Oscraps

2023-01 Rachel Jefferies January 2023 Mixed Media Challenge***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Happy New Years my friends! I hope everyone had a fabulous time over the Holidays with family and friends and doing what you enjoy doing at this time of year!

We are back and ready to jump into some mixed media fun! I'd like to kick the year off with an art journaling scrap lift. We are going to head on over to Rachel's Art Journal Inspiration Board. Scroll through this board and scrap lift a layout that speaks the most to your inner creative!

I'm lifting this layout. The clocks remind me of how fast time is passing and it really spoke to the inner thoughts of my mind.
7IdjrFR.jpg

Here's my layout:

6j2SzaS.jpg

So here's the plan for this challenge:
  • Scraplift an art journaling layout from Rachel's Art Journal Inspiration Board.
  • You can use photos or go photoless
  • Templates are NOT allowed for this challenge.
  • Layout must use at least 75% of Rachel's Product. The other 25% must contain product from another current Oscrap's designer. The product can be currently available in the Oscrap Shop or be retired products from Rachel or a current designer.
  • Rachel's Collabs that are in her store at Oscraps are allowed.
  • Upload your layout to the Rachel Jefferies Designs Gallery at Oscraps and list the designs used in your credits.
  • For your challenge entry to be counted, you MUST upload your finished layout to this thread and include the layout from Rachel's Art Journal Inspiration Board.
  • No double-dipping…your layout must be used for this challenge only, no others.
  • This challenge will remain open until January 31, 2023

Prize:
  • All participants who post their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meet the criteria will be eligible for a coupon of 15% off their next order (from Rachel's shop) of $10 or more.
  • ONE lucky random winner who posts their page during the challenge month by the end of month deadline and meets the criteria will receive a $8.00 coupon for Rachel's Shop here at Oscraps!
  • By completing ALLtwelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023, this will give you the chance to win a three month Guest Gig on her Creative Team or maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a $20 coupon to her shop!
    • In order to be eligible for the annual drawings for the Guest Gig or the $20 Coupon to Rachel's shop you will need to do the following:
      • Complete ALL twelve of Rachel's Mixed Media Challenges at Oscraps in 2023 by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
      • Post the challenge layout in the appropriate challenge month thread in Rachel Jefferies Challenge Threads (for example: January Challenge layout must be posted in the January Challenge thread that is linked back to the gallery--even if you complete it in November, it still must be posted in the January Thread).
      • Complete your tracker thread with a link to each layout by December 31, 2023 by 1159 PM PDT.
Note:for the annual drawings, challenge pages will be accepted for individual challenges after the actual challenge month and the end of month deadlines have both passed.

If you have any questions just tag me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I look forward to seeing your layouts!

Last edited:

AJM

Last edited:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Last edited:

kaklei

Thanks for a great Challenge Esther, I love her pinboard
I am a fan of portraits and amazing faces...so here is the one I have chosen
scraplift.jpg

and my version...well, it was a hard one to do, so I hope is ok, because I worked so hard to cover half her face and hair with gesso and other items

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
I choose a great page of Tuscan Rose, because I love the choice of colors and the very complicate layout.
RACHEL JEFFERIES - Tuscan Rose_250px.jpg
I have just 4 Rachel's collections and I used all to lift the Tuscan Rose's layout.
Thank you for this challenge, I was really happy to play with the palette of blue and green !

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
*****entries for the participation coupon and $8 coupon prize draw are now closed from this point onwards for the month of January****

The WINNER will be announced and the participation and the winning $8 coupon will be coming soon.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Congrats to @lm44west you are the WINNER of this challenge!!! Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

The participation coupon has also been sent to everyone else that Participated. Please check your inbox here at Oscraps for your coupon code. If you have any issues with it, please let me know so that I can work to resolve.

>>>>>Late entries are welcome and can be added to your reward trackers to enter the annual drawing<<<<

Rachel Jefferies

Designer
Designer
Thanks everyone for taking part!! Hope you will roll over to Feb with us and create each month, we love seeing your art!
Congrats to @lm44west for your wee shopping spree!