Oscraps

Anna Page Makeover (Apr 23)

casbury

Chris
New Anna Page Makeover to be posted on Monday, April 23! We will feature a makeover of one of ViVre's pages that she asked us to redo. She had always wanted the page to have a more artsy look. One of our team members took on her challenge!

Check back here on Monday to see the results!

casbury

Chris
It’s Makeover Monday and time for another Anna Page Makeover. This week we’re redoing a page submitted by ViVre. ViVre created this page awhile ago and always wanted to redo it in a more artsy style. She asked the team to take on this project and Anna Teamer, Eszter was up for the challenge.

ViVre’s original page is lovely but in a more traditional style. Here is Eszter’s thought process in creating the artsy redo: ‘ViVre asked for an Artsy Page Makeover and I love this page she wanted redone. I especially like the title and the colors, so I tried to keep these on my makeover page. I also like ViVre's choice of embellishments. The wood alpha's naturalness is perfect for this wonderful photo, so I incorporated it into the page, too.’

Eszter added her special flair and artistic style to ViVre's redo and created a beautiful page! In the before and after pictures below you can see that softening the hard lines of a traditional style can easily create a more artistic feel. Follow the link to Eszter's page for the list of credits she used.

(before) ViVre's traditional style page

shepherdViVre.jpg

(after) Eszter's artsy style redo

Anna Page Makeover, is a new bi-monthly feature at Anna Aspnes Designs that will help you give your pages a fresh and finished look using basic design principles and artsy Anna products. Every two weeks a page submitted from one of our readers will be selected for the makeover to be re-worked by a member of Anna’s Creative Team, complete with before and after pictures and a brief description of the process. Who doesn’t love a fun makeover?

Send us your pages for a makeover or just send us photos and we’ll create a page for you!

Here’s what you need to do to participate:

Email: Send us a jpg image at 600x600 at 72dpi of the page you would like redone (or just photos if you would like us to create a page) to: AnnaPageMakeover@gmail.com.
Subject Line: PageMakeover
Description: Include a brief description of what you like and don’t like about your page and why it isn’t working for you. Are there any items you definitely want to keep in the layout? Is there a message or style you are trying to convey? If your page or photo is selected for a makeover, we will ask you to send us high-resolution photos of those you would like included on the page.
Deadline: Since this is an ongoing feature there is no specific deadline for page or photo submittals. But the sooner you send them in the sooner you might be selected for the makeover. We will try to makeover each page or photo sent to us, no matter when it was submitted.

Note that pages will only be selected from those that are sent to us specifically for the makeover.

Thank you all for participating!

Ellen

what a great idea , would it be possible to do a step by step on how the makeover is done? whenever I see a layout with Anna's goodies I'm forever puzzling how it was put together.

casbury

Chris
what a great idea , would it be possible to do a step by step on how the makeover is done? whenever I see a layout with Anna's goodies I'm forever puzzling how it was put together.

Ellen, I'll check with Eszter and see if she has time to work on a step by step. That would be helpful in learning how to work with Anna's goodies...the process is never as mysterious as it looks. Anna has already done the hard work :)

ViVre

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Yes, i AM thrilled .........!!!

They said to me that the original was beautiful
and it was, but i honestly didn't like the straight lines
and my aweful clustering.
Eszter did a GREAT JOB, and she can be sure that i'll print this and frame it!!

THANK YOU ESZTER. You made my monday. {{{hugs}}}

nancyr

Wow I love both pages! Eszter what a fab makeover! I too would print it and frame it. I love this make over forum. Gives such inspiration.

marnie333

First of all, the photo is remarkable! The original was wonderful! Eszter, you did an amazing job of maintaining the integrity of the piece, while softening and lightening it! Stunning makeover!

beszteri

Eszter

I'm willing to create a step by step tutorial from my page, Ellen! I think I'll have time for this first at the weekend. :)

And thank all of you for the kind words! I'm so glad you - especially ViVre! ;) - like the makeover page!

casbury

Chris
Thanks to Anna-Teamer Eszter, you can see a tutorial with step by step instructions for creating her fabulous Makeover here on Anna's Blog.