Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge August 27, 2021-September 10, 2021

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 09-10-21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!

If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!

If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this Challenge, use the principle of design -repetition - for your artsy memory keeping or art journaling:

full

Corynn and Jacob 1st Day of School by frani_54

In Corynn and Jacob - 1st Day of School, frani_54 depicts a series of photos of her charming grandchildren with their eager and excited faces. The repetition of the photos adds impact to the story. Each portrait represents a unique smile and a wonderful artistic effect. Each close-up portrait is accented with a subtitle. A sketch effect is applied to a large photo to soften its dominance. Repetition and variety are used for visual impact. Green flows throughout the design and rests on a neutral gray. A dimensional cluster of school supplies follows the theme and is grouped with a beaded word art. frani_54 shares her stunning artistry to inspire our artsy memory keeping.

full

Enter the Twilight Zone by margje

A blend of images combine into the surreal in Enter the Twilight Zone by margje. Multiple figures of a young woman are placed across the design. She holds a thoughtful pose. Each is combined with the bare nervous lines of branches reminiscent of veins. The sky poses an eerie green glow that contrasts with the vibrant fuchsia flowers. Words. Dark skies. Yellow buttons. Streaming Stars. Outlines. Each an individual touch to the figures. The thin light streaks across the figures uniting them while the thin outlines are repeated in the stems of the flowers. A word art labels and invites us to enter the fantasy. Margje shares her stunning artistry to inspire our artsy dreams and creativity.

This challenge presents two very different approaches to digital artistry - memory keeping and artsy journaling.

Both artists rely on the principle of design-repetition…How will you be inspired?

Thank you, frani_54 and margje for sharing your expressive and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.
  • Create an expressive design that illustrates repetition. . .
  • Repeat a single expressive photo . . or multiple photos of the same event…
  • Add strokes to elements or frames. . .
  • Journal your thoughts. . .
  • Use different photo effects to capture the theme…
  • Add artsy stains for color and texture...
  • Add artsy titles …
PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette Lost
ArtPlay Palette Studious
Urban Threadz FotoBlendz Frames No. 3
Grow WordArt Mix No. 1
MultiMedia Documents No. 8

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the aA Team

Last edited:

isDK

Another example of repetition, here not just the numbers but since the subject is the shadows they get credit for some serious repetition too. I liked when I couldn't decide on black or white for the dotted frame, and the shadows gave me some of both. ;)

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Thank you very much Nancy for this challenge! I love the great inspiration pages!

I'm very sorry, I didn't read the game rules for repetition.

Stunning! Plenty of repetition in the lines, the bricks, the shapes in the figure!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Another example of repetition, here not just the numbers but since the subject is the shadows they get credit for some serious repetition too. I liked when I couldn't decide on black or white for the dotted frame, and the shadows gave me some of both. ;)

Fabulous! I love the stencil of the numbers! Yes, we had to put the house numbers on the railing of the porch. I am not sure that I get all of my packages, but I do not have to deliver anyone else's.

digiscrapper

Pictures, please
Life-Long-Friends.jpg

I used Anna's ArtsyTemplate 7 from 2011. (Have I ever mentioned I have a hard time throwing anything away?) I have a pair of friends who I have considered my best friends for 60 years. When I looked over photos from the past, I noticed we tend to pose in the same positions. Three peas in a pod.

peas in a pod!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
View attachment 357831

I used Anna's ArtsyTemplate 7 from 2011. (Have I ever mentioned I have a hard time throwing anything away?) I have a pair of friends who I have considered my best friends for 60 years. When I looked over photos from the past, I noticed we tend to pose in the same positions. Three peas in a pod.

peas in a pod!
This is FABULOUS! I love it!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Anna Lift - Repetition #2
I thought this was worthy enough for another repetition submission.
Great work with the repeating figures and frames!