Oscraps

Anyone else having problems with PS 2022?

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I've been a PS user for twenty years and this is the first time when I tried working on a layout I cannot do anything without the program freezing. I've restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've tried to find help on the Adobe site with no results so far.

Is anyone else having major issues like this? Or, have you had recently, and if so, how did you resolve the issues?

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
In the last few days, I had the problem that PS became very slow and some styles were not copied correctly. There were 2 updates yesterday and now everything is working again.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have had problems with it freezing as well. Tried to run a plugin the other day and it got about 2/3rds of way through and then stopped with an error message saying it had run out of memory!!! I had a faint recollection that I read somewhere, ages ago, that this version likes to hog memory, so as test I closed that version down and opened PS 2021 and ran the plugin on my photo and it sailed through it! So I guess when I want to use stuff like that I will need to use the earlier version but what PIA!!! lol!!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
In the last few days, I had the problem that PS became very slow and some styles were not copied correctly. There were 2 updates yesterday and now everything is working again.
Mine was working fine yesterday, but doesn't work at all today. I'm struggling with PS Elements right now, trying to work with that, but I've never used the program before, so working in the dark. Ugh! I think I'll go sit in a corner and cry for a while!! :(

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I have had problems with it freezing as well. Tried to run a plugin the other day and it got about 2/3rds of way through and then stopped with an error message saying it had run out of memory!!! I had a faint recollection that I read somewhere, ages ago, that this version likes to hog memory, so as test I closed that version down and opened PS 2021 and ran the plugin on my photo and it sailed through it! So I guess when I want to use stuff like that I will need to use the earlier version but what PIA!!! lol!!
I wonder if I can still download the old version? I'll see if I can. Maybe that will work for me.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I wonder if I can still download the old version? I'll see if I can. Maybe that will work for me.
When I open my Creative Cloud Desktop I get can open two older products............. after awhile the old versions do drop off so not sure what I will do then! lol!
1649947040243.png

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Mine was working fine yesterday, but doesn't work at all today. I'm struggling with PS Elements right now, trying to work with that, but I've never used the program before, so working in the dark. Ugh! I think I'll go sit in a corner and cry for a while!! :(
@Betty Jo
What operating system do you have? Maybe an update is needed ...

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I'm using Windows 10. I'll ask my son, he's a computer whiz. Maybe I need to update to W11. Thanks for the tip, Sylvia.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
How many memory do you have? My CC 22 computer (not at home unfortunately) hass 32 GB..and I and works like a charm..I don't use any plug ins

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
How many memory do you have? My CC 22 computer (not at home unfortunately) hass 32 GB..and I and works like a charm..I don't use any plug ins
I expect that is part of my problem, Hieronique. My computer is old, and probably around 16 GB. I've been thinking I need to upgrade and this has made it more real to me for sure.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I have Windows 10 and 16GB RAM and everything else runs okay with no problems, and it's strange that plugins run perfectly in the older version while the new version says its run out of memory. But have heard a lot of other people complain that they can not run some of their actions in the new version and have to go back to an older version for them to run correctly (which is where I got the idea to try the same thing for a couple of plugin I have in FX Box in Photoshop).

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I'm not sure Betty Jo, no doubt your son would know so if you ask, let me know! lol!
I asked him yesterday, Ona, and he says his don't update automatically. I'll be going over first of the week, so I'll have him help me find if there is a place to turn the auto off. I searched yesterday and was unable to find anything on my own. I'll let you know if I find the answer.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I have Windows 10 and 16GB RAM and everything else runs okay with no problems, and it's strange that plugins run perfectly in the older version while the new version says its run out of memory. But have heard a lot of other people complain that they can not run some of their actions in the new version and have to go back to an older version for them to run correctly (which is where I got the idea to try the same thing for a couple of plugin I have in FX Box in Photoshop).
Same here, Ona. Everything else runs beautifully on mine as well. I'm so glad you shared about going back to an older version. When I did that yesterday it was such a relief and helped my frustrations a bit. I checked the PS forum mid-day yesterday and they were getting complaints every three minutes to do with the new update and I was having all the problems listed, and more, not just a few of them. :rolleyes:

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Isn't it possible to change the auto update in the preferences in your account?
I always get a notification and can choose if I do the update or not ..

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 15.48.51.png

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I ried once to do the lightning filter. I didn't work without notice. Maybe It is also another problem than less memory.