Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge September 10-September 24, 2021

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 09-24-21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.
If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!

If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!

If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this Challenge, use artsy memory keeping or art journaling involving Still Life:

marleen_bold colors.800.jpg
Bold Colors . . . Marleen

Bold Colors . . . by Marleen creates a vibrant and dynamic still life of blossoms placed in a crystal clear vase. The abstract petals dance in vibrant hues of fuchsia, aqua, purple, and yellow. The vase is only a suggestion of line and glass. The transparency is preserved with strokes of stems and scripted text. Bold splatters of inky black play throughout the imagery. The composition is perfectly wrapped in a thin black line and a wide white frame. Marleen shares her stunning art to inspire our artistry.

pam p_just perfect.jpg
just perfect . . . by pam p

Just perfect . . . by pam p creates her still life with a suggestion of vintage artistry in a charcoal sketch. The white petalled daisies dance on nervous stems of charcoal. The white and black are perfectly paired with a coffee stained ground; a swash of white flows out of the frame. The vessel is a hint of metal with banded lines. Threads accent a tattered and torn frame, almost centrally placed with a wide band of textures and splatters. A title and a thoughtful statement provoke our feelings while the bright butterfly brightens our reverie. Pam p shares her stunning artistry to inspire our artistry and memories.
This challenge presents two very different approaches to expressive digital artistry.

Both artists use still life as a subject matter…How will you be inspired?

Thank you, Marleen and pam p for sharing your expressive and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout
  • Create an expressive design that is bold or neutral. . .
  • Add an artsy photo effect to the focal image...
  • Place the image in the center and use a wide frame. . .
  • Use an Artsy Transfer or a FotoBlendz for an out of bounds focal point. . .
  • Add dimensional elements for color…
  • Add artsy splatters for color and texture...
  • Add Artsy ScriptTease....
PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette Ambages

ArtPlay Palette Artsy
Artsy Transfer Verdure
Stitched by Anna Frames No. 3
Distressed Frames No. 1
Happiness Word Transfers No. 1
Different Strokes No. 8
Charcoal No. 2

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!
Anna and the aA Team

Last edited:

Adryane

aA Creative Team Member
Beautiful inspiration pieces. Thank you, Nancy.

full

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I adore Marleen's work and actually recently chose her layout for a Standing O! I started with a similar look as my goal, but as I worked on my layout, I found myself leaning more and more towards the influence of pam p's page. Thanks for a really fun challenge!