Oscraps

April Challenge #1 - Creative Photo Editing

margje

The O is awesOme
1616698384374.png

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you! :)
Welcome to April's Creative Photo Editing Challenge.
This month we are going to play with one group of the Photoshop Creative Filters, the Distort Filters.​
If you are using a different photo editing program, look for a similar filter.​
I took a screenshot of this Filter group!​
Go to Filter- Filter gallery- Distort​
Doc1 ripple sample.jpg

Doc1 ripple.jpg

For my photo I used the Ocean Ripple filter. Experiment for a good result for your photo! ( use the sliders to get the perfect setting for your photo) There are more to choose from, like the Diffuse Glow and the Glass Filter.​
Create a layout that fits this style well and the result will give you an artistic effect!​
You can use a layermask to enhance the effect even more!​
Here is my sample page:​
Challenge-page-create-600-web.jpg

FotoBlendz Overlays No. 5 Anna Aspnes Summer Palette Natali Design Asemic Writing Brushes Crafty Button Designs Summer Afterglow by Design by Tina

RULES:
- Use one of the Distort Filters on your Photo Editing software for altering your photo. Use this photo in your layout!
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.​
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.​
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.​
- Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.​
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST April 30 2021 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).​
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.​

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).​
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.​
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.​
Have fun!​

Last edited:

LDArtist

This challenge was so much FUN!
I chose this photo I took years ago at a workshop. I had the model wrap tulle around herself for something different.
It was the perfect picture to use the "Glass Distortion" effect on. The settings were:
Distortion=19 Softness=11 Texture=Frosting

Then I just went nuts layering and layering.....
just having fun!

Thanks again for the FUN challenge!!!

margje

The O is awesOme
This challenge was so much FUN!
I chose this photo I took years ago at a workshop. I had the model wrap tulle around herself for something different.
It was the perfect picture to use the "Glass Distortion" effect on. The settings were:
Distortion=19 Softness=11 Texture=Frosting

Then I just went nuts layering and layering.....
just having fun!

Thanks again for the FUN challenge!!!
This looks awesome! Like the effect and the beautiful layout!