Oscraps

Almost going crazy ...

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
... trying to follow a tutorial for editing photos that are written in English for Photoshop - while I have a Swedish edition of PSE. Sometimes I don't know if steps aren't doable in PSE or if I don't know what some modes/filters/whatever is called in Swedish. At least I know found a web site with Swedish to English translations for Photoshop.

We'll just have to wait and see if my flower pic will end up looking as good as Ann's: http://annaaspnes.typepad.com/anna/2014/02/composite-techniques-part-1-of-6.html

Anyone done a layout using this tutorial? Link please :)

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Haven't tried it yet, the layout looks great!
I work with a dutch version and have similar problems when trying tutorials.

But, i thought with your gardening skills you can get your flowers like that the natural way!

tanteva

My photo looks nowhere near the one in the tutorial - but it looks like it's going to be a fantastic layout anyway :)

Another question though Laurie - now I had a photo with four layers, and I wanted to move that over to an ArtsyKard as a layered image. But I cannot understand how to do it? If I try - it's flattened anyway. Do you know how to do this? PSE 11 is driving me NUTS. I should have stayed with PSE 6 even though you missed some function in it.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
looks like she started her original photo on a 12 by 12 page and then added the artsykard in first placing in one layer above the bottom/background resizing and then moving it up between the layers she worked on- does that make sense?

tanteva

Yeah, I totally get how she's doing. But when I try to move a layered psd-file on top of another - all I get is a flattened image of the psd. So far I've just used Show/hide all other layers and moved layer by layer, but there are soooo many layers on an ArtsyKard. I'm guessing there's something simple fundamental thing I don't know here LOL

Ann06

from Ann

Hello there!, what is your question, can I help? are you doing my tutorial from Anna's newsletter? Tell me where you are in the process and let me see if I can help you.

Or are you using my instruction from one of my pages?
Yes I start usually from a 12x12 inches background page and then I add a jpg artsy kardz I stretch it to the 12 by 12 size with Ctrl +T and becomes a new background paper.
Depending what artsy kardz did you use then you can add a different layer blending mode to it.

Does it help?

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:

tanteva

Thank you Ann! I was following these instructions:
http://annaaspnes.typepad.com/anna/2014/02/composite-techniques-part-1-of-6.html.

The problem is that at times I don't know if the different things mentioned isn't available in PSE or if I don't know what it's called in Swedish. It's almost like learning PSE from scratch. I used to have PSE6 in English, and recently switched to PSE11 in Swedish. So it's both learning new features and learning what everything's called in Swedish. It's almost like starting all over again :)

One thing - there are no Sharpen Filter in PSE, you can only do a simple sharpen. Things like that make that I have to "invent" other ways to try and achieve the same effects. Mine turned out more muted (I'm not sure that's the right English word, I mean less saturated) than your layout.

I'm very happy with how the layout turned out, even though it might be hard to see that I followed that tutorial :) You've seen in the gallery, since you commented on it - thank you for the nice words.

Here it is:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Your page is beautiful!

(although I had to click on this thread b/c I have to ask the question-- **Almost** crazy?? :rofl:)

Ann06

Almost crazy... answer from Ann

Eva,
I agree with all our friends are answering you already!
My take .... do not worry about the sharpen filter, it is not that important, at times depending on the image it is not that necessary at all, what is important in addition to the edges that maybe you may not have in a given image for what you may like to reconsider using it or not, is that the image must have in addition to details a nice contrast with shadows and sufficient color contrast, that will help on the overall effect for the watercolor technique!
I also tried at times with more than one image to do my compositions because not all of them perform as well and I chose the best among them.
Give it another try to the technique you will see beautiful results as you experiment on it, warning you though you may be addicted to it as I am...,
HTH and make sure you reach out to me if I can be of any further help,
Ann

tanteva

Oh my ... I should never had said yes to that invitation to become an AnnaGuest ;)

Now I'm surfing YouTube for tutorials on brushes. I'm sucked into an addiction LOL

The Smart Brush! - I'm in love with the Smart Brush. This family will have NO dinner for the next months, I'm busy fixing photos LOL