Oscraps

Challenge #1 - Lyrics - April 2016

Aussiekat

Hi everyone - and welcome to ... April? How did that happen?! Did you have fun with our birthday celebrations last month? We're continuing with our monthly challenges and that brings me here as your host for our lyrics challenge. What is a lyric? Usually it's the words of a song or poem.

So, how do we combine lyrics with the month of April, the month here in the US when the trees and flowers being to bloom? Well, I'm keeping this challenge pretty wide open for you. Here it is: Scrap a layout that uses at least four lines of a poem that relates to the topic of Spring. The lyrics can replace your journaling, be incorporated into it, or even in addition to journaling! It's up to you. (Don't forget to credit the author or artist ;) ). Want something a little more challenging? Instead of a poem, try the lyrics to a song.

Here's the page I created for this challenge. The poem is "Spring Song" by Robert Louis Stevenson:

26097998926_c066028c5c_z.jpg

... and some inspiration from the O's --

a3uhx.jpg

From Veer

springagain-L.jpg

From Rae

april_challenge1_lyrics_zpsh4ug4mwl.jpg

From Marijke

april_lyric2.jpg

From Chris

109874682_o.jpg

From Timounette​

The Rules
  • Scrap a page using at least four lines of a poem or song lyrics that relate to the season of Spring.
  • You must use 80% Oscraps products.
  • Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 Gallery by the end of the month and linked back to this thread.
  • You must update the monthly tracking thread to be eligible for your coupon.

Ready.
Set.
Go!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Trudy- that is too funny!

ETA- not sure where I got Trudy, but I meant Diane!!!
Sorry!

Last edited:

ViVre

I [heart] to use lyrics or poems for my layouts.
Here i used the title of a dutch song about spring for my title.

Thanks for the inspiration!
And happy spring!

femke272

I made the photo in my garden, the extraction of the blue crocus are mine too.
These are really the first flowers starting the spring.
The poetry I found on internet and is in Dutch.

voorjaar-web.jpg

Aussiekat

All of these pages are awesome. I'm a little jealous of the flowers in some of your gardens - I need to work on my garden a little more, I think. ;)

Aussiekat

Eeekkk!! April is almost done ... how did that happen?! Just a few more days to get challenges completed.

Tick.
Tock.
Tick.
Tock.

LOL (but no pressure, no ... none ;) )