Oscraps

Adobe Bridge problems

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Hello everyone!! I think I'm going to give up using Bridge. It's very useful for me to organize photos and digital kits, it takes me forever to get everything organized but some time later the folders don't have access to what I've archived there. Anyone with the same problem?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
No, I don't have any problem with Bridge, other than it takes forever to load initially.

I'm not sure I understand what's happening for you though - can you explain a little more?

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
Hi, Vicki!! giving you an example. I have a briefcase named "butterflies" with 223 elements but when I select that briefcase i got the message "No items to display". If I start over again, building my briefcase, I can see my butterflies and use them for some time but I will get this message again sooner or later.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I don't have any problems with Bridge. It works perfectly. Sometimes it needs a little bit longer to open a folder, but then I know that a new update is coming up.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I think that you might have to clear your cache on Bridge I have done that before and seems to help it to run better.
  1. Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS).
  2. Select the Cache panel.
  3. Click Purge All Cache Now.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
I spent some time researching this and found that for the past several years users have been experiencing this sort of randomly. One of the things that sometimes worked was Trudy's suggestion about clearing the cache. The other thing that some users found was that whatever the display options/search filters were set to in the main Bridge window, would randomly change, which explains the "no items to display" part. I wasn't able to find where specifically to look for those settings. It also seems that the problem happens most often when the files are on an external drive.

Sorry to not be of more help ... what a frustrating problem!

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I think that you might have to clear your cache on Bridge I have done that before and seems to help it to run better.
  1. Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS).
  2. Select the Cache panel.
  3. Click Purge All Cache Now.
Thanks, I will try to do that. xx

AnaSantos

The O is Awesome
CHEERY O
I spent some time researching this and found that for the past several years users have been experiencing this sort of randomly. One of the things that sometimes worked was Trudy's suggestion about clearing the cache. The other thing that some users found was that whatever the display options/search filters were set to in the main Bridge window, would randomly change, which explains the "no items to display" part. I wasn't able to find where specifically to look for those settings. It also seems that the problem happens most often when the files are on an external drive.

Sorry to not be of more help ... what a frustrating problem!
I have to thank you a lot, Vicki!! my files are always on an external drive, or several and that´s probably why this is happening to me. I will see if I can fix my bridge. xx