Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge February 12-26

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 02.26.21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!
If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

IN THIS CHALLENGE, CHOOSE YOUR ARTSY STYLE (JOURNALING OR MEMORY KEEPING) and USE An EXTRACTED FIGURE OR OBJECT AS A DESIGN ELEMENT:

isDK_she-loved-art.jpg

She Loved Art …. by isDK
https://oscraps.com/community/media/she-loved-art.347829/

In She Loved Art by isDK, the artist creates an exciting visual statement and a tribute to a lost artist friend. isDK has painted a background with a flowing pattern in analogous colors of yellow, green, and turquoise. These were inspired by the clothing of the stylish figure who stands of a cluster of threads. The extracted figure stands boldly against a frosted rectangular frame. In a signature move, isDK creates a double page spread with wonderful balance. Paint brushes against a softened rectangle complement the figure. isDK creates a stunning design to inspire our artistry.

terryb_2020-10-31-Dad-Love.jpg

Belong… by terryb
https://oscraps.com/community/media/belong.345332/

In Belong by terryb, a beautiful memory is preserved with beautifully extracted and blended figures. A young father tickles his giggling baby girl. The bold figures fill the design and are balanced with framed close-up portraits. terryb uses a beaded title to link the images together. A simple threaded button repeats the round shape. The red-orange of the button creates a visual pop of color against the yellow-green artsy ground. terryb creates a stunning design of paternal love to inspire our artsy storytelling.

Thank you, isDK and terryb for sharing your expressive and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.

• Use an extracted figure to tell your story in a memory page or an art journaling design.
  • Use an artsy blended background effect on your image.
  • Create a double page spread.
  • Use subtle colors or bold to express your self.
  • Add brush strokes and ribbons or threadz and buttons for texture and dimension.

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:
ArtPlay Palette Neige
ArtPlay Palette Embers
Corner Slit Frames No. 1
UrbanStitchez Hearts No. 4
MultiMedia Documents No. 5

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the aA Team

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge and for forcing me to work on my extractions. Haha Here's my page. I extracted the picture of my granddaughter from a snowy background photograph.

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Thanks for the challenge and for forcing me to work on my extractions. Haha Here's my page. I extracted the picture of my granddaughter from a snowy background photograph.

Beautiful extraction! I love digital extractions! (I use to cut up the Sears and Roebuck catalog, too!)