Oscraps

Are you experiencing a hot Summer?

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
These last few days have been very hot days in Portugal. Temperatures have been above 40 degrees in most of the territory and I don't remember ever being this hot. We have some active fires with considerable dimensions that don't give firefighters rest. I try to stay at home as long as possible because it's very unpleasant outside even in the shade. And what about you? how is your Summer?

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
June was really hot - record year. July is a joke! Today it was 12C/53F!!!

We have little over 1 week left of our vacation, Expecting the nice summer weather to start on Monday, July 25th, our first day back at work.

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
The spring was quite dry and sunny ... In July it has already been quite warm ... but not extremely ...
Next week they predict very warm ... 35-36°C (95°F) and we don't have airco ... I may start with my travel album or Lanzarote ...

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
June was warmer than average here in Michigan and the prediction is that the rest of the summer will follow suit. I don't think July has been too bad though, just average.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
June was really hot - record year. July is a joke! Today it was 12C/53F!!!

We have little over 1 week left of our vacation, Expecting the nice summer weather to start on Monday, July 25th, our first day back at work.
Oh, those temperatures are unusual for July!! at least you are not melting like me.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
The spring was quite dry and sunny ... In July it has already been quite warm ... but not extremely ...
Next week they predict very warm ... 35-36°C (95°F) and we don't have airco ... I may start with my travel album or Lanzarote ...
Oh, that´s hot!! wishing luck, you need to get airco.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
June was warmer than average here in Michigan and the prediction is that the rest of the summer will follow suit. I don't think July has been too bad though, just average.
Glad to see it is all normal in Michigan!!

Amandajk

Here in the South, we expect heat. Doesn't mean we like it!!! 3 weeks already with 5/7 heat advisory days- 95 F actual temps with heat indices of 104+ . So far on those days we wake up and it's over 80 degrees F. Too hot to go outside. Too hot to go to the lake-humidity is what makes that so. 80-90-% humidity. I just can't handle that. If I am out more than 20 minutes in those temperatures, I overheat. My face gets bright red, and I will stay overheated for 3-4 hours. animated-smileys-summer-024.gifPLUS, the mosquitoes are crazy in humidity!!!
I LOVE the outdoors, so extreme heat is frustrating to me. Now, today, we had high humidity ( we are an hour from the East coast) but the actual temps were below 90. animated-smileys-summer-011.gif That felt GREAT!!! I love starting the day on my patio or front porch.animated-smileys-summer-011.gifanimated-smileys-summer-024.gif

Last edited:

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
According to the forecast, temperatures of up to 40 C ( 104 F ) degrees are expected next week. Even though it's summer, I think it's way too hot and the climate has changed. Very bad is the drought and risk of fire. We are not used to that in Germany.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Heat is the biggest reason we left the Australian mainland to move down south to Tasmania. The summer of 2017 was terrible and the day that we decided we wanted to move to a cooler climate was in the Feb of that year. Outside, on our deck IN THE SHADE it was 48.9C (120F) and humidity was 95% to boot!! We didn't have air con but Reg built our house for summer living, we virtually didn't have any walls as they were sliding doors which could be opened all the time. Plus our house was on the side a large hill so we did get some nice breezes coming through the house. For many years Christmas was always at our place as it was so much cooler than being in town, we used to sit out on our huge deck and it was lovely. But in later years the summers had just gotten hotter and hotter and our once beautiful house just didn't do much for us at all! :(

Down here in Tasmania we get four distinct seasons each year, whereas at the old place we virtually had summer (hot) for 9 months of the year and autumn/winter (cool) for 3 months! lol! I love it down here, last summer we had a couple of days that were around 32C (89F) but then we get a cool breeze off the ocean in the afternoon, absolute bliss!!! :) We have had some lovely sunny winter days the last week or so but today it has been raining and windy ......... and I love it! lol!! Let me know if you want me to send some cooler weather to you, where you are!!! lol!!!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Here in the South, we expect heat. Doesn't mean we like it!!! 3 weeks already with 5/7 heat advisory days- 95 F actual temps with heat indices of 104+ . So far on those days we wake up and it's over 80 degrees F. Too hot to go outside. Too hot to go to the lake-humidity is what makes that so. 80-90-% humidity. I just can't handle that. If I am out more than 20 minutes in those temperatures, I overheat. My face gets bright red, and I will stay overheated for 3-4 hours. View attachment 375940PLUS, the mosquitoes are crazy in humidity!!!
I LOVE the outdoors, so extreme heat is frustrating to me. Now, today, we had high humidity ( we are an hour from the East coast) but the actual temps were below 90. View attachment 375939 That felt GREAT!!! I love starting the day on my patio or front porch.
Yes, those are my day!! to hot to go to the beach too.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
According to the forecast, temperatures of up to 40 C ( 104 F ) degrees are expected next week. Even though it's summer, I think it's way too hot and the climate has changed. Very bad is the drought and risk of fire. We are not used to that in Germany.
I agree Sylvia, this Summer is different, so much hotter.

