Oscraps

Alternative to Printing a Bound Book with Your Scrapbook Pages

smith

Maggie
I have been creating scrapbook pages since 2004 when I connected with Anna Aspnes.

I use her products and techniques to make all of my greeting cards. I do the same to make special bound books for special events for my family.

I received this Skylight Frame for Christmas and it is fantastic:

Skylight Frame: 10 inch WiFi Digital Picture Frame, Email Photos from Anywhere, Touch Screen Digital Photo Frame Display - Gift for Friends and Family.

It came just in time to start uploading photos of our new great grandbaby boy. Everyone in the family received the Skylight frame so we can share photos.

I decided to try this with a scrapbook page. I made a page, saved it in jpeg, duplicated it, changed the size and put the page in my photos on my MacBook Pro. I went into the Skylight app and uploaded the scrapbook page. It came up on my Skylight Frame right away. I decided to share it with other family members for their frames. It worked! All of them can now enjoy my pages on their own Skylight Frames.

This is definitely an option to share pages rather than spending the time and money for bound books. It is not as wonderful as receiving a book in the mail, but it definitely is pretty awesome at no cost.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I've often thought about doing something like this, but all these digital units have a rectangular frame and I scrap in the usual 12 x 12 square. Would you mind sharing a photo of how a square layout might look?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I've often thought about doing something like this, but all these digital units have a rectangular frame and I scrap in the usual 12 x 12 square. Would you mind sharing a photo of how a square layout might look?
Angie, I just found a square frame on Amazon. They have a bigger one, but this one is only $49. The 15" is $120. 8" would probably be what I would want.

Aluratek 8" LCD Digital Picture Frame, 4GB Built-In Memory, USB/SD/SDHC Supported, Stylish Slim Modern Black​

Reactions: AZK

smith

Maggie
I scrap in 12x12 pages. After I complete a page that I want to show up on the Skylight frame, I make it into a 8x8" jpg and save it to my photos. I go into the Skylight app and select it and upload it to my device. It comes right up on the fame and you can see the entire page. It doesn't matter if it is a square, it still is all visible on my device. I hope this answers some questions. I am having so much fun posting my pages this way and sharing them with all my family members who have the Skylight frame. By the way, I do have a rectangle Skylight frame and the square pages work fine. I may have gotten a square frame, but mine was a gift.