Oscraps

AFT Designs | January 2021 Challenge

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
Last month’s challenge was all about what brings you “Joy” - and when speaking of designing, for me, that usually involves pickling color palettes and creating papers. That’s my favorite part of the design process when I start creating a new digital scrapbooking kit for you.

The Challenge
This month I challenge you to create a layout that utilizes at least patterned papers. The papers do not have to be the focal point of your design, feel free to use them as accents, etc - but if they aren’t obvious to the eye, point them out to us and share how you used them.

How
The challenge will run from January 1st - January 31st. Create a layout featuring 3 patterned papers, post it in the gallery, and then share it here with us in this thread as well. (There isn’t a specific place in the gallery you need to post, your personal gallery is fine.)

I ask that the layout utilize at least 30-50% of items from my store. (Don’t overthink that percentage, just make sure some of my items are used pretty please)

Prize
A $5 coupon - which is good for anything in my store.

And please share! When you post, feel free to tell us about your creative process or something about your layout. Below you can find some of my favorite layouts using several patterned papers, and just some papers I've created that I enjoy.

cfile

3 pattern papers: (Used 4... 3 from Pepper Mini Kit and 1 from All About Me OScraps Collab) with the collab parts I used your items (AFT) only except for the chicken wire that was manu's. I love blending papers, and changing color by hue adjusting to match. On this page, 2 of the flowers I have hue adjusted from shades of blue to deep peachy red. I also blended papers .. I used for the bg a paper from Pepper mini kit and overlayed with a brown pattern from All About Me set to screen to make a softer bg.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightshadow

Elaina/aka Nightshadow
Here's mine. I used 3 papers and blended them plus elements from two of my favorite AFT kits. Birds are from Pixabay.

AFTdesigns

Designer
Designer
Thanks all for your beautiful layouts! Sorry for being late on choosing a winner - with the board being down and all. Our lucky winner was Marijke! :)