Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge 11.19.21-12. 3.21

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 12-03–21 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!

If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!

If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

In this Challenge, use Artsy Transfers or FotoBlendz Overlay for Out of the Box framing:

marijke_21-11_O_November-Challenge-#4---Quote-it.jpg

Quote It Kahlil Gibran by marijke

Marijke creates a stunning winter scene. A double postage frame isolates the focal point - a figure in a red jacket and a loyal companion. They are outdoors for a winter adventure and are gazing into the frozen scene. Our focus is drawn into the image as we look with curiosity beyond the figures. Cool neutrals of blue and copper tinge the snowy layers. Dynamic calligraphic lines and sprinkles of snowflakes add movement that contrast with the stillness of the image. The edges of the blended photo are framed with torn papers and snowflake sprinklez. Marijke completes the stunning image with an expressive quote.

veer_anna-lift.jpg
Take a Tour by veer

Take a Tour by veer captures the beauty and drama of a city skyline at night. Veer uses a horizontal band to establish the focal point. A sweeping bridge is framed and masked in a brilliant and grungy style. The edges of the photo become textured and blended to create an abstract suggestion of the city night. Bright blue and gold light and color contrast with the depth of night. The ground is textured with impasto paint and splatters which echo the gold of the lights. Torn paper edges direct the movement of the eyes to the flow and curve of the bridge. Veer completes her stunning design with a word art title.
This challenge demonstrates two unique approaches to expressive digital artistry.

Each artist uses an Out of the Box Framing for their subject matter…How will you be inspired?

Thank you, marijke and veer, for sharing your expressive and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout

• Create an artsy design using out of the box framing. . .
  • Create a design with a seasonal or travel photo...
  • Use spot color to emphasize the subject. . .
  • Use an Artsy Transfer or FotoBlendz Overlay to blend the image. . .
  • Add dimensional elements for accents…
  • Add textures in paper or paint...
  • Add an Artsy titles or a quote....

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

ArtPlay Palette Kindred
ArtPlay Palette Fallen Blush
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 18
Multimedia Leaves No. 9
Artsy Transfers Bountiful
Good Stuff WordMix No. 1

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.

Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the aA Team

Last edited:

Tamsin

Love the inspiration pages. I completed this page a few weeks ago but it ticks some of the boxes and Marijke's page reminded me of it. Unfortunately I lost the original .psd copy when my laptop crashed. I had it open at the time. A friend runs a travel agency in Egypt and two of the photos are hers and the others are free images off wiki I think. I can't remember because it took me awhile to complete this.

Attachments

• renovating-egypt.jpg
    renovating-egypt.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 8

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Gorgeous designs from all of you!

Congratulations to the winner of the random drawing - tamsin.