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Heat is the biggest reason we left the Australian mainland to move down south to Tasmania. The summer of 2017 was terrible and the day that we decided we wanted to move to a cooler climate was in the Feb of that year. Outside, on our deck IN THE SHADE it was 48.9C (120F) and humidity was 95% to boot!! We didn't have air con but Reg built our house for summer living, we virtually didn't have any walls as they were sliding doors which could be opened all the time. Plus our house was on the side a large hill so we did get some nice breezes coming through the house. For many years Christmas was always at our place as it was so much cooler than being in town, we used to sit out on our huge deck and it was lovely. But in later years the summers had just gotten hotter and hotter and our once beautiful house just didn't do much for us at all! :(

Down here in Tasmania we get four distinct seasons each year, whereas at the old place we virtually had summer (hot) for 9 months of the year and autumn/winter (cool) for 3 months! lol! I love it down here, last summer we had a couple of days that were around 32C (89F) but then we get a cool breeze off the ocean in the afternoon, absolute bliss!!! :) We have had some lovely sunny winter days the last week or so but today it has been raining and windy ......... and I love it! lol!! Let me know if you want me to send some cooler weather to you, where you are!!! lol!!!!
Yes, please Ona!! we need some cooler weather, LoL I can't even imagine how it's possible to live with temperatures of 48.9. :eek:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
no airco in that temperature!!!!!! YIKES!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O

120!?!??! ugh, that's awful. We've had a lot of 100+ days so far and have 111 forecasted for Tuesday.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
120!?!??! ugh, that's awful. We've had a lot of 100+ days so far and have 111 forecasted for Tuesday.
Yes, the summers have slowly become a lot hotter up there, and while that was an extremely hot day, not every day was like, normal summer temps are up around the 35C (91F) - 39C (102C) and for me it was just getting toooooo hot! bleh! The humidity was the killer though, I always used to feel that I would never be 'dry' again! lol!!! Other people hanker after holidays at a tropical resort, I dream of wanting to go to places like Scotland and the Canadian mountains! lol!
giphy.gif

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Our summer is a total opposite of what we have had the last few years. Cool and very, very wet. Only a handful of sunny hot days so far. But it makes for a better year for the fire fighters! The grass is very green and the plants don't need to be watered so much LOL. Last year we experienced a horrible heat dome in June and oh my gosh I don't ever want to feel that kind of heat ever again!

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
Summers are always hot in South Louisiana, but we are sweltering here. June was awful, record highs and July much the same. With our humidity, a 91 degree day is actually 101. Our humidity is 50-70%. Our electric bill is through the roof. Thank goodness for the pool.

tjscraps

June was the rainiest June ever (maybe not officially but seemed like it!), but the past week or so has been really hot!!!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Our summer is a total opposite of what we have had the last few years. Cool and very, very wet. Only a handful of sunny hot days so far. But it makes for a better year for the fire fighters! The grass is very green and the plants don't need to be watered so much LOL. Last year we experienced a horrible heat dome in June and oh my gosh I don't ever want to feel that kind of heat ever again!
The weather has been a little strange these last few years. #crazy

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Summers are always hot in South Louisiana, but we are sweltering here. June was awful, record highs and July much the same. With our humidity, a 91 degree day is actually 101. Our humidity is 50-70%. Our electric bill is through the roof. Thank goodness for the pool.
Cool, you have a pool!! that saves the day.

Amandajk

Dare I say it??? We have had approx. 8 days of 100+ heat indices- not actual temps of 100+. That is unusual for July- it is normally really hot. #dkNOT complaining!! Hope this doesn't bring those days on, LOL!
I saw reports on Youtube that Europe is having many fires due to dryness. Wow. And on the other hand massive floods in several nations. Shew!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Yes, the summers have slowly become a lot hotter up there, and while that was an extremely hot day, not every day was like, normal summer temps are up around the 35C (91F) - 39C (102C) and for me it was just getting toooooo hot! bleh! The humidity was the killer though, I always used to feel that I would never be 'dry' again! lol!!! Other people hanker after holidays at a tropical resort, I dream of wanting to go to places like Scotland and the Canadian mountains! lol!
giphy.gif
Ona you can come and visit me and go on some hikes with me in the Mountains, not like the Rocky Mountains here but we do have some beautiful ones!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
We just moved here but we heard that last summer they had mid 40's weather. This summer so far it has been mid 30's but the next month will get hotter. I am hoping to stay in the 30's...fingers crossed.