Oscraps

***AnnaLIFT 2/13/16 - 2/19/16***

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
It’s Saturday, and time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. Each Saturday the AnnaTeam selects one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Choose ONE idea from the page to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. There is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay. Be inspired and create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 2.19.16 by NOON EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. The winner will be posted each Friday here in the forum.

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

This week we are lifting "Heritage" by "tansy". How special this heritage page is. Whereas most of us tend to scrap a heritage page using only neutrals, I adore the unexpected addition of the splash of sunny yellow. It seems to add to the smile on the young girls face. I adore the texture around the photo, which adds to the depth of the page, and how wonderful that she chose to have the yellow blend into the photo, as to become part of the photograph. I love her unexpected use of a frame to encapsulate the WordART, and her brushwork of spatters, sprinkle of hearts, stains, text and lines add so much interest and really keep your eyes moving, and discovering more on the page - so special a heritage page this is.

Heritage by tansy

I am so anxious to see what everyone creates, as you never disappoint with the lifts you create, so it is now up to you to choose just what you want to lift from this page. You may choose to lift a single element of the layout, or lift it all - whatever grabs you and takes hold of you when you look at this layout. Have some fun with it - I am sure the results will be awesome – remember anything goes, as long as you are having fun!!!

This week’s AnnaLift will inspire all of us in some way. Maybe you will choose to:
-create a heritage layout
-add a splash of unexpected color
-include some texture
-add some brushwork
-use a frame without a photo
-design using some white space
-include some stitching

What creative ideas will inspire for you this week in the AnnaLift challenge?
Try something new.
Have some fun.
Enjoy a new ArtPlay or love an old ArtPlay
Pat yourself on the back for being an awesome YOU.
Upload your AnnaLift to the gallery so we can tell YOU that you are awesome too!
It really doesn’t get any more cool or simple than that!

We can’t wait to see all the fabulous and creative AnnaLifts and we invite you to share your ART with us in the Anna gallery where we will love and encourage you.

If you have never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift…………just do it!
If you have never posted or shared your AnnaLift……………...just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery….do it! (you just never know how your words could inspire and encourage someone!)

Thank you "tansy", for sharing your amazing page and your beautiful ART with us and inspiring us this week!! Love to see your ART in the Anna gallery!

A few more cool inspirations from Anna Aspnes:
ArtPlay Palette Neige (new)
ArtPlay Palette For the Record
ArtsyTransfers Studious
ButtonThreadz No. 1 (new)
Stitched by Anna White No. 8
Spackle Textured No. 3

We hope our AnnaLift inspires you and we invite you come join us in the gallery and share your ‘AnnaLift.’ You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay……………..Anna just wants us all to PLAY.

UPLOAD YOU ANNALIFT BY NOON EST 2.19.16 AND CHECK BACK HERE TO SEE WHO WINS THE GIFTKARD.

Thanks!!
Anna and Team

SharLamb

Sharron
I was late coming to The Eagles...I think, into my 60s. When I got out of high school, I stopped listening to the radio because doo-wop rock 'n' roll seemed gone, and I wasn't impressed by what was replacing it. I didn't even like the Beatles that much! The Eagles were coming on the scene right about the time I was serious about other things...getting married...raising a family. Then a few years ago I was sitting at my computer listening to Pandora, when I heard this wonderful band with magical harmony singing, "Take It To the Limit." I had discovered The Eagles. When I asked a few people if they had ever heard them, I was greeted with very strange looks. I guess Dave and I were the only two people who didn't know about them!

Recently we watched a TV biography of them. Not a pretty picture. They were steeped in drug and alcohol abuse for years. Behaved like animals at hotels. Were profane in so many ways. But then they grew up, and returned to the music world after 14 years apart. They were more popular than ever, and sounded every bit as good as they had in their early years. Drugs and alcohol were off limits.

Glenn Frey was the heart of The Eagles. He was a gifted song-writer, musician, singer..... and seemed to be just a very nice man. He died January 18, 2016, at the age of 67. I feel like I missed out on something special.

I wish he could "Take It To the Limit One More Time."

02-13-16_Glenn_Frey_Poster_copy.jpg

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=345541&nocache=1

Last edited by a moderator:

CindaA

Am I the only nerd that stalks the new challenge post? They help me make sure to get a layout complete! Maybe 6-8 pages to go until my 2016 layouts are done. I can't wait to see them all together in print!

isDK

Thank you Joanie for the challenge and Tansy for the beautiful page. Such an inspiration!

SharLamb

Sharron
Cinda, I stalk it too. Especially today. I knew I wanted to make a tribute page to Glenn Frey, and hoped it could be done as a response to the challenge...which happened to be perfect for what I had in mind. But yes! I'm hangin' out all day Saturdays until it gets posted! LOL

easyeyes4you

WOW.. such a stunning collection of pages here, I could hardly wait to get down to the challenge page and see what it was... not sure if everyone's computer does the order backwards like mine does, but it always starts with the newest pages on this site.. so I have to go to what is called the last page to see the beginning... I used to try to change it, but have gotten used to it now... Again... Truly beautiful pages so far...:focus:

helenedubois

helenedubois
Memories

Memories213.jpg
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=345654&title=memories-2fanna-lift&cat=all

Barbara Houston

Dad and Me - Anna Lift

Here is my entry for the Anna Lift using a photo of Dad and myself when I was a baby, oh so long ago. Again, all the entries are so beautiful.

dwsewbiz

I wish I had more heritage photos but I've already scrapped the few I have. So I went with multiple frames and yellow, plus text, hearts and stitches.

easyeyes4you

Here's mine... photos I have no memory of scanning... don't know where the originals are... My family wants to see what is in the images, so large and nothing artsy, in fact enhanced to be sharper... the softer originals probably would have been better? I chose not to clean them up going for the worn look.

femke272

I don't have a lot of old family photos, but this one I do like, so I used it for this Annalift.
It's during a Christmasmeal at my mother's home when she was a young woman inthe early fifty's.

Christmasmeal_-Annalift_feb_web.jpg