Oscraps

August Challenge #5 - Art Journaling

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
1627392661600.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)

I am excited to be hosting this month's Art Journaling Challenge. If you aren't familiar with art journaling, it is a way of combining images, art and words to express yourself. It's that simple. Anyone can do it. It doen't usually include photgraphs but it can. You can incorporate color, patterns, stamps, paint, layers of ephemera, gesso, scribbles, art dolls. Really any material you want. It's just another way of expressing yourself visually. We have a great Art Journal Gallery here at Oscraps to see how different people interpret art journaling.

Oscraps Art Journal Gallery

I am going to make this month's challenge easy cause I want everyone to see that art journaling is an option for them. Your page can have any theme. I do want you to include some text. I also ask that you use at least two colors other than black, white or brown. Everything else is up to you.

Here's my example page.
WorryWorryWorryB.jpg

RULES:
- Create an art journal page that includes some text and at least two colors other than black, white or brown.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 5 gallery by midnight PST August 31 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

I can't wait to see what y'all create this month.​

Last edited:

Kythe

CHEERY O
The great thing about Art Journals is that they can be created in so many ways.

FLKaren

Why is it some people cringe when hearing the sirens and seeing the flashing lights in the rear view mirror..... automatic response that you were doing something wrong?!? I recently got pulled over, I panicked {you know, feeling of fear rolled into not being able to breathe} even though I knew I wasn't speeding! The kind officer wanted to tell me that I had a tail light out, LOL.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Love seeing all the pages y'all are creating. It's great seeing the different styles y'all are using.

LDArtist

I found this quote by Susan Flaig that said:

"everything is subject to personal interpretation..... thankfully we all see things differently."

I love that! So I invite everyone to share what THEY see in this page!

This was a super thought provoking challenge
and I just LOVE that! Thanks so much!