Oscraps

A blast from the Past - Genealogy in the Gallery - March

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I was given a great idea and decided to run with it. There are loads of heritage/genealogy LOs in the gallery. Some people don't even realize they've made a genealogy page! I thought it would be a nifty, neat, and cool idea to not only post our own LOs in this thread that we'd like to share with each other but to share genealogy and heritage gems we find in the gallery. I'll start a new thread every month for them. Don't be afraid to take a deep dive and find some older LOs, and make sure you leave a little encouragement behind. Please link your choice to the gallery so we can all go ooh and ah over it and maybe find something new we want to try!

I found this one by Trudy aka @taxed4ever I love the photo and just as importantly she added information about all the people in the picture and how they related to her father. Future generations will treasure this page!

Last edited:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh I need to go and find one (or two :)), I know there are plenty of very creative and beautiful heritage layouts in the gallery! :) Thanks Susan!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
This is so cool Susan! I am so excited about this idea. This is an old photo of my dad as a kid.
Linda, this is priceless! My Grandpa was 20 years older than your Dad and he also had a damaged heart because of rheumatic fever. He also played sports in high schppl, although I was surprised to find it was football and track. I need to send the photos to my Mother. I think she has no clue. He worked for the railroad, too, and they made him retire after his first heart attack. So he did what the doctor ordered and sat down, took it easy. He had 2 more heart attacks and the third was his last. He was 50. I was so lucky to have known him, though.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I just put this LO up last night. I haven't done a lot of research into this branch of my family yet. They are a little difficult to sort out in Rhode Isaland because they all named their kids the same at the same time. Aye!

My great Grandpa Deburger looked EXACTLY like his Grandfather, except he was clean shaven. And I have a 2dn cousin who, when I met him I couldn't help myself "You look JUST like my Grandpa D, even just as tall." Both were well over 6 foot tall.

|Fun having pirates in the family!

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
This is one of my favourite layouts. Little Ida wrote to the local paper about her life in Tasmania in 1898. I found the articles in our historical newspaper archive in Australia called 'TROVE' Just by searching the surname and the area where they lived, I was able to discover so much about my ancestors.

ida (2).jpg

Hamer Lodge

forever learning

Hamer Lodge

forever learning
I just put this LO up last night. I haven't done a lot of research into this branch of my family yet. They are a little difficult to sort out in Rhode Isaland because they all named their kids the same at the same time. Aye!

My great Grandpa Deburger looked EXACTLY like his Grandfather, except he was clean shaven. And I have a 2dn cousin who, when I met him I couldn't help myself "You look JUST like my Grandpa D, even just as tall." Both were well over 6 foot tall.

|Fun having pirates in the family!
Magical layout!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
This is one of my favourite layouts. Little Ida wrote to the local paper about her life in Tasmania in 1898. I found the articles in our historical newspaper archive in Australia called 'TROVE' Just by searching the surname and the area where they lived, I was able to discover so much about my ancestors.

View attachment 368228
What a neat story! You just never know what you're going to find and where. No stone unturned...

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I have two of my dad to share. This one is him with his dog Jasper.

And this one is just cutest outfit ever.

Cindy, they ARE the cutest! I have one of my Grandpa taken in about 1914 or so in a little outfit like that but white, with a little hat on his very curly head of hair. He did not look happy at all. I love it that YOUR Dad does! Wonderful composition in both of those LOs.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I found this one I did of my mother's mother and father. He died in the Spanish flu epidemic 7 months prior to my mother's birth. This photo was taken about 1917,

This one is a photo of my husband's father and 2 brothers taken in 1921 in Oklahoma.

This is a LO of my father's parents in about the very early 1900's

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I found this one I did of my mother's mother and father. He died in the Spanish flu epidemic 7 months prior to my mother's birth. This photo was taken about 1917,

This one is a photo of my husband's father and 2 brothers taken in 1921 in Oklahoma.

This is a LO of my father's parents in about the very early 1900's
Kay, those are some amazing stories! Your grandfather must have had such an interesting job! You know, that chair shows up in a lot of my family photos, too. It must have been a favortie of the photographic community. It sure helps date photos!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Kay, those are some amazing stories! Your grandfather must have had such an interesting job! You know, that chair shows up in a lot of my family photos, too. It must have been a favortie of the photographic community. It sure helps date photos!
My mother's father was a traveling Photographer. Think from the stories my grandmother/his wife told me, this was part of his photo set he used. He set it all up and had another person take this photo for them. I have quite a few of the photos he took of mother's older brother/sister and some of my grandmother.

LSlycord

I did this soon after coming to Oscraps. A lot of my heritage LOs were done before that or not posted online.

Oh @scrap-genie this page is truly perfect! Thank you for sharing it. I am absolutely going to take what you have done here and apply it to some of my pages.Love how you included so much of his story, plus the land grant and the tombstone! I am truly in awe!