Oscraps

August 2022 Challenge # 3 - Creative Photo Editing

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Thanks so much, Marianne, for the fun challenge. I processed my photo in PS with Topaz Studio 2, then I inverted the left side of the photo, then I used Color Blend Mode, then added a Texture Pattern to the left side of the photo, and adjusted levels. Then I processed it again in PS with Topaz Studio 2. ♥

margje

The O is awesOme
Thanks so much, Marianne, for the fun challenge. I processed my photo in PS with Topaz Studio 2, then I inverted the left side of the photo, then I used Color Blend Mode, then added a Texture Pattern to the left side of the photo, and adjusted levels. Then I processed it again in PS with Topaz Studio 2. ♥

Beautiful result of shadow and light! Love the photo treatment on your layout too!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I've gotten some comments on the photo on the layout above, I just wanted to share the original, so you can see what a darling summertime photo it really is:

IMG_5412web.jpg

I used the lasso tool to pick the sky & the land, and inverted that as the challenge said. Then I used the smart brush, and used the setting that makes skies bluer, on the water. That gave me this photo:

IMG_5412editweb.jpg

Then when I made the layout I used MultiMedia Suns No. 3 from Anna Aspnes, taking the sun top left of the preview, but deleting the sun, and just keeping the rest. Clipped the clouds and the glow to the photo, so it looks like it's a moon on the photo, but letting the birds fly out of the frame.

margje

The O is awesOme
I've gotten some comments on the photo on the layout above, I just wanted to share the original, so you can see what a darling summertime photo it really is:

View attachment 377943

I used the lasso tool to pick the sky & the land, and inverted that as the challenge said. Then I used the smart brush, and used the setting that makes skies bluer, on the water. That gave me this photo:

View attachment 377944

Then when I made the layout I used MultiMedia Suns No. 3 from Anna Aspnes, taking the sun top left of the preview, but deleting the sun, and just keeping the rest. Clipped the clouds and the glow to the photo, so it looks like it's a moon on the photo, but letting the birds fly out of the frame.

Great job Eva!

Robloz55

Below is the original photo used for this inversion.

Just so you know you are NOT seeing double, I have also used this same photo for my new signature as well :cool:

This was a personal photo taken by me on a rainy day in October 2014 of the local basketball court in my neighbourhood.
I was fascinated by the colours and the design. This is not the full photo. Just the centre section. The far left side has trees painted on the wall and the far right side had mountains and waterfalls painted on the wall. It is the hands in the centre that are the most important.

Attachments

• BB_court_small_photo.jpg
    BB_court_small_photo.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

margje

The O is awesOme

Below is the original photo used for this inversion.

Just so you know you are NOT seeing double, I have also used this same photo for my new signature as well :cool:

This was a personal photo taken by me on a rainy day in October 2014 of the local basketball court in my neighbourhood.
I was fascinated by the colours and the design. This is not the full photo. Just the centre section. The far left side has trees painted on the wall and the far right side had mountains and waterfalls painted on the wall. It is the hands in the centre that are the most important.
Very interesting! Great effect! Creative take on the challenge!