Oscraps

***AnnaLIFT 1/9/16 - 1/15/16***

tylertooo

aA Creative Team Member
It’s Saturday, and time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. Each Saturday the AnnaTeam selects one creative page from the Anna gallery as the weekly ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration page and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Choose ONE idea from the page to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. There is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay. Be inspired and create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 1/15/16 by NOON EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop. The winner will be posted each Friday here in the forum.

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

This week we are lifting a layout entitled "The Beauty of Winter" by "Debby Todd". How gorgeous this layout is, the wonderful icy colors of winter, not just present in the photo, but beautifully carried through the rest of the layout. Looking at the layout, I adore the faint vertical bands of white behind the vertically framed portion of the image, and I love the faint textures and script, along with the white and gray stains, spatters and artstrokes. Everything mimics the hues found within the photo, reinforcing that feeling of a cold winters day. I love that Debby allows her photo to be center stage, and everything placed upon the page support that photo, but never overpowers it's beauty. Her simple title in the lower right seems to anchor the page, and her use of the single pearl holding down the two photos is the perfect finishing touch. I gaze at this beautiful, snowy, yet stark, white winter scene, and can almost take a deep breath and feel the cold. Beautiful layout Debby!

The Beauty of Winter by Debby Todd

I am so anxious to see what everyone creates, as you never disappoint with the lifts you create, so it is now up to you to choose just what you want to lift from this page. You may choose to lift a single element of the layout, or lift it all - whatever grabs you and takes hold of you when you look at this layout. Have some fun with it - I am sure the results will be awesome – remember anything goes, as long as you are having fun!!!

This week’s AnnaLift will inspire all of us in some way. Maybe you will choose to:
-Allow your photo to span multiple frames
-use some artstrokes and splatters
-create a color study with your layout
-add some brush work
-Include a brad or button, etc.
-include some subtle touches to your background
-include an edge overlay

What creative ideas will inspire for you this week in the AnnaLift challenge?
Try something new.
Have some fun.
Enjoy a new ArtPlay or love an old ArtPlay
Pat yourself on the back for being an awesome YOU.
Upload your AnnaLift to the gallery so we can tell YOU that you are awesome too!
It really doesn’t get any more cool or simple than that!

We can’t wait to see all the fabulous and creative AnnaLifts and we invite you to share your ART with us in the Anna gallery where we will love and encourage you.

If you have never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift…………just do it!
If you have never posted or shared your AnnaLift……………...just do it!
If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery….do it! (you just never know how your words could inspire and encourage someone!)

Thank you "debby todd', for sharing your amazing page and your beautiful ART with us and inspiring us this week!! Love to see your ART in the Anna gallery!

ArtPlay Palette Aspera
ArtPlay Palette Snow Fun
ArtPlay Palette Authentic
AnnaBlendz Artsy No. 4
ArtsyTransfers Grow Fresh
TissueTextures No. 6
SubtleQuotes Life No. 1
12 x 12 Distressed Edge No. 9 Overlays

We hope our AnnaLift inspires you and we invite you come join us in the gallery and share your ‘AnnaLift.’ You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay……………..Anna just wants us all to PLAY.

UPLOAD YOU ANNALIFT BY NOON EST 1/15/16 AND CHECK BACK HERE TO SEE WHO WINS THE GIFTKARD.

Thanks!!
Anna and Team

pam p

Thanks for the fun beautiful lift... I always enjoy seeing Debby's images in the gallery.

good_things.jpg

debby todd

Beyond honored ... I've never experienced this before and its rather scarry ... I'm always searching everyone else's LO ... I can't wait to see what happens. Christmas all over again!

easyeyes4you

Had SO much fun with this one... just happened to have 2 photos from the same spot one vertical and one horizontal... I liked the framing in the original...as well as the colors, etc... but obviously did not go there... hey you work with what you have.... click on the image to go to the gallery!

debby todd

You are all so kind and say such nice things! A person could grow accustomed to this. I received a "private" message from tylertooo saying that my LO was selected for the lift and ... "if I had time, could I also lift my own LO?" Seems pretty scary to me ... You know how sometimes things just happen -- life falls into place ... and then someone asks you to do it again and you don't even know how it all happened in the first place! We will see ...

Last edited by a moderator: