closed. Challenges remain open right to the end of the month so you can always spend more time now to participate in the games as you can always finish off your challenges later.

If you play in a game, just take note of the post number in the game thread and then pop in and write that post number down next to the day that you played. For example, say you played in the Scavenger Hunt game (Day 2) and went and found the products. You would then send the challenge host a private message (using the small envelope up beside your avi at the top of the screen). In the game thread you would create a post to tell the host that you have sent her a message. After you have posted, look at the number of your post, it will have a # symbol in front of it. Now you would go back to your tracking thread and next to Day 2 you write that number in.

Of course you do not have to play in the games if you do not wish to, I just don't want to miss out because you were not sure about that part. So you are up to date at the moment and Day 5 (to be posted) will be a Game day.

Please let me know if you are still unsure about anything. :)

ouisiekelly

Luisa, I fixed up the post in your tracking thread, it is #41 HERE

To update your tracking thread, make sure you are clicking on the Edit button first. This 'opens' your own post and allows you to make changes. Paste your challenge link in from the gallery. Remember to then click the Save button which then saves your changes before closing down your post.

Don't worry about the actual calendar date, just go by the DAY 1, DAY 2, etc. So you have completed the challenges for Days 1, 3 and 4. Day 2 was a game day (Scavenger Hunt) not a challenge. Did you play in that?

If you want to be eligible for one of the big prizes then you need to participate in all the games as well, and you have until Dec 15 to play all the games before they are closed. Challenges remain open right to the end of the month so you can always spend more time now to participate in the games as you can always finish off your challenges later.

If you play in a game, just take note of the post number in the game thread and then pop in and write that post number down next to the day that you played. For example, say you played in the Scavenger Hunt game (Day 2) and went and found the products. You would then send the challenge host a private message (using the small envelope up beside your avi at the top of the screen). In the game thread you would create a post to tell the host that you have sent her a message. After you have posted, look at the number of your post, it will have a # symbol in front of it. Now you would go back to your tracking thread and next to Day 2 you write that number in.

Of course you do not have to play in the games if you do not wish to, I just don't want to miss out because you were not sure about that part. So you are up to date at the moment and Day 5 (to be posted) will be a Game day.

Please let me know if you are still unsure about anything. :)

Thank you Ona. I guess I am electronically challenged. I did Day 2 and was able to paste it with no problem.

sabinaraye

I have an important question. Why is it that when I want to upload the different Layouts for the 12 Days of Christmas event in the Gallery, there are ONLY 7 CHALLENGES to choose from. What about Days 9, 10 and 12? I hope someone can help me out. Is it that I'm doing it wrong? Thanks for your help!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have an important question. Why is it that when I want to upload the different Layouts for the 12 Days of Christmas event in the Gallery, there are ONLY 7 CHALLENGES to choose from. What about Days 9, 10 and 12? I hope someone can help me out. Is it that I'm doing it wrong? Thanks for your help!
Hi Sabina, there were 12 days of challenges AND games.......... so 4 games and 8 challenges. The games have now closed but you have until the end of December to finish off your challenges as listed in the main events forum https://oscraps.com/community/forums/2021-challenges-games.379/

The Avatar challenge was optional and does count towards any of the grand prizes.

Our normal monthly challenges involve 7 challenges from which you choose 6 to complete in order to get your monthly points. For the Christmas event you need to have done ALL the games and challenges in order to be in the running for one of the grand prizes. Each challenge and game however give you a chance to win either a first or second prize.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
@sabinaraye The Challenge section with the 7 sub-categories is for the regular monthly challenges. For the purpose of the 12 Days of December event, your challenge layouts need to be in the special 12 Days of December section HERE. That's why it's important to make sure your layout title says which day it's for, since all the event layouts are together in one section.

In case you didn't see the post farther up in this thread: if you just go to each layout, click *edit* under your name, and select *show additional categories* at the bottom of the window that pops up, you can scroll down until you see the 12 Days category and then tick the box. That will make your layouts show up in the right category without re-uploading.

Last edited:

sabinaraye

THANK YOU, Ona and Angie. Yes, Angie, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I've just tried to add my 1st Challenge Layout but I don't see that category at all, not even in the "additional categories"... I'll try again.
OH !! Now I see it, it's under Special O-Vents! Wish someone had told me this. :) But that's ok. I'll just redo them.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
THANK YOU, Ona and Angie. Yes, Angie, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I've just tried to add my 1st Challenge Layout but I don't see that category at all, not even in the "additional categories"... I'll try again.
OH !! Now I see it, it's under Special O-Vents! Wish someone had told me this. :) But that's ok. I'll just redo them.
Oh I am sorry that I misunderstood your question Sabina, and thanks Angie for providing the right answer. :) Sabina, to add your layout to other galleries you can use the Edit button on your layout, read the very last section in this Guide. :) (There is no need to upload again.)

slkendall

Merry Christmas everyone! While I am thankful to have gotten part of these free downloads, it would be really nice to have the opportunity on Christmas day to have them all open for those of us who had to miss a couple. Just saying, it feels like a loss instead of a gift when the window is so short.

Reactions: AZK

Anja_77

I was to late for the first 2 downloads too ... I'm also hoping for a chance to still have these parts to complete it!
Thanks to all of you for all these wonderful parts! It makes an amazing collection!

Reactions: AZK

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hello and Happy New Year! Can you tell me when and where were the winners announced?
Thanks
Luisa, we are still checking and getting the winners selected etc. It will be towards the end of this week, keep an eye out for the Haps newsletter on Thursday night. :)