Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge April 9-23

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 04.23.21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!

If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!

If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this AnnaLift Challenge, choose your Artsy or Art Journal Style and use bold Graphic Lines and Stripes :

full

à bicyclette by myla

In à-bicyclette, myla creates a beautifully dynamic portrait of a young student who is ready for school. The portrait is perfectly blended with layers of edgy masks. The front of the bicycle pushes out of the mask for dimension and direction. myla has created a wordart that mixes a san serif with a script. The Albert Einstein quote offers an important message for life and cyclist: ‘Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.’ The brilliant blue of the bicycle is repeated in the clean graphic lines and grungy blue stripes for a visually exciting artwork. Drips of blue direct the eyes to the graphic signs of the bicycles. myla creates a stunning Gallery Stand Out to inspire our artsy memory keeping.

full

DJ by 5angels

In DJ, 5angels creates a dynamic portrait of a young athlete. Multiple images are clipped to the mask to add to the sense of movement. The design relies on a limited color palette of black and white with touches of green artsy strokes. The excitement of the game is felt in the blended layers of photos and title. The stripes of the shirt add to the tension. The John Wooden quote appears as a wordart stops the player from leaving the page. 5angels creates a stunning design to inspire our artsy storytelling.

Thank you, myla and 5angels, for sharing your expressive and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.

• Use one photo, no photo, or multiple photos.
  • Choose a theme that says play, fun, or your favorite subject.
  • Use a creative graphic element such as lines, patterns, signs, wordart.
  • Use neutral colors or complementary colors to express your self.
  • Add graphic lines, buttons, elements, and urban grunge or urban threadz.

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette City Limits
ArtPlay Palette Twizzle
ModGrunge FotoBlendz No. 4
Photography Value Pack No. 1
Grow WordArt No. 1

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the aA Team

Last edited:

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
I was inspired by the graphic, black and white page. I converted this picture of my grandson running and used lots of graphic elements on my page. Thanks for the challenge.

Gorgeous use of black and white! I love the energy and excitement!

JoanK

I think this fits the spirit of the challenge - a playful theme, a bit more graphic with the red stripes and the urban threadz. I rarely use a dark background; I started with this one light, but decided I really liked the darker background to pop the color of the photo.

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
I think this fits the spirit of the challenge - a playful theme, a bit more graphic with the red stripes and the urban threadz. I rarely use a dark background; I started with this one light, but decided I really liked the darker background to pop the color of the photo.
Fabulous! I love the photo! They are super cute and giggly! The red really pops and creates that energy and excitement!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Thank you for participating in this challenge inspired by Myla and 5angels!

The winner of the GiftKard is Cherylndesign! Congratulations!