Oscraps

Can you help me find...

Tamsin

please :-D

I have trouble finding the perfect textured 'white' background paper. I really like the canvas effect and have tried various textures to varying effect. I know I have one perfect paper in my stash but can never find it. Have determined I need to put it in a special folder when I do find it.

Would very much appreciate if you could point me to some lovely 'canvas' type backgrounds. You know the ones with just the right texture to look like a proper canvas to set off your artwork. Or textures you think might do the job.

Would really really appreciate anyone's time and effort in helping me with this.

Thanks a mint.

dwsewbiz

Artplay palette Crazy Life has a wonderful canvas textured paper...I use it all the time.
http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=29597&page=1

You can see a sample of it here:
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=278744&title=annalift0228-sacre-coeur&cat=all
AnnaLift-SacreCoeur.jpg

Tamsin

Diane, you won't be believe it but I'm in the shop now and have 'crazy' on my list!! So that's one.

Great page. Love how the blue strikes up the band. I'm actually heading to Paris in June so might see it.

Ellen

and I found one in Cozy collab and one in the Delight collab and in the Life collab

Tamsin

Thank you girls. I already have the Crazy and Terri Toni kits lined up to buy so it's great they have this sort of paper. Merkeley Design canvas textures is now also on my list.

Ellen I"m glad you pointed me to the texture tools because I just googled and Anna has a tutorial on her blog that I haven't caught up with yet.

I'll check the collabs out tomorrow.

Thanks for your help girls. This should be keep me going for a bit. It's really hard to remember what sort of paper each kit has and I can't really see the texture until I open it up in photoshop. I'll copy them to a special folder.

Tamsin

Thank you Chris. Just added one of those Lush Textures to my wish list. I don't know the half of what's in the shop I'm sure. I need to pull out my Sherlock Holmes kit LOL

Tamsin

Thanks for showing me those, Charlize. I guess I'm looking for a white solid paper with a nice texture - the sort you would use if you were making your own canvas portrait/print.

It's really hard to find but once or twice I've stumbled on one and didn't make a note. If I get time today I'll go through all the Oscraps kits and see if I can dig up one to explain exactly what I'm looking for.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
This just popped into my head-- Do you use Photoshop? You might be able to make you own using the filters or textures in it. Save it and use it over and over :)

Please don't ask me *how* to do it, I'd don't think i would be all that good with it.

Tamsin

Yes I have an very old version of photoshop, Chris, and I have used filters to try and create my own canvas backgrounds but I've seen better LOL Not clever in that way. :redface: