Oscraps

Based on a True Story Movies

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
So, I found out that some movies are very, very, very, loosely based on a true story. That can be misleading when you find out only a tiny insignificant fragment from the movie is based on a true story. I either want to watch a completely fictional movie or one that is pretty much based on a true story. Last night we watched the movie "Unstoppable" and it is based on the real life story of a run away train in 2001. I would recommend this movie. The only part that bothered me was them using God's name in vain. That part was annoying. What are your favorite "based on a true story" movies?

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I had to Google the topic, too. I found these movies that I've seen and enjoyed, although these movies might take more creative license than you would prefer:

Argo
Schindler's List
A League of Their Own
Glory
Apollo 13
The Blind Side

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I had to Google movies based on true stories so I can see what I have already watched :giggle4: I remember watching The King's Speech and enjoying it. Julie and Julia was good, and Erin Brockovich :)
I loved "The King's Speech" and "Julie and Julia" as well. I think I have seen "Erin Brockovich" but I'm not positive.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I had to Google the topic, too. I found these movies that I've seen and enjoyed, although these movies might take more creative license than you would prefer:

Argo
Schindler's List
A League of Their Own
Glory
Apollo 13
The Blind Side
I've seen "Apollo 13" and "The Blind Side" but don't think I have seen the rest of them. I may have seen "Schindler's List" but am not positive.

Reactions: AZK

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
I don't mind if the story is adapted but just based on a few historical facts.
A favourite of mine is Titanic.
The boat sank, it has the iceberg etc. for me that is enough.
If it were all to realistic is would be more of a documentary than a movie?

Reactions: AZK

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
And I liked three billboards outside ebbing,
also loosely based on a true story,
but not for the faint hearted, lots of anger and “Bad” language.